Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Ayrton Senna Kart

SennaKartImg2.jpg

SennaKartimg1.jpg

Karting arrived in Monaco
SennaKartimg3.jpg

Senna Lotus 97T

SennaLotusSeasonalimg1.jpg

SennaLotusSeasonal.jpg

I am in need of some advice/tips.

Senna Tribute on GT6

I currently have gold in the Senna Kart Challenge so that is done.

In the rest of the events, I currently have silver - Apart from learning how to use Manual Transmission effectively to gain 1-2 seconds with that. does anyone have any tips which helped them achieve gold with a DS3. I am struggling to get to the gold time required at the moment.

Last edited:
Man, I am in the same position. Have you progressed yet? I am struggling on brands hatch with the F3 trying to get a gold :/ I seriously can't find a way to shave that 0.046 off for It. Not tried for the gold with the F1 yet. Plus I use the directional buttons. I really need to get used to the stick, it seems wayy smoother.

Man, I am in the same position. Have you progressed yet? I am struggling on brands hatch with the F3 trying to get a gold :/ I seriously can't find a way to shave that 0.046 off for It. Not tried for the gold with the F1 yet. Plus I use the directional buttons. I really need to get used to the stick, it seems wayy smoother.
Im afraid I haven't played on it since yesterday afternoon. I will be having a go later on the F3 car and the F1 race to get closer to gold. If i find a way, ill let you know how I managed it.

Im afraid I haven't played on it since yesterday afternoon. I will be having a go later on the F3 car and the F1 race to get closer to gold. If i find a way, ill let you know how I managed it.
The F3 test is at Brands Indy? Have you had a look at the video posted in the main page for any hints?

The F3 test is at Brands Indy? Have you had a look at the video posted in the main page for any hints?
I haven't as yet but I think I may. See what others are doing to get gold. Thanks for letting me know about the video there.

Edit: Down to a 0.43.515 - Watching that video helped with the lines but I can not seem to get the fastest line through the first corner or the last corner which is costing me the 0.4 of a second which I need. grrr.

Last edited:
Contoller Sensitive to -1 makes it a little easier for me but still only Bronze so far
You'll get to silver eventually. I am now consistently getting between 43.5 and 43.8 every lap. Which is getting tedious. My best tip I've got so far is not to use the breaks a millisecond more than you need to. this scrubs off too much speed when you go into the fast corners and straights.

You'll get to silver eventually. I am now consistently getting between 43.5 and 43.8 every lap. Which is getting tedious. My best tip I've got so far is not to use the breaks a millisecond more than you need to. this scrubs off too much speed when you go into the fast corners and straights.
Work on getting a flow around the course. Sometimes if you go slower you'll actually go faster. Try sacrificing corner entry a little to benefit corner exit.

I haven't as yet but I think I may. See what others are doing to get gold. Thanks for letting me know about the video there.

Edit: Down to a 0.43.515 - Watching that video helped with the lines but I can not seem to get the fastest line through the first corner or the last corner which is costing me the 0.4 of a second which I need. grrr.

I will check that video out. Yeah it is the first corner that I know is holding me back, I just can't seem to get it right at all. I was up for ages doing it yesterday, (lost count how much) gave up and tried monza with the Lotus and golded that pretty quick. The time is not too bad on that. Just break right before the corner, (as the breaks are pretty good and sharp), roll around/over them then put your foot down again ASAP. Do that race if the F3 gets you down. It makes you feel better :)

I am just going to try it again in a sec. By the way what traction and ABS settings are you using?

And yeah You lose so much time with slightest mistimed break.

I will check that video out. Yeah it is the first corner that I know is holding me back, I just can't seem to get it right at all. I was up for ages doing it yesterday, (lost count how much) gave up and tried monza with the Lotus and golded that pretty quick. The time is not too bad on that. Just break right before the corner, (as the breaks are pretty good and sharp), roll around/over them then put your foot down again ASAP. Do that race if the F3 gets you down. It makes you feel better :)

I am just going to try it again in a sec. By the way what traction and ABS settings are you using?

