Eurobeat j-pop techno anyone?Music 

• Thread starter road kill
  • 52 comments
Eurobeat, eh?
Not bad. I remember this youtube
user, I think eurofish and some other
names he went by. Great eurobeat AMV's.

Indeed.

Eurofish01 I believe was his full name. Sadly is gone due to youtube suspending his account for copyright reasons I believe.

Well about Eurobeat. I have stopped checking out the eurobeat fad since most of the latest ones such as Eurobeat 210 thats coming out soon are tad horrible IMO.

But artists like Morris, Powerful T and Neo stand out very well in the Eurobeat scene. Maybe once Initial D 5th stage releases I'll be in the scene again...maybe...

Oh and yes RIP to Jun Seba AKA Nujabes

Last edited:
Here are my Faves (From the first 20 or so):

All of the Initial D songs
Teddy Boy-The Rhythm or the night
Aleph-Big Brother
The Big Brother-Aleph (really)
Frank Torpedo-Bang Bang
Aleph-Doctor
Marc B.-Everlasting love
F.C.F-Bad Desire (F.C.F remix)
The Big Brother-L.A Time
Antonella-Supersonic Level
Alphatowb-Japan Japan
Rick Wild-Animal Man (I.S.D Remix)

Last edited:
Oh and yes RIP to Jun Seba AKA Nujabes

OH ****. Are you serious?

How did he die way back in February and I'm just hearing about this now? Man, that really sucks. I'll have to go dig Modal Soul out of my closet.

OH ****. Are you serious?

How did he die way back in February and I'm just hearing about this now? Man, that really sucks. I'll have to go dig Modal Soul out of my closet.

Car Accident.

Well, I got that SEB Best of 2010 album. Despite the lack of good songs from the last couple of volumes, this two-disc album is pretty good. I'm about halfway through the King-Side disc. Queen-Side looks pretty good too. Looks like disc one is all the male artists and disc two is the females. Hence, king- and queen-side.

Well, I got that SEB Best of 2010 album. Despite the lack of good songs from the last couple of volumes, this two-disc album is pretty good. I'm about halfway through the King-Side disc. Queen-Side looks pretty good too. Looks like disc one is all the male artists and disc two is the females. Hence, king- and queen-side.

Where did you get it ?

A year went by and nothing interesting happened in the genre.

But I'm liking Alix. Whoever that is. Can't find any info on her.

lulz.

Ace is one of my favourites, he has a good voice. I have ~1Gb of SEB and J-Pop in my PS3 playlist, it gets me fired up when drifting or racing. :)

Super Ponybeat, anyone?

Yes, there are actually Eurobeat remixes of MLP tracks. Some of them have been around for a while now too.

I knew it wasn't too long before someone pulled that off!

Anyways, as far as J-Pop goes, I only know of this (curse you internet!!!) :

At first I thought "Oh, so this is like California Girls, but in Japanese, with more effects and without the phallic snakes chasing Katy Perry." Then I looked up the lyrics and was like:

WTF_reading.jpg

Reading back at the comments from 5 years ago I have to agree that most Eurobeat is cheesy and boring. But, I like about 1 out of every 20 tracks, enough that I play them almost daily.

I have to agree about Eurobeat, they can get so repetitive with the chorus and the lyrics but I guess its the synthesizers in the chorus that makes some of them so addicting.
Its been 6 years since I've been listening to this genre and I still listen to this particular kind of music just because on how catchy it really is.

Last edited:
If you haven't played the Touhou games yet: don't, because they suck.

The music rocks, though.

If you have played the Touhou games, you'll know what I mean - and this is why a Japanese publishing company named A-One Records has (over the past couple of years) put together a series of albums containing eurobeat remixes of the very best Touhou tracks: the Toho Eurobeat series.

And, as one would suspect, they're absolutely brilliant; some particularly outstanding tracks include:

And, a personal favourite of mine:

I still have a love/hate relationship with Eurobeat.

I hate the fact that the songs are repetitive and that I hate the sounds of most of them.
But on the ones that I do listen to, I love it because the beat and synths will make me get pumped up. Images and videos of racing fill my mind and my heart rate increases.

I really don't care if people bash it for what it is, boring music and such, but as long as I connect with that chorus riff I'm going to keep enjoying it.

I live for 1:25-1:40. :D

Olly Winters - Into the Nightfall

This is a brand new eurobeat track written and produced by myself, with vocals by the incredible Olly Winters! Expect many more tracks like this one in the not-too-distant future when I launch my independent eurobeat label, eXtatic Music, next year - but until then, here’s a freebie to tide you all over.

Enjoy! ^_^;

Your own label? That's awesome! Nice track too. Not crazy about the vocals, but at least they're better than the Italians. They've been putting out some terrible stuff lately.

Also, the track doesn't sound totally eurobeat. Seems like you used a different kick and a different song pattern.

Eurobeat is like a gold mine when it comes to perfect driving/racing music. Good to know there's others who feel the same way. 👍

Back