Everyone asks me

• Thread starter kart racer
  • 94 comments
The issue of having perfect traction at the start is that you have to battle with understeer for the next three laps. Might be okay in these sprint events, but I wonder what's going to happen once the races get longer and tyre wear is introduced? I certainly wouldn't want to be running around in a GTR with that much torque at the front wheels for too long.

There is a price to pay for everything in this game...

Thats why you could easily set it back to 30/70 with real time setup changes.

Thats why you could easily set it back to 30/70 with real time setup changes.
Exactly.
You can set it to any values within range at any given time, even during a turn if you can handle it.

With the 45/55 setting you only get a whiff of understeer when you step on the accelerator, otherwise it even feels a tad more planted than with standard distribution. And remember you do not only have an advantage at the start, but also at the hairpin and the final chicane. And what you gain on those exits may save you from being overtaken on the following straight, so this setting can have quite an impact on the outcome of the race.

LOL, didn't think of that.

*smackhead*

Is this a form of cheating then? Tuning on the fly?

The issue is people will say it's allowed in the game, therefore it's legal, but then the issue of wall surfing is frowned upon too and that's allowed in the game.

Which one is right?

I wouldn't go as far as consider it cheating, it's a feature of the game, it's there for people that can/want to use it.

But in my opinion, it creates an unfair advantage of the GT-R over the F430.
Plus, according to the best laptimes posted on the Settings & Tuning forum, the GT-R is overall a faster car than the F430.
The advantage of the F430 on the straights is more evident at slipstreaming than on pure straight speed, because the GT-R accelerates sooner and with better traction after the hairpin, Spoon and the chicane, diluting the F430's speed advantage, and making overtaking the GT-R a lot harder than it would be, if it's driven well.

Back