Enzo successor spotted

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 675 comments
That's all marketing talk. As long as Ferrari's profits are up as a result of better & better cars coming out (360->F430->458) over the years, they'll keep making them as long as there's an order sheet a mile long for them. They may be cocky Italians, but they're not stupid.

790 something HP from a Naturally aspirated 6.2 Litre V12 if the Autocar chap is to be believed is certainly impressive.

Downright clever that they use the battery power to fill in the predictably ridiculous power band. Even though the V12 is a screamer, you've really got to drive it hard to get that 790 BHP. It actually makes too much sense to program the car that way.

Still, I'm on team 918. Glad to hear that each of them are spectacular in their own ways.

The way that car goes through the gears is truly insane. The engine is unbelievable. I very much want to see one of these race a Veyron.

The way that car goes through the gears is truly insane. The engine is unbelievable. I very much want to see one of these race a Veyron.

Seriously...on a track? The Veryon has all the handling of a barge, with less visibility. The Ferrari is an F1 car barely dressed in street clothes, it would blow the doors off a Veryon on a race track. It would be fun to watch though 👍

Seriously...on a track? The Veryon has all the handling of a barge, with less visibility. The Ferrari is an F1 car barely dressed in street clothes, it would blow the doors off a Veryon on a race track. It would be fun to watch though 👍

Quite. I meant purely in a straight line.

Quite. I meant purely in a straight line.
There is a reason it's hard to find 1/4 mile times for sports cars, that is not their purpose. That being said I found times for various flavors (including the super sport) Veryon listed at 9.9 - 10.7 seconds. Car and Driver has LaFerrari listed at 9.8 seconds. So it sounds like a close race, if you consider that a race for sports cars. I would much rather see them head to head at Monza, Spa the Nurb or someplace like that 👍

There is a reason it's hard to find 1/4 mile times for sports cars, that is not their purpose. That being said I found times for various flavors (including the super sport) Veryon listed at 9.9 - 10.7 seconds. Car and Driver has LaFerrari listed at 9.8 seconds. So it sounds like a close race, if you consider that a race for sports cars. I would much rather see them head to head at Monza, Spa the Nurb or someplace like that 👍

It won't happen. It will most likely happen on a Russian or UAE highway or a certain Swedish runway.

Regenerative braking, hybrid vehicles use the braking phase to "recycle" the lost energy of braking and re-store it in the battery.

Oh I thought it was like an immortal brake pad or something (yes I'm not smart).

LaFerrariXX rumored to get turbo V6 engine
And Top Gear can exclusively reveal that the company has been working on a Formula One-derived V6 turbo hybrid powertrain for the car. Yup, it's that hot: an F1 car for civilians.

Speaking at the recent Ferrari Racing Days event in Sydney, Ferrari's Sporting Activity Department boss Antonella Coletta confirmed that the new car would likely appear "in January or February" next year, following in the footsteps of the original FXX - which Stig piloted around the track many moons ago - and the 599XX.

Coletta admitted that making the XX version any quicker would be ‘difficult'; quite possibly the understatement of the year. But then Ferrari's XX programme has never just been about power. Coletta suggested the LaFerrari XX would boast a revised suspension system, as well as more aero and a rethought electric system. Oh, and slick tyres.

Though Coletta never mentioned anything about the powertrain, you might remember late last year, the Internet was ablaze with a video of a disguised LaFerrari mule lapping Fiorano and making-turbo noise. Online speculation reckoned on Ferrari doing some secret-squirrel pre-season race testing. But no, we've been told from very high up in the company that this was a potential powertrain for the new XX.

No confirmation yet that the XX will run this engine. But even if it doesn't, the very fact that Ferrari tried it out shows just how serious it is about making the XX into an unimaginably ballistic machine.
Top Gear

LaFerrariXX

> Has fewest number of cylinders in current Ferrari range
> Most powerful model the company produces

With that said, using F1 technology in road cars is interesting, benefits performance as well as increasing efficiency. The next hurdle is reliability and preventing fires.

Few pics I've found online.

I really like it in all one color.
1779947_10203229613689437_519039579_n.jpg

1601035_10203229770373354_1494972392_n.jpg

1782102_10203229795973994_962163089_n.jpg

1920497_10203229799894092_1516616658_n.jpg

1939853_10203229828694812_1959347385_n.jpg
10307390_10203790333307077_7266876229209816442_n.jpg

Enzo looks really dated.
10171100_10203790357587684_3725805372274568986_n.jpg

I don't like the front spoiler colors either. I do prefer the overall shape of the LaF better, its more organic and curvy than the Enzo.
1880908d1399053964-official-ferrari-laferrari-picture-thread-ferrari-laferrari-exeterior-details-02.jpg

1880747d1398997327-official-ferrari-laferrari-picture-thread-13897039800_7ee07fdc5f_c.jpg

The Enzo does not look dated at all. This new generation of "hyper cars" like the LaF/P1 and even those special edition Lambos just look like space ships, like that Vision GT Merc.

Cars like a ZR1/GT-R/458/911/650s/R8 etc look alot older than a Enzo IMO.

I don't know, I think the Enzo definitely looks very "2000s" - kind of rounded, simple but bold shapes, large flat-ish surfaces. I wouldn't call it dated, but it's by no means modern. I've always thought of the Enzo as an icon, but it's an icon of it's time, and it looks exactly as old as it is.

The Enzo does not look dated at all. This new generation of "hyper cars" like the LaF/P1 and even those special edition Lambos just look like space ships, like that Vision GT Merc.

Cars like a ZR1/GT-R/458/911/650s/R8 etc look alot older than a Enzo IMO.

It looks very dated, so dated I would almost mistake it from an era of the F1. Which says more about the McLaren than the Ferrari, or maybe more about Gordon Murry rather than Rory (that is who did the Enzo right? correct me if I'm wrong).

Like a lot the supercars from the last decade the Enzo has aged well.

The Carrera GT, Zonda, Murcielago, SLR etc. all look really good now. I don't think well be able to say the same of the LaFerrari and P1. The 918 might be ok because in my opinion it's a less fussy shape than the others.

The Zonda, SLR, & Murcielago (the 6.2 aged the moment the LP640 was released) have not aged well at all thanks to their successors. The Enzo & Carrera GT are the only ones that have managed to remain somewhat modern in design, though I'm sure the 918 will eventually show the CGT's age as well.

Back