European Events

• Thread starter daan
  • 262 comments
This thread is put together to help members to achieve the goal of reaching the maximum A-spec points obtainable in European Events. Please feel free to contribute your findings too. 👍

If you would rather test your skills with stock cars then please visit hispeed’s [thread=62070]Stock car race comparison/challenge[/thread].
There’s some good information to be found there too.

Rules
Obtain as many points as you can for each race and see if you can make it to 100.000 or max 111.813 or anything in between those two values. Race as cleanly as possible. We don’t frown on blocking, wallriding or corner cutting; that, unfortunately, is needed in some races. Devices other than your PS2/3, a wheel or controller, and a GT4 disc are not allowed.
These rules do not apply to hispeed's Stock Car Race Comparison/Challenge thread.

Is there something special about A-spec points.
Yes and no, you don’t get a prize for 100.000 points nor do you get anything when you reach the maximum of 111.813 points. What you do get is a 👍 from other ‘200 point A spec nutters’ :sly: and the satisfaction of reaching 100.000 points or more. You also have the honour of adding your ‘home screen’ in the [thread=66549]100.000 Club[/thread]

Is it difficult to reach maximum?
To get to 100.000 is an achievement in itself, it’s the remaining 11.813 that are the real challenge. It’s just another way of having fun (and frustration) with GT4.
To get A-spec points you need to complete the whole race yourself. Handing over to Bob will not earn you any A-spec points. To achieve the maximum available A-spec points you’ll sometimes have to resort to dirty tactics, use a ‘gem’ car and or wear out the engine on certain cars.

Not all races will yield 200 points. If you are going to join the ranks of A-spec nutters please remember that Missions (34 x 250 points) and Family Cup (1x 200 points) should not be forgotten. Arcade points do not count towards the 111.813 goal.

Feel free to discuss (on occasion dirty) tactics, cars used and what settings were applied within the Series listed below.
A lot of races are fairly straightforward. Some races can be quite a challenge and if you are new to this part of the game all I can say is ‘hang in there’, you will eventually succeed. :scared: ;)

Things to consider when trying to go for max points.
Choice of lineup, added weight, tyre choice (on front set of wheels), power add ons and wing settings all have an impact on points.
More details can be found in Famine’s thread on this subject [thread=56502] Notes on Maximising A-Spec Points [/thread]

Wearing out your ride
It pays to run several (long) races with worn out cars. As you race you lose horsepower. Better to start a race with a car that wont do that anymore. Take hp loss out of the equation.
[post=2458971]List of cars[/post] and how to [post=2458971]wear[/post] out the car.

Tranny trick
If needed apply the following:
  1. Set the gears back to default.
  2. Set final all the way to the right (5.500 or so).
  3. After that move auto all the way to the right (e.g. 25) and then back to 1.
  4. Then adjust final to what you want (e.g. 3.200).
Do not touch the Auto slider again.

What else?
  1. Various [thread=83319]worthwhile lists[/thread] by D-N
  2. References to race reports for inspiration: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=139 (review the stickies)
  3. List of members with [post=2474747]100K points[/post].
* If you find any of the information useful, be sure to let the author know by giving them some +REP by clicking on the
check.gif

I would also suggest you start keeping records on your achievements NOW!. It will pay huge dividends later on as you get closer to your goal. You’ll want to know where you have not yet reached max points. Having to trawl through 500+ races to find out is no fun!
Fizio has an Excel spreadsheet that’s available for download. Visit post #2 in [thread=87600]Beginner & Professional Events[/thread]
Good luck!

AMG.

If you are contributing to this thread then mentioning the following details could very well help others.
Race Series, track name, Lineup used (list the cars 1-5) *
car used / tyres / power add ons / non power add ons + settings / aids / Weight etc. Tactics used to win the race.

* PAL =/= PAL. Line-ups in PAL games seem to differ. Whether this applies in all races is unknown. An example can be found [post=2669199]here[/post].

