Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
A nice surprise! Was a bit skeptical, but it turned out to be very pleasant to drive... Great tune!

Used Sports Medium. Another great surprise. The SM were great, very grippy and fun to drive... đź‘Ť

*Oil Change - Power Limiter 99.3%

This one left me thinking... How can a 1984 car be so nimble and responsive in throttle and steering?
If the previous 2 were nice surprises, this one... well you can inagine...

It was better in all, got the lead one lap earlier and left the Enzo 10 seconds behind at the end...

đź‘Ť Awesome tune!

PS: All the Ferrari's I was curious to try? DONE! :D

The GTO '84 is definitely a hidden gem.. It is surprisingly nimble and fast at that pp bracket.. That car never fails to bring a smile on my face.

Finally got around to trying the GTO '84. I forgot the one I had I painted black, oops! With a few minor tweaks I was able to pull of a few easy wins with your base tune. Not exactly a cat on carpet haha but was able to balance the rotation and lsd to pull off some pretty good lap times on a track that I'm not really comfortable with. Thanks for the tune and for reminding me that I already had one:cheers:
20141101_130823.jpg

A nice surprise! Was a bit skeptical, but it turned out to be very pleasant to drive... Great tune!

Used Sports Medium. Another great surprise. The SM were great, very grippy and fun to drive... đź‘Ť

*Oil Change - Power Limiter 99.3%

This one left me thinking... How can a 1984 car be so nimble and responsive in throttle and steering?
If the previous 2 were nice surprises, this one... well you can inagine...

It was better in all, got the lead one lap earlier and left the Enzo 10 seconds behind at the end...

đź‘Ť Awesome tune!

PS: All the Ferrari's I was curious to try? DONE! :D On to the 350 and 400PP cars...
Thanks for the tests. the Ferrari GTO '84 is a great car. Im glad you liked the Enzo too, that car was a handful in GT5 but it has been tamed quite a bit in GT6.

đź‘Ť Yeah, was skeptic because of it... :)

BTW, so many good things in 350/400PP class, don't even know when to start... :D So far, 14 cars/tunes picked...

At least at the weekend, I can play GT6 until I drop... :lol:
My current favourite is the Lotus Elise Type 72 '01. It is based off my FITT entry. Flows really nice through the bends, makes the seasonal effortless.

Have you looked into a Ferrari Dino? Fully upgraded with oil change is only 505pp, but managed a 2.15.XX at Ascari with no suspension changes, only fcs installed. This could be an amazing 500pp car at any track. We need your magic touch!

Have you looked into a Ferrari Dino? Fully upgraded with oil change is only 505pp, but managed a 2.15.XX at Ascari with no suspension changes, only fcs installed. This could be an amazing 500pp car at any track. We need your magic touch!
I can look into one but first I need to grind a few more credits. I just purchased a Pagani Huayra and a Zonda R '09 to work on. Will look into the Dino at 505PP on SS tyres this weekend hopefully.

On another note, That GTO '84 which everyone is talking about is such a wild ride. Hold on tight because that rear end is power sliding every corner but heading in the right direction at some speed. Gold in the first attempt in that car. I don't remember tuning it that slippery but I'm glad that I did! Fun tunes at Ascari indeed. :)

đź‘Ť TY, will give it a try...

EDIT: Shaun, so far 15 cars, maybe it's a bit too much to leave feedback?
No. leave as much feedback as you want to about any car.. I don't mind one bit. Infact, I love getting feedback on cars which I've created. Lets me know how these cars work for other people :)

Toyota Supra SZ-R '97

400PP
Comfort Soft Tyres

Weight 1350
Weight Dist 55:45

Tested on NB License | Freshman Cup (450PP) due to seasonal restrictions (lenght) - Winner! đź‘Ť

Did great against cars with 50PP more...

