Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
1* - Rear lowest value 19.39

2* - WD 51:49

Expert Level RC Seasonal Silverstone GP - Best 2nd (3 races) - ABS1 only

Even less competitive then the '09 version. Although the rear feels planted, almost glued, the main downside is the hard steering, on fast cornering causes understeer, which is also noted in mid corner accel.

On the 3 races done, me driving at limit, did not managed to catch any rabbit, including the weakest, GT-R Concept LM Race Car. Behind leader 5 seconds at finnish.

@shaunm80 @chrisspeed281 - If any of you try this car, hope can do better then me... :)
I haven't touched this car in ages. I shall pull it out from the corner of my garage at some point and check these values out.

Hey @shaunm80

I was able to beat a pesky Zonda LM race car with your R8 LMS Ultra '12 tune from page 32.
Did the race about 5 times just to see if it was a repeatable feat and it sure was. So no fluke or a crazy strike of luck.

Tune worked out nicely. All i had to do was alter the final gear a bit to get more acceleration and stability through certain corners. I ended up using 3270 instead of the 2700 you had on the tune.

I got tempted when the Anniversary R8 was brought up on the previous page and thought that the "base model" should count as well.

Managed to do it with the Team Phoenix version too, can't remember who's tune i have on it though. Need to do some research into that.

Conclusion: Yes. The R8 LMS can win, just barely. One has to hope for a slower lineup.

And just to clarify. DS3 analog sticks and MT + All aids off except for abs set to 1.
(just in case someone wonders)

:cheers:

Last edited:
Audi R8 LMS ultra '12

596PP
554 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distibution 47:53

Racing Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
60/65
20.50/19.50
8/8
6/6
5/3
1.5/1.0
-0.10/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.483
2nd 2.722
3rd 2.124
4th 1.741
5th 1.473
6th 1.254
Set final gear to 2.700

FC LSD
8/14/25

Set power limiter to 100.0%
all parts standard

Downforce
400/650
Ballast - Set 0kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

View attachment 176140
View attachment 176141

This is the one i was referring to in my previous post.

Ferrari 250 GTO CN3729GT '62

500PP
340 BHP
850kgs
Weight Distribution 52:48

Sports Hard Tyres - Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
110/125
13.00/8.00
7/6
5/6
4/4
1.5/3.5
-0.50/1.00

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.360
2nd 2.552
3rd 1.976
4th 1.596
5th 1.356
Set final gear to 3.120
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
10/12/14
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - Set 32kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only

It took a while to get to a stage where I was happy to publish this car. It isn't absolutely perfect but it is a lot better than stock. I hope you all enjoy it :)

View attachment 254942
View attachment 254938
View attachment 254939
View attachment 254940
View attachment 254941
Well, I finally plunked $20,000,000 down for this car. I figured I HAD to. How can you be a car lover and NOT grab the 250 GTO '62, I told myself... If I had known that camber and toe couldn't be adjusted, I might have just passed. It's not the greatest ride stock, but your tune takes very good care of the car. Very nice job @shaunm80!

You did make one mistake in your published tune, however...You said to set final gear to 5.500 and then adjust max speed. You meant to say "set final get to 5.000 and then adjust max speed..." otherwise you won't be able to match the gear ratios exactly as your tune has them set. Just thought you should know, so you could update it. Thanks again, for yet another wonderful tune!! :D 👍

Well, I finally plunked $20,000,000 down for this car. I figured I HAD to. How can you be a car lover and NOT grab the 250 GTO '62, I told myself... If I had known that camber and toe couldn't be adjusted, I might have just passed. It's not the greatest ride stock, but your tune takes very good care of the car. Very nice job @shaunm80!

