Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Hi @shaunm80 Welcome back. The new Seasonals are not easy. especially the Drift Event. 50+ tries before i got gold with the BMW M4 Coupe (Page 152) and i did Gold at Suzuka 10 Laps with the Furai , BMW V12 and TS030 (one pitstop with Ts030 and Furai with only IM Tires and two stops with the BMW V12 ) Good luck for your attempts :)

I have started to tune up the new vision GT car. The Mazda is coming along nicely and already, with a half done tune, it is achieving a 1.44 around Silverstone GP circuit. I reckon I can shave out a few more seconds by the time I perfect the turn in and mid corner handling characteristics. This should be one amazing car for all higher PP race car events in the future.

To my usual thread testers. I have a few cars in the CoTM thread and if you have time, a review would be great. Also, if you have additional time, a review of the other tuners work would be great too. I for one would be grateful, as would @Bowtie-muscle.

If you only manage to test one car/tune and leave a review that would be awesome. On a positive note, a lot of great tunes end up in that thread, not just mine but from other tuners as well, so you may find a tune which you really gel with and decide to use for certain tracks.

I suspect that @TurnLeft already has plans in motion to cause us tuners pains and groans when he gives us challenges to do but we don't care as its mostly (and i mean mostly) fun! Out of interest. @LordJCS - Did you try that challenge that I was set in last months CoTM, if so, what time did you manage to achieve?

(@cbarbosa - you are exempt as you have already reviewed these cars -well nearly all of them- already)

Last edited:
Hey @shaunm80

I had a go at the "Flintstone" event.. Yikes!! It was like driving a stick of butter in a piping hot skillet. I ended up with a mid 1:49, just barely though...

Never doing that again unless i have direct access to a destilery. One has to be either drunk as a skunk or mentally unstable to take that on more than once.

A new C.O.T.M event you say?

Hey @shaunm80

I had a go at the "Flintstone" event.. Yikes!! It was like driving a stick of butter in a piping hot skillet. I ended up with a mid 1:49, just barely though...

Never doing that again unless i have direct access to a destilery. One has to be either drunk as a skunk or mentally unstable to take that on more than once.

Oh yes, and I think you will like this one.. It is a boat load of R33 tunes... I recall you saying that you were an R33 fan. This one could be up your street :) Great time by the way... Way better than mine and very close to @TurnLeft as well. I think he set a 1.48.xx or something.

Oh yes, and I think you will like this one.. It is a boat load of R33 tunes... I recall you saying that you were an R33 fan. This one could be up your street :) Great time by the way... Way better than mine and very close to @TurnLeft as well. I think he set a 1.48.xx or something.

I am indeed a fan of the R33, for a bunch of reasons. It's engine and driveline are built like a tank. The ammount of abuse it can take is mind blowing.

Easily tuned into a fire breathing monster without too much effort. And a fun fact about that car is that is was banned in North America upon release, and still is to this day. Even the R34 is banned there as well.

From what i gathered it's because of a couple of issues. One is said to be poor scores in crash testing. Then there's the fact that it was really easy to make that engine pump out massive ammounts of power. There's a reason it's called "Godzilla".

But the main reason it's banned is because of Mercedes Benz North america. Yes you read it right.

There is plenty of info on the web about that.

A close friend of mine actually has one of these monsters. A lefthand drive R33 GT-R V-spec '95 with various power mods and a "400R Street kit( bodykit and wing) painted in Sonic silver. It's a proper head turner. It's safe to say i've had some nice experiences with that car.

Last edited:
I suspect that @TurnLeft already has plans in motion to cause us tuners pains and groans when he gives us challenges to do but we don't care as its mostly (and i mean mostly) fun! Out of interest. @LordJCS - Did you try that challenge that I was set in last months CoTM, if so, what time did you manage to achieve?

(@cbarbosa - you are exempt as you have already reviewed these cars -well nearly all of them- already)
I haven't had much time to give it any thought yet
thinking-016.gif
, but it will definitely be a little simpler for me
thinking-022.gif
, I've have a load of projects/things I want to finish and I need more hours a day to do them. One of the projects is a little gem that is going to demand a massive amount of time at least at the beginning to get it going, so I'll do as I always do and improvise
surprised-005.gif
. As for the challenges, if you have any ideas you are most welcomed to give them, I can't seem to think of anything new.
surprised-027.gif

Hey @shaunm80

Now that's a nice mental image you have of me
surprised-033.gif
, I usually use these to do the challenges,
drinking-58.gif
, you are welcomed to use them. Good time BTW.:cheers:

Nismo GT-R LM Road Going Version '95

500PP
358 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Distribution 57:43

Sports Hard Tyres/Sports Soft Tyres

Intermediate Level Alpricot NRC Seasonal Winner! 👍

Tested on Sports Hard.

