Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Have they relaxed regulations on down force and FF's so they can actually close draft and battle for postion or is it still 90% of the time the starting grid is how they finish minus crashes.

Have they relaxed regulations on down force and FF's so they can actually close draft and battle for postion or is it still 90% of the time the starting grid is how they finish minus crashes.
Apologies admins for double post.

It is a little closer this year than other years. Some cars may be able to fight with the Mercedes but there will be a good ding dong between the double world champ and the great pretender. There is less downforce, they have more electrical power to use throughout the race and they have "cleaned up" the cars by removing lots of aero parts that where stuck everywhere. The midfield is going to the most interesting racing I would imagine. Lots of teams are roughly equal after Mercedes, Williams and Ferrari so they will be constantly fighting for 5-10 place every race. Could be very exciting should they have a wet race :)

Apologies admins for double post.

It is a little closer this year than other years. Some cars may be able to fight with the Mercedes but there will be a good ding dong between the double world champ and the great pretender. There is less downforce, they have more electrical power to use throughout the race and they have "cleaned up" the cars by removing lots of aero parts that where stuck everywhere. The midfield is going to the most interesting racing I would imagine. Lots of teams are roughly equal after Mercedes, Williams and Ferrari so they will be constantly fighting for 5-10 place every race. Could be very exciting should they have a wet race :)
Admins don't mind doubles in your own thread ;) *at least I don't think they do*

So they made them take the venturi systems off the cars. Allowed the use KERS. So they still can't close draft and sling shot the car in front.
Should be a good fight for the middle then but the top is still going to be RB, Mecedes and McClairen as normal.

Admins don't mind doubles in your own thread ;) *at least I don't think they do*

So they made them take the venturi systems off the cars. Allowed the use KERS. So they still can't close draft and sling shot the car in front.
Should be a good fight for the middle then but the top is still going to be RB, Mecedes and McClairen as normal.
Not McLaren.. Honda/McLaren link up did not start very well... They were 5 seconds of the pace of Mercedes... That does not bode well. KERS is enough to sling shot them round usually, it depends on driver tactics and how much they conserve per lap.

Exeter GT and Otaliema present the first of many joint tunes.

Without further ado, We bring you;

Honda HSC '03

540PP
455 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
89/90
7.70/10.30
9/1
7/10
1/3
0.5/0.8
-0.10/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
Reset to default once all power parts are added
Set final gear to 3.840
Set max speed to 211mph
1st 3.790
2nd 2.230
3rd 1.850
4th 1.515
5th 1.200
6th 0.940

FC LSD
9/11/9

Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 41kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This is a co-op tune made in conjuction with @Otaliema from Bronze Dragon Tuning
A full custom gear box will be remade for the car once the transmission bug is repaired.
Enjoy the drive. It will do what you ask it too and be very happy doing it.

Circuito de la Sierra.jpg

Circuito de la Sierra_1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi @shaunm80 , Again, thanks for the like in the expert event.
But i have a question.
It's more lazyness (sorry for that), there are 234 pages in this topic, but i looked at the 1 page to see if you have a 2J tune.Did not see one.
If you have a tune for the 2J, i will go thru all 234 pages.
if not, it will save me some time ;).

Thank in advance.

btw, those three races i did ? uploaded them to my youtube, but be warned it a 28 minute clip.

But i have a question.
It's more lazyness (sorry for that), there are 234 pages in this topic, but i looked at the 1 page to see if you have a 2J tune.Did not see one.

Thank in advance.
If the car isn't listed in post number 3 on page 1, it doesn't exist in this thread. I always list them by type. 2J would be a race car and I can't see it in there so I don't have my own version of that car.

@dddsprayshop I have a very solid 2J in my garage you're welcome to use it's a TT tune but it's a 2J so it's stable.
Sorry double post.
Eehm...i got around 8 tunes for the 2J.Still looking for another 650pp,600pp and a 550pp
and more then enough room in my database, sooooo, where's your garage?
Be warned, if i use it in my video's you will be credited.
And my subscribers know i get tunes from GTplanet.

