Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
I do plan on finalising another group of cars this coming week for publication ASAP. Not sure how many at the moment but I will do as many as I can before the christmas period. Hope you all like this batch of cars and my apologies for being a little slow recently with new tunes. As I'm sure you can all appreciate, my life has become a little hectic and I am doing my best to juggle many things. More great tunes to come though. Keep an eye out and as always, thanks for your support with my thread. Means a lot to me.

You will recall that I mentioned a car from a guest tuner for the hard work of @LordJCS and @cbarbosa and all the time they put in. Well this tune is in recognition of that and you will be able to get back the time you spent for the FITT challenge. All you have to do is hit 88mph and you can go back to before it all began. Enjoy :)

This tune is courtesy of @Bowtie-muscle to whom I wish many thanks for this favour. Much obliged. :)

DMC DeLorean S2 '04

PP: 500
HP: 362
WEIGHT: 1100kg
WEIGHT DIST: 48:52

TIRE(S): SH or SS

OIL CHANGE - no

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // BRAKES: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 90 / 96
SPRINGS - 7.00 / 7.50
COMP - 6 / 10
EXT - 10 / 5
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.3 / 0.0
TOE - -0.10 / 0.08
BRAKES - 5 / 5

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
- 5.000 // TOP SPEED TO - 112
1ST - 3.800
2ND - 2.500
3RD - 1.870
4TH - 1.475
5TH - 1.235
6TH - 1.060
FINAL - 3.250

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 5
ACCEL - 9
DECEL - 20

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: n/a
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 1
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Isometric
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - High RPM Turbo
POWER LIMITER - 95.4%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Installed

BALLAST - 46kg @ -50
DOWNFORCE - n/a

NOTE:

Great Scott!!

Just to clarify something Shaun.

I had boat loads of fun during that FiTT testing session. And i also got bunch of cars that all behave slightly different.
Some of them crisp and precise while others are just a hoot to drive.

I'd say that more than makes up for the time spent. Don't get me wrong, i do appreciate the kind gesture with this guest tune.

I'll be listening to the BTTF soundtrack while i tune this puppy and drive the wheels off of it..

On a sidenote:

Nice bunch of tunes you posted. The R33's by far my favorite among GT-R's. So cudos to you for providing tunes for it.

I also had a look at the LSD setting on your M4 550pp. It turned out that i only changed the Accel to 11. That's where i ended up. Been trying a lot of different layouts but that value seemed to work better for me.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Great Scott!!

Just to clarify something Shaun.

I had boat loads of fun during that FiTT testing session. And i also got bunch of cars that all behave slightly different.
Some of them crisp and precise while others are just a hoot to drive.

I'd say that more than well makes up for the time spent. Don't get me wrong, i do appreciate the kind gesture with this guest tune.

I'll be listening to the BTTF soundtrack while i tune this puppy and drive the wheels off of it..

On a sidenote:

Nice bunch of tunes you posted. The R33's by far my favorite among GT-R's. So cudos to you for providing tunes for it.

I also had a look at the LSD setting on your M4 550pp. It turned out that i only changed the Accel to 11. That's where i ended up. Been trying a lot of different layouts but that value seemed to work better for me.

I know you had a great time with the FITT challenge. I am glad because it means that you may come back for more :) I was using humour with the beginning of the post for the DeLorean as its a time machine car. Sometimes my humour doesn't really show in this thread but thats technology for you. :) I look forward to your review on the R33 tune now. I hope it is to your approval.

Hehe.. No worries. Your humour came across loud and clear.

I'm sure the R33 tune and i will get along just fine. I managed to break into 1:34's on the RBR seasonal earlier.

Hehe.. No worries. Your humour came across loud and clear.

I'm sure the R33 tune and i will get along just fine. I managed to break into 1:34's on the RBR seasonal earlier.
I got up to level 10 on Drive Club earlier :) that made me fairly happy. I am not surprised you made it into the 1.34s. Are you and Chris having your own personal battle still? :) you two are always on the top of my FL.

I got up to level 10 on Drive Club earlier :) that made me fairly happy. I am not surprised you made it into the 1.34s. Are you and Chris having your own personal battle still? :) you two are always on the top of my FL.