Audi TT Coupe 1.8T Quattro '00
400PP
193 BHP
Weight 1250kg
Weight Dist 52/48
Tyres Comfort Soft

Beginner Level CC Tuskuba Seasonal Winner! đź‘Ť

Easy win in CS, and the 4WD surely helps... But this tune has na issue:

The values on the FC Gearbox do not match

FC Trans
set final gear to 4200
set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.598
2nd 2.047
3rd 1.632
4th 1.349
5th 1.137
6th 0.996
Set final gear to 3500

In order to get a value near the 1st (2.598) with FG as 4.200, the mas speed must be 200km/h (124mph)

DSC_0010.JPG
So, did the event with default gearbox... :)

Tested on NB License | Freshman Cup (450PP) due to seasonal restrictions (lenght) - Winner! đź‘Ť

Did great against cars with 50PP more...

Beginner Level CC Tuskuba Seasonal Winner! đź‘Ť

Easy win in CS, and the 4WD surely helps... But this tune has na issue:

The values on the FC Gearbox do not match

In order to get a value near the 1st (2.598) with FG as 4.200, the mas speed must be 200km/h (124mph)

So, did the event with default gearbox... :)
If the gearbox is the only issue, that is easily solved. Ill update the original post. I didn't try the Audi TT but I can see why the 4wd would help on that track. Out of interest, what was your best lap time?

Length appears to be an issue with these Japanese power machines. The 400PP FTO I tuned up is too long too but it handles really well which is unfortunate.

If the gearbox is the only issue, that is easily solved. Ill update the original post

đź‘Ť TY!

I didn't try the Audi TT but I can see why the 4wd would help on that track. Out of interest, what was your best lap time?

In this case, I noticed that the 4WD was applying a bit of rotation, which helps do the tight corners faster... Did a 1:07:995 and 1:08:245 as fastest...

Length appears to be an issue with these Japanese power machines. The 400PP FTO I tuned up is too long too but it handles really well which is unfortunate.

The FTO was my 400PP choice...

Volkswagon Golf VI R '10

450PP
265 BHP
1275kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Sports Hard Tyres
DO NOT Change Oil
Inch Up: 1 Wheel

FC Sus

F/R
140/140
8.50/10.50
5/5
4/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/-0.02

Racing Brake Kit
6/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.463
2nd 1.933
3rd 1.511
4th 1.247
5th 1.062
6th 0.945
Set final gear to 3.700

FC LSD
10/12
12/16
16/22
Triple Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Prop Shaft
Torq-Dist Centre Diff

35:65

Power limiter set to 100%
all parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 51kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only

I like this car because it looks like the Golf I currently drive.

View attachment 120640

Wicked Gold tune for the Volkswagon Golf VI R '10 on the Special Stage Route 5...500pp..SS...Seasonal...30.10.14....Best Lap so far....1:34.609..đź‘Ť

All Settings as tune...Except...Power to 95.2%...Stage 3 Engine Tuning...Sports Computer...Racing Exhaust...Catalytic Converter Sports...Mid Range Turbo...All other power Parts Standard....You Get 500pp...377Bhp...1.275kg Weight.

Used Standard Transmission for now.

Personal Settings...

TC...1
ABS..1

All other Aids off.

CSS...1

Thanks Shaun i really love this car and tune...đź‘Ť

20141030_190334-1.jpg

:cheers:

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71

450PP
238 BHP
990kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Hard Tyres/Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change (If PP does not match once parts are installed, change oil. See notes)

FC Suspension
F/R
100/105
5.75/8.50
4/4
6/5
2/3
1.4/1.0
-0.04/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.952
2nd 2.245
3rd 1.784
4th 1.445
5th 1.191
Set final gear to 3.430

FC LSD
12/14/18
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 96.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - Set 72kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This tune was created on SH Tyres and is very good on this tyre compound. It requires some throttle control but it is very easy to drive with SH Tyres. Put a set of SS tyres and this car is even easier to drive and has oodles of grip available. Enjoy. I can't remember if I did an oil change when I brought this car back in December last year.. If the PP does not match what is mentioned in this post, try an oil change and that should fix it.

