Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. LordJCS

LordJCS

Just tinkered with your old NSX-R '02 seasonal tune at 450pp.. Worked like a charm at SSR5. managed a 0:59.847.. Gonna see if i can tweak it a bit.. It's kinda stiff and slidy in the rear..

A bit of tweaking and i'm down to 0:59.496.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
    Pete05 and Badger66 like this.
  2. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Works perfect at London with SS Tyres....Lap Times 0:55...0:56 :)

3. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

I make my warm up for overtaking at London and changed to Sierra Ferrari GTO trial but still failed. I tried it careful with no touch (Wall and AI) and as fast as i can with a few Penaltis but can't get enough Points....not easy

Pete05, Badger66 and LordJCS like this.
  4. LordJCS

LordJCS

You can do it!!!

Pete05, Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  5. LordJCS

LordJCS

I just flung around London with a detuned FT-1 Graphite and did low 55sec laps... It's a tad too slippery in the rear for my liking, but it's possible to win with it..

But....

My main weapon of choice for this London seasonal is a Toyota FT-86 concept '09 with my own tune.. I've been able to pull off mid 53sec laps in that thing...

Pete05, Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  6. shaunm80

shaunm80

Nice.. I don't actually own that car. It seemed a little pricey but is it worth it compared to other cars in that PP bracket?

Pete05, Badger66 and LordJCS like this.
  7. LordJCS

LordJCS

It sure is pricey.. I specificaly set out to tune it for this event.. I'm sure it can be tuned to work on other tracks as well.. Now that i think of it... I did use the same tune for the 500pp at motegi and dominated the race.. All i did for London was altering the final gear...

I can bring one of my NSX's down to a high 53sec lap at london if need be, so i'm not sure if the FT-86 Concept '09 is worth getting.. It's a fun car nontheless...

8. Badger66

Badger66

Firstly haven't touched tune settings at all....just de-tuned power to use on this seasonal...the tune is so good you can use it at different pp's while using the same tune settings...i'ts the same one i beat you with on apricot hill online the other day...it's so good and versatile....:tup:

Well done on getting 0.59.9...thats a cracking time...well done mate...:bowdown:

Blasphemy!!! I hope Praiano doesn't mind you Changing his tune.....Ha Ha....only joking...:lol:

Pete05 and LordJCS like this.
  9. Badger66

Badger66

I do use the A,B,C sheets but i have 3 cars with 9 different tunes for this now and as you guys have mentioned all with different pp's some with oil changes..rear wings and improved rigidity...so this way i can keep them all together without changing anything.....:cheers:

BenMillard, Pete05 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  10. LordJCS

LordJCS

Touché.:D

Pete05, shaunm80 and Badger66 like this.
  11. Badger66

Badger66

That's a wicked time. .053....well done will have to try this car....i think i have it...but dont know who's tune i have...:cheers:

12. LordJCS

LordJCS

I'll post my tune for it here if you'd like. It wont be for a while tho.. The missus shanghai'd the tv.. Darn piracy!!

13. Badger66

Badger66

Is this FT-1 Graphite the same as the normal FT-1...but with a different paint job...if so Shaun added 25% ballast to position 25...and it's a nice drive....if so we can just use that one it....:cheers:

Thanks mate that would be cool....but no rush...cheers...:tup:[/QUOTE]

14. Strudelicious

Strudelicious

Just wanted to say: your 550pp tune on the Ferrari 458 was a godsend. I registered just to let you know. This was the first intermediate challenge I've ever repeatedly failed on. The second attempt with your 458 got me the gold, requiring almost no finessing at all. Today also marks the first time I've ever completed an "expert" challenge, as well. This was accomplished on my second attempt with the VW GTI Roadster Vision QUITE easily. Both were relatively cold runs with low to moderate course familiarity and 2 days since I picked up sticks.

So for those having trouble on Intermediate: Use the 458 550pp tune, supplied. It is the answer, period. For those having trouble with Expert there are many options, but the GTI Roadster most DEFINITELY a very viable and fun option. The only thing really plaguing me is the new Ferrari GTO challenge... I kinda... don't wanna pay for the GTO...

15. Badger66

Badger66

Thanks mate.....But i will leave it like you tuned it and i just fitted it to have look and i see what you mean it sticks out to far and looks ugly....back to the semi...:tup:

Yes it would be a lovely car to own....i hope you win the lottery mate...if you do can i have one in Blu Mirabeau please...:cheers:

Pete05 likes this.
  16. shaunm80

shaunm80

No worries. Im glad you like the tune. It is a very good tune for most tracks as well as for the seasonal at London. What other cars do you like to drive in the game?

I would go for a Rosso Scuderia colour.. The Blu Mirabeau colour is really nice but its something about the Red Ferrari for me.

17. Badger66

Badger66

You have done an Excellent job of with this tune for Gold on the London 500pp SS Seasonal 18.09.14...its spot on mate...Well done...:bowdown:

Best lap so far...0.55.851

All Settings as 500pp Tune....:tup:

Personal Settings...