European Events
1. Pan Euro Championship 1000
2. British GT Series 1000
3. British Lightweight Series 600
4. Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft 1000
5. La Festa Italiana 600
6. Tous France Championnat 1000
7. Europe Classic Car League 1000
8. Euro Hot Hatch League 1000
9. 1000 miles ! 800
10. Schwarzwald Liga A 600
11. Schwarzwald Liga B 1000

Total A-spec points achievable in this series 9600.

Pan Euro Championship
Elise III R, S3, T2, RC Exhaust, nos
BMW M3, S2, NA2, nos

British GT Series
Esprit Turbo HC '87, S3, Turbo 1, RC exhaust, PP, EB
Jaguar XKR Coupe '99 (see post 66)

British Lightweight Series
Spitfire, S2, NA1, RC exhaust, nos
Elise 72, NA2

Deutsche Touring Car Meisterschaft
AMG 190E Evo II TourCar, R2, ballast, nos

La Festa Italiana
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA (see post #81)

Tous France Championnat
Megane 2.0 16v

European Classic Car League
All classic series are a challenge for 200 points. Lineups vary on your car choice and you may be confronted with a Rabbit and a Snail in the same lineup. :grumpy: Patience in finding the right lineup is key. Refer to Wild Cobra Z28 [thread=70995] A-Spec Point Data; Values, Races, and Modifications[/thread] for ‘tech’ information to determine which car / lineups may work for you. If you found one and you got the 200, share your lineup.
Nurb - Beetle (see post 33)
Fuji 80 - GSS N3 195ballast, lineup (pal) AR Guila SprtGTA1600,GinettaG4,Etype,300SL, ARGuilia Sprint Spec
Opera - GSS N3 200 ballast lineup 13 (pal) GinettaG4, E Type, AR Guila Sprt GTA, SL300, ARGuilia Sprint Spec
Suzuka - GSS N3 200 ballast lineup 13 (pal) GinettaG4, E Type, AR Guila Sprt GTA, SL300, ARGuilia Sprint Spec
Deep Forest - GSS N3 200 ballast lineup 13 (pal) GinettaG4, E Type, AR Guila Sprt GTA, SL300, ARGuilia Sprint Spec

Euro Hot Hatch League
BMW 120i, S2, ballast

1000 miles!
Nurburg - Nissan Skyline Coupe BLRA see posts 7 34 42 59
Opera - Nissan Skyline Coupe BLRA N1 + ballast (see post #12)
Azur - Nissan Skyline Coupe BLRA N1 + ballast PAL lineup 4 Izuzu(pit 28) Duetto karmann (25) S800, GSS(29 or 27)
Sarthe - Nissan Skyline Coupe BLRA see posts 7 31 34 40 58 and in the 'old' thread 1467

Schwarzwald Liga A
BMW 120i, S2, chip, W1 reduction, TR clutch, RC flywheel, aids 000.
BMW 2002 turbo '73, aids 000

Schwarzwald Liga B

Audi S4, S2, 40 ballast, nos, RC susp, TR clutch, RC flywheel, 000 (Tokyo)
Audi S4, N3, 20 ballast, nos, RC susp, TR clutch, RC flywheel, 000 (Suzuka)
BMW M3, S2, 150 ballast, nos, RC susp, TR clutch, RC flywheel, RC exhaust, 000 (Nurb)
SL600 '98, S2, 146 ballast, RC susp, TR clutch, RC flywheel, old oil, 000 (HSR)
BMW M Coupe (see post #67)

Last edited:
I used a bone stock '73 BMW 2002 turbo for all three Schwartzwald Liga A races. Since it's a car that would never have traction control devices installed, I set all to 0/0/0, as I prefer for most FR cars under 400hp.

Good close racing, but not terribly difficult.

Pan Euro Championship
Ruf 3400S, oil, S3, racing exhaust, chip, 6kg (S3/S2 at Nurburgring).

Plus all nopoint mods (fc tranny and suspension, triple clutch, etc).

British GT Championship: '97 TVR Cerbera Speed 6

Used a race tranny (no other powertrain mods) and oil change (no other power mods). Driving Aids set to 0/0/1, kept the standard S2 tires on, and added 150-200 kg of ballast (at +20), depending on the competition.

