Error NP-32470-6

• Thread starter Leo Thorne
  • 347 comments
Guys,
It looks like Sony Network has an issue.
James

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180713-195531.png
    Screenshot_20180713-195531.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 40
There has been a few internet related things not working properly lately, I think something major is wrong again. Wouldn't surprise me if it's some hack of some kind, seems to be more and more of them happening.

I am back in game again and not been kicked offline straightaway so I'll see how long this lasts for...

Guys,
It looks like Sony Network has an issue.
James

It does. As it did yesterday. I can't play GTS, Destiny 1 or 2 or Elite Dangerous. Funnily I can play Tera and D & D Neverwinter both of which are free to play online MMO's.

Up and running in Belgium.

(Pressed reconnect 4 times, connected to server on 4th attempt).

Attachments

• DA7F64D5-C22C-4401-A6A0-B188EAD73BE3.jpeg
    DA7F64D5-C22C-4401-A6A0-B188EAD73BE3.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 17
It does. As it did yesterday. I can't play GTS, Destiny 1 or 2 or Elite Dangerous. Funnily I can play Tera and D & D Neverwinter both of which are free to play online MMO's.

Due to the issues (again), it probably doesn't recognise that you have PS plus, those free to play games won't need a subscription so that's probably why they still work.

Mine was back up this afternoon, but tried to sign in a moment ago & it's down again.

VBR
Mine was back up this afternoon, but tried to sign in a moment ago & it's down again.

Spam your reconnect button. It worked for me 5 minutes ago on my drift account. 4th attempt got me connected.

Seems to be staying online because I'm sorting folders in my library and it's reconnecting every time so I'm not complaining as that's all I was going to be doing tonight anyway.

I just got online fine with one account 5 minutes ago, but got the same error when logging on to my other account just now. I wonder if the servers can only handle a certain amount of accounts right now given the pattern for being connected or not seems pretty random right now.

Spam your reconnect button. It worked for me 5 minutes ago on my drift account. 4th attempt got me connected.
For how long though? I've been able to get on a couple of times but never long enough to make it into a Daily :( Given up on it now.

Omg is this still going on, I tried over 24 hrs ago and didn't even check until now, I can't believe this is happening again 24 hrs later wow.. Must be some serious DOS attack

Seems to be staying online because I'm sorting folders in my library and it's reconnecting every time so I'm not complaining as that's all I was going to be doing tonight anyway.

Well, ain't you just the most lovely self-centered human of beings...

I'll add too that, I was only going to watch some of my most amazing replays, Enjoy sorting your folders O_o

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the issues (again), it probably doesn't recognise that you have PS plus, those free to play games won't need a subscription so that's probably why they still work.
Nope. There was a period when I allowed Plus to lapse. It did not stop me from playing Destiny. It just put padlocks on the multiplayer parts. Now not being able to proceed past the character select screen is something very different. Nor is it stopping me from playing Plus free games either.

Last edited:
Well, ain't you just the most lovely self-centered human of beings...

I'll add too that, I was only going to watch some of my most amazing replays, Enjoy sorting your folders O_o

He didn't come off as self-centered to me. Perhaps this outage just wasn't going to affect him as much because he wasn't planning on putting in some serious racing time today.

Nope. There was a period when I allowed Plus to lapse. It did not stop me from playing Destiny. It just put padlocks on the multiplayer parts. Now not being able to proceed past the character select screen is something very different.

Well not requiring plus is likely why those free to play games do work, they may even use completely different servers, maybe even a direct connection not through the PSN servers, I don't know. They will be a logical explanation as to why they work though when a ton of other online stuff does not, if you possessed the full knowledge of how exactly these things work, which I don't.

Destiny as an online only game probably works differently again and I'd assume will suffer a lot any time something PSN related isn't working properly, just like GT Sport won't let you play a big part of it or save the game without an internet connection.

Back