Not sure about the whole battle thing.. One thing i do know is that he is really fast. Take the Matterhorn 600pp event a while back(The Tommykaira ZZII was the car of choice there i believe). That was a proper battle to the bitter end.

How's the PS4 treating you?

Not sure about the whole battle thing.. One thing i do know is that he is really fast. Take the Matterhorn 600pp event a while back(The Tommykaira ZZII was the car of choice there i believe). That was a proper battle to the bitter end.

How's the PS4 treating you?
I have only played on drive club and the crew so far. Both of those games are great. Still got 3 games still to load up. The ps4 seems light years faster than the ps3, I didn't realise how old the ps3 was till I got the ps4. That being said, gt6 is definately an awesome game still, I can't tune up cars in the new games like I can in gt6.

I have only played on drive club and the crew so far. Both of those games are great. Still got 3 games still to load up. The ps4 seems light years faster than the ps3, I didn't realise how old the ps3 was till I got the ps4. That being said, gt6 is definately an awesome game still, I can't tune up cars in the new games like I can in gt6.

Once there are more titles released on the PS4 that suit me i'll pony up the dough and get one.

Original setups used, apart from notes (*)

Intermediate Level Italian Festival, Circuito di Roma
500 PP max, Sports Hard or less

Winners:

Ferrari Dino 246 GT '71

450PP
238 BHP
990kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Hard Tyres/Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change (If PP does not match once parts are installed, change oil. See notes)

FC Suspension
F/R
100/105
5.75/8.50
4/4
6/5
2/3
1.4/1.0
-0.04/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.952
2nd 2.245
3rd 1.784
4th 1.445
5th 1.191
Set final gear to 3.430

FC LSD
12/14/18
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 96.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Ballast - Set 72kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This tune was created on SH Tyres and is very good on this tyre compound. It requires some throttle control but it is very easy to drive with SH Tyres. Put a set of SS tyres and this car is even easier to drive and has oodles of grip available. Enjoy. I can't remember if I did an oil change when I brought this car back in December last year.. If the PP does not match what is mentioned in this post, try an oil change and that should fix it.

I will try and make a 480PP SS version of this car on SS tyres for the Expert Seasonal race.

View attachment 248917
View attachment 248916
View attachment 248915

Circuito di Roma_9.jpg

==========

Ferrari SP1 '08

550PP
478 BHP
1225kgs
Weight Distribution 46:54

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A
Custom Wing Type A

FC Suspension
F/R
80/85
11.40/18.75
5/7
4/5
1/4
0.5/0.0
-0.08/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 2.944
2nd 2.284
3rd 1.823
4th 1.493
5th 1.259
6th 1.095
Set final gear to 3.800

FC LSD
10/12/18
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 96.6%
All power parts set as standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Downforce - Set to 210
Ballast - Set 37kgs to Position -50

A very smooth drive when you drive this sensibly. If you push it too far, it will let you know well before you reach a point that the car will spin on you. 2.09.8xx was my fastest time with this tune on the Ferrari Seasonal.

View attachment 249244
View attachment 249243
View attachment 249242
* Power Level: 500 PP
* Sports Hard Tyres

Circuito di Roma_8.jpg

==========

International B Class, Tuned Car Festival
650 PP or less, Sports Soft or less

Winner:

Jaguar XKR-S '11 (Seasonal Tune)

560PP
560 BHP
1400kgs
Weight Dist 51:49

Aero Kit Type A
Change Oil
Inch Up Wheel 1

Painted with the Military Paint from the other seasonal (looks awesome)

Sports Hard Tyre

FC Sus
F/R
100/100
11.00/10.00
6/8
5/7
2/6
0.0/0.0
-0.12/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
7/6

FC Trans (Set after power parts installed)
Set final gear to 4.500 (if gears don't match try 5.000)
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.639
2nd 2.019
3rd 1.581
4th 1.280
5th 1.082
6th 0.953
Set final gear to 2.600

FC LSD
6/8/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Power Limiter set to 98.5%
All engine parts Standard.

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 58kgs to Position 50

Time set with TCS 1 and ABS 1 = 1.14.5
Time set with TCS 1, ABS 1 and SRF ON = 1.13.1

Give it a go without SRF to see what you can do, then to improve that time to someone who has a wheel, turn SRF on.