You did make one mistake in your published tune, however...You said to set final gear to 5.500 and then adjust max speed. You meant to say "set final get to 5.000 and then adjust max speed..." otherwise you won't be able to match the gear ratios exactly as your tune has them set. Just thought you should know, so you could update it. Thanks again, for yet another wonderful tune!! :D 👍
You are not wrong. This car is a great looking car. I too didn't know about the locked toe and camber. It took a while to get this car in a publishable state but I am pretty happy with the outcome of this fine car. At 500PP, this car is near the top of the race car class. It should be viable for 550PP races too, over that PP range though, it won't win but it does make you happy to be driving this car. :)

You are not wrong. This car is a great looking car. I too didn't know about the locked toe and camber. It took a while to get this car in a publishable state but I am pretty happy with the outcome of this fine car. At 500PP, this car is near the top of the race car class. It should be viable for 550PP races too, over that PP range though, it won't win but it does make you happy to be driving this car. :)
Yeah...There's a reason this car sells for $20+ million in real life. It's an absolutely gorgeous car. I'm not the biggest fan of many old generation cars, but this one is on my list, along with the Miura. I think the Lamborghini Miura is one of the sexiest cars ever built.

I think it's funny that this 250 GTO is classified a "race car" but it came with CS tires by default. I took my first lap in the car around Nordschleife, completely stock, and that was quite an adventure! I don't think it would be quite so bad if I could just tone down that rear camber. My tires were spinning going into 4th gear at some parts of the track!

Anyway, your tune really gets the suspension in fantastic running order. I would definitely feel comfortable racing this car in the 500-550PP classes. I would cry if I could just take a ride as a passenger in this car. Such gorgeous lines...

Last edited:
Saleen S7 '02

550PP
455 BHP
1140kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
85/90
11.50/11.00
5/4
4/5
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.35

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 2.679
2nd 2.038
3rd 1.581
4th 1.284
5th 1.080
6th 0.938
Set final gear to 2.820
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
12/15/18

Set power limiter to 82.9%
All power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 33kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car felt pretty good as stock. I didn't mess around too long with this car as it only needed minor suspension work to stop the massive oversteer on certain corners. Call this tune a quick and dirty tune as it irons out the wrinkles but leaves some of the inherent characteristics of this fantastic car for you to enjoy. I'd be interested to know what you think about it all the same :)

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

Last edited:
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Stealth Model

600PP
654 BHP
1465kgs
Weight Distribution 47:53

Racing Hard Tyres

Tested last night:

Expert Level RC Seasonal Silverstone GP Winner! 👍 (2nd race)

Winner on 2nd race done after some changes in tune. Stats:

1st race:
  • Use the tune values - A massive front understeer discovered in fast corners of the tracks. Front tyres always under constant pressure (red) causing the designated understeer and loosing grip.
  • Tune values - Ride height (80/85) & Camber (3.5/2.5)
Result: 2nd place

2nd race:
  • Changed- Ride Height (was 80/85) - to 85/85
  • Changed - Camber (was 3.5/2.5) - to 0.0/0.0
Front understeer reduced (50%) and front tyres also reduced pressure. Easier to steer and cornering. Final result: 1st

Final Review -
The car has certanly the power to win easily the race. I did some extreme basic changes, if Shaun reviewed this tune i'm certain he can fix the undesteer easily! 👍

Really enjoyed the 2 races and testing the car... :)

Last edited:
Tested last night:

Expert Level RC Seasonal Silverstone GP Winner! 👍 (2nd race)

Winner on 2nd race done after some changes in tune. Stats:

1st race:
  • Use the tune values - A massive front understeer discovered in fast corners of the tracks. Front tyres always under constant pressure (red) causing the designated understeer and loosing grip.
  • Tune values - Ride height (80/85) & Camber (3.5/2.5)
Result: 2nd place

2nd race:
  • Changed- Ride Height (was 80/85) - to 85/85
  • Changed - Camber (was 3.5/2.5) - to 0.0/0.0
Front understeer reduced (50%) and front tyres also reduced pressure. Easier to steer and cornering. Final result: 1st

Final Review -
The car has certanly the power to win easily the race. I did some extreme basic changes, if Shaun reviewed this tune i'm certain he can fix the undesteer easily! 👍

Really enjoyed the 2 races and testing the car... :)
I shall add this to the growing list of tunes I have to re-visit/start. :) Im glad that the tune got you gold in the end.

Resume of the new A-spec Seasonals. This are the fastes Cars for Daytona and Silverstone :)

View attachment 257493 View attachment 257494

Ah, the lambo, very nice car! great lines on that car.