I did not win every race the first time around, while using no chassis refresh (it has an interesting, but predictable "floppy" handling). However, spending the additional credits for the refresh made the car a lot more stable in the long corners, as expected.

Competition the first time around had 3 different Lotus Esprits, the "Sport 350" spearheading the Esprit challenge by picking up 2 wins and 3 runner-up spots to my 3-2 score. The other cars were a Tamora and an Aston Martin Vantage which finished last each time. I usually needed the full 175-200 pounds of ballast to get the 200 points.

The second time around, there was no Sport 350, but an Aston Martin DB9 in place of it (or was it a Vanquish...can't remember, it was late), and managed to win all but one race. I braked too late for Fuji's first corner on lap 3 by avoiding the beachside parking meters and going right into the sand...

By needing to clean up that Fuji race once more, I restarted straight into that race alone. A Jaguar XJ220 scorched all of us finishing 5 seconds up on my best effort, so avoid a line-up with that supercar if you want to score 200 A-spec points with a Cerbera in this particular state of tune for this series.

1. Pan Euro Championship 1000
BMW M3 GTR - full tranny for Le Sarthe (sp) & Nurb'
racing tranny, Clutch, fly wheel, 200 lbs ballast
I actually beat all other 3 races with a Lotus Elise by a land slide, with the SLR in the line up, had to change to the M3, elise not enough top speed to keep up with other faster cars in Nurb' and Le Sarthe.

2. British GT Series 1000
Interceptor - full tranny, Racing clutch, flywheel, carbon shaft. NOS (optional, not really needed)

1,000 Miles!

'62 Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3)
no oil change
all 3 exhaust upgrades
both brake upgrades
NA3 upgrade, & racing chip
fc suspension
stage 2 turbo
fc trans., triple-plate clutch, racing flywheel, fc limited-slip, & carbon driveshaft
all tires except dirt, & snow
increase rigidity, & rigidity refresher plan as needed
for all 4 of these races, I put on the best parts & qualified.

I did not keep track of the info for Opera Paris, & Cote d' Azur. I don't recall having any problems with either one of them. I did, however use the same car. And each of these 2 races lineups, I raced against, were different from each other, and different from the lineups I used for Nurburgring, & Sarthe.

Nurburgring
sports exhaust
N1's front, & N3's rear
nitrous @ 100
ballast @ 90
final gear-4.072, auto-5
springs @ 10/10
ride height @ 125/125
bound @ 8/8
rebound @ 9/9
camber @ 1.5/2.5
toe @ 0/0
stab. @ 4/4
TCS & ASM front & rear @ 0
showing 96 hp @ parts change/settings menu
against this lineup:
'62 Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3)
'70 Mini Marcos GT
'65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600
'66 Honda S800
'68 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-I)
'65 Fiat 500 F

I used a lot of blocking of course, used the grass cut right before T3 on every lap. I pitted on lap 17, & switched to N3's. I came out about 8 seconds behing the Alfa, and just in front of the Marcos. I pitted again on lap 22 and took front tires only, dunno why, and came out about 5 seconds behind the Alfa, and way ahead of the Marcos. I ended up winning by 17 seconds or something like that, wasn't even really close. This car is actually pretty good on N1's, even when they were turning orange and red, still had decent grip.

Circuit de la Sarthe II
same setup as Nurburgring
same hp rating
same lineup

I pitted on lap 21, & changed to N3's. Of course, I blocked a ton, I used the grass-cut right before s/f line on every lap. Race got a lot easier after switching to the N3's, won by over 20 seconds.

French Championship for 200 points.

Used Renault 5 Turbo '80 with Racing Suspension, transmission set to 8, brakes etc + N2/N3 tyres with NOS at Opera Paris and Grand Valley Reverse without qualifying.
Doesn't need Renault V6 in line up.
Had to conserve NOS and block quite a bit. Good line at corners needed.
Haven't tried other tracks but I expect it's maneagable there too.
MERRY XMAS to all at GTPlanet. :) :)

nige

Jaguar S-Type R @ British GT Championship

FC Suspension, LSD, rollcage, Race-exhaust, Chip, Racing brakes. Stock weight, flywheel, clutch and tranny(for smooth shifting). No aids or NOS.

