Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Ferrari 458 Italia ‘09

550PP
472 BHP
1270kgs
Weight Distribution 45:55

(Read bottom of post for a special 500PP SS version of this tune for the recent London A Spec Seasonal)

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Improve Body Rigidity
Aero Kit Type A
Custom Wing Type A

FC Suspension
F/R
105/110
12.00/18.00
5/5
4/5
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 6.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.862
2nd 2.250
3rd 1.813
4th 1.479
5th 1.248
6th 1.083
7th 0.967
Set final gear to 4.200

FC LSD
14/16/22
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 83.9%
All power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Downforce set to 215.
Ballast – Set 43kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Tuners Notes – This car has a special 500PP SS edition for the London A Spec seasonal. Set LSD at 12/15/24, change final gear to 4.850 and set power limiter to 57.3% and this car will do 0.55.5xx second laps around London circuit. Very fast indeed for such a detuned car.

Spec for 500PP SS should be:
500PP
322 BHP
1270kgs
Weight Dist 45:55

View attachment 226850
View attachment 226851

just used the de-tuned 500pp version of this car on the new seasonal race @ Daytona road course... it was awesome ! the 458 had plenty of power to beat the ai cars even the pesky lambo gallardo ip-560-4 '08 at bay on the last two laps. even a small spin when chasing down the lexus lfa'10 to get to # place with 2 laps to go, the 458 recovered quickly. the pesky ai lambo just kept coming. the ai cars get to be a pain when they lose. thank you again for the awesome tune for this car.

Abarth Grande Punto '09

400PP
175 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 56:44

Comfort Soft Tyres

No addition Aero Parts applied
Standard Size Wheels
Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
135/135
6.50/4.00
6/6
5/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
7/4

Six Speed Transmission

FC LSD
8/12/5
Twin Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 99.5%
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - Set 96kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 117729

just beat the new beginner level seasonal race @ suzuka circuit east course. what a really great tune for a little car. it took the lead & did not let it go. it would slide into turns often passing a car that was ahead of it. thank you for all of the time & effort that you put for the really awesome tunes that you post for racers like me. You so are the Man!

* Setups are used as they are, if nothing is specified.
* No Aids, ABS: 1.

Mercedes-Benz A 160 Avantgarde '98
350 PP | 116 BHP | 1000 kg | Weight Distribution 50:50
Comfort Medium Tyres
GT6 Seasonal | Beginners Non-Racing Car Challenge | Suzuka Circuit East Course | 450 PP | SH
Suzuka Circuit East Course_1.jpg

The Winning Overtake

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe Chrome Line
450 PP | 288 BHP | 1200 kg | Weight Distribution 55:45
Sports Hard Tyres
GT6 Seasonal | Intermediate Non-Racing Car Challenge | Daytona Road Course | 500 PP | SS
Daytona Road Course_1.jpg

The Winning Overtake

Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
624 PP | 590 BHP | 1300 kg | Weight Distribution 47:53
Racing Hard Tyres
* Power limiter: 600 PP,
* Final Gear: 4650,
* Downforce: Front and Rear, both to minimum,
* Edit: Automatic transmission.

GT6 Seasonal | Expert Level Racing Car Challenge | Silverstone GP Circuit | 600 PP | RH
Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

The Winning Overtake

Last edited:
It is indeed a shame that at 600PP cannot perform as other cars...

I knew it! I've been playing with one in the past few days and was going to ask you what were your thougts on the Saleen... :D

Expert Level RC Seasonal Silverstone GP Winner! 👍

This car is not fast... it's waaayy fast!! :P Great tune, some throttle control is needed, other than that 👍!

:)
I haven't driven this car since I tuned it up. Nice to see this

just used the de-tuned 500pp version of this car on the new seasonal race @ Daytona road course... it was awesome ! the 458 had plenty of power to beat the ai cars even the pesky lambo gallardo ip-560-4 '08 at bay on the last two laps. even a small spin when chasing down the lexus lfa'10 to get to # place with 2 laps to go, the 458 recovered quickly. the pesky ai lambo just kept coming. the ai cars get to be a pain when they lose. thank you again for the awesome tune for this car.

I used this car too for my win. It doesn't pull away on the straights but it does out corner any of the competition. A really nice car for this track.

just beat the new beginner level seasonal race @ suzuka circuit east course. what a really great tune for a little car. it took the lead & did not let it go. it would slide into turns often passing a car that was ahead of it. thank you for all of the time & effort that you put for the really awesome tunes that you post for racers like me. You so are the Man!

I'll add this to the list of winners. Everyone loves a sporty italian number to drive around.

GT6 Seasonal | Beginners Non-Racing Car Challenge | Suzuka Circuit East Course | 450 PP | SH
View attachment 256848

The Winning Overtake

GT6 Seasonal | Intermediate Non-Racing Car Challenge | Daytona Road Course | 500 PP | SS
View attachment 256851

The Winning Overtake

* Downforce: Front and Rear, both to minimum.

GT6 Seasonal | Expert Level Racing Car Challenge | Silverstone GP Circuit | 600 PP | RH
View attachment 256852
The Winning Overtake

450PP SH tune, really? Thats impressive, most impressive!. I remember stating that all the Chromeline Collection rates in my top ten tunes i've created. I am still impressed you got a david vs goliath win out of that car though.

Mercedes are obviously a good choice of make for these seasonal events. 3 for 3 there :)

Well done indeed!

View attachment 256848

The Winning Overtake

View attachment 256851

The Winning Overtake

* Downforce: Front and Rear, both to minimum.

