Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Hey stranger!! Long time no see..

I'm just fine. Hope you are too. How did the Audi treat you?

All good thanks mate...the Audi was Awesome to drive on MP...it really does do what you want it to do and fast:) wicked tune for this car Shaun...cheers:)

Welcome back mate ! It's good to have you back :cheers:

Hi Chris...thanks buddy... Hope all is good for you...Cheers mate:)

Good to hear from you. Hope all is well in Cyprus and your having warmer weather than we are here. Thanks for the list of cars, I have added them to the original post now :)

Cheers Mate and all is good over
here...even the weather:)
Hope all is still going good in Bournemouth....thanks for the Wicked tunes my friend:)

All good thanks mate...the Audi was Awesome to drive on MP...it really does do what you want it to do and fast:) wicked tune for this car Shaun...cheers:)

Hi Chris...thanks buddy... Hope all is good for you...Cheers mate:)

Cheers Mate and all is good over
here...even the weather:)
Hope all is still going good in Bournemouth....thanks for the Wicked tunes my friend:)

Yeah, just point and shoot.. hehe.. I remember trying to drive that car before a certain update and Shaun's tune. It did not go well..

FITT Blind Tuning Challenge

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07

Class 1 - The Dual

Tuned as per regulations set here

450PP
258 BHP
Weight 1100kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Hard Tyres

Paint: Matte Dark Silver
Rims: OZ Superforgiate (Black)
Racing Brakes: Painted - Pearlescent - Pathfinder Blue Pearlescent

FC Suspension
F/R
96/100
8.55/9.50
6/6
5/8
2/5
1.0/0.0
-0.02/-0.05

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Install all power upgrades first and reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.500
Set top speed to 112mph
1st - 3.334
2nd -2.600
3rd - 2.069
4th - 1.703
5th - 1.449
6th - 1.279
Set final gear to 3.890

FC LSD
15/17/10
Twin Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 90.2%
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold

Weight Reduction Stage 3

Ballast - set 13kgs @ Position 13

In a tight competition, this tune came 7th in lap time (0.303 from 1st place) and 8th in DC. The silver lining of this tune is that it set the fastest lap time around GVE East with a 1.10.018 which shows that this car has a lot of potential. Enjoy :)

All the reviews are below and my tune is Tuner 1.

Grand Valley East_1.jpg

Grand Valley East.jpg

Grand Valley East_2.jpg

Last edited:
FITT Blind Tuning Challenge

Grand Valley East_1.jpg

Reviews

Biffa3
Turnleft
Lionheart2113
Otaliema
DaBomm4
mgo
DolHaus
nijalninja
wydopen
LordJCS

Results

Tuner 1 (Myself)

Overall average laptime = 7th 0.303 behind the winner.

Fastest lap time set by this tune overall :) 1.10.018

DC = 8.15 (8th Overall)

A very close contest with a lot of great tuners ending up very close to each other.

I am proud of this tune as it achieved the top lap time of all the tuners (somehow...) and for that reason, it ranks up there with my FITT Mini Cooper S '11.

Last edited:
Abarth 500 '09
(Courtesy of @praiano63 )

450PP
239 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45

Sports Hard Tyres

Change Oil
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension
F/R
110/140
5.50/3.30
4/7
7/4
3/3
0.0/0.0
-0.15/-0.25

Standard Brake Kit
6/10

FC Transmission
Unsure of how it was set now..
Try...
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.939
2nd 2.284
3rd 1.759
4th 1.419
5th 1.186
Set final gear to 2.400

FC LSD
5/36/5
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 97.9%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Ballast - Set 121kgs to Position 50

Addition Info:
This tune was actually created by @praiano63 so full credit goes to him for this excellent car.

View attachment 159810

just used this car with Praiano's tune to beat the Beginner Level seasonal challenge race recently added. worked from last to first before lap two was over. thank you.

Uh oh.. I decided to run the Z4 just for fun and blew my Audi time away. New time: 1.58.916.:eek: There's still room for improvement since i made a couple of mistakes..

Didn't really see me getting into the 58's but here i am.. Yikes..

New time. 1:58.368. Somehow i managed to find almost 6 tenths.

Last edited:
Uh oh.. I decided to run the Z4 just for fun and blew my Audi time away. New time: 1.58.916.:eek: There's still room for improvement since i made a couple of mistakes..

Didn't really see me getting into the 58's but here i am.. Yikes..

New time. 1:58.368. Somehow i managed to find almost 6 tenths.
Good time in the Z4,:cheers: I am at the 2 minute mark now but making to many mistakes or maybe just trying to hard to get anywhere near your time. I think I will put the Z4 in the garage now because this is my limit. 👍

Good time in the Z4,:cheers: I am at the 2 minute mark now but making to many mistakes or maybe just trying to hard to get anywhere near your time. I think I will put the Z4 in the garage now because this is my limit. 👍

Thanks

The 2 min barrier can be breached with the right tune and the right ammount of courage. I have a couple of exits that need cleaning and i should be able to dip into the 57's..

