Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
So do I! :scared:

EDIT:

Sports Soft:

Racing Hard (for curiosity):

View attachment 255349 Those were hard races!! :crazy: Impossible to catch the rabbit, but the car is extreme competitive for only 500PP...

All clean races, ABS1 and extra acceler. caution (oversteer)... :P

My curiosity is completed, now I know why this car is rated as racer... If normal would kill all the competition...

👍
I guess that means the car works pretty good then. 2nd is very good indeed. I felt RH tyres were a bit much for 500PP on this car but they obviously help out a lot. Nice attempt, At least this car will stand a chance when it goes up against lower PP race cars in the future.

Last edited:
Ferrari 250 GTO CN3729GT '62

500PP
340 BHP
850kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Hard Tyres - Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
110/125
13.00/8.00
7/6
5/6
4/4
1.5/3.5
-0.50/1.00

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.360
2nd 2.552
3rd 1.976
4th 1.596
5th 1.356
Set final gear to 3.120
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
10/12/14
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - Set 32kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only

It took a while to get to a stage where I was happy to publish this car. It isn't absolutely perfect but it is a lot better than stock. I hope you all enjoy it :)

View attachment 254942
View attachment 254938
View attachment 254939
View attachment 254940
View attachment 254941
I tried it out at Silverstone with RH tyres and get 5th place...not bad for 500PP :) Best Lap 2:04

I guess that means the car works pretty good then.

Yes. At 500PP my guess it's probably one of best. Being the camber and toe not avaliable, you did a great job on getting the car as stable as possible. As long the corner exiting acceleration is applied the car does what is asked.

I felt RH tyres were a bit much for 500PP on this car but they obviously help out a lot on this car. .

It may be considered an option, but for decent grip, SS will do the job.

Nice attempt, At least this car will stand a chance when it goes up against lower PP race cars in the future.

👍 My guess is at max of 550PP it will get the job done!

BMW Vision Gran Turismo

612PP
541 BHP
1180kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

FC Suspension
F/R
60/60
20.00/19.00
7/8
5/7
3/4
0.0/0.0
-0.12/0.08

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

Standard Transmission

FC LSD
8/12/5

Power limiter to set 100.0%

Downforce
F/R
400/900
Ballast - Set 0kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 156444
I look forward to trying this detuned to 600pp at Silverstone. I bought it a few weeks ago and haven't done anything with it yet:dunce:. I hope its competitive against the Toyota :scared:

Shaun,

Thank you so much for the Ferrari GTO tune.👍👍👍👍👍 It now will actually go around any track and stay on the pavement.:lol: Excellent for a very good base tune.:bowdown: I may tweak it just a little but not much. So again thank you very, very much!

Wall of text imminent!!

Oh boy..

I've been busy testing out tunes for the latest batch of seasonals. The one i found to be of most interest was the 600pp Racecar event.

Had a whole heap of racers tuned to 600pp since out excursion on the "green hell". I'm sure most of you remember that event.

First car i decided to take for a spin was the Stealth GT-R GT500. As i suspected. Easy win.
So after the initial win i took out the Honda HSV-010 Base model '12 and flew by the opponents.
Did a couple of more runs in other Honda's(nsx base model and Stealth model) and won pretty easy. One of which has 570pp and yet i still won, no there were no ts030 in that particular race unfortunately, doesn't feel the same with out that car as a rabbit.

After driving mostly japanese cars and raking in the credits like a mad man i decided it was time for some fine German engineering. Hopped into my BMW V12 LMR and entered the event. Finally i get to throw down against the dreaded TS030. Took the lead halfway through the 4th lap and never looked back. That was the only BMW i drove here.

Found an Audi R18 TDi Prototype in the dark corners of the garage that looked a bit sad after not having been out on track for what seems like ages ago. Dusted her off and treated her to some new bodily fluids and set off.

Sailed on to victory with out a hitch. She's unable to spin the rear rubber with the settings i have on her. The cornering is made easy with boat loads of grip.

