European Time Group 4 Racing (ETG4R) Bathurst Monday 27th November 8:30pm GMT - SPACES

• Thread starter andrew1990
  • 447 comments
I should be online from about 7pm tonight uk time, I don’t think I’ve got anyone from here added but I’d still like to partake in the last race of the season if possible :)

I should be online from about 7pm tonight uk time, I don’t think I’ve got anyone from here added but I’d still like to partake in the last race of the season if possible :)

Choose a car and reply in here with your choice unless I've missed it. Add me on ajh_1990 if you haven't already done so. Again, I might have forgotten if you have already.

Choose a car and reply in here with your choice unless I've missed it. Add me on ajh_1990 if you haven't already done so. Again, I might have forgotten if you have already.
I was already signed up to run the Merc for the last race but couldn’t make it! I’ll add you now :D

Thank you very much to everyone who turned up and raced cleanly, fairly and in good spirit. Having a grid is what helps to make the series!

Points are attached and as you'll see, @BigJimmy trashed us all in the Audi. The BoP is messed up a bit but he'd have no doubt been at the front in anything he drove! He also took victory in the FF class, not to anyone's surprise.

Well done to @TheLordDobber for taking the FR title - decent, consistent results each week meant that he took over from JC right near the end.

@Nick_h took a convincing win in the MR/RR class - some good performances there.

I took the 4WD class win. Had @Mythaga been there for the first week it'd have certainly been a lot closer!

I'll let you digest the points and reflect on the season before I post about some of the proposed ideas for Season 2 tomorrow. A sneak peak looks at possibly multi-class racing, along with no FF or 4WD cars as options. But all shall be discussed and worked out for a new season in the New Year.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Attachments

• Results and Points GTP.xlsx
    18.3 KB · Views: 19
I’ll start!

2 classes, gr3 and gr4. Only rear wheel drive cars allowed.

Drivers enter as a team of 2, one in each class, using the same make (not model) of car, ideally in a shared livery/colour scheme.

Points awarded by driver in each class and combined for team points overall

I’d stick with current race format as it works well, but maybe add one rolling start to 1 standing start each week

I’ll start!

2 classes, gr3 and gr4. Only rear wheel drive cars allowed.

Drivers enter as a team of 2, one in each class, using the same make (not model) of car, ideally in a shared livery/colour scheme.

Points awarded by driver in each class and combined for team points overall

I’d stick with current race format as it works well, but maybe add one rolling start to 1 standing start each week
I am so behind this in every way. @Theaffliction what do you think lad? Bring DRR back in and score big?

Thanks ajh, as for season 2 i like the idea of gr3 and gr4 mixed grid with teams. I'd say to only ban FF cars till the BOP is balanced, upping the grid to 20 cars maybe and putting both starts to rolling start. Saying that long as i can have good battles im generally not really too fussed.

Thanks ajh, as for season 2 i like the idea of gr3 and gr4 mixed grid with teams. I'd say to only ban FF cars till the BOP is balanced, upping the grid to 20 cars maybe and putting both starts to rolling start. Saying that long as i can have good battles im generally not really too fussed.

I'd like 20 cars but lobbies are limited to 16 still. The rear wheel drive cars are generally more balanced on the whole, hence my preference for them. Rolling starts could be tested to see how we like them.

So, last race is done, it was a great championship!

On race one i was involved in some rubbing in turn one, not sure what happend, sorry to all involved if it was my fault. Bumped into @BigJimmy in the spoon, sorry for that, i waited for him to pass me again at the next straight.

Race 2 was pretty clean, nice battles with allaloneatron and bald_gye

Race 1 was a disappointment, congrats to the winners

That was me that punted you off at Spoon. You were on the brakes earlier that I expected. I was going to slow down but I was surrounded by the guys fighting for 2nd so didn't want to create an more issues so carried on.

I had some good laps fighting MW (sorry was a bit bashy at points), twiglet and JC in my Mitsubishi Snail.

I really enjoyed the championship. Thanks Andrew. I also like the idea of Mixed grids and a team of two.

That was me that punted you off at Spoon. You were on the brakes earlier that I expected. I was going to slow down but I was surrounded by the guys fighting for 2nd so didn't want to create an more issues so carried on.

I mean, it's lap 1, I had a number of cars in front of me... if I broke at the normal braking point I would have smashed into the OP, which would have then knocked him into someone else...

Back