Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. shaunm80

shaunm80

I do plan on finalising another group of cars this coming week for publication ASAP. Not sure how many at the moment but I will do as many as I can before the christmas period. Hope you all like this batch of cars and my apologies for being a little slow recently with new tunes. As I'm sure you can all appreciate, my life has become a little hectic and I am doing my best to juggle many things. More great tunes to come though. Keep an eye out and as always, thanks for your support with my thread. Means a lot to me.

2. LordJCS

LordJCS

Great Scott!!

Just to clarify something Shaun.

I had boat loads of fun during that FiTT testing session. And i also got bunch of cars that all behave slightly different.
    Some of them crisp and precise while others are just a hoot to drive.

I'd say that more than makes up for the time spent. Don't get me wrong, i do appreciate the kind gesture with this guest tune.

I'll be listening to the BTTF soundtrack while i tune this puppy and drive the wheels off of it..

On a sidenote:

Nice bunch of tunes you posted. The R33's by far my favorite among GT-R's. So cudos to you for providing tunes for it.

I also had a look at the LSD setting on your M4 550pp. It turned out that i only changed the Accel to 11. That's where i ended up. Been trying a lot of different layouts but that value seemed to work better for me.

:cheers:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    shaunm80 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  3. shaunm80

shaunm80

I know you had a great time with the FITT challenge. I am glad because it means that you may come back for more :) I was using humour with the beginning of the post for the DeLorean as its a time machine car. Sometimes my humour doesn't really show in this thread but thats technology for you. :) I look forward to your review on the R33 tune now. I hope it is to your approval.

LordJCS likes this.
  4. LordJCS

LordJCS

Hehe.. No worries. Your humour came across loud and clear.

I'm sure the R33 tune and i will get along just fine. I managed to break into 1:34's on the RBR seasonal earlier.

shaunm80 likes this.
  5. shaunm80

shaunm80

I got up to level 10 on Drive Club earlier :) that made me fairly happy. I am not surprised you made it into the 1.34s. Are you and Chris having your own personal battle still? :) you two are always on the top of my FL.

chrisspeed281 and LordJCS like this.
  6. LordJCS

LordJCS

Not sure about the whole battle thing.. One thing i do know is that he is really fast. Take the Matterhorn 600pp event a while back(The Tommykaira ZZII was the car of choice there i believe). That was a proper battle to the bitter end.

How's the PS4 treating you?

chrisspeed281 likes this.
  7. shaunm80

shaunm80

I have only played on drive club and the crew so far. Both of those games are great. Still got 3 games still to load up. The ps4 seems light years faster than the ps3, I didn't realise how old the ps3 was till I got the ps4. That being said, gt6 is definately an awesome game still, I can't tune up cars in the new games like I can in gt6.

chrisspeed281 and danbojte like this.
  8. LordJCS

LordJCS

Once there are more titles released on the PS4 that suit me i'll pony up the dough and get one.

9. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

I recognized my Wife want buy the PS4 for me as a christmas present but if she do that i need to improve on :indiff:

Soren Jacquet likes this.
  10. danbojte

danbojte

Original setups used, apart from notes (*)

Intermediate Level Italian Festival, Circuito di Roma
    500 PP max, Sports Hard or less

Winners:

Circuito di Roma_9.jpg

==========

* Power Level: 500 PP
    * Sports Hard Tyres

Circuito di Roma_8.jpg

==========

International B Class, Tuned Car Festival
    650 PP or less, Sports Soft or less

Winner:

* Power Level: 550 PP
    * No 1 inch up wheels available

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway
    Cape Ring.jpg
    Cape Ring

Great cars! :tup:

BJahalt88, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  11. shaunm80

shaunm80

That would be good. It would be great to have you on my DC club. I have a feeling you'd be pretty good at that game.

12. shaunm80

shaunm80

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec (R33) '97

550PP
    535 BHP
    1265kgs
    Weight Distribution 53:47

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
    Aero Kit Type A
    Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
    100/105
    8.00/7.25
    5/7
    4/6
    2/4
    0.8/0.0
    -0.05/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
    4/5

FC Transmission
    Set final gear to 5.000
    Set max speed to 124mph
    1st 3.026
    2nd 2.330
    3rd 1.828
    4th 1.499
    5th 1.281
    6th 1.126
    Set final gear to 3.330
    (Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
    F/R
    12/16
    14/20
    10/14
    Triple Plate Clutch
    Carbon Prop Shaft
    Torq Dist Centre Diff

F/R
    35:65

Set power limiter to 99.9%
    Engine Tuning Stage 1
    Sports Exhaust
    Catalytic Converter Sports
    Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Carbon Bonnet

Downforce set to 50
    Ballast - Set 23kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg
    Apricot Hill Raceway_2.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  13. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Action Pictures or Drift Tune ? ;)

14. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

@shaunm80 & @Bowtie-muscle

:bowdown: Many thanks guys! I really enjoyed the chance of being in FITT. I will enjoyed this wonderfull DeLorean...

Great Scott!!! :D

LordJCS and Bowtie-muscle like this.
  15. LordJCS

LordJCS

@shaunm80

I've tried out your recent batch of Nissan tunes. I had a sneaky suspision that the R33 GT-R V-spec '97 and i would get along just fine, i was right. A pure pleasure to drive. I don't have too many "standard" cars since i rely on the cockpit view when driving, but i do have some. Now i have a couple more thanks to you. The 400R was one of my go-to cars in GT4 and GT5. The Road LM R33 however. A bloody shame it's been nerfed down by PD. That car in real life is a proper powerhouse.