Did about 5-6 races with her and then switched over to another Audi. This time it fell upon the R8 GT3 to get the job done. Or so i thought. That car is an absolute loon! Tried to bite my head off at more times than i'm comfortable with.

Spotted another car, also in the dark regions of my garage. The Pug 908 HDi base model. Fired her up and took to the track. After winning multiple times i wondered why i've not driven it for ages. I figured it out by looking at the replay.

The base model differs from the factory team and Oreca versions in more ways than one. The base model's position lights don't light up as they do on the other versions. I find that wierd because the R18 prototype has functional position lights. Why not the base model Pug 908?! I know it's crazy to disregard from a good handling car just for that reason that some of the lights don't work. But i say, if'they're on the car, they better be functional.

Then i decided to take the Pescarolo C60 Hybride for a spin. No words needed to explain what happened. It's a Pescarolo, what did you expect to happen?! :sly:

After i was done with the "French revolution" i decided it was time for some good 'ol Americana.

Corvette C6 Z06 ZR1 LM racecar was the first one on the list. By Satan's closet organizer is it fast! And grippy. Had a blast throwing that thing around the track.

Ford GT LM SPEC II Test car caught my eye. Looked at the tuning sheet and decided to leave that one alone. I went and bought another one and tuned it to the same sheet as the one i left alone and then took her down to 600pp.

Winning with this car is easy as pie.

Last car i took out was the FT-1 VGT. Wanted to give myself a challenge. Slapped on some weight and reduced power to meet the 600pp limit. It went pretty much as i suspected. The darn thing kept me busy with it's shenanigans. Understeer, more understeer and oh, did i mention understeer?

I got close tho.. 2nd place is my best reslult with that FT-1 VGT. Gonna have another go with it tomorrow.

All in all a good chunk of credits earned today.

:cheers:

Wall of text imminent!!

Oh boy..

I've been busy testing out tunes for the latest batch of seasonals. The one i found to be of most interest was the 600pp Racecar event.

Had a whole heap of racers tuned to 600pp since out excursion on the "green hell". I'm sure most of you remember that event.

First car i decided to take for a spin was the Stealth GT-R GT500. As i suspected. Easy win.
So after the initial win i took out the Honda HSV-010 Base model '12 and flew by the opponents.
Did a couple of more runs in other Honda's(nsx base model and Stealth model) and won pretty easy. One of which has 570pp and yet i still won, no there were no ts030 in that particular race unfortunately, doesn't feel the same with out that car as a rabbit.

After driving mostly japanese cars and raking in the credits like a mad man i decided it was time for some fine German engineering. Hopped into my BMW V12 LMR and entered the event. Finally i get to throw down against the dreaded TS030. Took the lead halfway through the 4th lap and never looked back. That was the only BMW i drove here.

Found an Audi R18 TDi Prototype in the dark corners of the garage that looked a bit sad after not having been out on track for what seems like ages ago. Dusted her off and treated her to some new bodily fluids and set off.

Sailed on to victory with out a hitch. She's unable to spin the rear rubber with the settings i have on her. The cornering is made easy with boat loads of grip.

Did about 5-6 races with her and then switched over to another Audi. This time it fell upon the R8 GT3 to get the job done. Or so i thought. That car is an absolute loon! Tried to bite my head off at more times than i'm comfortable with.

Spotted another car, also in the dark regions of my garage. The Pug 908 HDi base model. Fired her up and took to the track. After winning multiple times i wondered why i've not driven it for ages. I figured it out by looking at the replay.

The base model differs from the factory team and Oreca versions in more ways than one. The base model's position lights don't light up as they do on the other versions. I find that wierd because the R18 prototype has functional position lights. Why not the base model Pug 908?! I know it's crazy to disregard from a good handling car just for that reason that some of the lights don't work. But i say, if'they're on the car, they better be functional.