View attachment 111147

* Power Level: 550 PP
* No 1 inch up wheels available

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway
Cape Ring.jpg

Cape Ring

Great cars! 👍

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec (R33) '97

550PP
535 BHP
1265kgs
Weight Distribution 53:47

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
8.00/7.25
5/7
4/6
2/4
0.8/0.0
-0.05/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
4/5

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.026
2nd 2.330
3rd 1.828
4th 1.499
5th 1.281
6th 1.126
Set final gear to 3.330
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
F/R
12/16
14/20
10/14
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft
Torq Dist Centre Diff

F/R
35:65

Set power limiter to 99.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Downforce set to 50
Ballast - Set 23kgs to Position 50

Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

Last edited:

550PP
535 BHP
1265kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
8.00/7.25
5/7
4/6
2/4
0.8/0.0
-0.05/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
4/5

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.026
2nd 2.330
3rd 1.828
4th 1.499
5th 1.281
6th 1.126
Set final gear to 3.330
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
F/R
12/16
14/20
10/14
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft
Torq Dist Centre Diff

F/R
35:65

Set power limiter to 99.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Downforce set to 50
Ballast - Set 23kgs to Position 50

View attachment 269840
View attachment 269842
View attachment 269841
Action Pictures or Drift Tune ? ;)

@shaunm80

I've tried out your recent batch of Nissan tunes. I had a sneaky suspision that the R33 GT-R V-spec '97 and i would get along just fine, i was right. A pure pleasure to drive. I don't have too many "standard" cars since i rely on the cockpit view when driving, but i do have some. Now i have a couple more thanks to you. The 400R was one of my go-to cars in GT4 and GT5. The Road LM R33 however. A bloody shame it's been nerfed down by PD. That car in real life is a proper powerhouse.

A special thanks to both @shaunm80 and @Bowtie-muscle for the time machine. It will only be used for good things, you do trust me right?:sly:

Anywho. Hope you guys have a great day.

Action Pictures or Drift Tune ? ;)
Action pictures all the way. It was during my testing phase, the rear was a little loose and kept spinning on me, made for excellent photos however :) It doesn't handle like that now though... it is much more civilised.

@shaunm80 & @Bowtie-muscle

:bowdown: Many thanks guys! I really enjoyed the chance of being in FITT. I will enjoyed this wonderfull DeLorean...

Great Scott!!! :D
I think you will like the pilot skills of the SH version and the gripper version (SS tyres) in equal measures. I tested both and really liked the feel of this car and tune.

@shaunm80

I've tried out your recent batch of Nissan tunes. I had a sneaky suspision that the R33 GT-R V-spec '97 and i would get along just fine, i was right. A pure pleasure to drive. I don't have too many "standard" cars since i rely on the cockpit view when driving, but i do have some. Now i have a couple more thanks to you. The 400R was one of my go-to cars in GT4 and GT5. The Road LM R33 however. A bloody shame it's been nerfed down by PD. That car in real life is a proper powerhouse.

A special thanks to both @shaunm80 and @Bowtie-muscle for the time machine. It will only be used for good things, you do trust me right?:sly:

Anywho. Hope you guys have a great day.

Im glad you like the R33's. I am going to turn a few more into more powerful 550PP SS versions this week as they should be really quick for that PP range going by the times that the SH versions can set. I agree with you totally about the LM R33.. It really shouldn't be slower than the Premium Road Car '97 version on the seasonal yet it is about 1.5 to 2 seconds slower per lap in my hands. No tune I could create was going to make that gap up. I don't really know what PD did to that awesome looking GT-R but they certainly didn't do it any justice.

Enjoying in pilot version on Sierra...
"Roads? We don't need roads..." :D
Blasting in grip mode (SS)...​
I somehow knew that you would like the handling aspect of the SH version. Nice place to park up and check out the view, Now, if only you could photoshop some flames following the car when you took off, that would be an epic picture! @Bowtie-muscle will be pleased with this i should imagine, apparently MR tunes are not common place in his garage but id say that he's got this one down perfectly.

I somehow knew that you would like the handling aspect of the SH version.

