Euro 2008 non-qualification thread...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 290 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is we're missing 2 key midfielders, Hargreaves (who we know England need in midfield) and Joe Cole (who we know can provide the width and crosses needed). However the fact Steve seems to be turning into the ginger Sven is worrying, seriously...Wayne who? He needs to find form otherwise England are in even bigger trouble...I'd much rather see someone who can score beside Crouch..

Rooney is being played out of position, he's not a striker never has been. Why Steve plays him up front with Crouch is beyond me, he needs to be playing just behind the strikers with the freedom to move forwards when a move presents itself. So not only do you have Wayne having a dip in form but you;ve got him playing out of position as well. It's the same with Gerrard, hes not being played how he's best either. Let's move onto Frank Lampard, he's exceptional for Chelsea surrounded by a team of 20mil+ players, but when has he played well for England, honeslty when? Ditch him or at least havehim on the bench. Then you have Michael Carrick, he's not an exceptional player to start with, he's good but nothing special, on Saturday he's was stuck in the middle of the pitch, whenever he got the ball he was passing it right away without moving, again Steve has it wrong. Now I understand why this is, it's so that he leaves Gerrard and Lampard free to do what they want (in theory) but then you've got a player who's almost not present, I'd much rather Lampard be taken out of the squad for someone else and Carrick given the freedom to move with the ball, to take it forwards. We need Beckham back, I've always said people won't realise how good he was until he's gone, we'll our long passing and crossing without Beckham in the squad is frankly abysmal, Beckham can cross the ball better than any other player since Bobbly Charlton. Finaly I'll move onto Peter Crouch, Crouch generally only scores against talentless teams, he can't do much imo. I don't rate him at all myself and never have. He's got no skill at all, he's just tall. If he was 6'4 he'd be a nobody.

Ireland v Cyprus match was sooo embarassing :ouch: Granted our goalkeeper was all flappy and couldnt catch a ball for ****, but that doesnt cover the rest of the teams performance. Its not all Stan's fault, the players aren't excactly doing their job very well

Ireland v Czech Rep. finally something to smile about :) Great match, keeper was alot better, good keeper, good match overall. Should of won though :sly: Robbie Keane is really out of his prime now :scared:

Good times for my team these days. A 4:1 victory away in Slovakia. 15:0 points and 23:1 goals under Löw. The slowaks could only score because one player dived and they got a free kick. I still wonder why we have to play six games in a row away. At least this means we have many home games in the second half of the qualification.

Anyone watch the friendly against the Netherlands, what a dull game. England I think were the better side but that's not saying much becuse both teams were very poor.

Yep, both sides were poor. If it wasn't for our back four I think we would've lost by a fair bit. I think our midfield is our weak point - Carrick's a bit over-rated, and Gerrard isn't sticking in his position. He's played right mid for the last few games and has drifted off to the centre in all of them, and without the width we're nothing.

Carrick didn't do much, he is a decent player but yes he is over-rated. He's not that old though and hopefully his time at Man U will see him improve his game, Ferguson is pretty good at getting the best out of his players. Rooney made a lot of poor passes as well, his movement was good but his passing was well off the mark. I still haven't seen frank Lampard have a notably good game ofr England, ever I think. Yes we need width, a lot more width, that's something David Beckham is very good at giving a team, but McLaren want's his team and not neccisairily the best team he can pick. I mean how the hell does Stuart Downing ever get into the squad, and not David Beckham.

It's a bit
tumbleweed.gif
in here tonight.

Scotland won again though. :D

AS SCOT YOU SAY? MAKING JIBES ABOUT ENGLAND?
Who mentioned England? Its a European qualifications day, and yet there were no posts in the thread.

[rant]
I personally don't mind the English. Everyone I've met has been decent (and that even includes you :D ) but we never hear the end of the fact you won something once. What country gets another countries national football games live, as if they were their own? It didn't happen this time, but we've usually got to put up with Motty et al, going on about 1966, and "we" this, and "we" that, and then only getting highlights of our own game later on that night. The BBC need to realise they're the British Broadcasting Corporation, not the English Broadcasting Corporation. Its bound to grate.
[/rant]

And you might want to get your caps lock key fixed. It seems to be broken.

It's a bit
tumbleweed.gif
in here tonight.

Scotland won again though. :D
Well, not to rain on your parade but......

You're playing against us on the 28......I mean, I'm really sorry, I really am, don't take it heart but, we're winning JUST IN CASE! you didn't realize of course...

Ahhhh...
attachment.php
, the truth can hurt...:D

The words unispired and no risk came to mind watching that game. I said it when he was hired as the England manager and I still think it now, McLaren is a waste of time.

Well, not to rain on your parade but......
We'll see who needs an umbrella on Wednesday night.

We've got nothing to lose. You need to win. Should be an interesting game.

More bendy than a U-pipe going out of the crapper (of which England were in yesterday!).

Some goal!

It's not so much the players, theres some great players in the England squad. Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Ferdinand ect, they just arn't playing well together, the system McLaren uses doesn't work. And why he hasn't got Beckham in the squad is beyond me. In the last World cup, the majority of Englands goals were created with his involvment. He's not too far passed it to be playing, certainly not when the team has players like Andy Johnson in the squad, why I can't work out.

Sorry for posting this Serge, but this is a phenomenal goal.

:eek: Wow! They've been watching us... :P

Italy v Scotland should be a good game... I usually support the underdog, but this time I'm forced to support the group leaders... :D

It's not so much the players, theres some great players in the England squad.

The English team is probably the best team in the world on paper. With such players there is plenty room of improvement. It's either the system or McLaren himself.

BTW, will ENG vs GER be the first game in the new Wembley Arena? The U21 match does not count.

I CANNOT believe I won't be able to watch Italy's game tomorrow :grumpy:, fag ass ESPN ftl...👎

Well, it seems I'm gonna have to keep updated with the ol' minute by minute results on the UEFA web page :indiff:

ARGHHHH!!!!!1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back