Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
I
Combine to different tunes @Otaliema gearbox and his LSD and @shaunm80 engine and suspention and Weight Reduction .
It was a stupid idee I got after a smoke an s cup of coffee
Did the gear box transfer over with problems or was it close enough to not matter?
I'll be building my own little "Shotaliema Dirt Devil" tomorrow in order to find out for myself.
I see what you did there :lol:
If it works that well maybe @shaunm80 and I should put our heads together on a tune from scratch.

Did the gear box transfer over with problems or was it close enough to not matter?

I see what you did there :lol:
If it works that well maybe @shaunm80 and I should put our heads together on a tune from scratch.

I think he built your version first then altered the power bits and suspension and weight. Then the tranny stays the same.

And yes, you should do a colaboration.👍:gtpflag:

A few notifications for you all.

1. My FITT tune for the recent competition is now uploaded and I would advise anyone who didn't test it to give it a go, it may surprise you a little. :) If you can beat 1.10.018 around GVE then you should be testing for FITT on a full time basis.

Tune here
Reviews here

2. It appears that B Spec is on its way going by the updates here on GTPlanet. Good news, or is it? we shall see!

3. I am most excited about the John Cooper Works Mini screen shots. As everyone who has supported Exeter GT Tuning from the start knows, I can actually tune a mini pretty good so I am looking forward to this new edition to add to my Mini Collection.

4. @Otaliema - Collaboration you say... I shall see what time I have in the near future and if I have a day or two to spare, I would happily work on a tune or two with you. We shall then change our names to Shotaliema.... Catchy but no... I shall just stick with Shaun I think. :)

Thank you for your time and to end this notification page is my FITT car in all its glory..

grand-valley-east_1-jpg.315834

A few notifications for you all.

1. My FITT tune for the recent competition is now uploaded and I would advise anyone who didn't test it to give it a go, it may surprise you a little. :) If you can beat 1.10.018 around GVE then you should be testing for FITT on a full time basis.

Tune here
Reviews here

2. It appears that B Spec is on its way going by the updates here on GTPlanet. Good news, or is it? we shall see!

3. I am most excited about the John Cooper Works Mini screen shots. As everyone who has supported Exeter GT Tuning from the start knows, I can actually tune a mini pretty good so I am looking forward to this new edition to add to my Mini Collection.

4. @Otaliema - Collaboration you say... I shall see what time I have in the near future and if I have a day or two to spare, I would happily work on a tune or two with you. We shall then change our names to Shotaliema.... Catchy but no... I shall just stick with Shaun I think. :)

Thank you for your time and to end this notification page is my FITT car in all its glory..

grand-valley-east_1-jpg.315834
John Cooper Works Mini or some new Cars , Mid-Field Racetrack and other Features will come are the reason why i still play GT6 . At Superlaps i accept i'm not the fastes . I don't think i'm good for FITT tunes testing cause i still use some driving helps (TC and steering help) . I still use the Buttons at my DS3 so throttle control is not easy to handle for me :)

John Cooper Works Mini or some new Cars , Mid-Field Racetrack and other Features will come are the reason why i still play GT6 . At Superlaps i accept i'm not the fastes . I don't think i'm good for FITT tunes testing cause i still use some driving helps (TC and steering help) . I still use the Buttons at my DS3 so throttle control is not easy to handle for me :)
With regards to the Buttons, TCS and like for FITT testing. I still use X button for GT6 and I can be fairly consistent.. so you'll be more than fine with that. Also, All tuners have to create a car which works with no TCS so when you drive their tunes, you should have no problem. If you can't drive it at TCS 0 then the tune wasn't optimised enough and that will score them lower. It is up to the tuner to make it easier to drive at the limit. Most, if not all tuners who enter FITT are managing to do that with ease these days :)

@Pete05 - Long time no hear, hope your well and you got your net issues sorted at last. If so, I bet your looking forward to the JCW mini.

With regards to the Buttons, TCS and like for FITT testing. I still use X button for GT6 and I can be fairly consistent.. so you'll be more than fine with that. Also, All tuners have to create a car which works with no TCS so when you drive their tunes, you should have no problem. If you can't drive it at TCS 0 then the tune wasn't optimised enough and that will score them lower. It is up to the tuner to make it easier to drive at the limit. Most, if not all tuners who enter FITT are managing to do that with ease these days :)

@Pete05 - Long time no hear, hope your well and you got your net issues sorted at last. If so, I bet your looking forward to the JCW mini.
I have tried many tunes like "tuned for NO ABS or NO TC" and failed . For example : my 1:49 lap at Suzuka i did with TC 4 and steering help low. With TC 1 or 2 i would be at the end of the friendlist. That's reality . I think about log in with a new ID at GT6 and try to do all career races again with only ABS1. That's the only way i think :)

I have tried many tunes like "tuned for NO ABS or NO TC" and failed . For example : my 1:49 lap at Suzuka i did with TC 4 and steering help low. With TC 1 or 2 i would be at the end of the friendlist. That's reality . I think about log in with a new ID at GT6 and try to do all career races again with only ABS1. That's the only way i think :)
If you are going to redo the game with new settings, I would suggest setting R2 L2 for accel and brake as well. That would help with throttle control at the same time. You could probably gain a few seconds time per lap once you master that.