• Lotus Esprit V8 SE '98
  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
  • TVR Tamora '02
  • Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00
  • TVR T350C '03
  • Jaguar S-Type R '02
(Lineup 2. Quitted 1 to upgrade the suspension)

Grand Valley Speedway: Fun, close race. MOV +0.6 over TVR Tuscan because of spins and lack of track-knowledge.

Fuji Speedway '90s: Easy win because of chicane-cutting. I hate Fuji with a passion, so I cheat on it. MOV: Last T2 was about 16 seconds lead over Lotus Esprit V8 SE.

El Capitan: My favourite track in GT4, and the AI truly sucks there. This car excels on this type of track, since the grip, for a nearly-2-tonner, is amazing. So no qualifying... Easy-peasy. MOV +4.9 on Tamora.

Infineon Sportscar: Love the track... So again, no qualifying. Finally, a rolling-start (This car, with the quickshift tranny, doesn't like standing starts). Fun one, MOV of 2.5 over the T350C - again, the lead seems to change on every lap.

Midfield Raceway (Reverse): Dammit. Only 1/5 of this championship is a rolling start... Anyways, Midfield needs qualifying to get to know the track. Plus, it's got long straights which are to my disadvantage. They absolutely owned me in the straights, and the only reason I still won was because of a sweet run down the sweepers which re-gained my lead on lap 2, and the blocking. Bare, dirty win by 0.098 over the TVR Tamora, with the Esprit V8 SE close behind about to overtake both of us. W00t, 1000 points in the pocket! Also, the beautifull Jag E-Type, which perfectly fits the car used to win this comp :D
Now on 7978 points. Not much, but it's a start!

NOTES:
  • Thing I noticed, with this car, the tyres fry up really quick - you've got three laps, 2.5 of them on greens. The key is to get a good lead before the lightweight competition gains on you with the now-gree tyres. As soon as they do, you'll notice one car separates itself from the pack and starts either nabbing at the lead, or keeping it the same, while the rest stay behind.
  • You are the heaviest around, by quite a margin (Apart from the Aston Martin DB9 on Lineup 1, which is still 50KGs lighter), but you have the quickest shifting ever and torque in unimaginable amounts for this horsepower rating. Use this to your advantage when pushing other cars (Midfield), and beware of it when approaching a long corner (Inertia and torque/power-understeer).
  • Never, and I mean Never, start a lap with full throttle. The torque will make you spin for centuries - and the quickshift will keep it, even if you get as quick as you can to 4th.
  • Pushing in Midfield can be replaced by NOS, which is, IMO, more cheating than pushing. It's not needed anywhere even if you have no skill.
  • Leave tranny, clutch and flywheel stock, to keep the usefull quickshift. The thing doesn't get "off-power" for a bit, and you can shift as your heart desires. Note: I was wrong: Only the gearbox needs to be stock - clutch and shift should (I didn't notice a change) simply quicken up accelleration.

1,000 Miles!

'62 Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3)
no oil change
all 3 exhaust upgrades
both brake upgrades
NA3 upgrade, & racing chip
fc suspension
stage 2 turbo
fc trans., triple-plate clutch, racing flywheel, fc limited-slip, & carbon driveshaft
all tires except dirt, & snow
increase rigidity, & rigidity refresher plan as needed
for all 4 of these races, I put on the best parts & qualified.

I did not keep track of the info for Opera Paris, & Cote d' Azur. I don't recall having any problems with either one of them. I did, however use the same car. And each of these 2 races lineups, I raced against, were different from each other, and different from the lineups I used for Nurburgring, & Sarthe.