I will try and make a 480PP SS version of this car on SS tyres for the Expert Seasonal race.

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_1.jpg

Brands Hatch Indy Circuit_2.jpg

Last edited:
Wicked Gold tune for the Volkswagon Golf VI R '10 on the Special Stage Route 5...500pp..SS...Seasonal...30.10.14....Best Lap so far....1:34.609..đź‘Ť

All Settings as tune...Except...Power to 95.2%...Stage 3 Engine Tuning...Sports Computer...Racing Exhaust...Catalytic Converter Sports...Mid Range Turbo...All other power Parts Standard....You Get 500pp...377Bhp...1.275kg Weight.

Used Standard Transmission for now.

Personal Settings...

TC...1
ABS..1

All other Aids off.

CSS...1

Thanks Shaun i really love this car and tune...đź‘Ť

View attachment 248787
:cheers:
Its not a bad tune when you add all the power parts but I think I may retune this at the 500PP range as it could be a lot better on the seasonal race.

Edit: Current retune is going well. Best lap so far has been a 1.29.7xx but the lap times are tumbling. Opening lap was a 1.33.xxx. Positive direction all around :)

Last edited:
Volkswagon Golf I GTI '76

400PP
148 BHP
800kgs
Weight Dist 55:45

Comfort Soft Tyres

Beginner Level CC Seasonal Winner! đź‘Ť

Great to drive. The fact that is FF is barely noticed. The low RPM turbo gives it a nice little kick and makes it competitive... đź‘Ť

Well done! :)

Mini Cooper 1.3i '98

350PP
75 BHP
700kgs
Weight Dist 51:49

Comfort Medium Tyres

-50PP, I think the pic below says it all... đź‘Ť

Tsukuba Circuit.jpg

Toyota MR2 Spyder (6MT) '02

400PP
158 BHP
945kgs
Weight Dist 48:52

Comfort Soft Tyres

This little fellow sure packs a punch! Incredible fast and nimble for a 400PP car... Almost like it was "wearing" RHards... And that controlled rear sliding was fun! :) From all the tested so far, got the fastest lap!

Great tune and a really fun/reliable car... :)

EDIT:

Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
600PP
673 BHP
1190kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52
Sports Soft Tyres

Expert Level Ferrari Challenge Seasonal Winner! đź‘Ť

550PP Version Detuned, removed:
  • NO Aero parts
  • All power parts standard
  • Power Limiter - 87.6%
Did great! Super fast, huge grip and nimble. Another 10 seconds gap to the Enzo... đź‘Ť

Maybe it can be a great 550PP category car... :)

Last edited:

Great to drive. The fact that is FF is barely noticed. The low RPM turbo gives it a nice little kick and makes it competitive... đź‘Ť

Well done! :)

-50PP, I think the pic below says it all... đź‘Ť

This little fellow sure packs a punch! Incredible fast and nimble for a 400PP car... Almost like it was "wearing" RHards... And that controlled rear sliding was fun! :) From all the tested so far, got the fastest lap!

Great tune and a really fun/reliable car... :)

EDIT:

Expert Level Ferrari Challenge Seasonal Winner! đź‘Ť

550PP Version Detuned, removed:
  • NO Aero parts
  • All power parts standard
  • Power Limiter - 87.6%
Did great! Super fast, huge grip and nimble. Another 10 seconds gap to the Enzo... đź‘Ť

Maybe it can be a great 550PP category car... :)
Once I have some more credits and spare time, I shall build a none aero version of the Scuderia and see if I can't make that car amazing at 550PP. It sounds like it has the potential to be.

Excellent review. The gear box can be changed to suit the track you are driving. It just needs the final gear changing. I should say, the wing looks a little high, did you set the height to -10? I don't think that will affect the handling per se but personally, I preferred the custom rear wing a little lower. Thanks again for the review.
Excellent tune it eats Bathurst up. I went with final gear 3300 which gave me full chat down the back straight. It will even take the right hand hump maxed out and brakes downhill which is the acid test on this track. And the lumpy bits, and the elevation changes. Loved it.

