Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 11/12/14)

P1030859.JPG

Same old, Same old.. Let me know what tune you used, I'll update the list below. Many thanks as per usual :)

A-Spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (450PP SH)
Ferrari Dino (450PP SH)
Ford Ka ‘01 (350PP CM - Yes. CM tyres..)
Honda NSX-R '02
Lotus Elise 111R '04 (450PP SH)
Lotus Elise '11 (Full Aero Package) (450PP SH)
Lotus Elise '96 (400PP CS)
Nissan Skyline GTS 25 type S (R32) (400PP SH)
Peugeot 206 CC '01 (400PP SH)
Subaru BRZ S '12 (450PP SH)
+Any car from my 450PP Range..

A-Spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (500PP SS)
BMW M3 Selection (at 500PP SH-SS)

BMW M4 Coupe (500PP SH version)
BMW M4 Coupe (500PP SS version)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5)´04 (500PP SS)
Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (500PP SS)
Honda NSX-R '02
Honda S2000
Lamborghini Gallardo (500PP SS)
Lotus Elise 111R '04 (based off of the 450pp version)
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02 (Aero Kit Version) (550PP SS) - (Reduced to 500PP SH)
Mazda RX-8 Tyre S '07 (Aero Package Version) (500PP SH)
Nissan GT-R '07 (500PP SS)
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec (R33) '97 (500PP SH)
Renault Megane R.S. Trophy '11 (Seasonal Setup) (460PP CS Tyres- SH Tyres put on)
Scion FR-S '12 (450PP SH)
Tesla Roadster '08 (Seasonal Setup) (477PP SH)
Volvo C30 R-Design '09 (Unused FITT entry - 470PP SH)
+Any Ferrari at 500PP range...

A-Spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge (600PP RH)

Audi R10 TDI Stealth Model (600PP RH)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) LM Race Car '06 (650PP RH - Detuned to 600PP)
Honda HSV-010 Gt Base Model '12 (600PP RH)
Honda NSX GT500 Stealth Model (600PP RH)
Lotus Elise Race Car '96 (Seasonal Setup) (530PP RH - Fully upgrade power parts to reach 560PP, Change Final gear to 3.650)
Nissan GT-R GT500 Stealth Model (600PP RH)
TVR Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car ‘00 (600PP RH)

Last edited:
A-Spec Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (450PP SH)
Nissan Skyline GTS 25 type S (R32) (PP400) BHP 195 win with gab to #2 with 15.375 sec
A-Spec Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (500PP SS)
Chervolet Corvette Z06 (C5)´04 (PP500) BHP 346 took the lead on lap 2

A-Spec Expert Level Racing Car Challenge (600PP RH)
Honda HSV-010 Gt Base Model ´12 (P 600) BHP 554

All cars are driving with tunes from @shaunm80

All races are easy wins with his tunes .

Here we go : Beginner Event can be won with all your 450 PP Cars easy and the Intermedidate Event is also easy to win with the good 500 PP Cars ( Hond NSX, Nissan GT-R , Lambo Gallardo , Ferraris , BMW M3 and M4.........) The Expert Event at Laguna Seca can be won with your GT 500 Stealth Models ( Honda NSX and Nissan GT-R ) from Page 58 if the TS030 is not the Rabbit :) ..... Super GT Cars are faster than Touring or GT3 Cars and the 2J is very fast ( Laps 1:18..no wonder)

Looks like our medium(@chrisspeed281 ) got his wish yet again. Truth be told, i had hoped to see some sort of racing car event as well since my garage is filled with all kinds of fire breathing race cars in that pp bracket.

As for the other two events i have a basic idea of what to use.

450pp:Normal

Ferrari Dino is definitely going to get to stretch it's legs.
Lotus Elise (111R '04 and the Elise '11 full aero)
Honda NSX-R '02

And for good measure i'm going to use my own Renaultsport Clio V6 '00
Maybe even a Lancia Stratos for some giggles.

-----------------------------------------

500pp:Normal

BMW M4(regular) gonna keep it as is which means i'll be using SH instead of SS
Honda NSX-R '02
Some of the C.O.T.M Maserati's i tested a while back
Honda S2000
Lotus Elise 111R '04 (based off of the 450pp version)

And one of my own tunes.
Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 (the one i used on the Sierra TT a while back)

-------------------------------------------

So now you know what i'll be using.

