***EURO GT500 Season 7** Winners - MSP_J-Town and Nissan Black Z RacingFinished 

• Thread starter nissman
  • 207 comments
Q: 6th
R: 2nd

Qualifying didn't begin too well with an off at Stirling's on the second flying lap, so from there on I was slightly cautious just to get a reasonable lap in which meant qualifying a disappointing sixth.

The race began without incident and I was struggling to get into a rhythm that would have good pace without risking going off and I have to admit, I started losing interest halfway through the first stint.

Then things started to look up running in 3rd and heading towards the lap 22 pit stop as the gap between Lozza and Tony started to close to around six seconds. Once the pit stops were out of the way I began getting into a rhythm and the gloves came off where I could get much closer to an ideal pace. Lozza conserving fuel, kindly moved over, but from there on it was too late to do anything about getting close to the leaders Tony and J-Town. Too much time wasted in the first stint, but I think I was lucky to have got second place in the end.

PS: Thank Niss for the lack of first corner incidents so far Lozza. Do you think heavy damage has anything to do with it?!

Yeah heavy damage definitely helps, also standard of driver is very high this season!

Not much testing going on for Mount Panorama this week... Strange as it's going to be a difficult one!
I will probably be going online in an hour or two if anyone wants to join!
I will post when the room is up..

I had no time to practice this week I will try to join you later on. I doubt I'll have time to do laps tomorrow so it will be hard for me to get a good result here with limited time to practice on this difficult track.

Race day!

Looking forward to the race tonight. Haven't done any proper racing at Mount Panorama yet. Going to be tough getting through that top section for 39 laps without damage.

Also happy to report the newly signed driver for Team Petronas is settling in very well! Expect a strong fight from our team today!

Final note for this track:

Practice entering the Pitlane. It's surprisingly technical :)

Rd.3 - Mount Panorama - 39 Laps
2014+-+1

8th - Sonic88
9th - GTRP_Mirial
10th - AndroR35
11th - Skengdigi

2014+-+2

Last edited:
It's a shame with had so many connections issues tonight. It seems the Bathurts track is buged..

I hope this doesn't put drivers off from future races. As we saw today you can gain and lose a lot of points at any race.

Congratz to JT for another great drive. Also great speed by the Lexus team with two cars on podium and a big come back to Euro GT500 by AyrtonSchumacher to come in 3rd!

I must also mention Sonic for getting pole and fastest lap, nice laps there!

Qiuck recap:

Q - Awful session, got damage and 10th place.

Race - 6th

Great start, I got to 7th by t2 and then after the big pile up with many cars involved I actually got up to 3rd in one lap! Checking the replay it looks Sonic cliped that barrier before the downhill straight by mistake so there will be no further action taken in this case.
This obviously changed the race for many drivers so and for me also with now in podium spot. But not for long as I crashed in the same corner as the big lap 1 crash so my race was over there. I was crusing after that and actually got two more spots till the end of the race.

Kind of happy this race is over and I dont think we'll be using it next season becouse it looks it doesn't really produce great GT500 racing.

See ya at Apricot.

Rd. 3 Bathurst Summary

J-Town takes the chequered flag ahead of Lozza, after a chaotic opening lap. Ayrton takes the final step on the podium in his return to Euro GT500.

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_9.jpg

This was the winning overtake, which happened on lap 35 of 39.

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_7.jpg

J-town and Lozza lucky to escape the carnage on lap 1. Which gave them a 50 second advantage over their nearest rival.

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_1.jpg

Sonic ran into the barrier on lap 1 which blocked the track, causing a pile up involving every car from 3rd place to the last place.

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_2.jpg

With only 7 cars finishing this race, Mount Panorama looks to be questionable for a place on the calendar next season...

Bathurst
Race Report

Qualy.
Result. 5th

Didn't get a good run in until the last lap and it was going to be good enough to at least scare 2nd and 3rd but qualy ended with me 25meters from the line so 5th it was.

Race. 3rd

As we lined up my first thought was, "Christ, we're all very close". The last year and a bit I've only been doing rolling starts and it all seemed a little cozy. Any way the plan was just to not run in to the back of anyone at the first turn. Mission accomplished but my safe line, tight on the inside, gave me the worlds ****est exit and was lucky not to be down even more places than 8th.

I had a good fight with Mirial going through sector 2 but lost that place as well. 9th. Then I came round the last turn before coming down the hill. The first thing I saw was a cloud of smoke in the middle of the track and Tony on the left, facing the wall. As the smoke cleared I saw a whole cluster **** of cars. I hit the breaks but couldn't get her stopped in time. I was also expecting a hit from behind and sure enough, bang. This spun me round facing the wall. A moments pause as I realised I can't hit the "back to the pits" button. I reversed and limped back to the pits, lol. At this point I think I was in 9th?

I came out of the pits 55secs behind the leader but didn't get disheartened as those in front could get damage just has handy. So I pushed and for the first stint always had someone just a few secs in front of me. Sure enough people began to fall and by my first planned stop I was in 4th following 3rd around until he pitted and short filled. This opened out the gap and gave me more space to push. Also he pitted on lap 12 so I knew third was in the bag at this point. Just 26 more laps to go without hitting the walls.

Job done and both drivers on the podium. Thank you and good night.