Then i decided to take the Pescarolo C60 Hybride for a spin. No words needed to explain what happened. It's a Pescarolo, what did you expect to happen?! :sly:

After i was done with the "French revolution" i decided it was time for some good 'ol Americana.

Corvette C6 Z06 ZR1 LM racecar was the first one on the list. By Satan's closet organizer is it fast! And grippy. Had a blast throwing that thing around the track.

Ford GT LM SPEC II Test car caught my eye. Looked at the tuning sheet and decided to leave that one alone. I went and bought another one and tuned it to the same sheet as the one i left alone and then took her down to 600pp.

Winning with this car is easy as pie.

Last car i took out was the FT-1 VGT. Wanted to give myself a challenge. Slapped on some weight and reduced power to meet the 600pp limit. It went pretty much as i suspected. The darn thing kept me busy with it's shenanigans. Understeer, more understeer and oh, did i mention understeer?

I got close tho.. 2nd place is my best reslult with that FT-1 VGT. Gonna have another go with it tomorrow.

All in all a good chunk of credits earned today.

Thanks for the wall of text. :) Sounds like you've had fun today at Silverstone! Out of interest, which of these numerous tunes came from my garage? I hazard a guess that the Stealth Models are mine but are any of the HSV tunes and Audis from my collection?

Thanks for the wall of text. :) Sounds like you've had fun today at Silverstone! Out of interest, which of these numerous tunes came from my garage? I hazard a guess that the Stealth Models are mine but are any of the HSV tunes and Audis from my collection?

You are correct. The Stealth versions are both your creations, so is the HSV.

I forgot to mention it but i did use your TS030 setup as well.

You are correct. The Stealth versions are both your creations, so is the HSV.

I forgot to mention it but i did use your TS030 setup as well.

Thats okay, I already had the TS030 on the list. :) Can you check I have listed the cars down correctly which you used for the challenge. I added the other stealth cars to the list as I know that they will get gold easily.

Thats okay, I already had the TS030 on the list. :) Can you check I have listed the cars down correctly which you used for the challenge. I added the other stealth cars to the list as I know that they will get gold easily.

Seems to be in order from what i can tell.

BMW M3 GT2 Base Model '11

600PP
567 BHP
1245kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
60/65
22.25/23.25
6/7
5/8
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.12/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.370
2nd 2.613
3rd 2.071
4th 1.694
5th 1.430
6th 1.254
Set final gear to 2.710

FC LSD
10/12/22

Set power limiter to 91.4%
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
400/625

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 209614
View attachment 209615

I'm definitely gonna give this one a go tomorrow..

Greetings-
First GTPlanet post.

Wanted to mention you guys are GREAT. I've learned quite a bit reading all your advice and trying the different tunes over the last several months.:bowdown:

In response to shuanm80's request, I'm posting to let you know I used the Exeter Garage tune for the Volkswagon GTI Roadster Vision to earn Gold on this week's Race Car Challenge Seasonal at Silverstone. The XJ220 was the rabbit, my fastest lap time was 2:03.583. With the Viper rabbit I did a 2:01.205 lap, but that was only good enough for bronze.

@shuanm80, Thank you for your work, sir!

I'm definitely gonna give this one a go tomorrow..
Let me know how it goes. The Beemers are sweet rides in GT6. :)

Greetings-
First GTPlanet post.

Wanted to mention you guys are GREAT. I've learned quite a bit reading all your advice and trying the different tunes over the last several months.:bowdown:

In response to shuanm80's request, I'm posting to let you know I used the Exeter Garage tune for the Volkswagon GTI Roadster Vision to earn Gold on this week's Race Car Challenge Seasonal at Silverstone. The XJ220 was the rabbit, my fastest lap time was 2:03.583. With the Viper rabbit I did a 2:01.205 lap, but that was only good enough for bronze.

@shuanm80, Thank you for your work, sir!
Excellent win in a unconventional car. The Vision GT cars are proving to be quite effective as race cars in some of the recent seasonal events. 2.03.583 is a good lap time for the GTI Roadster.