And yeah You lose so much time with slightest mistimed break.
I flutter between TCS 4 and 5 and ABS is set to 2 for the F3 race for me. I find that if I'm in the grove, I can use TCS 4 pretty good. When I'm not quite on it, TCS 5 gives me the extra grip for acceleration at the hairpin bend which helps for the fast flowing section before the final corner(s)

Ok , i have already got the gold at all the senna challenges and , it is not easy
Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10

550PP
558 BHP
1400kgs
Weight Dist 50:50

Change Oil

Sports Soft Tyres

FC Sus

F/R
95/95
11.00/13.75
5/6
6/6
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.04

Racing Braking Kit
8/7

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124 mph
1st 2.609
2nd 2.009
3rd 1.613
4th 1.315
5th 1.109
6th 0.971
Set final gear to 2.600

FC LSD
10/12/16
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 96.8%
Engine Tuning Stage 3

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast -
Set 55kgs to Position 25

This car needs no aero kit or wheel changes to make it look amazing. It already has the looks stock. Tinkered with the suspension and power to make it a little more lively and corner better.

19/3/14 Revised suspension settings to make the rear end looser. Handles really well for a 550PP car.

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1. All other aids turned off.

View attachment 111153

A little slow in acceleration in 1° gear , but is a nice car , good job (ps: not for slow tracks such as Matterhorn XD)

Ok , i have already got the gold at all the senna challenges and , it is not easy

A little slow in acceleration in 1° gear , but is a nice car , good job (ps: not for slow tracks such as Matterhorn XD)
I wouldn't imagine this car going round matterhorn unless it was a car cruise. This car certainly has too much power for that track. I love the looks of this car and the way that it handles itself on the track. Has a nice feeling to it.

If you have not gotten gold yet, try turning off TCS.

BTW - your tunes work with TCS 0 for me. Thanks for sharing!

If you have not gotten gold yet, try turning off TCS.

BTW - your tunes work with TCS 0 for me. Thanks for sharing!
TCS- 0 is fine with my tunes, I tune with TCS 1 for myself really. I find it easier and quicker to tune the cars with this aid knowing that when it is complete, I can turn TCS off completely and it will still feel the same. I shall try turning off the TCS and see if that helps me get gold. Thanks.

Just got 42.874. Man that was hard. I basically went out wide as poss on the first corner took my finger off the accelerator so i was rolling a bit and lined the car up so i have a better more straight line of vision on the decent which i could really put my foot down on. Then the corner directly after that, not so much as wide but enough so you can essentially do the same thing and i started accelerating half way through the "corner" so you come out of it really starting to get some power back. Those where the two most important corners. Then the very last turn, apex the one just before that, and then i followed the racing line on the last Bit. hope this helps.

Edit: traction 0 ABS 0
Edit: I did not apex that bit. I ignored the line and just went around it normally while slightly taking my finger off the accelerate.

Last edited:
Just got 42.874. Man that was hard. I basically went out wide as poss on the first corner took my finger off the accelerator so i was rolling a bit and lined the car up so i have a good straight line of vision on the decent which i could really put my foot down on. Then the corner directly after that, not so much as wide but enough so you can essentially do the same thing and i started accelerating half way through the "corner" so you come out of it really starting to get some power back. Those where the two most important corners. Then the very last turn, apex the one just before that (when you are on the two short quick turns at the end) and i followed the racing line on the next part. Hope this helps

Edit: traction 0 ABS 0
I am going to try it your way. I turned TCS down to 3 and ABS to 1 and i am finding the right lines now, just gotta keep each sector smooth and consistent. I can see a gold time if I can link up my three best sectors in the same lap. That there is my challenge.

I am going to try it your way. I turned TCS down to 3 and ABS to 1 and i am finding the right lines now, just gotta keep each sector smooth and consistent. I can see a gold time if I can link up my three best sectors in the same lap. That there is my challenge.
Yeah just keep at it, i tried it god knows how many times. That is exactly it, you have to be perfect through all sections, and the hardest thing is putting it all together. i was averaging 43.3 to 43.45 before i starting going out wide (I must have got lucky with the random 43.186 that i did yesterday but i could not get near it this morning) it defo helps if you can find the right angles because it opens up the track for you to accelerate out of better and eventually go around with more speed which is key on a track that is fairly wide on which you are driving this kind of car on.

