Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
@Soren Jacquet @hall90
Take the gear box you have now and test it bes this set up.
Set up with a final drive 0.100 from lowest number with the same lay out as the HSC.
Longest 2nd gear, shorest 5th gear balance 3rd and 4th flat with each other. That will give you crazy acceleration with the same top speed. Find out what the peak torque and power is for the car. If they are with in 1000 rpm oh each other set 6th gear to land just below (500 rpm) the lower of the two.
If they are different by more then 1000 rpm set 6th gear to land in between the two. This will keep your acceleration in 6th gear.

Or the faster almost as good way set 6th gear just hair longer then 3&4.

A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 26/3/15)

View attachment 337508

For those of you who are semi new to this thread, if you use a tune from this garage for any of the seasonals below, let me know and I will add it to the list of cars which can win. :)

Beginners Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (400PP SH)
Honda INTEGRA Type R (DC5) '03 (400PP CS)
Suzuki Swift Sport '07 (400PP CS)

Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (500PP SH)
Ford GT 40 Mark 1 15th Anniv '66 (500PP SH Seasonal Version)
TVR Tamora '02 (500PP SH)

Expert Level Racing Car Setup (600PP RH)
Alpine Vision Gran Turismo Race Mode (599PP RH)
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (615PP RH)

Just won the the Beginners level non-racing car challenge in the newest seasonal races.Mazda MX-5 1.8 RS (NB, J) '98 (your tune) got me the $$, gold & the paint chip in a fast 3 laps. thanks again, You are the man... Cheers tc.

@Soren Jacquet @hall90
Take the gear box you have now and test it bes this set up.
Set up with a final drive 0.100 from lowest number with the same lay out as the HSC.
Longest 2nd gear, shorest 5th gear balance 3rd and 4th flat with each other. That will give you crazy acceleration with the same top speed. Find out what the peak torque and power is for the car. If they are with in 1000 rpm oh each other set 6th gear to land just below (500 rpm) the lower of the two.
If they are different by more then 1000 rpm set 6th gear to land in between the two. This will keep your acceleration in 6th gear.

Or the faster almost as good way set 6th gear just hair longer then 3&4.
When you say the final drive, and that is the final gear but you can not touch the final gear yet.

When you say the final drive, and that is the final gear but you can not touch the final gear yet.
You can change it at the start of a transmission setup. but once you have set a final gear, it can't be changed. That is where the glitch is.

Set up with a final drive 0.100 from lowest number with the same lay out as the HSC, what does this mean because I am confused.
Sorry wasn't clear on that.set the final gear at 2.100 if the lowest/longest number is 2.000 , 2.600 If it's 2.5000 etc.
I assumed you had built the HSC @shaunm80 and I built the same basic transmission layout can be gotten with any 6 speed gear box just the numbers are different.
Just follow the set up instructions as best you can in the second half of the post that will get you a smoking fast gear box. You may find your braking points are suddenly wrong :lol:

Sorry wasn't clear on that.set the final gear at 2.100 if the lowest/longest number is 2.000 , 2.600 If it's 2.5000 etc.
I assumed you had built the HSC @shaunm80 and I built the same basic transmission layout can be gotten with any 6 speed gear box just the numbers are different.
Just follow the set up instructions as best you can in the second half of the post that will get you a smoking fast gear box. You may find your braking points are suddenly wrong :lol:
AHHHH Now I get it ,,hehe that I will try later when BOB are finish with earn money to me hehehe

YEESS ...Ferrari is back

2011scuderiaferrarilogo500x318_thumb.jpg

what in the hell ... it´s snowing in this little contry Denmark.

Now I just wait on the new Seasons Events and hope that we get some nice events and PLEASE PLEASE new tracks ,I´m so trierd of it allways is the same tracks over and over again an again.
There is lot of tracks in the world they could use in the game.

Last edited:
hey shaun i was just wondering if you could post a tune for the opera S2K as i see people using it all the time but im no good at tuning myself so i never get a chance to use it

My Son deleted my GT6 save files.....I think, both the main and back up of JUST GT6 were gone so I don't think it was a corruption thing.
Thank fully I had a USB back up but it's from January so all the paint chips for the last 4 months, cars and credits are gone. :banghead:

My Son deleted my GT6 save files.....I think, both the main and back up of JUST GT6 were gone so I don't think it was a corruption thing.
Thank fully I had a USB back up but it's from January so all the paint chips for the last 4 months, cars and credits are gone. :banghead:
Oooooooo that hurts:ouch:

Oooooooo that hurts:ouch:
no kidding. At least I can get back 4 of the VGT's no cost cause they are still up, but have to buy 2-4 of them.
Not to mention the 10 mill in cars for the last FITT challenge. :ouch:
I'm gonna back up to usb every day, and then see if I still have problems with deletion when he is at grandmas for week if I don't see any files go bye bye he is getting banned from the PS3 till I can figure out how to lock him out of the saved data area
Thankfully 95% of the tunes I've made in the last 4 months are online or in my email so I get them back with out too many issues. but still :mad:

no kidding. At least I can get back 4 of the VGT's no cost cause they are still up, but have to buy 2-4 of them.
Not to mention the 10 mill in cars for the last FITT challenge. :ouch:
I'm gonna back up to usb every day, and then see if I still have problems with deletion when he is at grandmas for week if I don't see any files go bye bye he is getting banned from the PS3 till I can figure out how to lock him out of the saved data area

Ouch....

That's why i ALWAYS keep backups on multiple flashdrives. Even if you have a backup it's still a pain in the rear having to install it.

Hope you get it up and running.

Here something to pass the time while installing it.

Last edited:
Ouch....

That's why i ALWAYS keep backups on multiple flashdrives. Even if you have a backup it's still a pain in the rear having to install it.

Hope you get it up and running.

Here something to pass the time while installing it.

Looks like it was just the save data, the game data was intact. So install time was nil.
Looks like I was only out the Mini VGT so only a mil down for VGT's.
But the 30 some other cars is going to take time and credits' resetting my log in before redoing the TT's to get the max credits back.

Great video btw.

Latest Posts

Back