Also tested last night:
  • Beginner Level NR Seasonal Suzuka Winner! 👍
  • Intermediate Level NR Seasonal Daytona RC Winner! 👍

Both done with Sports Hard. Fantastic car/tune

"Molto bene Dino"! :D

Another car with amazing lines. I am glad that I revisited this car some time ago. It has come alive since the last update.

I shall add this to the growing list of tunes I have to re-visit/start.

👍 Sorrryy... :(

:) Im glad that the tune got you gold in the end.

TY! Im glad some simple changes got the job done... :)

Another car with amazing lines. I am glad that I revisited this car some time ago. It has come alive since the last update.

Indeed, so fun and great looking. Too bad the engine sound is not up to it... :grumpy:

EDIT: Almost forgot - the R33 TC is indeed a winner, but the 4WD system causes some understeer...

Last edited:
Tested right now:

Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model

600PP
563 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Racing Hard Tyres

Expert Level RC Seasonal Silverstone GP Winner! 👍

Easy win! This car is :eek:... So much torque, so much power (only with mid RPM)... Extreme agile and super fast. Only need some throttle control to tame that massive power!

Imagine if I removed the areo... :lol:

A great surprise! :)

EDIT: Leader on lap 4... Consistent 1:57 laps...

Last edited:
Tested right now:

Easy win! This car is :eek:... So much torque, so much power (only with mid RPM)... Extreme agile and super fast. Only need some throttle control to tame that massive power!

Imagine if I removed the areo... :lol:

A great surprise! :)

EDIT: Leader on lap 4... Consistent 1:57 laps...
Nice lap times. Great win too. I still get confused by how camber can help one car (such as this one) but make others (like the AMG SLS Stealth) seem understeery. Its all rather odd in my opinion.

Nice lap times. Great win too. I still get confused by how camber can help one car (such as this one) but make others (like the AMG SLS Stealth) seem understeery. Its all rather odd in my opinion.
You are not alone. I played around with camber for hours and find something out : Camber up to 1.5 makes some Cars feel a little smoother but not faster and high camber brings a car easier to spin. So for me..in doubt no camber. The best way to decrease under or oversteer is to change the weight Distribution IMO :)

Hey Guys..please have a look at this Threat https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/make-your-own-livery-for-fun.318825/ the picture from harsk is incredible :lol:

facepalmu.gif ...

👍 TY! That makes two of us, camber is taboo issue in GT6...

EDIT:

Forgot this review:

Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model

597PP
545 BHP
1050kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

Great car/tune. Super agile, fast and powerfull has the NSX Stealth, but more civilized... A gentleman racer... :D

Leader on lap 4, consistent 1:55 laps. Well done Shaun! :)

Last edited:
View attachment 258077 ...

👍 TY! That makes two of us, camber is taboo issue in GT6...

EDIT:

Forgot this review:

Great car/tune. Super agile, fast and powerfull has the NSX Stealth, but more civilized... A gentleman racer... :D

Leader on lap 4, consistente 1:55 laps. Well done Shaun! :)
I was quite proud of my Stealth Model collection. Now, just to sort out the slight issue with the AMG SLS and all will be right again.

Believe I haven't tried the Audi yet... :)

And another one that works great with camber...
The Audi has won me gold on many a seasonal race. At 700PP it is a beast, but a fun beast. Take off the Turbo and detune to 600PP and its a very efficient racing car which can get gold on those 600PP racing car seasonal events.

Yes.. Another car which actually works with camber. It isn't a small amount too. 2.2/3.5 for that particular car and it works like a dream. Logic doesn't seem to play a part in camber here. :)

I won gold in the latest seasonal 600pp with this , thanks @shaunm80 great tune. Didnt have the fastest rabbits but still fun

Jun 18, 2014
Report #729
Volkswagon GTI Roadster Vision Gran Turismo

608PP
551 BHP
1200kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
60/65
13.00/17.75
5/6
4/7
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.12/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.786
2nd 2.226
3rd 1.789
4th 1.488
5th 1.264
6th 1.101
7th 0.978
Set final gear to 2.760

Note- Gearing is set for long tracks. The final gear will need to be moved around as per track to change the top speed achievable.

FC LSD
10/12
12/14
18/20

Downforce
F/R
400/750

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

I repainted my GTI Roadster Black to go with my actual VW Golf Bluemotion.