I used to use the buttons in the begining. I went on to use the analog sticks on GT2 and never looked back since.

I imagine that the triggers can be good to use in order to get a feel for throttle control. I have no issues with throttle control with the sticks, but that's mainly due to my history with R/C cars and boats i used to drive in my "younger" years.

At some point in the future i will be getting a wheel, until then i'll just "stick" to the trusty analog sticks.

On a sidenote. I managed to improve on my Toscana time i set yesterday. Almost down in the 1:43's

New time: 1:44.119 using @Otaliema 's final version of his Scooby.

I did try the Shotaliema dirt devil.. Need to get to know that one a bit better before i can post any solid laps.

If you are going to redo the game with new settings, I would suggest setting R2 L2 for accel and brake as well. That would help with throttle control at the same time. You could probably gain a few seconds time per lap once you master that.
The R2 L2 are already used as throttle and brake at my DS3 but the use is not successful so far. My current driving skill has taken years to get this level and i will have a long white beard before i reach the same level with everything new-

Good time :cheers:, I am about 400 hundreds of a second behind your time and I think I am going retire from Toscana event, because my G27 is going to destroy itself if I do not stop.

Thank you.

Not sure if i'm going to be able to improve any more. This round was rough. When i first saw that you had passed me(again) i thought, well here we go again.:mischievous: At first i set 1:44.603 and for the longest time i couldn't seem to get ahead of my own time.:banghead: And then , just like lightningbolt out of a clear blue sky i set 1:44.119.:eek: Where did those extra tenths come from?!:confused:

It was fun chasing you around Toscana. You kept me on edge. Great job.

On to the other subject.

It's shaking that bad?!

Last edited:

Hey Shaun,
Yeah, it's been a while hasn't it. I'm trying to keep up to date with what's happening on the Planet but I'm also having to deal with many annoying distractions in the real world. One of which is my increasing annoyance at what Telstra Australia term 'Customer Service'. The whole getting online experience has been a book I wish I'd never opened so I'm resigned to occasionally playing offline, when my PS3 feels like loading the game. Sometimes it works first go & other times it takes 5 or more attempts if I have the patience.
I've built a replica JCW using your FITT Mini as a base to start from. Lucky for me it's a brilliant starting point! You really hit the nail on the head with that little gem. No doubt you'll wave your magic wand over the real JCW too. I hope Uni is going well for you too. I was watching an episode of 24 hours in Emergency (at King's E&R) recently & it made me think of you. One of the staff interviewed said "The best thing about the job is the people & the worst thing about the job is the people." I certainly hope more of your patients appreciate you & the job you do than those that take it for granted. Thankyou mate & all the best.

Hey Shaun,
Yeah, it's been a while hasn't it. I'm trying to keep up to date with what's happening on the Planet but I'm also having to deal with many annoying distractions in the real world. One of which is my increasing annoyance at what Telstra Australia term 'Customer Service'. The whole getting online experience has been a book I wish I'd never opened so I'm resigned to occasionally playing offline, when my PS3 feels like loading the game. Sometimes it works first go & other times it takes 5 or more attempts if I have the patience.
I've built a replica JCW using your FITT Mini as a base to start from. Lucky for me it's a brilliant starting point! You really hit the nail on the head with that little gem. No doubt you'll wave your magic wand over the real JCW too. I hope Uni is going well for you too. I was watching an episode of 24 hours in Emergency (at King's E&R) recently & it made me think of you. One of the staff interviewed said "The best thing about the job is the people & the worst thing about the job is the people." I certainly hope more of your patients appreciate you & the job you do than those that take it for granted. Thankyou mate & all the best.

Still nowhere close to a resolution with those incompetent buggers at Telstra?! :eek:

I mean, statistically they should've accidentally got it right by now.:odd:

Too bad there isn't a way to share my internet connection with you. I would've done that in a heart beat.

