Euro 2004 Thread

• Thread starter Race Idiot
  • 569 comments
Didn't saw that coming!

So, the last match of the tournament is going to be between the same teams as the first. I just hope the score isn't the same...

Damn, I'm really afraid of those Greeks now. :rolleyes:

BOO. Czech didnt deserve to go out on a last minute silver goal :grumpy:

I dont like either finalist. I hope the ref wins.

It was the commentators fault, he said. 'Well if the Greeks score from this corner it could be all over' and then they scored.

Hopefully the Greeks will do what they have to do and beat the home team......Ow my holiday in Greece will be soooooo sweet then :)

HAIL TO GREECE!!!!!!! HAIL TO THE GREEKS!!!!! HAIL TO THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAIL TO THE PLAYERS!!!!!! HAIL TO THE COACH!!!!!!!!
I think those who were sayin' that Greece is gonna lose 3-0 or 4-0 and stuff like that, they should SHUT THE **** UP!!!! :crazy: :crazy:

Anything can happen on Sunday!!!!! If we win, the country will burn!!!!!
The country will be out of control!!!!! A histerical situation will occur!!
A fernzy!!!!!

Anyway I hope that we're gonna see a great game on Sunday!!!
:cheers: :cheers:
peace!!!!

^^ Oh, that's the same thing! :P

donbenni
I hope Portugal looses. They shouldn't be in the final anyway.
We're all loose, don't worry...
Anyway, why shouldn't they be in the final?

DiabolicalMask
We're all loose, don't worry...
Anyway, why shouldn't they be in the final?

He probably still thinks England was robbed.

Blah, I haven't seen a decent knockout game yet in the tournament. I have a feeling that the final is going to be ****ing boring, unless Portugall goes all out and that Maniche bloke scores another ****ing awesome goal. I still can't see it being an exciting game from a neutral point.

Question
I dont really follow soccer much, but I happened to see some of the Greece game yesterday, and noticed they won the match with a "Silver Goal"????? What exactly does that mean??

Holland played terrible last night. I think Holland will win, the home crowd will give them such a boost. I think there could have been a better final, but I bet the bookies are making loads.

Talking about some annoyed portugese (sp?)
I read in the telegraph about a hotelier that was annoyed because he lost 40 bookings when portugal knocked England out. That's 40,000 people they are missing out on.

hanker
Question
I dont really follow soccer much, but I happened to see some of the Greece game yesterday, and noticed they won the match with a "Silver Goal"????? What exactly does that mean??
With the Golden goal, the game ends when 1 team scores.

The Silver goal is that even tho' one team scores, the other has until the end of that 15 minute half to get an equaliser. If Greece had scored eralier, then the Czechs would have had up to half time to try and get a goal themselves. Greece scored right on half time (in extra time) so it was really a golden goal as the Czechs had no time to respond.

Race Idiot
I have a feeling that the final is going to be ****ing boring, unless Portugall goes all out and that Maniche bloke scores another ****ing awesome goal. I still can't see it being an exciting game from a neutral point.
I see your point and there are a lot of people sharing that feeling here.
We're all looking at this game has a revenge and that is keeping us all excited, but I can't help thinking that it's a "poor" final.
I guess even a Portugal-Czech Republic final would probably have maybe twice the audience worldwide.

ExigeExcel
I think Holland will win, the home crowd will give them such a boost.
You meant Portugal, right?

ExigeExcel
I read in the telegraph about a hotelier that was annoyed because he lost 40 bookings when portugal knocked England out. That's 40,000 people they are missing out on.
I guess that's normal in any tournament. As it aproaches the end, more and more people leave because their teams are eliminated and there's always surprise results.
But it is true that, while I don't have access to any kind of statistics, the English were here in a great great number.

donbenni
I hope Portugal looses. They shouldn't be in the final anyway.
Cry me a river.

"It's Beckham with the first penalty..."

"AND IT GOES OVER!!! MY OH MY PRETTYBOY BECKHAM HAS MESSED IT ALL UP AGAIN!"

Jealousy, the true mark of a champion.

I am confident we have what it takes to put down Greece, what with the 5 changes to the squad with Deco, Carvalho, Ronaldo, Valente, and Miguel all facing Greece for the first time as starters. The only problem will be Pauleta, he's still fatigued from the season, and this has taken a huge toll on his form, but I hope he shows us Portuguese, and even the foreigners that he is world class like we know he is.

Greece play boring-defensive football, and who knows, maybe their luck has just about run out.

Portugal have had to overcome some of the best teams in Europe to get where they are. Going through one of the best Holland squads since 1988(when they won this competition), an English squad which boasted the likes of Campbell(who stopped Ronaldo very well) and Rooney(who did well until he gained an injury), and a Spanish team... that was overhyped. Portugal have dramatically increased the level of performances since the Greek encounter last month. The players approach this game confident, but cautious.

PS: Good to see I'm not the only chop in the forum! :D

ExigeExcel
Holland played terrible last night. I think Holland will win, the home crowd will give them such a boost. I think there could have been a better final, but I bet the bookies are making loads.

40,000 people who won't be trying to start chaos in the Algarve anymore you mean. The final is sure to be booked solid, there are Greeks who came but are sure not to get any tickets.

I'm sure the tickets the English put on ebay (about 1,000 after they got eliminated) were all sold in time.

PS: Anyone thinking we can't win, go look at Maniche's goal against Holland, not that it'll prove anything at all, but what a ****ing shot!

Ah!
Eu bem que já precisava de uma ajudinha por estes lados... :lol: 👍

Anyway, I'm really afraid of this game.
You never know what the Greeks are up to.

DiabolicalMask
Ah!
Eu bem que já precisava de uma ajudinha por estes lados... :lol: 👍
lol! aonde em Portugal estas tu?

Can't wait to see another magical scene having our fans stretch from the training base in Alcochete to Da Luz.

This will be Rui Costa's last game for the Portuguese International Squad. :(

Aveiro-F1
lol! aonde em Portugal estas tu?

Can't wait to see another magical scene having our fans stretch from the training base in Alcochete to Da Luz.

This will be Rui Costa's last game for the Portuguese International Squad. :(
Ora em Coimbra, ora em Leiria. :)

And it's probably going to be the last game for Figo and Fernando Couto as well.

Latest Posts

Back