Episodes from Liberty City - DLC for PS3

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 121 comments
Spuds725
This was put up on an online retailers site-- and taken down shortly... found link to it on another board that was dead but then found the page cached on google......

http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...om-Liberty-City--PS3&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I will believe it when it is actually announced-- but it might give some PS3 owners some hope.... hope I'm not giving everyone some false hope..

Release date was listed as 31 March 2010.... this coincides with the picture in the TBOGT artwork.... that says "Opens March Everywhere" at the bottom...

custom12567757517206379.jpg

.....................................^^^

It was also listed briefly on another retailers site... Rockstar claims that was a mistake too...

http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=11145

I'm betting the odds are pretty good....

Last edited:
Well, this is surely cool indeed! And I thought Microsoft was going to keep their extra asked for GTA titles to themselves.

! Awesome, I've been wondering when (if) these would hit PS3 :) I just need to get some funds on my PSN account and then I'm sorted :cool:

TLOD was released a year ago... that must've been one hell of a deal :|

Why on earth does Microsoft demand it gets DLC for everything ages before PC/PS3? It's doing the same thing with Modern Warfare 2, paid its way to having the DLC exclusive to the 360 for a month... :grumpy:

About time, I will probably get them from the shop if I can get the money for them.

EDIT: Something just hit me, GT5 is coming out kinda soon after that so I dont know what I will do...I also want MW2 map packs and all this is hard to get without a job.

I'm definetly sure that both TLAD and BOGT are coming for PS3 and PC, because Microsoft paid $50 millions to Rockstar for X360 exclusive, BUT ONLY for one year. After it expires, you should expect some news.

TLAD > TBOGT

Its looking good. I had put aside money to get them when the rumours started flying last month, so I might even go preorder it. Hard copy, of course.

Last edited:
I just thought that I could see how much GTA IV trades in for because you dont need it if you have the disc, even if it trades for 30 dollars that is damn close to the 40 you need. Is it 40 in Australian dollars or what, I dont know.

EDIT: The 360 hard copy is 70 dollars :/.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/xbox360-148202-Grand-Theft-Auto-Episodes-From-Liberty-City-Xbox-360

http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-137605-Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-PlayStation-3

And the original game new is only 60 which means I wont even get 30 for it, *sigh*...

Hold on the Episodes disk dosen't come with the original GTA4, there's no way in hell I'm getting rid of my original to get the Episodes. And I also don't mind spending $70 since I haven't bought a game for about a year or so.

Wait wha, I thought it had GTA IV aswell. Screw that then, BO:P and Call of Duty: WaW can say bye bye.

EDIT: So can MC:LA.

Last edited:
Episodes from Liberty City is released with Lost & The Damned and The Ballad Of Gay Tony; neither require GTA4 to play. The episodes are completely standalone games.

Functionally, the replay value is almost identical, and some would argue better than GTA4. The storyline of each however, is shorter.

Also, there are numerous used copies of GTA4 discs floating around for well under $40.

If you want any new game for half price, buy an Platinum version. GTA4 was first about $70, and now it is about $30. But you will only need to wait 6 months after release...

This is a possible FYI for those PS3 & PC players out there...

As you know TLAD was released last winter for xbox. The EFLC disk that included this episode was released in October-- the multiplayer on the TLAD side of EFLC was not compatible with the DLC TLAD version-- meaning you cannot play with friends that have one version if you have the other-- the reason was some minor map changes in the 2 versions...

I don't believe there has been any word yet as to whether the DLC TLAD and the EFLC TLAD versions for PS3 and PC multiplayers will be compatible or not.

So unless this is put out by Rockstar Games prior to game release, it would probably be a good idea to make sure you get the same version as your friends..

There is no compatibility issues between the two BOGT versions...

I hope there isn't -- having seperate MP versions will dilute the GTA4 multiplayer player pool more then it already will just by having 2 new MP versions out there...

Also, more likely then not-- the new versions will include the GTA 4 game filter patch to allow you to search for games with some of the settings filtered for you...

Example-- AA: off or AA:embarrassed:n only games.... so unless you set these to "any" you may filter yourself out of finding games with many players in them (in addition to the MP dilution issue).... I've read of this from some xbox players so just wanted to put this out there..

HTH...

This is a possible FYI for those PS3 & PC players out there...

As you know TLAD was released last winter for xbox. The EFLC disk that included this episode was released in October-- the multiplayer on the TLAD side of EFLC was not compatible with the DLC TLAD version-- meaning you cannot play with friends that have one version if you have the other-- the reason was some minor map changes in the 2 versions...

I don't believe there has been any word yet as to whether the DLC TLAD and the EFLC TLAD versions for PS3 and PC multiplayers will be compatible or not.

So unless this is put out by Rockstar Games prior to game release, it would probably be a good idea to make sure you get the same version as your friends..

There is no compatibility issues between the two BOGT versions...

I hope there isn't -- having seperate MP versions will dilute the GTA4 multiplayer player pool more then it already will just by having 2 new MP versions out there...

Also, more likely then not-- the new versions will include the GTA 4 game filter patch to allow you to search for games with some of the settings filtered for you...

Example-- AA: off or AA:embarrassed:n only games.... so unless you set these to "any" you may filter yourself out of finding games with many players in them (in addition to the MP dilution issue).... I've read of this from some xbox players so just wanted to put this out there..

HTH...

Cool, thanks for the heads up. 👍

I did read about that actually but I am still getting the disc which I hope my friends are doing. If not, I dont care because I really doubt I will be playing TLaD much online. I want to know if the game will support 100 friends cause at the moment it only supports 50 making it extremely difficult to match up with friends, invite them etc because they dont show up.

Latest Posts

Back