Nurburgring
sports exhaust
N1's front, & N3's rear
nitrous @ 100
ballast @ 90
final gear-4.072, auto-5
springs @ 10/10
ride height @ 125/125
bound @ 8/8
rebound @ 9/9
camber @ 1.5/2.5
toe @ 0/0
stab. @ 4/4
TCS & ASM front & rear @ 0
showing 96 hp @ parts change/settings menu
against this lineup:
'62 Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3)
'70 Mini Marcos GT
'65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600
'66 Honda S800
'68 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-I)
'65 Fiat 500 F

I used a lot of blocking of course, used the grass cut right before T3 on every lap. I pitted on lap 17, & switched to N3's. I came out about 8 seconds behing the Alfa, and just in front of the Marcos. I pitted again on lap 22 and took front tires only, dunno why, and came out about 5 seconds behind the Alfa, and way ahead of the Marcos. I ended up winning by 17 seconds or something like that, wasn't even really close. This car is actually pretty good on N1's, even when they were turning orange and red, still had decent grip.

Circuit de la Sarthe II
same setup as Nurburgring
same hp rating
same lineup

I pitted on lap 21, & changed to N3's. Of course, I blocked a ton, I used the grass-cut right before s/f line on every lap. Race got a lot easier after switching to the N3's, won by over 20 seconds.

no way am i going to buy a car worth 320,000cr just for this race

Was giving 1000! miles in EU another try for 200 pts.
Already claimed 132 previously.

I entered through championship so I was not sure if the weight I added to my Skyline BLRA was too much or not. With 150 units Nurb gave 200 points so I forfeited this race and went on to Opera. Removed 100 units and it still gave me a 200 pts race.

So I thought I'd give it a try and I had a real battle on my hands fending off both the Ginetta and the Alfa GSprint GTA 1600. By lap 24 I got clobbered good. They bumped in to me on the straight and I spun around. By that time didn't have much NOS left, I was relegated to place 4.
I was about to give up but decided to pit to switch from N1 to N3 to see if there was any chance of cathing up at all.

Around lap 35 or so I had a 35 sec lead over the Alfa. By the end of the race I was 1m10s ahead of the Alfa and lapped the Ginetta twice.

200 points now in the bag ! Nice 68 point increase. I think this lineup will do wonders on Azur as well.

Ginetta
AR GS GTA 1600
AR GSS
Honda S800
Silvia CSP311

aren't there anyother cars you could use?

Yes, anything that meets the requirements can be used. But cars/lineups for 200 pointers is similar to looking for a needle in a haystack.

AMG.

Yes, anything that meets the requirements can be used. But cars/lineups for 200 pointers is similar to looking for a needle in a haystack.

AMG.

It's an endless attempt to find the next Dodge RAM :P

That Skyline seems like one. Yet it looks so much better...

Should the "Classic Car Championship" have the same lineups? If so, they might be doable for me...

It's an endless attempt to find the next Dodge RAM :P

That Skyline seems like one. Yet it looks so much better...

Should the "Classic Car Championship" have the same lineups? If so, they might be doable for me...

The funny thing is that lineups are reproducable for many of the races if you reset your console. I found a good lineup as mentioned above for 1000 mls. I count my lineups very carefully. When I reset console and went back to the same lineup with the same car it had changed :grumpy: :grumpy:
It seems that all "Classics" have been programmed with a randomiser.
The one I found for EU 1000 I'll keep fro Azur as well to obtain the missing 68 points. However I forfeited Nurb, took my chances to reduce weight from 150 to 50 and lo behold was very lucky to still get offered 200 points in Opera race. I'll be running Azur with same lineup. After Azur comes Sarthe. I'll give Sarthe a try but I doubt I can hold the Alfa and the Ginetta off on the long Mulsanne straight for 35 laps.
I will need to run the Ginetta off the road a number of times and then only deal with the Alfa :scared: :scared:

Point is if you select Championship (if available) instead of running it as single races you keep 👍 same lineup. Problem then is ....you cannot play around with settings to get your car set up for 200 points. It's a real BIG PITA.

AMG.

Update: Lineups can be reproduced IF you use the same car to enter the race. This negates my statement above.