:cheers:

All lists updated. I have so far used the Subaru BRZ S '12 and the BMW M4 Coupe on SS tyres for very easy wins. I think my driving skill is going on GT6 though. I keep trying to the the R1 paddle for braking as the PS4 controller is different for those driving games and I keep missing my braking zone.. I think its about time I started to emulate my PS3 controller and maybe I will become faster in the process. :)

All lists updated. I have so far used the Subaru BRZ S '12 and the BMW M4 Coupe on SS tyres for very easy wins. I think my driving skill is going on GT6 though. I keep trying to the the R1 paddle for braking as the PS4 controller is different for those driving games and I keep missing my braking zone.. I think its about time I started to emulate my PS3 controller and maybe I will become faster in the process. :)
You can add Mazda Roadster '07 for both 450 and 500 for cake walk wins. I'm refining the tune for 500 on mine before I post them. I had the lead in the 450 beginner race lap 2 just after the jump and that's prolly due to my spin out in the second hair pin on the first lap :lol: what I got over zealous and tried to pass two cars in one turn. and the intermediates races i am taking the lead on lap 3 into 4 on the front straight. 👍

I hate to admit it, but I'm having a blast driving the VIZIV GT VGT around Laguna lol. I've made some adjustments to incorporate better rotation on this seemingly FF racer, but it seems to follow the "point and shoot" method quite well. I've only achieved bronze so far with the VIZIV, but its a blast nonetheless. I'm sure someone with faster hands could gold this event against the McLaren F1 GTR-BMW with your tune on this track

@Otaliema

I've tested your ZZII tune and have some results for you.

A bit of a wierd setup tbh. That resulted in a car that seemed unsure about what it wants to do. Didn't respond as well as i'd like due to 2 major things. Firstly: The gearbox.. The spread was all over the place. That meant it was close to impossible to be on the right gear at the right place. This caused major understeer where one don't need nor want understeer. Then the LSD. That caused some oversteer that if you're not careful, it will catch you off guard. I felt that this car was out for blood. My blood!

Nevertheless, i managed to take it by the scruff of it's neck and force it into submision so to speak. Took me a good 5-6 laps to work out what the car wanted. At the end of it all i slammed in a solid time of 1:58.924.

I'm sure i could bring the time down further if the car was more balanced.

So in conclusion: It's a car that requires alot from it's driver. When you understand the car it will reward you with a solid time that'll put a big smile on your face. The tune is definitely capable of fast times no doubt about that.

It just has some wrinkles that needs to be sorted.

:cheers:

@LordJCS Thank you sir, the gearing eh? I can fix that I'll watch some of the higher up replays and note speed at each section of the track.
The idea behind the car as you figured out was to brake it to the apex and slam the gas and the car will just spin around. Based on what you and @cbarbosa have said I need to rework the LSD a bit and smooth out the weight transfer.
Thank you much

@Soren Jacquet that's a fun way to drive if you can control the car :D *i can't control them sideways for the record*

I had some fun my self
ITP0OTQuZLvod5nQAY_0.jpg

winning by the bumper gaurd by 0.009 seconds :D
Classy win indeed. good thing we get military paint from PD to make that thing look even more military. :)

Going sideways with a Clio V6 24V ´00 on Cape RingView attachment 271971
A drifting Renault. Not surprising that thing has got excellent rotation. The engine is in the right place for a start.

I hate to admit it, but I'm having a blast driving the VIZIV GT VGT around Laguna lol. I've made some adjustments to incorporate better rotation on this seemingly FF racer, but it seems to follow the "point and shoot" method quite well. I've only achieved bronze so far with the VIZIV, but its a blast nonetheless. I'm sure someone with faster hands could gold this event against the McLaren F1 GTR-BMW with your tune on this track

Im not overly sold on this particular vision GT car. It seems a little too odd. I mean, FF on a 4wd system.. what the... but besides from that. I think I got the most of the tune for the moment. Hopefully they can resolve the 4wd system issue and then Ill do a even better tune for it. :)

Im not overly sold on this particular vision GT car. It seems a little too odd. I mean, FF on a 4wd system.. what the... but besides from that. I think I got the most of the tune for the moment. Hopefully they can resolve the 4wd system issue and then Ill do a even better tune for it. :)
Agreed I tossed a tune on it got it spinning on a dime but it has no lap time cause I can't keep the wheels from lighting up like a torchlight. I'm hoping the FF but is a bug or a miss program on Subarus part.