This one goes in the fun pile!

Thanks

Once I have some more credits and spare time, I shall build a none aero version of the Scuderia and see if I can't make that car amazing at 550PP. It sounds like it has the potential to be.

Sounds like a great idea.. I'm gonna fire up my ps3 and grind some credits.. Hope that our online racing sessions can resume soon.. It's been a while tbh.

Sounds like a great idea.. I'm gonna fire up my ps3 and grind some credits.. Hope that our online racing sessions can resume soon.. It's been a while tbh.
It has been a while since an online race. Once my uni work gets a little easier and chris is back home, well try and set something up.

Excellent tune it eats Bathurst up. I went with final gear 3300 which gave me full chat down the back straight. It will even take the right hand hump maxed out and brakes downhill which is the acid test on this track. And the lumpy bits, and the elevation changes. Loved it.

This one goes in the fun pile!

Thanks
I think I know which car you are talking about, One of the GT3 creations. It is a very nice car, handles most tracks really well from what others have said. Definitely a fun car to drive.

This is what I miss from GT5, the trading... :grumpy: I wish I could give you guys some mine , credits are not a problem for me... In Shaun's case, I would just send him the car...

Enough chat for me, back to testing 350/400PP cars... :P

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71

450PP
238 BHP
990kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Hard Tyres/Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change (If PP does not match once parts are installed, change oil. See notes)

FC Suspension
F/R
100/105
5.75/8.50
4/4
6/5
2/3
1.4/1.0
-0.04/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.952
2nd 2.245
3rd 1.784
4th 1.445
5th 1.191
Set final gear to 3.430

FC LSD
12/14/18
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 96.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - Set 72kgs to Position -50

This tune was created on SH Tyres and is very good on this tyre compound. It requires some throttle control but it is very easy to drive with SH Tyres. Put a set of SS tyres and this car is even easier to drive and has oodles of grip available. Enjoy. I can't remember if I did an oil change when I brought this car back in December last year.. If the PP does not match what is mentioned in this post, try an oil change and that should fix it.

I will try and make a 480PP SS version of this car on SS tyres for the Expert Seasonal race.

Images to be uploaded later.
Can't wait to try this later. I slapped a tune on it that was a very similar slidey feeling as the GTO. Thanks for giving this little guy a shot. I'm sure it will be well executed as always. Can't wait for the pics

Can't wait to try this later. I slapped a tune on it that was a very similar slidey feeling as the GTO. Thanks for giving this little guy a shot. I'm sure it will be well executed as always. Can't wait for the pics
No worries, I had another tune on this car until I today. It feels more me now that i've done a tune for it. This tune should be good for the night seasonal with SS tyres. Pics uploaded now too. Glorious machine.

Edit: Dino 246 GT a success on the night seasonal. Had to block the LFA on the long straight but got the win by 0.082 of a second. :)

Last edited:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07

550PP
471 BHP
1200 kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension
F/R
80/90
11.75/16.25
4/4
5/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.04

Racing Braking Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.041
2nd 2.322
3rd 1.843
4th 1.501
5th 1.264
6th 1.097
Set final gear to 3.490
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
8/10/12
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 93.7%
All power parts as standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 85kgs to Position -50

This car is a gold tune for the Ferrari Ascari Seasonal. Very nice car. :)

Ascari Full Track.jpg

Ascari Full Track_1.jpg

Ascari Full Track_2.jpg

Last edited:
Its not a bad tune when you add all the power parts but I think I may retune this at the 500PP range as it could be a lot better on the seasonal race.

Edit: Current retune is going well. Best lap so far has been a 1.29.7xx but the lap times are tumbling. Opening lap was a 1.33.xxx. Positive direction all around :)

Nice one...looking forward to giving the 500pp tune a go when you have finished it...cheers mate.....

A 1:29...is a really good time...đź‘Ť

Back