Extreme competitive for 500PP. Due to the ability of use downforce, it has superior cornering ability/agility. Brake balance well organized, providing good balance on mild/hard braking. Fast stable and fun to drive. Using SS will allow drive it past the limits and achieving even easier wins.

Only noticed that the high weight (1300Kgs) hurts the car behaviour a tiny bit (on acceleration)...

👍 Great tune! :)

Nismo GT-R LM Road Going Version '95

550PP
515 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Distribution 57:43

Sports Soft Tyres

IB License Tuned Car Festival Race Alpricot (650PP) Winner! 👍

Incredibly competitive! Totally different from the 500PP. The turbo gives an amazing boost to it, but it also changes the car dynamics. It goes from a smooth road car (500PP) to a proper race car (550PP), translating in the need of being driven in pilot mode. Some caution in needed in low gear acceleration... Great agility and torque, a race car classified as a road legal...

Retains the same features of braking and stability from the 500PP, with an extra punch... :)

2nd version approved! :D

Last edited:
I haven't had much time to give it any thought yet
thinking-016.gif
, but it will definitely be a little simpler for me
thinking-022.gif
, I've have a load of projects/things I want to finish and I need more hours a day to do them. One of the projects is a little gem that is going to demand a massive amount of time at least at the beginning to get it going, so I'll do as I always do and improvise
surprised-005.gif
. As for the challenges, if you have any ideas you are most welcomed to give them, I can't seem to think of anything new.
surprised-027.gif

Now that's a nice mental image you have of me
surprised-033.gif
, I usually use these to do the challenges,
drinking-58.gif
, you are welcomed to use them. Good time BTW.:cheers:

Believe it or not, i wasn't referring to you at any point in that post.

It was quite the experience though, sliding around Laguna Seca in a stick of butter, i'll give you that.

Scirocco GT24 (Volkswagon Motorsport) '08

500PP
366 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Change Oil
Racing Hard tyres

FC Sus
60/60
10.50/17.00
6/6
5/5
3/4
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.20 (Non-changeable on screen)

Racing Brake Kit
7/6

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.576
2nd 2.030
3rd 1.584
4th 1.303
5th 1.115
6th 0.988
Set final gear to 2.750

FC LSD
12/16/22

Set power limiter to 98.0%
Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
all other power parts standard

Downforce
150/300
Ballast - Set 30kgs to Position 30

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car suspensive does not yet you change the Toe angle which makes the turning a little bit jerky at times through sharp corners. It does have good handling through long corners though.

Edit 2/3/14 - Tune has been revised slightly. Suspension and LSD have been adjusted to make the steering less jerky. Feels smoother to drive now.

View attachment 121554

IA Class, 550 PP WTCC (max.: 600 PP),
Grand Valley Speedway, RH or less

Grand Valley Speedway.jpg

Lap 5 - The Winning Overtake

* Tuner's settings. No aids, ABS: 1.

👍

Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo

710PP
--- BHP
---kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
43/43
19.25/19.20
6/5
5/5
2/3
1.2/0.8
-0.04/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
Reset to Default
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 3.861
2nd 2.928
3rd 2.261
4th 1.801
5th 1.453
6th 1.211
7th 1.034
8th 0.911
Set final gear to 3.245
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
F/R
10/12
14/18
10/12

Set power limiter to 100.0%

Downforce
F/R
600/800

This tune is designed for slow in, fast out approach. If you over cook a corner, you will slide off the track. The tyres hardly ever go orange/red colour on cornering so the tyre wear should be very good with this tune. I hope you enjoy this car.

