Episodes from Liberty City - DLC for PS3

• Thread starter Spuds725
  • 121 comments
What a shame, I just finished reading this all happy and came to tell you that it had already apparently come out.
Are you kidding me? That means my preorder might of worked yesterday? Jesus, argh. I bet there is nothing wrong and they are just putting it back because they can. Sony are so annoying.

Im thinking about re doing the mission parts in GTAIV ready to jump straight into the DLC.

Though for some reason i just dont find GTA IV to be as replayable.. the little annoying dates and taking your friends are very tedious. Having to keep them liking you and having to take them out to 1 of each location really is a big reason why i havnt tried for 100%, not to mention the fact you dont get anything for shooting pidgeons... no weapon spawns.. no cash.. nothing.. just makes no sense. And getting nothing for 100% is another reason...

Why..Why.. Why did they do that to us!!

They give you a virtual trophy :/

Dates with girls are NOT required-- I think you HAVE TO go out with michelle one time... you can blow off Kate.

You do have to do your MAN DATES-- but I found (after the fact) you can do multiple activities (that are required for 100%) on one "date"-- for example-- take Brucie to the comedy club, then bowling, then drinking, etc... rather then take him back home after one activity... this saves alot of time...

I've actually done the story 3 times... not because I wanted to but because I wanted the 100% trophy and the Platinum trophy...

First time through story-- game release, Restarted in Dec 2008 for the trophies... was working on 100% when my blueray died... I backed up my hard drive before wiping and shipping to Sony and just assumed my saves (which are on my hard drive) would also be backed up... NOT... lost all my saves... played through 3rd time (started March 2009) and finished 100% around July or so

Well, two days from now I can start playing this. I have school today, the game comes out tomorrow and I have school tomorrow...

When I come home tomorrow it should already be at home cause my mum has to pick it up for me, I am just 4 months under 15 :/

EDIT: Wait a second!!! http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-149625-Grand-Theft-Auto-Episodes-from-Liberty-City-PlayStation-3

Apparently it is out now, I will leave a note for mum so when she wakes up she can ring up and ask if she can pick it up. Awesome awesome awesome awesome!

EDIT 2: Currently installing, can not wait!

Last edited:
Cool game. i really liked GTa4 and to romp Liberty City once more feels really cool. I must say though that I like "The ballad of gay tony" much more than "Lost and damned". Both are fun in their own right but i feel like the ballad is so much more dynamic and humorous with all of it's interesting set of characters. Great game :)

Whoa, I wont spoil this too much but in one of the missions in TBOGT, you see Niko doing a deal. I didnt expect to see him in this at all.

Whoa, I wont spoil this too much but in one of the missions in TBOGT, you see Niko doing a deal. I didnt expect to see him in this at all.

You mean that mission, where you meat that guy at that place, and kill those guys, and escape that place to your place?

Last edited:
Croooooooow, you could've put that in spoiler tags... some of us haven't started TBOGT yet :/

Croooooooow, you could've put that in spoiler tags... some of us haven't started TBOGT yet :/

I never knew that. Thanks for the hint. 👍
But, i didn't know how, so I did changed it old school. :cool:

You mean that mission, where you meat that guy at that place, and kill those guys, and escape that place to your place?
The one with a golden buzzard in it on a rooftop.

The dancing in this game is SOO AWESOME!! I am trying to pass in game time so I can try some club management at night so I went to the gay club. I started dancing with some chick and then a guy with pink boots and insanely high pants came and scared her away halfway through my dance. We are now having a dance off in front of everyone in the gay club, its hilarious!

EDIT: Finished the dance off, resumed the dance with the girl, finished that and now most of the gay club is dancing in sync with each other (me included) to 'the bus stop'!

EDIT 2: So now I have the trophy for dancing perfectly in both of Tony's clubs. I went upstairs in the non gay club, I had a champagne drink off, oh dear. I had to walk down the stairs drunk, literally tumbled head over heels down the stairs. Now I have the huge problem of having to walk up the stairs to try and get out. I keep tripping on the first step and losing tonnes of health.

Last edited:
I knew you could do that but I stopped after 3 cause it was getting boring. The champagne trick works nicely though :D.

I'm loving TBoGT for the new cars. I love cruising around Star Junction at night in a black Super Diamond.

I'm loving TBOGT. The news cars are great, the characters are awesome and if this is a sign of things to come then I welcome more DLC.

Last edited:
Wow! I don't want to ruin where you wake up.. but Wow!!!! It's a true Suprise...

Edit: How do you get out?

There's a few different locations, - chosen at random.
But since you're having problems getting out: Try climbing down the stairs and find the non-solid doorway, then utilize the piece of equipment you got ;)

Im about 10% through a new game of GTAIV, I have already bought Lost and damned and TBOGT so will play them after.. should be a fun next month!!

I just beat the campaign, and I can say this DLC was worth the wait. Now I can replay the missions and try to get above 80% in each one, trophy-whore, and beat all the Drug Wars. :) Btw, on the game it says there is 25 D.W's but on www.gtaforums.com it says there are 50!

I just did the, drink shots till you drop thing. I woke up in the middle of Middle Park in a bush, on the island in the middle of the lake. There was a gun beside me too, not to sure what when down there but I can only guess, my trouble is trying to get out of here drunk :/

You have to complete 50 of them apparently to unlock *something*, I suppose after you complete 25 you can keep going with them? I'm not too sure.

--------------

I'm having an absolute ball with TBoGT, I think it's fantastic and well worth the $35.

TLaD however, I've already been put off by some aspects of the game. However I won't spoil it for anyone.

Oh yes I have tried but it doesn't work. Walls near his face? That's a different story. :lol:

I also like putting some near the end of ledges or on top of buildings when they're not expecting it. Did it to Plan B on the crane. :D

Did you stick one to his face? :lol:
Tried, but it bounces right back to him, thats quite funny!

Oh yes I have tried but it doesn't work. Walls near his face? That's a different story. :lol:

I also like putting some near the end of ledges or on top of buildings when they're not expecting it. Did it to Plan B on the crane. :D

Ugh, some of those are VERY unexpected, putting them on random corners is just annoying, beep beep beep, BOOOOMMM.

EDIT: The trophies are relatively easy too, I have most of them done for TBOGT.

You have to complete 50 of them apparently to unlock *something*, I suppose after you complete 25 you can keep going with them? I'm not too sure.

Doing 25 is enough for the % and achievement/trophy
Doing 50 will unlock all the possible weapons at your safehouse.
You get a weapon for every 10 completed.
Beware that they won't appear before the mission where they're introduced are played.

You can keep doing them beyond 50 indefinitely, but the only reward is the specially colored vehicles that appear in those missions (some of which are pretty cool)

Great. My game (well, the PS3) froze during the middle of "For The Man Who Has Everything", and my last save is circa. four hours of playtime ago - at least half the missions :mad:

I was on the train, shooting down a chopper when the game started lagging and I was thinking "uh oh, that can't be good"... sure enough, a few seconds later everything locked up. :indiff:

Back