Last one for testing and review, but:

Gran Turismo Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car

650PP
749 BHP

Set power limiter to 89.5%

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

No power parts for 650PP? As it is - 614PP, 590BHP, perfect for seasonal... ;) And also will test with stock transmission due to different ratios.

:)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: REVIEW as it is... (600PP, 542BHP, PL 91.7%)

Ok, last one, I promise... :D

Easy win! I don't even know how to describe this car... Honestly... At 600PP (power limiter 91%) it's a beast! Corners perfectly, super fast and precise... I think the secret is that little ballast, right Shaun?

You did something secret there... :lol: No mid-corner understeer and feels like driving a go-kart, the roll/rotation is key to success...

Excellent job! 👍

Last edited:
Last one for testing and review, but:

No power parts for 650PP? As it is - 614PP, 590BHP, perfect for seasonal... ;) And also will test with stock transmission due to different ratios.

:)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: REVIEW as it is... (600PP, 542BHP, PL 91.7%)

Ok, last one, I promise... :D

Easy win! I don't even know how to describe this car... Honestly... At 600PP (power limiter 91%) it's a beast! Corners perfectly, super fast and precise... I think the secret is that little ballast, right Shaun?

You did something secret there... :lol: No mid-corner understeer and feels like driving a go-kart, the roll/rotation is key to success...

Excellent job! 👍
You can keep reviewing and posting comments about the cars on this thread for as long as you want. I have no problems with it :) I may have missed a part out on the original post if the information does not match up. Once 1.14 update has been installed, I shall have a look into it. Speaking of 1.14, I can see a few new tunes coming to this thread very soon. BMW M4 which can be tuned? How excellent will that be! and lets not forget the Subaru Vision GT car. Hello! I'll have some of that if I don't mind. Expect some cool looking cars at some point in the next few days.

BMW M4 M Performance Edition (Drift Setup)

550PP
507 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Comfort Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
5.75/7.75
5/5
4/5
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.20/0.35

Racing Brake Kit
1/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.094
2nd 2.425
3rd 1.987
4th 1.650
5th 1.407
6th 1.221
7th 1.086
Set final gear to 4.400

FC LSD
5/50/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 18kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

Circuito de Madrid.jpg

Circuito de Madrid_1.jpg

Circuito de Madrid_2.jpg

Last edited:
Right now I have to study but I have already brought all the parts required for a 550PP SS and a 600PP SS version of the BMW car posted above. I shall be retrieving my normal M4 which has been gathering dust in the back of my garage for a little while and see what I can do with that car too at 500-550PP ranges. As I mentioned though, for now I have to remember everything I can about the respiratory system and how to breathe for my A&P test. See you guys on the other side ;)

I know i'm the one with the most time now but anyway i got the 1.14 update already. The new Cars are a little strange at stock (Super Laps) but full tuned a pleasure to drive. I tried the BMW Safty Car at the Daytona Event an the Subaru at Silverstone. Both are good for a win. The new Sierra rally with the Nismo GT-R is pretty hard an will entertain us a while (hard rain and to many AIs crossing your way) :)

PHOTO_20141119_112412.jpg PHOTO_20141119_121204.jpg

You can keep reviewing and posting comments about the cars on this thread for as long as you want. I have no problems with it :)

TY! :bowdown:

I may have missed a part out on the original post if the information does not match up. Once 1.14 update has been installed, I shall have a look into it.

👍

Speaking of 1.14, I can see a few new tunes coming to this thread very soon. BMW M4 which can be tuned? How excellent will that be! and lets not forget the Subaru Vision GT car. Hello! I'll have some of that if I don't mind. Expect some cool looking cars at some point in the next few days.

Can I be honest? I'm glad you guys can still enjoy these "updates"... I strongly believe these were the so called "major updates" that PD announced, so I believe the game won´t be more then this (update tracks, cosmetic cars and late features)...

I have the game at 100% and the only reason I did not stopped playing was the tunning. I enjoy testing cars from different tuners (well, honestly most your tunes Shaun... :D), if it was not for this I would probably had sold the game already...

May sound silly, but I miss B-Spec (perfect for running-in cars (oil deteoration + lower PP), the trading, the gift, etc...

Back