Abarth 500 '09
400 PP | 160 BHP | 970 kg | Weight Distribution 56:44 | Sports Hard Tyres

Suzuka Circuit East Course.jpg

Beginners Non-Racing Car Challenge | Suzuka Circuit East Course | 450 PP Max | SH Max
Winner

Let me know how it goes. The Beemers are sweet rides in GT6. :).

Well.. It's capable of dropping below the 2min mark on the track. Winning with it depends on the lineup of opponents.

I'm currently trying my hands at a couple of touring/race cars. To be more specific, the R32,R33 and R34 touring cars.(can be found at page 20)

Gonna have a go in the mobile flame thrower, the Challenger Touring car.(page 20)

Audi R8 LMS ultra '12

596PP
554 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distibution 47:53

Racing Soft Tyres

Tested on Racing Hards:

Expert Level RC Silverstone GP Seasonal Winner! 👎 (4th try)

Don't get fooled by the win.

This car (NOT TUNE) is a major dissapointement! At 600PP is simply not competitive enough. In order to win the race against an average rabbit, had to remove the areo:
  • Default aero (300/550)
This made the car faster on straight, but needed much more throttle management in cornering...

Maybe a turbo would make this car different, but being a Audi racer it's poorly reproduced in the game.

So, my congrats to Shaun for a great tune in a car that doesn't deserve it... :(

Next, the Nomad... :D

Last edited:
@shaunm80 Hi Shaun, if you have Time to tune a Car please look at the Infiniti Coupe Concept. It's a unexpected fast and smooth Car at 500PP. It can do a 1:54 Lap at Daytona Event :)

Last edited:
Tested on Racing Hards:

Expert Level RC Silverstone GP Seasonal Winner! 👎 (4th try)

Don't get fooled by the win.

This car (NOT TUNE) is a major dissapointement! At 600PP is simply not competitive enough. In order to win the race against an average rabbit, had to remove the areo:
  • Default aero (300/550)
This made the car faster on straight, but needed much more throttle management in cornering...

Maybe a turbo would make this car different, but being a Audi racer it's poorly reproduced in the game.

So, my congrats to Shaun for a great tune in a car that doesn't deserve it... :(

Next, the Nomad... :D
I agree with your sentiment about the car being odd and not being a true Audi racer in GT6. The tune did help this car and makes it drivable but I get your point about the car in stock form.

Hey Shaun,

Used your FITT tune on Tuscan Speed 6 (500pp SM) to gold Daytona Seasonal.

Thanks. Nice tune.
Nice win indeed. Its good to see this car being used for wins on seasonal events even before its gone through FITT testing. I am glad you enjoy this car and it proved effective on other tracks.

@shaunm80 Hi Shaun, if you have Time to tune a Car please look at the Infiniti Coupe Concept. It's a unexpected fast and smooth Car at 500PP. It can do a 1:54 Lap at Daytona Event :)

I will look into this car but time isn't on my side this weekend for tuning. I have just got back from the outskirts of London and my other half will be in charge of the TV tonight. I have a sweet looking Saleen S7 on the ramp ready for tuning but I will investigate the Infiniti Coupe car ASAP. :)

I agree with your sentiment about the car being odd and not being a true Audi racer in GT6. The tune did help this car and makes it drivable but I get your point about the car in stock form.

It is indeed a shame that at 600PP cannot perform as other cars...

I have a sweet looking Saleen S7 on the ramp ready for tuning but I

I knew it! I've been playing with one in the past few days and was going to ask you what were your thougts on the Saleen... :D

Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00

600PP
596 BHP
1225kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Racing Hard Tyres

Expert Level RC Seasonal Silverstone GP Winner! 👍

This car is not fast... it's waaayy fast!! :P Great tune, some throttle control is needed, other than that 👍!

:)

Last edited:
Back