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
AC Cars 427 S/C '66

550PP
569 BHP
1125kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
94/92
9.50/8.50
5/8
4/7
2/4
2.8/3.5
-0.02/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
Reset to Default
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.498
2nd 2.646
3rd 2.025
4th 1.650
5th 1.412
Set final gear to 2.420

FC LSD
8/10/10
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.2%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - Set 37kgs to Position -50

Im not going to lie, this car was not meant to be fully tamed, the amount of oversteer I had to overcome to make this car manageable was unbelievable. It has become a semi pilot car/semi easy to drive car. Basically, it is a fun car which if you can master its tendencies, will repay you with great lap times, otherwise it will just kill you if you push it too far. Either way, your heading towards the pearly gates happy. Enjoy :)

Apricot Hill Raceway.jpg

Apricot Hill Raceway_1.jpg

You have been busy today. All those CoTM reviews and an outing with this amazing machine.

:lol:... Decided to reserve a few hours today to GT6... During week it's impossible...

I look forward to seeing what you think of it :)

Gonna build/test now, just can't decide where. Spa is one of my favourite tracks, but Le Mans is more demanding to the car (better test/feedback...)

Double post, different subject:

710PP
--- BHP
---kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

Super License 24M of Le Mans Winner! 👍

Fantastic tune! Tyre wear is flawless, never went below 10 on all 4 tyres! :eek: The car is a grip machine on rain and dry, huge top speed...

If only the fuel comsuption was that good... It's a sponge!

The real problem is the track itself, being the most bumpy of the game it ruins the driving experience, since the car suspension does no like it at all... It throws the car arround and on the fast corners causes unwanted understeer...

Under heavy braking (after big straights) , the rear tends to loose a bit, maybe it's related to BB...

Next - test on 24M Spa

EDIT:

Super License 24M Spa Francorchamps Winner! 👍

3rd place lapped! Guess it says it all... :D

The tyre wear was a bit higher, mainly because it has more curves, but the smooth surface makes it glide... It seems I was playing Wipeout! :lol:

Under heavy braking (after big straights) , the rear tends to loose a bit, maybe it's related to BB... - also verified here...

Last edited:
Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model '12

450PP
255 BHP
1075kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Racing Hard Tyres (Also works with SS Tyres)

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
90/95
15.00/19.50
6/5
5/6
2/5
1.5/3.5
-0.50/1.00

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.741
2nd 2.163
3rd 1.709
4th 1.399
5th 1.191
6th 1.052
Set final gear to 4.130

FC LSD
10/15/22
(For SS Tyres use settings 12/16/20)
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 97.4%
Sports Computer
Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Downforce
F/R
150/300
Ballast - Set 40kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

View attachment 177043
View attachment 177044

IA, Super GT300, 550 PP, RH
Deep Forest Raceway

Deep Forest Raceway.jpg

The last corner - The Black Beauty Win (after heeeavy fighting)

Original settings, excepting the notes (*)
*No Aids, ABS: 1, RH tires
*Turbo removed, Engine Stage 2 added, PL: 96.7% (450 PP)
*Downforce: 120/200 (default)

Great car! 👍

710PP
--- BHP
---kgs

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
43/43
19.25/19.20
6/5
5/5
2/3
1.2/0.8
-0.04/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
Reset to Default
Set final gear to 5.500
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 3.861
2nd 2.928
3rd 2.261
4th 1.801
5th 1.453
6th 1.211
7th 1.034
8th 0.911
Set final gear to 3.245
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
F/R
10/12
14/18
10/12

Set power limiter to 100.0%

Downforce
F/R
600/800

This tune is designed for slow in, fast out approach. If you over cook a corner, you will slide off the track. The tyres hardly ever go orange/red colour on cornering so the tyre wear should be very good with this tune. I hope you enjoy this car.

View attachment 284386
View attachment 284387
View attachment 284388

Shaun,
I tested your tune in the Suzuka Survival Seasonal which put me up against the dreaded Satoshi Motoyama who can run the whole darn race on one set of tires if he wants to..

Needless to say, the car won easily with a fast first and second lap, 01:55 which is identical to the friendly 787B, my fave "go to" machine. Then, since Satoshi carried on with Race soft on lap 3, so did I, which is where the 4X4 really shines and any tuning flaws would be in evidence with over 60% H2O No Excursions!! I pitted with Satoshi for Intermediates and carried on still in the the lead on lap 5. The track was down to Zero H2O on lap 8 with clear skies, so I pitted for Race Soft and cruised to the finish for a total time of 21:44 with two pits. I like testing under race conditions and the 1:55, charging through the pack is realistic enough with ABS=1 and TCS = off to make the test valid for racing conditions. Most of the wet laps were around 2:02 to 2:05.