View attachment 256852
The Winning Overtake

I ended up trying out the AMG VGT yesterday as well. Not the fastest car around when it's nerfed down to 600pp. But it still seemed to get the job done.

This seasonal has generated a good ammount of credits and whole heap of tuned race cars.

One car i found to be quite interesting to drive was the R33 Touring car with @shaunm80 tune, but with added power. My only wish is that the older sibling(R32) would like a power increase as much as the R33.

Very nice handling. The older brother/sister(R32) on the other hand did not fair as good.

It's all down to a refinement of the tune to suit the increased power. All it does as it sits now is providing me with a mahoosive ammount of understeer. So i'll spend the day trying to get her to agree with me that a power increase is a good thing.

Last edited:
I ended up trying out the AMG VGT yesterday as well. Not the fastest car around when it's nerfed down to 600pp. But it still seemed to get the job done.

This seasonal has generated a good ammount of credits and whole heap of tuned race cars.

One car i found to be quite interesting to drive was the R33 Touring car with @shaunm80 tune, but with added power. My only wish is that the older sibling(R32) would like a power increase as much as the R33.

Very nice handling. The older brother/sister(R32) on the other hand did not fair as good.

It's all down to a refinement of the tune to suit the increased power. All it does as it sits now is providing me with a mahoosive ammount of understeer. So i'll spend the day trying to get her to agree with me that a power increase is a good thing.
How far did you get with the R33? Winner or close to a winner?

Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniv '66 (Seasonal Setup)

500PP
319 BHP
1190kgs
Weight Distribution 45:55

Sports Hard Tyres

No Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
70/75
6.25/8.50
5/6
4/5
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.10/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.642
2nd 1.991
3rd 1.550
4th 1.256
5th 1.041
Set final gear to 3.260

FC LSD
8/10/12
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 85.3% (or until you reach 500PP limit)
All power parts standard

Ballast - Add 110kgs to Position -50

Achieved a 1.17 in my hands. Edit: Now a 1.16 :)

View attachment 166714

Hey shaum 80
Thanks for your Tunes and settings they really have improvede My drivning skills
Have just set a time with the GT40 Mark I 15 th Anniv (1.15.360 ) on Circuito di Roma (reverse)

Oh.. It's a winner!. When i drove it i came across the Zonda LM, McLaren kokusai and the GT-R Concept LM as rabbits and won quite easily.
Good to know. Ill add this to the list of gold tunes :)

Hey shaum 80
Thanks for your Tunes and settings they really have improvede My drivning skills
Have just set a time with the GT40 Mark I 15 th Anniv (1.15.360 ) on Circuito di Roma (reverse)

Thats a very quick time for that track. The GT40 Mark I is an excellent car, you wouldn't think it was a 60's car by the way it handles with this tune on it. Even with DS3, it is really easy to throw around with confidence. Keep up the good work, I try to make tunes easy for DS3 users and if it improves your driving skills, even better! congrats on that one. :)

Oh.. It's a winner!. When i drove it i came across the Zonda LM, McLaren kokusai and the GT-R Concept LM as rabbits and won quite easily.

I used the Nissan GT-R (R33) Touring Car at Silverstone. I won easy :) just lower the LSD an Downforce. And of course i used SRF and TC 2 (makes me faster)

View attachment 256949

Added to the list. Thanks for the test :)

ziekenauto.gif
:lol:

@shaunm80 - My apologies for off-topic posts...
No worries about the off-topics. They are cool. Nice to see some actual cars doing realistic laps with realistic sounds for a change. If PD could manage to get sounds half as decent as the real cars, id be a lot happier :)

Also, that ambulance would be faster in real life than most cars. They aren't speed restricted once they get the light and sound system going.

Uh oh.. Did your heart "kick the bucket"?

Then quick!! Look at this before it's lights out....

Listen to that and compare it to the sound PD used for it in game.. Not too far off imo.

PD got these sounds pretty spot in... I'll give you that one. I have to say though, if they messed up the senna sounds, it wouldn't have gone down too well with automotive nuts. This is the one sound they had to get spot on.

PD got these sounds pretty spot in... I'll give you that one. I have to say though, if they messed up the senna sounds, it wouldn't have gone down too well with automotive nuts. This is the one sound they had to get spot on.

You've got that right.

Well.. Now it's time for me to try out some more tunes and grab some credits.

No worries about the off-topics. They are cool. Nice to see some actual cars doing realistic laps with realistic sounds for a change. If PD could manage to get sounds half as decent as the real cars, id be a lot happier :)

Also, that ambulance would be faster in real life than most cars. They aren't speed restricted once they get the light and sound system going.

👍

Listen to that and compare it to the sound PD used for it in game.. Not too far off imo.

Pretty close indeed. Just a few minor differences...

Audi R8 LMS Ultra 15th Anniversary Edition '12

Weight Distribution 48:52

FC Suspension

20.00/19.00 - 1*

Ballast - Set 100kgs to Position -50 - 2*

1* - Rear lowest value 19.39

2* - WD 51:49

Audi R8 LMS Ultra 15th Anniversary Edition '12

Expert Level RC Seasonal Silverstone GP - Best 2nd (3 races) - ABS1 only

Even less competitive then the '09 version. Although the rear feels planted, almost glued, the main downside is the hard steering, on fast cornering causes understeer, which is also noted in mid corner accel.

On the 3 races done, me driving at limit, did not managed to catch any rabbit, including the weakest, GT-R Concept LM Race Car. Behind leader 5 seconds at finnish.

@shaunm80 @chrisspeed281 - If any of you try this car, hope can do better then me... :)

Back