A special thanks to both @shaunm80 and @Bowtie-muscle for the time machine. It will only be used for good things, you do trust me right?:sly:

Anywho. Hope you guys have a great day.

16. shaunm80

shaunm80

Action pictures all the way. It was during my testing phase, the rear was a little loose and kept spinning on me, made for excellent photos however :) It doesn't handle like that now though... it is much more civilised.

I think you will like the pilot skills of the SH version and the gripper version (SS tyres) in equal measures. I tested both and really liked the feel of this car and tune.

Im glad you like the R33's. I am going to turn a few more into more powerful 550PP SS versions this week as they should be really quick for that PP range going by the times that the SH versions can set. I agree with you totally about the LM R33.. It really shouldn't be slower than the Premium Road Car '97 version on the seasonal yet it is about 1.5 to 2 seconds slower per lap in my hands. No tune I could create was going to make that gap up. I don't really know what PD did to that awesome looking GT-R but they certainly didn't do it any justice.

chrisspeed281, LordJCS and cbarbosa like this.
  17. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Enjoying in pilot version on Sierra...
    Circuito de la Sierra.jpg
    Circuito de la Sierra_1.jpg
    "Roads? We don't need roads..." :D
    Blasting in grip mode (SS)...​
    Cape Ring North.jpg
    Backt to the future De Lorean fire trace.jpg

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  18. shaunm80

shaunm80

I somehow knew that you would like the handling aspect of the SH version. Nice place to park up and check out the view, Now, if only you could photoshop some flames following the car when you took off, that would be an epic picture! @Bowtie-muscle will be pleased with this i should imagine, apparently MR tunes are not common place in his garage but id say that he's got this one down perfectly.

LordJCS and cbarbosa like this.
  19. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

Indeed. It sure has and needs the pilot driving style. Smooth and fast driving with great stability. The "slowin, fast out" is perfect for this car... :)

Photoshop is not my thing... :D Gonna try ask someone to do it...

If so, great 1st one! :tup:

LordJCS and shaunm80 like this.
  20. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

My apologies for double post, different subject - Reviews:

Beginner's Level Japanese Car Seasonal Winner! :tup:

Incredibly fast and agile. Easy winner. Corners naturally, no need for hard acceleration to keep the car going... :)
    Huge grip achieved on those SH.

IB License Tour of Japan Race 1 600PP Winner! :tup:

All the best of 500PP version with even more power and agility, combined with the SS tyres makes it bad driving proof... :)

21. shaunm80

shaunm80

No worries about the double post. Thanks for the reviews. I enjoyed that car on the Japanese seasonal. It is grippy yet fun and thats how a GT-R should be in my book :) The SS version is a big bundle of group and that can only be a good thing in future seasonal events. I look forward to getting to use it on them

On another note, too all garage people. I have tried tuning today but my head isn't with it. Just coming up with a bag of nothing decent so I put the PS3 controller down and picked up the crew instead. I am working on some Jags and a SS version of the S2000 which I posted this week. Some nice rides coming up when my head is in the game. :)

22. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

I hope and pray for ONE Race Car Event at the new Seasonals coming tomorrow :bowdown: (last time it works)

Otaliema likes this.
  23. Otaliema

Otaliema

More 2J or TS030 action you are seeking?

LordJCS and chrisspeed281 like this.
  24. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

My half Cars in my Garage are Race Cars and i like to beat the TS030 with my other Race Cars . I'm done with slide around with SH tyres (for 400 - 450 PP ok) :)

Otaliema and LordJCS like this.
  25. Otaliema

Otaliema

At least they are giving us SH tires for that range they used to give us CS or CM tires for that range FF at deep forest anyone? the Rocket hot lap sucked 600pp on SH? seriously?

*gets off soap box sorry about that*

@LordJCS @cbarbosa thank you for the testing in the FITT British invasion was nice to see some new faces in the mix :cheers: Could I barrow one or all of you to put my ZZII through it's paces? I would love to know if I ran out of skill or the tune ran out of grip.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  26. shaunm80

shaunm80

@chrisspeed281 - I may actually play on GT6 tomorrow once the new seasonal events come out. I have been enjoying other games this past few days but I shall be back to the slow(er) system of the PS3.

and Otaliema.. You must promise to return any of my thread contributors. My garage would be nothing if it wasn't for them so I will need them back at some point... You should have cleared this with me first.. :lol:

danbojte, LordJCS, Otaliema and 2 others like this.
  27. cbarbosa

cbarbosa Premium

:tup:

Sure. Will try it asap... :)

Otaliema likes this.
  28. Otaliema

Otaliema

Don't worry I will :) and the request to everyone even you good sir your a great tuner and can spot grip loss Better than I can.

Thank you @cbarbosa i hope it's at least fun

cbarbosa and LordJCS like this.
  29. LordJCS

LordJCS

@Otaliema

Sure thing bud. I'll give your tune a proper shakedown to see what it's capable of. Is it by any chance this one you used to set your time on the seasonal event?

30. Otaliema

Otaliema

It is the same one with a minor change to the front spring rare as I noticed it was over loading coming into the slow turns from high speed