Sorry double post.
Eehm...i got around 8 tunes for the 2J.Still looking for another 650pp,600pp and a 550pp
Find Bronze Dragon Tuning in the Tuning Forum threads. That is Otaliemas garage. or click in his link in the HSC '03 tune. That will take you straight there.

Sorry double post.
You can also find a link to the tuning database for all my tunes in my sig. My garage is linked with the Transmission and Aero kit testing links in my sig.

Exeter GT and Otaliema present the first of many joint tunes.

Without further ado, We bring you;

Honda HSC '03

540PP
455 BHP
1100kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Soft Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
89/90
7.70/10.30
9/1
7/10
1/3
0.5/0.8
-0.10/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
Reset to default once all power parts are added
Set final gear to 3.840
Set max speed to 211mph
1st 3.790
2nd 2.230
3rd 1.850
4th 1.515
5th 1.200
6th 0.940

FC LSD
9/11/9

Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 41kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This is a co-op tune made in conjuction with @Otaliema from Bronze Dragon Tuning
A full custom gear box will be remade for the car once the transmission bug is repaired.
Enjoy the drive. It will do what you ask it too and be very happy doing it.

View attachment 337751
View attachment 337750
Sh:censored: yeah!!! Thanks for the new tune I can't wait to try this one! Was it tuned at Midfield? I want to get all out of it as I can

But i have a question.

Thank in advance.

btw, those three races i did ? uploaded them to my youtube, but be warned it a 28 minute clip.
If you press Ctrl +F then a box open and you can type the car name ther and it will show where it is

Sh:censored: yeah!!! Thanks for the new tune I can't wait to try this one! Was it tuned at Midfield? I want to get all out of it as I can
it was also tested heavily at Trial Mountain, HSR, Apercot, and Ascari. Top speed estabilsihed at SSR-X 324 km/h with lots of power to spare. 👍 once this blasted transmissio bug is repaired a fully adjustable transmission will be supplied that will take the car to top end with drafting room ;)

If you press Ctrl +F then a box open and you can type the car name ther and it will show where it is
Thanks, but i allready did that, you can't know but i'm very familiar with stuff like that.

CTRL-F works in almost every program, notepad, word,excell, adobe reader
i even build it in my database program.

@Otaliema your settings are saved.
But one thing scares me a bit.
You have a 45:55 weight distribution, and brakebalance of 4/8.:nervous:
I tend to turn halfway braking, i use ABS=1, let's hope i don't get a 180 the first time i drive it.;)

But one thing scares me a bit.
You have a 45:55 weight distribution, and brakebalance of 4/8.:nervous:
I tend to turn halfway braking, i use ABS=1, let's hope i don't get a 180 the first time i drive it.;)
it is a TT tune so it's set to turn hard. But it's stable I built that on a DS3 using the stick and L2/R2 you can move eh weight forward a bit to adjust balance but more then 48:52 will mess it up too much

it is a TT tune so it's set to turn hard. But it's stable I built that on a DS3 using the stick and L2/R2 you can move eh weight forward a bit to adjust balance but more then 48:52 will mess it up too much
Normally i start with brake balance 7/4 and mostly end up with 9/6.
But i will try it first before changing.

A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 26/3/15)

View attachment 337508

For those of you who are semi new to this thread, if you use a tune from this garage for any of the seasonals below, let me know and I will add it to the list of cars which can win. :)

Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (400PP SH)
Honda INTEGRA Type R (DC5) '03 (400PP CS)
Suzuki Swift Sport '07 (400PP CS)

Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (500PP SH)
Ford GT 40 Mark 1 15th Anniv '66 (500PP SH Seasonal Version)
TVR Tamora '02 (500PP SH)

Expert Level Racing Car Setup (600PP RH)
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode (599PP RH)
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (615PP RH)

Last night when the new seasonal races came out... I wanted a win before going to sleep. Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04.. The brilliant tune of yours got me the gold, the credits & the paint chip. the ai cars were more powerful.. a viper, a mustang & some european ai cars.. they cut me drove me in the fence a few times.. my front fenders took the hits that they gave out, but in the end I out drove the ai viper to the end. it was freakin' Awesome. there are other tuners out there, but yours always get me the $$$ or the gold & the paint chip. thank you again. cheers, TC.

Back