How far away are you from the barrier? Are we talking about a few tenths?

:cheers:

Thanks

The 2 min barrier can be breached with the right tune and the right ammount of courage. I have a couple of exits that need cleaning and i should be able to dip into the 57's..

How far away are you from the barrier? Are we talking about a few tenths?

I will say under a few tenths, because on my friends list I have a few players are in the 1:57's I can keep up with them until at the top of the mountain and then I just lose it from there, and that were my problem lies. It is my braking that lets me down I found, but I have never like this track for some reason. One good thing there are some new seasonal races tomorrow so I can test some @shaunm80 cars.

I will say under a few tenths, because on my friends list I have a few players are in the 1:57's I can keep up with them until at the top of the mountain and then I just lose it from there, and that were my problem lies. It is my braking that lets me down I found, but I have never like this track for some reason. One good thing there are some new seasonal races tomorrow so I can test some @shaunm80 cars.

Ah, i see.. The top section requires gentle inputs and a bit of confidence. I happen to like that section and the following dipper section for one reason. That's where you can make most of the time for a fast lap. If you get a good exit through Forrest's elbow you can bring some extra speed onto Conrod straight. The Chase chicane is another corner where you either make it or break it.

Once you can link those sections together in a nice flow the rest of the lap should be a lot easier.

Last edited:
Anyone know what's up with Badger ? Nothing heard from him since weeks :confused: I wrote him a message at the PS3 but no reaction

I have no idea either. I hope that he's okay. I don't want to speculate on what is possibly going on with Badger as his end. Be good to see him back but I just hope that its nothing too serious that is keeping him from chatting on here.

@Badger66 - Let us know how your doing, if you don't have the time for GTPlanet anymore, thats cool, we all have lives outside of this forum, just worried about you at the moment.

Your friends over at Exeter GT Tuning.

Hi Guys.....i've just been looking for your tune Shaun for the M4 Coupe ( of which i cant wait to use) and came across these posts,,,,I am deeply touched and it made me very emotional...i nearly cried....yes Badgers can cry..lol...but thanks for your concern guys...but i am ok and i should of let you all know what was going on...you guys on here are Awesome...👍

Hi Guys.....i've just been looking for your tune Shaun for the M4 Coupe ( of which i cant wait to use) and came across these posts,,,,I am deeply touched and it made me very emotional...i nearly cried....yes Badgers can cry..lol...but thanks for your concern guys...but i am ok and i should of let you all know what was going on...you guys on here are Awesome...👍

You had us all a bit worried there. But you're here now and you seem to be ok and that's all that matters. I think it's safe to say that a couple of online races between us geezers here on this garage is way over due.

There hasn't been one since the last time you were around, it just didn't seem right to have one without you.

On another note.

New seasonals has popped up.

For the London event i'll be going for my Boss 302 i made for the shootout on Willow springs.( which i never entered)

The MR at Autumn ring is going to see my NSX-R '02. Then i might use the old (Ascari) seasonal tune for the KTM X-bow.

For the classic sports car event i'm drawing a blank. Feels like the Miura would be a safe bet, but i'm unsure.

A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 12/2/15)

If you don't know the rules by now, where have you been for the past 12 months? :) Let me know which tunes you have used from this garage and ill add it to the list of cars which can win at these new seasonal races.

I have substituted my usual garage art pictures for Crew images. This is in the hope that more people will be crossing over and I can do faction missions and online racing with others on this new platform. I didn't spend £400 quid to drive alone :)

The Crew™_20150128222713.jpg

Beginner's Level City Trial (550PP SH)
BMW M4 Coupe (500PP SH)
BMW Z8 '01 (500PP SH)
Ferrari California '08 (550PP SH)
Honda NSX Type R '02 (Seasonal Setup) (450PP CS)
Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07 (450PP SH)

Intermediate Level Classic Sports Car Race (530PP SH)
Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniv '66 (Seasonal Setup) P19 +553
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 (500PP SH)

Expert Level MR Challenge (580PP SH)
Ford GT40 Mark I 15th Anniv '66 (Seasonal Setup) P19 +553
Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car (600PP SH) - Remove ET Stage 3 and treat this car as a pilot car. It will get you the win but it is very slidy... Beware.
KTM X-Bow Street '12 (550PP SH)
McLaren MP4-12C '10 (600PP SS) - Reduce PP and stick some SH tyres on. - Also slidy..

Last edited:
Beginner Event at London : I used the BMW Z8 (Page 113/3348). This Car drives around Corners like a Kart

Intermediate Event : With the Lambo Miura very easy ( 500 PP is enough )

Expert Level : I used the McLaren MP4 to win but it was also slidy (to much Power for Sport Hard Tires ) :)

Back