Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Care to take a guess which of the Stangs i went with?
I would hazard a guess at the Mustand Boss 302 '13 because its got better overall balance and weight distribution than the other two. Allows the driver to carry more speed through the exits. Thats what I've found at least from testing them all.

I would hazard a guess at the Mustand Boss 302 '13 because its got better overall balance and weight distribution than the other two. Allows the driver to carry more speed through the exits. Thats what I've found at least from testing them all.

You are correct!

I didnt see your name on the list for the Stang class of the FITT comp. Im assuming your going to be involved, have you let them know yet?

Haven't really decided yet.. If i can work out the kinks of the tune, then maybe i'll sign up as a tuner.. Gonna have a go later on today to tinker with it.

A slow start but the balance is there. Now to find some of that speed.
image.jpg

You've breached the 1:20's atleast..
Yes... only just. That was driving like a tsunami was chasing me around. LOTR is pretty good in this car, If i could do BLOR driving technique, I would find more time but I really dont know how to get the car to do that.. If anyone knows, let me know.

You've breached the 1:20's atleast..

Btw... Any alterations to the body such as bodykit and/or rear spoiler?
I think I added front aero kit but that was it. 550PP cars don't normally require rear wings (I made an exception with the F458 as it already had one installed). It takes PP away which can be used for Jeremy Clarksons favourite thing. Power!

Nope.. I went for a surgical strike weapon. A sniper rifle.. Precision is key here..
Well this is going to be interesting then.
Knowing that not every tester will be using MT & having driven all 3 options myself, I found the Boss had the biggest difference between it's peak power number & it's redline/up shift point. It just feels like the Boss isn't that interested in doing those last hundreds on the tachometer.
The GT500 on the other hand has no objections.
It's possible to make the '07 GT go well with a Supercharger but in my opinion, it's held back by it's narrow power & torque bands and doesn't have as much rubber on the track so will probably struggle.

Taking all this into account, a compliant front end that does what it's told with a rear that provides just the right amount of grip & rotation/rear-steer will be absolutely vital.

I think I added front aero kit but that was it. 550PP cars don't normally require rear wings (I made an exception with the F458 as it already had one installed). It takes PP away which can be used for Jeremy Clarksons favourite thing. Power!

More poooooooooweeeeeeerrr! and a decent sized hammer should do the trick..

I went with out any alterations on the exterior.. Did you notice any difference with the front aero installed?

More poooooooooweeeeeeerrr! and a decent sized hammer should do the trick..

I went with out any alterations on the exterior.. Did you notice any difference with the front aero installed?
I think it looks a little nicer and it does help with front end grip in my opinion. It doesn't actually add PP as far as i can tell which is a good thing.

I think it looks a little nicer and it does help with front end grip in my opinion. It doesn't actually add PP as far as i can tell which is a good thing.

Alright then.. I think i'll leave it off. I've got good enough grip in the front end tbh. In my case it comes down to finding the right ballance between weight and power.

Hi mate sounds like you and JCS are having fun with the Mustangs...👍..Happy Tuning..:)

By the way Shaun...How's the Focus coming on...:)

Are you doing your Fine Tuning on free run or Arcade mate....which is best...:cheers:
The tester do their testing on Single Player, Time Trial with grip level set to real in the track options so always fine tune your car in that section. My Focus is nearly as good as I can get it. I have a few things left to test on it to see if I can eek any more time out of it but I would say that the focus is 95% complete now.

The tester do their testing on Single Player, Time Trial with grip level set to real in the track options so always fine tune your car in that section. My Focus is nearly as good as I can get it. I have a few things left to test on it to see if I can eek any more time out of it but I would say that the focus is 95% complete now.

Cool thanks mate...i will be using time Time Trial from now on and i'ts better because it keeps all your times...not like free run where you have to keep saving them...cheers for the info...👍

That's good that your Focus is 95% complete...well done...:cheers:

Shaun... Something weird happened just now... I'm down to the mid 1:18's consistantly.. Not quite where i wanna be, but it's dropping down.. Might be able to squeeze some more out of it..

Just wanted to let you know..

:cheers:

Shaun... Something weird happened just now... I'm down to the mid 1:18's consistantly.. Not quite where i wanna be, but it's dropping down.. Might be able to squeeze some more out of it..

Just wanted to let you know..

Thats cool. I got down to 1.19.033 but my brain was starting to become lethargic so I am now watching Captain America 2. Nice time, Hopefully I can get another 0.2 of a second off my current best time and ill be more than happy with that. Most of the time, my tune is stable, its just on a few corners where it can slide out wide onto the dirt and spin me out. Ill work that one out though hopefully. if not, its back to safe and stable setup at 1.19.8s. These things usually pan out in the end.

Thats cool. I got down to 1.19.033 but my brain was starting to become lethargic so I am now watching Captain America 2. Nice time, Hopefully I can get another 0.2 of a second off my current best time and ill be more than happy with that. Most of the time, my tune is stable, its just on a few corners where it can slide out wide onto the dirt and spin me out. Ill work that one out though hopefully. if not, its back to safe and stable setup at 1.19.8s. These things usually pan out in the end.

Managed to hit a 1:18.365.. Now i'm "only" 6 tenths off from my Nissan VGT seasonal time @ Big willow.. which if i recall correctly was a 1:17.775.

I'm done for today.. Still sitting at 1:18.365.

All in all, it's been a good session. Car is running mid to high 1:18's without too much hassle.. So tomorrow is the day where the hunt for those elusive tenths begin.

I think mine is Nearly there too mate...just got a 1:02.860...I had a very good session today and i feel very happy with my Results...:cheers:

20140922_205644-1.jpg

FITT Ford Challenges

Tuned in accordance with FITT regulations as set out by MCH.

Ford Focus ST '13

450PP
269 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 53:47

Comfort Soft Tyres

FC Suspension

F/R
90/75
7.00/7.25
4/4
3/4
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.02

Racing Brake kit
5/6

Six Speed Transmission

FC LSD
6/8/18
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 99.7%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 42kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only. CSS set to 1.

Tuners notes. To set the transmission. Reset to default before applying transmission settings.

FordST13FITTImg1.jpg

FordST13FITTImg2.jpg

Last edited:
Back