Amuse S2000 Street Version '04

449PP

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.428
2nd 2.666
3rd 2.156
4th 1.786
5th 1.509
6th 1.315
Set final gear to 3.650
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

Building now, the gear ratios do not match from 4th gear below... :)

Tested with default gearbox:

IB License Tuned Car Festival (650PP SS) Cape Ring Winner! 👍

A true pilot car. Tested on Sports Hard, fun to drive, but a great level of concentration is needed.

Great job! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Peugeot 206 CC '01
(Painted in Iris Red Pearl)

400PP
165 BHP
1060kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45

Sports Hard Tyres

Beginner Level NRC Challenge 450PP Cape Ring Winner! 👍

Easy win. The hairdresser at his best... :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------

Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V-spec (R33) '97

500PP
383 BHP
1265kgs
Weight Distribution 53:47

Sports Hard Tyres

Used Sports Hard

Intermediate Level NRC 500PP Alpricot Seasonal Winner! 👍

Easy win. Just be caution on the final lap for an increase of speed from the AI... :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

TVR Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car ‘00

600PP
580 BHP
885kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Racing Hard Tyres

Expert Level RC 600PP Laguna Seca Seasonal Winner! 👍

Easy win! More then enough for it... :)

Last edited:
Building now, the gear ratios do not match from 4th gear below... :)

Tested with default gearbox:

IB License Tuned Car Festival (650PP SS) Cape Ring Winner! 👍

A true pilot car. Tested on Sports Hard, fun to drive, but a great level of concentration is needed.

Great job! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Beginner Level NRC Challenge 450PP Cape Ring Winner! 👍

Easy win. The hairdresser at his best... :lol:

------------------------------------------------------------

Used Sports Hard

Intermediate Level NRC 500PP Alpricot Seasonal Winner! 👍

Easy win. Just be caution on the final lap for an increase of speed from the AI... :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

Expert Level RC 600PP Laguna Seca Seasonal Winner! 👍

Easy win! More then enough for it... :)
Thank you for that. All these cars have been added to the list.

Nice win in the TVR. That car is epic in many ways. Also, glad the hairdresser car is doing its business well. Did you paint it pink for full effect? :)

Nice win in the TVR. That car is epic in many ways.

Indeed.

Also, glad the hairdresser car is doing its business well. Did you paint it pink for full effect? :)

Off course! ;)

Gemasolar.jpg

EDIT:

Went even lower:

Ford Ka ‘01

350PP
103 BHP
900kgs
Weight Distribution 56:44

Comfort Medium Tyres

Beginner Level NRC 450PP Cape Ring Seasonal Winner! 👍

:sly: :lol:

DSC_0008.JPG

Last edited:
@cbarbosa - 350PP CM.. That is impressive.. you must have pushed that car to the limits!

Strangely the car fitted perfectly on the race/track, the only issue was the low HP, had to block the Camaro for 2 laps... :crazy:

Was leader on lap 3... Lovely little car, even on CM no understeer and very agile... And the little Turbo sound is so fun! :lol:

👍

PS: Was curious about the Zonda LM for a long time, so bought and almost stock into the seasonal. Drives really nice... Always knew it was a great car...

Honda NSX Type R '02 (Seasonal Setup)

450PP
Power 240BHP
Weight 1200kgs
Weight Dist 49:51

Tyres Comfort Soft

NO Oil Chanage

FC Sus
F/R
95/100
7.50/7.70
5/5
4/4
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
5/3

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.391
2nd 2.618
3rd 2.103
4th 1.729
5th 1.460
6th 1.262
Set final gear to 3.550

FC Mech LSD
8/12/5
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power to 82.8%
DO NOT change oil.

Weight Reduction Stage 2
Ballast set 96kgs to position -50

Time set after 1 lap. 1.37.689 (gold achieved very easily with this tune)
TCS = 1 ABS = 1 (all other aids turned off)

View attachment 166646

View attachment 111212

Beginner seasonal winner just put sh on instead of cs I think the gearbox needs looking at though values didn't match??

Fastest lap 1.40.7xx

Wicked tune @shaunm80

Latest Posts

Back