Excessive penalties

United States
United States
All of a sudden yesterday I started getting 10 second penalties for very light and insignificant contact. Does anyone have a possible explanation for this?
Thanks in advance
Jake

Nope because the game should now be (and is in my experience) handing out less of these than ever before, in anything it's too lenient now but it's a tricky thing to get right.

What's your connection like, or the other people who were involved in these collisions?

Connection is good the penalties seemed to be normal 1,2,and 3 second penalties. I am curious as to what the punishment for being reported? I had someone report me for passing them in a tight spot. No contact but the person said I pushed them out of a turn for the win. It really was sour grapes. Do you know what happens when you get reported?

Since yesterday's update I haven't received any harsh penalties. Even though I've rubbed paint in a few races today which used to get me 10 second penalties, I don't get them anymore which is a relief. I'll have to do a few more races to see if the penalty system has fully resolved itself which is highly unlikely. Anything like this in video games is always gonna have its merits and its weak points. Still, I'd rather have some form of penalty system rather than none at all, otherwise we might as well fire up Demolition Derby on Racedriver GRID and play that for the foreseeable future.

The 10 second penalties were frequent occurrences for me in yesterday's races but before the game went offline
I hadn't noticed any 10 second penalties today so there may have been issues with the new rules on the first day.

In general I found if you are hit hard from the side or lightly touch another car on the side it will still issue the 10 second penalty
so just be careful when overtaking and you should avoid them.

Yes OP, 10 second penalties are being handed out way to easy. Guy bumps into me on the racing line, I counter steer to avoid spinning out, I get a 10 sec penalty, he gets nothing. Wasnt even hard contact.
In other instances I see guys bumping into each other to overtake and spin the other guy out in front of ne getting no penalties at all.

The system is bugged.. or becoming terrible.

PS... the penalties for touching the wall... I mean, hit or miss. Theres been times whereI graze it and get 5 second penalties and others where I graze it harder and get no penalties.

Yes OP, 10 second penalties are being handed out way to easy. Guy bumps into me on the racing line, I counter steer to avoid spinning out, I get a 10 sec penalty, he gets nothing. Wasnt even hard contact.
In other instances I see guys bumping into each other to overtake and spin the other guy out in front of ne getting no penalties at all.

The system is bugged.. or becoming terrible.

PS... the penalties for touching the wall... I mean, hit or miss. Theres been times whereI graze it and get 5 second penalties and others where I graze it harder and get no penalties.

Back