The funny thing is that lineups are reproducable for many of the races if you reset your console. I found a good lineup as mentioned above for 1000 mls. I count my lineups very carefully. When I reset console and went back to the same lineup with the same car it had changed :grumpy: :grumpy:
It seems that all "Classics" have been programmed with a randomiser.
The one I found for EU 1000 I'll keep fro Azur as well to obtain the missing 68 points. However I forfeited Nurb, took my chances to reduce weight from 150 to 50 and lo behold was very lucky to still get offered 200 points in Opera race. I'll be running Azur with same lineup. After Azur comes Sarthe. I'll give Sarthe a try but I doubt I can hold the Alfa and the Ginetta off on the long Mulsanne straight for 35 laps.
I will need to run the Ginetta off the road a number of times and then only deal with the Alfa :scared: :scared:

Point is if you select Championship (if available) instead of running it as single races you keep 👍 same lineup. Problem then is ....you cannot play around with settings to get your car set up for 200 points. It's a real BIG PITA.

AMG.

So basically, Euro Classics, Professional-hall Classics, and the Mille Miglia are all with the same cars, but the lineups seem random?

So basically, Euro Classics, Professional-hall Classics, and the Mille Miglia are all with the same cars, but the lineups seem random?

Prof Classics - Championship N/S tyres pre 1970 cars IB licence
EU classics - Championship N/S tyres pre 1971 cars IB license
EU 1000mls - Championship N/S tyres pre 1971 cars

So anything that fits those requirements from 2CV to AC Cobra or Fiat 500 will do.
As you may have noticed quite a number of posts in these threads list Lineup numbers to use. There's a consistency in those lineups. For the above three series there's no point in doing that.

E.g. you decide to use Fiat 500.
Lineup 1 will have cars A,B,C,D,E
L2 will have EDHJX
etc

then Reset console but keep fiat 500
L1 will have cars ERTYW
L2 may have LKDPG
L9999 might have ABCDE
etc

You think that you may have a chance for 200 pts with L2 (LKDPG) if you were to use the Skyline BLRA instead. So you select this car, reset console and hope that L2 has cars LKDPG, ahem no sir this time it will list QWERT.

Edit: the Ginetta can do it too (score 200) but I cant drive it. Sirberra used a '49 beetle. Check out the last couple of pages in the locked thread by Route.

AMG.

Was giving 1000! miles in EU another try for 200 pts.
Already claimed 132 previously.

I entered through championship so I was not sure if the weight I added to my Skyline BLRA was too much or not. With 150 units Nurb gave 200 points so I forfeited this race and went on to Opera. Removed 100 units and it still gave me a 200 pts race.

So I thought I'd give it a try and I had a real battle on my hands fending off both the Ginetta and the Alfa GSprint GTA 1600. By lap 24 I got clobbered good. They bumped in to me on the straight and I spun around. By that time didn't have much NOS left, I was relegated to place 4.
I was about to give up but decided to pit to switch from N1 to N3 to see if there was any chance of cathing up at all.

Around lap 35 or so I had a 35 sec lead over the Alfa. By the end of the race I was 1m10s ahead of the Alfa and lapped the Ginetta twice.

200 points now in the bag ! Nice 68 point increase. I think this lineup will do wonders on Azur as well.

Ginetta
AR GS GTA 1600
AR GSS
Honda S800
Silvia CSP311

Big Congrats AMG! :cheers:
You have bagged one of the toughest 200pt races in the game.

Thx Cobra !

Was giving 1000! miles in EU another try for 200 pts. ......and went on to Opera. Removed 100 units and it still gave me a 200 pts race. 200 points now in the bag ! Nice 68 point increase. I think this lineup will do wonders on Azur as well.
Ginetta
AR GS GTA 1600
AR GSS
Honda S800
Silvia CSP311

Hmmm, not so good Azur, actually it was a total disaster. I figured I might get away with a bit more weight removed and added a sports exhaust to go from 94 to a whopping 96 hp. Weight reduced to 30 units. Still on offer 200 points.
I qualified 1st and the Ginetta overtook me at the top of the uphill straight. I switched from N1/N2 to N2 all around (on lap 1) and played catchup and used up 40% of NOS. By lap 24 or so I was trailing by 1'40 and this was just increasing 1-2 secs per lap. :grumpy:

I switched to "Bob" mode to checkout the laptimes of the Ginetta and the Alfa. At peak they were running 2'13/2'15. I was, on a good lap, managing 2'18.
The Ginetta pitted around lap 34-36. My N2s needed replacement well before that time. Even the Alfa managed 30 laps.