Last edited:
Yeah just keep at it, i tried it god knows how many times. That is exactly it, you have to be perfect through all sections, and the hardest thing is putting it all together. i was averaging 43.3 to 43.45 before i starting going out wide (I must have got lucky with the random 43.186 that i did yesterday but i could not get near it this morning) it defo helps if you can find the right angles because it opens up the track for you to accelerate out of better and eventually go around with more speed which is key on a track that is fairly wide on which you are driving this kind of car on.
Well, the update is that with TCS and ABS both set to 0 and a lot of restarts due to running off the track on either the first or the last corner, I am now at 43.3ish. Honestly, the F3 car is just designed to test our patience and I think my pad is nearly on its last legs, it didn't feel as responsive as it should by the end of that stint. I think I'm going to leave the Senna challenge for another day now. Darn thing.

Well, the update is that with TCS and ABS both set to 0 and a lot of restarts due to running off the track on either the first or the last corner, I am now at 43.3ish. Honestly, the F3 car is just designed to test our patience and I think my pad is nearly on its last legs, it didn't feel as responsive as it should by the end of that stint. I think I'm going to leave the Senna challenge for another day now. Darn thing.
ABS 0 is bravery with a DS3 :scared:

Its actually easier to drive the F3 car without any aids. The mechanical grip the car has when you hit the right lines is more than enough and you don't really need brakes for the challenge, they slow you down far too much.

ABS 0 is bravery with a DS3 :scared:
Thats the F3 challenge done. Finally achieved a 42.910. Id been hitting perfect 1st corner and hair pin corners for lap after lap. Finally nailed the fastest line in the long final corner. Talk about hard work! Now, time to set upon the F1 cars to get gold there.

Never doubted you Shaun. Well done mate :cheers:

Huge relief huh :D

Now enjoy controlling the black & gold beast :mischievous:

Never doubted you Shaun. Well done mate :cheers:

Huge relief huh :D

Now enjoy controlling the black & gold beast :mischievous:
I think I shall leave that pleasure (and i meant that sincerely) for another day. I really enjoy driving the F1 car. I have work this afternoon and currently getting up-to-date with some college work. Once I have cracked the other two races, my celebratory gift is going to be the 20 million credit Ferrari. I am now at 18.6 million credits thanks for Drift Seasonal and Senna.

Thats the F3 challenge done. Finally achieved a 42.910. Id been hitting perfect 1st corner and hair pin corners for lap after lap. Finally nailed the fastest line in the long final corner. Talk about hard work! Now, time to set upon the F1 cars to get gold there.
It was hard work! After i got the gold i had a rest for the rest of the day, and brought some new cars with the payout money, some retail therapy after the trauma haha. I am dreading the brands hatch with the lotus. I have heard that if you put active steering on "mild", then it helps stabilise the car a lot, so make sure you try that because that car it a nightmare with absolutely no aids.

I think I shall leave that pleasure (and i meant that sincerely) for another day. I really enjoy driving the F1 car. I have work this afternoon and currently getting up-to-date with some college work. Once I have cracked the other two races, my celebratory gift is going to be the 20 million credit Ferrari. I am now at 18.6 million credits thanks for Drift Seasonal and Senna.
Did you have the Ferrari in GT5? I did & it's default setup felt like crap! Things maybe different now but I don't want to see you waste 20 mill only to wish you didn't :banghead:

Did you have the Ferrari in GT5? I did & it's default setup felt like crap! Things maybe different now but I don't want to see you waste 20 mill only to wish you didn't :banghead:
I did have the Ferrari in GT5 and I used Praiano's GT5 setup on it and it was so nice to drive around. I took it online and it won races so easily. I am hoping to find a setup myself which has the same characteristics when I buy the car this time around.

It was hard work! After i got the gold i had a rest for the rest of the day, and brought some new cars with the payout money, some retail therapy after the trauma haha. I am dreading the brands hatch with the lotus. I have heard that if you put active steering on "mild", then it helps stabilise the car a lot, so make sure you try that because that car it a nightmare with absolutely no aids.
I shall remember the mild active steering tip for tomorrow or tuesday when I get round to getting gold. The pay day from those two races will be very nice indeed. I am also going to get some of the TC cars which were DLC in GT5 (and I didn't own because I didn't want to spend actual money on them) and tune them up as well.

Back