Great track.

Last edited:
As you probably noticed there is a change in the season calendar. As I got some complains that the Ascari track is not ideal for GT500 racing I decided to replace it with the new GT6 track RedBull Ring. I think this track is very suitable for GT500 cars with many chances to overtake so I think we'll have a great race here.

Just a quick note about a couple of things that changed in the latest update.

As most of you have probably noticed the physics have been changed, cars do feel slightly different to drive now and old setups which were made before the update will need a bit of tweaking.

Also, tyre wear seems to have been made quicker, so this is something that we will now need to think about when choosing our race strategies.

Just thought I would make sure people are aware of these changes, as you may want to do a bit of extra testing this week!

I will be testing some time this afternoon/evening if anyone wants to join. I'll post when the room is up...

Thanks for the heads up Lozz. I will probaly testing later tonight. Still didnt have a chance to test this week so I have a lot of catching up to do.

Some of the guys have better qualy pace than race pace while for me it seems to be the opposite.

So I was asking whats the trick .

I know turning up the engine is not possible but I thought I'd make a little joke of it all.

Some of the guys have better qualy pace than race pace while for me it seems to be the opposite.

I know turning up the engine is not possible but I thought I'd make a little joke of it all.
Ah sorry mate thought i'd missed a trick ................ *crawls back under rock*

It was the opposite for me. Fast in qualy although I was only 7th, closest Q session I ever saw I think with 14 drivers, very intense. But in the race I was struggling, after lap 7-8 my pace was bad. Probably because I didn't do a long run test before the race to see how the car behaves on this new tyre wear model.

Race was very fun yesterday, had a great fight with Kos and for the second time this season he passed me on the last lap!

Hoping for some better results at the following classic tracks but te competition is so sharp this season you never know whats going to happen.

Hi people online racers .my names Ben psn benjv85 .I am joing you for the last few races this seasons euro gt500. Hope to enjoy clean &fair races with you .
driving the nissan z gt500.. Manythanks B

Hi people online racers .my names Ben psn benjv85 .I am joing you for the last few races this seasons euro gt500. Hope to enjoy clean &fair races with you .
driving the nissan z gt500.. Manythanks B

Hello Ben welcome to Euro GT500!

I invited Ben after we meet online we had a nice race and he seemed fast and clean so I invited him to join us for the rest of the season as we have a spot free.

Ben will be joining Tony in team Xanavi Z.

Apricot Hill Results

Qualifying position: 3rd
Race finish position: 3rd

Qualifying report

Qualifying was a tense session for me. I messed up my first flying lap, so decided to just pit in straight away and try again on fresh tyres. After the stop I did a couple of flying laps achieving a 14.4, which was ok, but not my best. This left me with about 4 minutes 30 seconds remaining, so I had enough time to do an in-lap, out-lap and then one final flyer. I felt a lot of pressure on this lap, as I had dropped to around 7th or 8th place at this point, luckily I managed to stay composed and complete a personal best lap time of 1:14.004, enough to put me 3rd on the grid which I was very pleased with! Also amazed to see how close qualifying was, the top 8 cars covered by less than 0.4 seconds! Great stuff.

Race Report

The first few laps were spent attempting to stay with Tony and Jtown, I managed to get some quick laps in and make a small gap to JUJU who was in 4th place behind me, however after about 7 or 8 laps of aggresive driving my tyres were cooked, so I tried to settle down and make it to my pistop. Stopped on lap 14, and came out a little bit ahead of JUJU. So after the bad tyre wear in the first stint I tried to drive a bit more carefully in the middle of the race. Which was working well, until the flying sken appeared in my mirrors, closing me down at a crazy pace. At this point I didnt know how much fuel sken had on board, so my only choice was to defend as I didnt want to risk losing that podium spot. Thankfully in the final pitstops, sken had to take on more fuel than me, which gave me a nice amount of breathing space to bring the car home in 3rd place. Not sure I would have managed to hold him off for the rest of the race with the race pace that he had! Also heard JUJU had some bad luck in the race with fuel filling and a spin in final stint, shame for him, I think he may have challenged me for 3rd. But still a great race nonetheless!! Very pleased with the result, and looking forward to the next round! Spa always creates great races!! See you guys in testing.

Also welcome to our newest racer Ben! Hope you enjoy racing with us!

Last edited:
hi bro's. ı just learn your gt500 race's few days ago when lozza in the race lobby. see really fast drivers in room. after intrested and search you on the forum's. finally find. i want to learn u have any space for me. thanks

hi bro's. ı just learn your gt500 race's few days ago when lozza in the race lobby. see really fast drivers in room. after intrested and search you on the forum's. finally find. i want to learn u have any space for me. thanks

Hi Poli! Glad you managed to find us here :)

Sadly the final space has just been taken. But we have reserve spaces available. So if people can't race one week, or if someone retires from the series, then you can race. So let us know if you want to sign up as a reserve!

For anyone who doesn't know, this is a fast and clean racer who I did a lot of casual racing with in GT 5. Had some great races, and he has extremely good pace! So I told him to check in here. His PSN is Poliset. You may have raced with him before...

Pleased to see we are still getting a lot of new interest for this series! I think having so many quick drivers here and close race results is really drawing some attention.

Back