Thank you for the lovely tune, and speaking as a geezer@ 71, I will definitely add this car to my quiver, right alongside the 787B.
Cheers, Pete

IA Class, 550 PP WTCC (max.: 600 PP),
Grand Valley Speedway, RH or less

View attachment 284085

Lap 5 - The Winning Overtake

* Tuner's settings. No aids, ABS: 1.

👍
Nice win indeed. VW know how to make a good race car.

Double post, different subject:

Super License 24M of Le Mans Winner! 👍

Fantastic tune! Tyre wear is flawless, never went below 10 on all 4 tyres! :eek: The car is a grip machine on rain and dry, huge top speed...

If only the fuel comsuption was that good... It's a sponge!

The real problem is the track itself, being the most bumpy of the game it ruins the driving experience, since the car suspension does no like it at all... It throws the car arround and on the fast corners causes unwanted understeer...

Under heavy braking (after big straights) , the rear tends to loose a bit, maybe it's related to BB...

Next - test on 24M Spa

EDIT:

Super License 24M Spa Francorchamps Winner! 👍

3rd place lapped! Guess it says it all... :D

The tyre wear was a bit higher, mainly because it has more curves, but the smooth surface makes it glide... It seems I was playing Wipeout! :lol:

Under heavy braking (after big straights) , the rear tends to loose a bit, maybe it's related to BB... - also verified here...
Impressive. I still have to do these races so I may utilise this car to do them. What BB would you suggest to make it less loose on hard braking?

IA, Super GT300, 550 PP, RH
Deep Forest Raceway

View attachment 285353
The last corner - The Black Beauty Win (after heeeavy fighting)

Original settings, excepting the notes (*)
*No Aids, ABS: 1, RH tires
*Turbo removed, Engine Stage 2 added, PL: 96.7% (450 PP)
*Downforce: 120/200 (default)

Great car! 👍
A david vs goliath car this one is. Very small, but nimble enough to compete with the big boys. :)

Shaun,
I tested your tune in the Suzuka Survival Seasonal which put me up against the dreaded Satoshi Motoyama who can run the whole darn race on one set of tires if he wants to..

Needless to say, the car won easily with a fast first and second lap, 01:55 which is identical to the friendly 787B, my fave "go to" machine. Then, since Satoshi carried on with Race soft on lap 3, so did I, which is where the 4X4 really shines and any tuning flaws would be in evidence with over 60% H2O No Excursions!! I pitted with Satoshi for Intermediates and carried on still in the the lead on lap 5. The track was down to Zero H2O on lap 8 with clear skies, so I pitted for Race Soft and cruised to the finish for a total time of 21:44 with two pits. I like testing under race conditions and the 1:55, charging through the pack is realistic enough with ABS=1 and TCS = off to make the test valid for racing conditions. Most of the wet laps were around 2:02 to 2:05.

Thank you for the lovely tune, and speaking as a geezer@ 71, I will definitely add this car to my quiver, right alongside the 787B.
Cheers, Pete
Glad you like this tune. It seems to be quite versatile throughout the PP range. Should make it an easy winner for future race car seasonal events hopefully.

Impressive. I still have to do these races so I may utilise this car to do them.

👍 TY! :) It will be an easy win...

What BB would you suggest to make it less loose on hard braking?

Maybe on the same pace (5/6) increase to 6/7? What do you think? This happened more while raining...

I can do a test on the Mazda only to the BB, but I can only do it on the weekend, and then leave you some feedback... 👍

Updated Seasonal Events (8/1/15)

P1010138.JPG

It appears that normal viewing has resumed with the seasonal events. So in spirit on this, I will start to ask once again what tunes you used to successfully get gold on the events below. I will add them to the list and hopefully it may help others find a gold tune for these events. Many thanks as always.

Non-Race Cars and Tuned Cars Super Lap (600PP SS)
KTM X-BOW Street '12 (600PP SS)
Maserati GranTurismo S '08 (600PP SS)
Nissan GT-R Black edition '12 (600PP SS)
Nissan GT-R Black Mask '07 (600PP SS)
Nissan GT-R Nismo '14 (600PP SS)
Tommykaira ZZll ´00 (600PP SS)

Rally Car Super Lap (550PP Snow)

Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Rally Tune - Snow/Dirt Tyres)

Non-Race Car Drift Trial
BMW M4 M Performance Edition (Drift Setup)

Race Car Drift Trial
Toyota 86 "Racing" '13 (Drift Setup)

Last edited:
Back