Indeed. It sure has and needs the pilot driving style. Smooth and fast driving with great stability. The "slowin, fast out" is perfect for this car... :)

if only you could photoshop some flames following the car when you took off, that would be an epic picture!

Photoshop is not my thing... :D Gonna try ask someone to do it...

@Bowtie-muscle will be pleased with this i should imagine, apparently MR tunes are not common place in his garage but id say that he's got this one down perfectly.

If so, great 1st one! 👍

My apologies for double post, different subject - Reviews:

500PP
383 BHP
1265kgs

Sports Hard Tyres

Beginner's Level Japanese Car Seasonal Winner! 👍

Incredibly fast and agile. Easy winner. Corners naturally, no need for hard acceleration to keep the car going... :)
Huge grip achieved on those SH.

550PP
535 BHP
1265kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

IB License Tour of Japan Race 1 600PP Winner! 👍

All the best of 500PP version with even more power and agility, combined with the SS tyres makes it bad driving proof... :)

My apologies for double post, different subject - Reviews:

Beginner's Level Japanese Car Seasonal Winner! 👍

Incredibly fast and agile. Easy winner. Corners naturally, no need for hard acceleration to keep the car going... :)
Huge grip achieved on those SH.

IB License Tour of Japan Race 1 600PP Winner! 👍

All the best of 500PP version with even more power and agility, combined with the SS tyres makes it bad driving proof... :)
No worries about the double post. Thanks for the reviews. I enjoyed that car on the Japanese seasonal. It is grippy yet fun and thats how a GT-R should be in my book :) The SS version is a big bundle of group and that can only be a good thing in future seasonal events. I look forward to getting to use it on them

On another note, too all garage people. I have tried tuning today but my head isn't with it. Just coming up with a bag of nothing decent so I put the PS3 controller down and picked up the crew instead. I am working on some Jags and a SS version of the S2000 which I posted this week. Some nice rides coming up when my head is in the game. :)

My half Cars in my Garage are Race Cars and i like to beat the TS030 with my other Race Cars . I'm done with slide around with SH tyres (for 400 - 450 PP ok) :)
At least they are giving us SH tires for that range they used to give us CS or CM tires for that range FF at deep forest anyone? the Rocket hot lap sucked 600pp on SH? seriously?

*gets off soap box sorry about that*

@LordJCS @cbarbosa thank you for the testing in the FITT British invasion was nice to see some new faces in the mix :cheers: Could I barrow one or all of you to put my ZZII through it's paces? I would love to know if I ran out of skill or the tune ran out of grip.

Last edited:
More 2J or TS030 action you are seeking?
@chrisspeed281 - I may actually play on GT6 tomorrow once the new seasonal events come out. I have been enjoying other games this past few days but I shall be back to the slow(er) system of the PS3.

and Otaliema.. You must promise to return any of my thread contributors. My garage would be nothing if it wasn't for them so I will need them back at some point... You should have cleared this with me first.. :lol:

@chrisspeed281 - I may actually play on GT6 tomorrow once the new seasonal events come out. I have been enjoying other games this past few days but I shall be back to the slow(er) system of the PS3.

and Otaliema.. You must promise to return any of my thread contributors. My garage would be nothing if it wasn't for them so I will need them back at some point... You should have cleared this with me first.. :lol:
Don't worry I will :) and the request to everyone even you good sir your a great tuner and can spot grip loss Better than I can.

Thank you @cbarbosa i hope it's at least fun

At least they are giving us SH tires for that range they used to give us CS or CM tires for that range FF at deep forest anyone? the Rocket hot lap sucked 600pp on SH? seriously?

*gets off soap box sorry about that*

@LordJCS @cbarbosa thank you for the testing in the FITT British invasion was nice to see some new faces in the mix :cheers: Could I barrow one or all of you to put my ZZII through it's paces? I would love to know if I ran out of skill or the tune ran out of grip.

@Otaliema

Sure thing bud. I'll give your tune a proper shakedown to see what it's capable of. Is it by any chance this one you used to set your time on the seasonal event?

@Otaliema

Sure thing bud. I'll give your tune a proper shakedown to see what it's capable of. Is it by any chance this one you used to set your time on the seasonal event?

It is the same one with a minor change to the front spring rare as I noticed it was over loading coming into the slow turns from high speed

Back