Darn, I need lots more practice & better skills for Azure (grrrrrr).
;)

AMG.

Darn, I need lots more practice & better skills for Azure (grrrrrr).
;)
AMG.

I think your biggest problem is the lopsided field - the Ginetta can only be beaten when it crashes a lot (definitely at the Ring where it is completely useless and, by the sounds of it, at Opera Paris) - if it is relatively good at a course it can't be beaten.

You will need a lineup without the 2 weaklings (S800, Silvia) and probably without the GSS.

In case you dont have it here is a list of 1000 mile competitors and their aspec index:
Ginetta G4 938
Lotus Elan S1 937
Toyota 2000GT 936
Nissan Fairlady 2000 (SR311) 935
Nissan Skyline Hard Top 2000 GT-R (KPGC10) 918
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) 906
Mazda 110S (L10B) 895
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 891
Mitsubishi Galant GTO MR 872
Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R 871
Mazda 110S (L10A) 864
Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-B (S54A) 864
Isuzu 117 Coupe 861
Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Speciale 854
Mini Marcos GT 849
Nissan Silvia (CSP311) 815
Honda S800 761
Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) 745
Toyota Sports 800 715
VW Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) 684
VW Beetle 1100 Standard 607

I think your biggest problem is the lopsided field - the Ginetta can only be beaten when it crashes a lot (definitely at the Ring where it is completely useless and, by the sounds of it, at Opera Paris) - if it is relatively good at a course it can't be beaten.
VW Beetle 1100 Standard 607

Moloch, thx for pointing that out again! 👍
I have been using Cobra's data to give me an idea of the competition and I figured if I could win Opera comfortably then Azure would be ok too. "Me needs to find me another lineup":grumpy: . Darn, back to the drawing board....:)

Does that partial extract come from Cobra's posts or did someone else compile it? Reason: the numbers closely match his numbers ......
Perhaps I'm still interpreting his data incorrectly:ill:

Cobra's data & yours in brackets

1000!mls value = 865

Beetle = 604 (you list 607)
Nissan Silvia (CSP311) 812 (815)
Honda S800 761 (758)
Nissan Skyline 1500 Deluxe (S50D-1) 745 (742)
Toyota Sports 800 715 (712)
VW Karmann Ghia Coupe (Type-1) 684 (681)

Edit:
Race = 865
Stock Nissan BLRA (new) = 784 but fitted with N1 (from S2) => 784 x 0.928 = 728

Aspec potential is therefore (865 - 728) + 60 = 197
Add a bit of weight and you have yourself a 200 point BLRA.

AMG.

Yes, it is the same data but an earlier version I think. I put one of Wild_Cobra's into a spreadsheet to make it more usable and couldn't be bothered to do it all again when the updated version came out.

I have only used it to get a relative idea of the apec values in order to find find flat fields (lineups with similarly valued cars). For this the list is invaluable - I would say it is the singly most useful 200a-spec tool that there is.

BTW. my list above has at least one error - only one of the 110Ss is in this series (although both can be used). I did have a winable? 200 point lineup for the 1000 miles 'ring in a 110S - unfortunately my skills were not up to the task :(.

I put one of Wild_Cobra's into a spreadsheet to make it more usable and couldn't be bothered to do it all again when the updated version came out....
- I would say it is the singly most useful 200a-spec tool that there is.

Those lists together with some of the data compiled by Digital-Nitrate are indeed very very useful. I just need to figure out what most of DN's column headings mean.

AMG.

Have you tried mine or SirBerra's info???

The two races I have yet to get 200 for in the 1000 miles are Le Sarthe and Nurburgring. I haven't tried the S600 (I think I did once try the S800). It seems that there are many cars capable of winning 200 points but they all require a lot of blocking - something I am just not good enough at.

In my fourth or fifth attempt at the 'ring in my 110S I was in front after about 13 laps until one tiny mistake and my two main rivals got past - that was the end of that (although one of them was the Fairlady and given its pit schedule I am not sure I could have beaten it).