Still nowhere close to a resolution with those incompetent buggers at Telstra?! :eek:

I mean, statistically they should've accidentally got it right by now.:odd:

Too bad there isn't a way to share my internet connection with you. I would've done that in a heart beat.
Mate they're nothing short of completely & utterly hopeless.
The really unfortunate thing in it all is, they, by far, have the best network coverage as far as mobile phone is concerned. I need that more than I need anything else electronic & wireless.

Mate they're nothing short of completely & utterly hopeless.
The really unfortunate thing in it all is, they, by far, have the best network coverage as far as mobile phone is concerned. I need that more than I need anything else electronic & wireless.

The level of irony just went through the roof. :boggled:

Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10 (Dirt Setup)

500 PP
357 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Distribution 56:44

Dirt Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A

FC Suspension

F/R
120/125
5.60/6.25
3/4
6/8
3/3
0.0/1.8
-0.05/0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default once power parts have been installed)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.137
2nd 2.421
3rd 1.970
4th 1.642
5th 1.386
6th 1.203
Set final gear to 3.900
(Final gear can be changed if you want more speed through the corners)

FC LSD
F/R
10/14
22/35
5/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft
Torq Dist Centre Diff

F/R
45:55

Set power limiter to 94.4%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet

Ballast - Set 69kgs to Position 50

An easy gold with this tune. I achieved a 1.49 with this setup and I am not that great on dirt. It should be faster in a better drivers hands :)

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 315231
View attachment 315230
This is the first time I have posted on your thread but I just wanted to compliment you on this tune. First I will get my excuse out of the way for not being able to get gold at Toscana. I am 78 years old and that is my only excuse. Using your tune I took over 5 seconds off my best time and was able to get silver. A very easy car to drive using a G27. I have also used it in the London seasonal with out making any changes except the tires. Easy win every time. Sierra proved to be my biggest surprise. Using SS tires and an adjustment to the final gear only it proved to be my fastest 500pp car on that track. I would like to thank you for all the tunes you provide us.

Can I make a request for a CTR2 rally tune? Sounds a little out there, I know, but the stock version got me 1:54 at Toscana without a tune on it. I put on a fc tranny and set everything at mid point except camber and toe at 0. Power limiter at 74.3. Dirt tires and tc0 kept a very good line and a hint of understeer kept from spinning out around corners. I'm curious as to what a good tune could do for this bird

This is the first time I have posted on your thread but I just wanted to compliment you on this tune. First I will get my excuse out of the way for not being able to get gold at Toscana. I am 78 years old and that is my only excuse. Using your tune I took over 5 seconds off my best time and was able to get silver. A very easy car to drive using a G27. I have also used it in the London seasonal with out making any changes except the tires. Easy win every time. Sierra proved to be my biggest surprise. Using SS tires and an adjustment to the final gear only it proved to be my fastest 500pp car on that track. I would like to thank you for all the tunes you provide us.
Very nicely done sir. A line tip for Toscona that should help get gold, stay to the sides off the track you have a good 40% more grip so you can corner and accelerate a bit faster. The last turn start wide and bring it in tight down to 55kmh (30 mph) and floor from the apex.

Thanks for letting me know and its good to hear that this tune is being used by quite a few people. Im sure that if you follow @Otaliema tip, you will get gold very easy. I will definitely test this tune on other tracks if it works well.

Can I make a request for a CTR2 rally tune? Sounds a little out there, I know, but the stock version got me 1:54 at Toscana without a tune on it. I put on a fc tranny and set everything at mid point except camber and toe at 0. Power limiter at 74.3. Dirt tires and tc0 kept a very good line and a hint of understeer kept from spinning out around corners. I'm curious as to what a good tune could do for this bird

I don't think ill have the time this week to create a fresh tune for this event. I am busy on my placement for uni and still completing assignments. If I get time, ill give it a go but I can't promise anything right now.

Very nicely done sir. A line tip for Toscona that should help get gold, stay to the sides off the track you have a good 40% more grip so you can corner and accelerate a bit faster. The last turn start wide and bring it in tight down to 55kmh (30 mph) and floor from the apex.
Excellent advice and I completely agree that driving half on, half off the track gives you a lot more grip.

I don't think ill have the time this week to create a fresh tune for this event. I am busy on my placement for uni and still completing assignments. If I get time, ill give it a go but I can't promise anything right now.
No problem, bud. Take care of real life. That is much more important :). I hope you're doing well at UNI, that's a good career to get in to in this day and age:cheers:

We are now in the middel off the week, only thusday back So I'm back online friday after 12 PM .Looking forward to race against you guys again and hopefully beat some of your times :lol::cheers:

Should be quite interesting to see what times you are able to set. You've had time to practice, that's one thing for sure. :cheers:

Back