Eurovision Song Contest 2013Music 

• Thread starter Robin
  • 70 comments
Such an austerity marred disappointingly understated Eurovision this year - in fact the only particularly "Eurovision" production was for the falsetto singing dark wizard of Romania.

I was surprised that Finland didn't do better but please to see the UK beating some of the bigger European nations for once, if only because of Bonnie Tyler.

Guys, you're supposed to judge the songs.

I doubt that's happened for at least the past 10 years. Eurovision is the kind of event I watch with my cousin because we're making fun of all the hilarious, dreadful, humiliating, awkward and miserable characters that show up or what's supposed to be a song.

Whoever is the funniest, most embarassing, most glamorous or the prettiest wins this contest.

This year was no disappointment. Romania gave us a great laugh, and we drooled a lot over Denmark and Ukraine. Norway was alright.

I know I wasn't being serious.

The countries almost always give the highest vote to their neighbours anyway.

I know I wasn't being serious.

The countries almost always give the highest vote to their neighbours anyway.

I never understood the point in this. I told my cousin how hilarious it would be after Holland gave Belgium 12 points, and it was Belgium's turn to hand out points, it'd be pretty funny if Belgium just went "NOPE" and gave Holland 1 point :dopey:

I thought the idea was to vote for Greece so they have to host next year and completely send their economy over the edge? Or maybe that was last year. I don't keep track of this and X factor and all the other garbage.

I thought the idea was to vote for Greece so they have to host next year and completely send their economy over the edge? Or maybe that was last year. I don't keep track of this and X factor and all the other garbage.

I guess they manipulated the votes once they realised people actually voted for Greece, and Greece doesn't have any money to host it. I was surprised they had the money to send a band in the first place!

There's a scandal about "stolen votes" in Azerbaijan. They say many people in Azerbaijan voted for Russia, but there was no single point given to Russia from Azerbaijan, while Russia has given them 12. That's weird. Azerbaijani ambassador blamed the contest on "stealing" votes for the Garipova's performance. However, even 12 points from Azerbaijan couldn't affect Russia's standing... Do you think it could be a technical issue? I think so...

P.S. I think Denmark's performance was great and it was worthy of winning. Also, Danish drummers... they remind me of somebody... Lars Ulrich of Metallica, I guess! :D

Technical? Possibly. No matter what, the EBU will figure out what happened, as they're looking into it.

About the next event - DR (the Danish Broadcasting Company) has yet to announce the host city. They're the only ones who knows where it'll be, so far. Though, there's three cities out in the media, at the moment: Copenhagen (Zealand), Herning (Central Jutland) and Aalborg (North Central Jutland). I personally hope for Herning as it's closest to me :D. - We'll all know for sure around the summer vacation (late June beginning of July).

Back