Le Sarthe seems even worse - harder to block (imo) and if the fast cars get away it is the end.

I think I gave the VW a go - great for the WCCS but not good enough for the 1000 miles - maybe next time I give this a go I will try the S600.

My last enduro attempt was the 9hr enduro - 5 hours in off goes the power - it has been hard to get motivated for another big race.

Have you tried mine or SirBerra's info???

yes, a fair while ago (or perhaps it was the S800) but probably against the wrong lineup.
The beetle I believe took some getting used to so I didnt pursue it too much.

The two races I have yet to get 200 for in the 1000 miles are Le Sarthe and Nurburgring. I haven't tried the S600 (I think I did once try the S800). It seems that there are many cars capable of winning 200 points but they all require a lot of blocking - something I am just not good enough at.

In my fourth or fifth attempt at the 'ring in my 110S I was in front after about 13 laps until one tiny mistake and my two main rivals got past - that was the end of that (although one of them was the Fairlady and given its pit schedule I am not sure I could have beaten it).

Le Sarthe seems even worse - harder to block (imo) and if the fast cars get away it is the end.

I think I gave the VW a go - great for the WCCS but not good enough for the 1000 miles - maybe next time I give this a go I will try the S600.

My last enduro attempt was the 9hr enduro - 5 hours in off goes the power - it has been hard to get motivated for another big race.
:ouch:

---
Found a nice even lineup for Azur.
Isuzu Coupe (858)
Alfa Duetto (844)
VW Karmann (681)
Honda S800 (758)
Alfa GSS (851)
Me in Nissan BLRA + 9000 mls, old oil (85 hp + 40 ballast) for 200, start on N1.
On first attempt I (I qualified) was mostly fending off the VW + Isuzu and on occasion the GSS. Going by the numbers I really didn't expect the VW to be in 2nd most of the time. My mistake was not to pit when the VW went in on lap 25. I thought I could get away with 1 stop. Soooooooo after 1.5 hrs the bugger kicks my butt => 🤬 :banghead: and a lot of other 'angry smilies' grrrr. Lesson learnt!

On 2nd attempt, again qualified, I used an additional 8 hp for 180 points. Again I had to fend of cars but this time around the GSS was more aggresive than the VW.
I wasn't sure :scared: :scared: whether to pit according to the VW (L25) in 3rd or the GSS in 2nd (L29) pitschedule. I opted for the GSS and he pitted 1 lap early. So I went in for N3s on the next lap (L29). I managed to get to 1st place again as the others were slower or still had to pit.
From then on the race became very much easier, No more NOS needed to stay in front and I even managed to lap all cars. The Isuzu was in 2nd the whole time and I increased the gap by 1-3 secs per lap. It felt like they'd given up or so. I did have better laptimes on N3s and on very few occasions I did a 2.13 but mostly 2.15-2.17. Pit on 29, 53 and 77.
Nos set to 35 & used 4 units up to 1st pitstop, after that no nos needed.

MoV after 99 laps.
1 lap + 1m15s over the Isuzu
1 lap + 1m20s over the GSS
1 lap + 1m53s over the VW
S800 2 laps
Duetto 2 laps

So I'm pretty confident I can do this again AND obtain the 20 missing points. I need to get to the 1st pit first though in 1st place!

In contrast to what I have mentioned in post 18 I have found that the lineups are repeatable for EU classic 1000mls if your car of choice remains the same. Fortunately the above lineup is #4 in PAL.

And as you confirm Moloch, I too suspected that Nurb and Sarthe are going to be really tough though. Too many long(ish) straights. :scared:

AMG.

For Le Sarth and Nurb I strongly recomend '62 Nissan Skyline Sport Coupe (BLRA-3) !!!

Le Sarth with Nissan is easy... And Nurb is easier than with S600...

Thx Fizio,
Do you remember the AI cars involved in both races, are they the same as mine for Azur of different?
All I see mentioned in you post are an Alfa (GTA ??) and the marcos.

AMG.

Back