Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
At 570pp this car is still a beast!! Got gold in 3 laps with this monster. So.much.power. around Tsukuba. Tightend rear springs and switched the front/rear RH to encourage more understeer and lowered lsd accel to reduce wheelspin. I'm sure this tune is good for .52's in the right handsView attachment 289389
Oh. My. God. Is that a wing on the back of that Miura?! That's like painting a mustache on the Mona Lisa! :D :boggled: :P

A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 15/1/15)

Id just like to say tanks for all the support that you guys still give for this thread. It appears that all my electric cars may have a serious outing in this weeks events, Just don't get hit by the tank weaponry as it will spill corrosive acid all over the tarmac and that isn't very green to the environment at all.

Let me know what tunes you have used from this thread and ill update the list below for everyone else :)

P1000166.JPG

Beginner Level "E" Race (450PP SH)
Honda CRZ '10 (400PP CS)
Tesla Roadster '08 (Seasonal Setup)
Toyota Aqua S '11 (350PP CM)

Intermediate Level Classic Muscle Car Race (550PP SS)
Chevrolet El Camino SS 396 '67 (550PP SS)
Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniversary Edition '66 (550PP SS) - This car is a lot of fun on this track :)
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71 (500PP SS)

Expert Level Dirt Trial (500PP Dirt Tyres)
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Rally Tune - Dirt Tyres) (550PP DT - Remove Turbo and detune Power limiter to reach 500PP)

Last edited:
These seasonals were a breeze.

Used a Tesla Roadster for the E-race. Pretty much stock except for a slight de-tune on the power limiter and soft racing suspension.

Muscle car event was done with a GT40 '66 tuned to 500pp.

The rally event was done with a Suzuki SX4 rally car with a slight power upgrade. Engine tune stage 2 i believe. 70kg of ballast and a powerlimiter tweak to make the car fit the regulations.

Beginner Level "E" Race (450PP SH)
Honda CRZ ´10 (356PP CM)

Intermediate Level Classic Muscle Car Race (550PP SS)
Pontiac Firebird Trans Am ´78 (545PP SH)
Chervolet El Camino SS 396 ´67 (550PP SS)
Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack ´71 (542PP SH)
Chervrolet Camaro Z28 ´69 (527PP SS)

Expert Level Dirt Trial (500PP Dirt Tyres)
Subaru Impreza Rally Car ´03 (shaunm80´s Tune)
Mittsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car ´03 (500PP detunet)
Quattro S1 Rally Car ´86 (550PP) Spicke Snow Tyres)

Last edited:
Well , i comfirm the Honda CRZ can win the E-Race and for the Muscle Car Event i used the Plymouth Cuda 440 (Tune is at Page 108) . The Rally Event i won with all my Racecars ( Audi S1, Ford Focus WRX, Citroen C4 WRX, Mitsu Evo Super Rally Car) All Events seems to be easy :)

This is the one you used for the Tsukuba event? If so then there's something not right with that tune.

Engine stage 3 brings the power and PP up way to high for the regulations.

Just curious, that's all.
Found out it should be Engine stage 1 insted

Toyota Aqua S '11

350PP
108 BHP
1020kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45

Comfort Medium Tyres

FC Sus
F/R
115/120
5.25/3.00
4/5
4/4
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.04/0.02

Racing Brake Kit (why not eh)
6/7

Standard Transmission (how exciting!)

FC LSD
10/16/20
Twin Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 99.5%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
(not sure why on an electric car)
all other parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 107kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This car isn't very loud, it isn't very fast, it isn't really that exciting either. Have I sold you on it yet? Thought not..

Note: It does win on the Electric Car Challenge. One plus point to all of the negatives!

View attachment 124669

Settings used:
  • Cockpit view, No Aids, ABS: 0, BB: 5/10
  • Brake: Standard
  • Specs Untouched
A-Spec Beginner Level “E” Race
Eiger Nordwand Short Track, 3 Laps
Normal cars, 450PP or less, Sports Hard or less

Eiger Nordwand Short Track.jpg

Last meters (:)) winning overtake. (Tyres - Comfort: Hard)

Very good car, Shaun. 👍

AC Cars 427 S/C '66

550PP
569 BHP
1125kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension

F/R
94/92
9.50/8.50
5/8
4/7
2/4
2.8/3.5
-0.02/0.00

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
Reset to Default
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.498
2nd 2.646
3rd 2.025
4th 1.650
5th 1.412
Set final gear to 2.420

FC LSD
8/10/10
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.2%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Semi Racing Exhaust
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - Set 37kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Im not going to lie, this car was not meant to be fully tamed, the amount of oversteer I had to overcome to make this car manageable was unbelievable. It has become a semi pilot car/semi easy to drive car. Basically, it is a fun car which if you can master its tendencies, will repay you with great lap times, otherwise it will just kill you if you push it too far. Either way, your heading towards the pearly gates happy. Enjoy :)

View attachment 284389
View attachment 284390

Any chance to tune RUF BTR '86 ? The handling is about the same as this car but this BTR is damn fast after exit from corner. Love this mid '80 monster but hope you can 'cure' it .

Think I will go hunting on Tsukuba and try to find 0.112 sec I`m behind #1
NSX LM Road car ;) it's hard to keep it planted out of T3 and T6 but it's fast.

@shaunm80 may I barrow @LordJCS and your self *if you have the time* to give my first wheel tune a good shake down, you guys give great feedback on the tunes and I would love to get it with this one find out if I'm interrupting the feedback from the wheeel correctly.

@shaunm80 may I barrow @LordJCS and your self *if you have the time* to give my first wheel tune a good shake down, you guys give great feedback on the tunes and I would love to get it with this one find out if I'm interrupting the feedback from the wheeel correctly.
Maybe I should give that car a try . And Hope for the Best :)

Just out of curiosity. What kind of car are we talking about here?

Ford GT40 Mark I '66

@cbarbosa sorry forgot to tag you and ask for your feedback as well if you have the time.

Alright!! 👍 A true legend in racing. So yeah, i'm definitely up for a shakedown.

Shoot me with a PM with the tune details and i'll have a go at it. (unless you've already posted it somewhere)

Alright!! 👍 A true legend in racing. So yeah, i'm definitely up for a shakedown.

Shoot me with a PM with the tune details and i'll have a go at it. (unless you've already posted it somewhere)
Per the norm it's in my tune directory in my garage or in my sig under tunes.

Back