Downforce..213

Brakes F7 R8
    AS...Strong
    TC..1
    ASM..off
    ABS..1
    SRF..off
    CSS..7

20140919_211922-1.jpg

London_34.jpg

London_31.jpg

London_7.jpg

London_6.jpg

London_36.jpg
    :cheers:

:gtpflag:

Pete05 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  18. Badger66

Badger66

It's such a shame we can't Tune this car Shaun....I really like it..:cool:

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_11.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_7.jpg

Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit_8.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    shaunm80, Pete05 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  19. Badger66

Badger66

That FT-1 Vision GT Chris is very good for Gold on Grand Valley Seasonal...It does 1.50 constantly and 1.49's on a very good lap....thanks for the Heads up....cheers mate...:tup:

20. Badger66

Badger66

I know mate it really does look Awesome in Red...But i would like something a bit different for a change....but thats me....:cheers:

21. Badger66

Badger66

I knew this car and tune would get Gold on here and what an Awesome drive Shaun....thanks mate...love it...:cheers:

So Gold on London 500pp SS Non Racing Car Seasonal..18.09.14...For the RUF CTR2 '96...Wicked..:)

All Settings as tune...Except De-tuned to 500pp...Power 67.5%...All other Power Parts Standard...No added Ballast...You get...500pp...347Bhp..1.195kg weight.

Personal Settings...
    Brakes...F6 R7
    AS..Strong
    TC..1
    ASM...off
    ABS...1
    SRF..on...for the Fastest Lap times at the moment.
    CSS..7

I did 2 Races with this car and got Gold with both..
    ...the 1st with SRF on and got best lap so far.....0.55.355.
    ...the 2nd with SRF off and got best lap so far.....0.57.072.

Seeing i only did 2 races...Quicker lap times should be Achieved. :)

20140920_041751-1.jpg

London_12 (2).jpg

London_13 (2).jpg

London_5 (2).jpg

London_9 (2).jpg

London_17 (2).jpg

:cheers:

chrisspeed281 and Pete05 like this.
  22. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Take my advice & spend the money on the GTO. It's worth every cent.

Badger66 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  23. shaunm80

shaunm80

Your car at the end of the race looked like it had been in a destruction derby :) good win though.

The GTO '84 is a definite buy in GT6. It sounds amazing and I have a lovely tune for it which makes it a great drive.

Pete05, chrisspeed281 and Badger66 like this.
  24. Badger66

Badger66

Cheers mate and Ha Ha!! I did hit a couple of cars...:guilty: :)

The GTO '84 is a definite buy in GT6. It sounds amazing and I have a lovely tune for it which makes it a great drive.[/QUOTE]

Yes this car is the Dogs b:censored:s...and sounds awesome...:tup:

25. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

I was sure the GSX-R/4 will be fast and she was......Sport Soft Tyres and Final Gear to 4600 That's it for a 0:52 Lap Time at London :)

PHOTO_20140920_122554.jpg

Badger66, Pete05 and shaunm80 like this.
  26. shaunm80

shaunm80

Did i include a surfboard holder on the back of my tune? or is that your summer car for when you go down to the beach? I jest of course. What effect does that big addition have on the handling? better, or just for aesthetics?

Badger66, Pete05 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  27. shaunm80

shaunm80

Newly tuned cars.

Callaway C12 '03 (500PP SH and 550PP SS Versions)
    Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG '02 (500PP SS) - Not tuned for the London seasonal. The best Ive got is 2nd. Its a bit heavy for that track but really fast and grippy on other open tracks.
    I have a few more cars left to finalise before I publish them though. It will be a mass influx of tunes at some point again.

28. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Sorry Shaun but i would like a Rosso Scuderia is in front in Q3 at Singapore

Edit : Lewis did it, concrats :)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
    Badger66 likes this.
  29. shaunm80

shaunm80

You needn't say anymore. :) we in the U.K. Don't get the f1 till 5.10pm so I am avoiding f1 news right now.

30. Strudelicious

Strudelicious

I'll give it a run on a couple other 550 events to test it out. I usually run about 8-10 races every 2-3 days so I don't play that much. I know very little about automobiles and most of my racing experience comes from arcade racers like Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune. As a result I play this game very casually (driving line on) just to slowly educate myself about cars and professional racing outside of what is portrayed on film.

I started out liking all the JDM tuners, typical Lancer, RX-7 junky. My childhood fantasy cars were Lotus Elise's and Pagani Zonda's but when I picked up this game I found that I just didn't know how to deal with MR cars. Until I discovered your tunes I stuck to FR's (RX-7 and Z4 Coupe) and did no suspension or LSD tuning. I quickly picked up 4WD cars, and am starting to learn FF cars to teach myself proper race braking instead of typical FR buffoonery (throw the ass out, throttle, adjust for exit, FULL throttle when grip is reached). On a side note what is your highest PP tune for a Lotus (aside from the Evora)? I doubt 650PP is realistic, but my 600 and 550 brackets are missing a nice lotus!

So are so many other cars T-T I am not a fan of Ferrari's despite this gaming making me love them more and more. As a result it'd be a cool looking performance car to get but is not crucial as I lack the true love of automotive history many people in this scene have.