Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Man last night was loud. Major thunder storm rolled right over the house with thunder do loud it shook the walls. Heck of way to wake up at 330 am to your walls shaking.
I moved to Southern California in 2001 and will never forget the first time I experienced an earthquake. Like you, I was sound asleep and was woken up to the most intense sensation I had ever experienced. Everything in my apartment was shaking. I jumped out of bed like a ninja and ran into my living room. It was all over in seconds and I jumped on my computer to check out a website I had bookmarked in anticipation of such an event: http://scedc.caltech.edu/recent/. The next morning I was still a little freaked out and asked my neighbors who I had become friends with if they were freaked out like I was during the earthquake. Every single one of them said "We had an earthquake last night? I slept right through it..." :crazy: WHAT?! Damn California natives!! :lol: Apparently, a 3.2 is a "little one"...

Nice time ... but you have fixede the gearbox hehehe
I just did what Otaliema says , if we all need to use the same transmission he need to lock it for this event

tokyo lap.JPG

Honda S2000 LM Race Car (Drift Setup)

558PP
524 BHP
1050kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Comfort Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension
F/R
80/85
12.00/12.75
6/6
5/7
3/4
1.5/2.5
-0.15/0.25

Racing Brake Kit
1/8

FC Transmission
Leave final gear to 4.100
Set max speed to 149mph
1st 4.665
2nd 3.443
3rd 2.717
4th 2.222
5th 1.889
6th 1.633

FC LSD
5/50/5

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
200/375

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

This tune is a gold tune for the drift seasonal event. I scored 6800 points with this tune. Very easy to drift indeed.

View attachment 335084

2664 is my points for drifting using your brilliant tune for this car. thank you. are you still in school now or are you working some place ? either way hope all is cool & groovy on your side of the planet. cheers tc.

BMW M4 M Performance Edition (Drift Setup)

550PP
507 BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Comfort Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/105
5.75/7.75
5/5
4/5
2/3
0.0/0.0
-0.20/0.35

Racing Brake Kit
1/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.094
2nd 2.425
3rd 1.987
4th 1.650
5th 1.407
6th 1.221
7th 1.086
Set final gear to 4.400

FC LSD
5/50/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 99.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Computer
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 18kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

View attachment 258388
View attachment 258387
View attachment 258386

1343 is my drift score for this car using your awesome tune. thank you for your time on the tunes that you post here. they have been a big help on the races. thank you cheers. tc

TommyKaira ZZII '00

600PP
607 BHP
920kgs
Weight Distribution 50:50

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil
Inch Up: 1 Wheels
Custom Wing Type B

FC Sus

F/R
80/80
8.00/11.00
6/6
5/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.06/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
7/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 137mph
1st 2.916
2nd 2.244
3rd 1.749
4th 1.419
5th 1.194
6th 1.052
Set final gear to 3.300

FC LSD
F/R
10/16
14/20
16/24
Torque Dist Centre Diff
35:65

Set power limiter to 96.0%
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Downforce

F/R
150/350
No ballast

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Very fast car, handles well, lots of grip available. Drive it sensibly and it will pay you back with good, consistent times.

View attachment 129977

1:24:113 is good enough for the silver using another of your brilliant tunes for this car. which was one of my favorite cars from GT5 ! Thank you posting this. cheers tc

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4 T Sport '09

400PP
163 BHP
1050kgs
Weight Distribution 58:42

Sports Hard Tyres

Aero Kit Type C
Inch Up: 1 Wheels
NO OIL Change

FC Suspension

F/R
100/95
8.00/3.00
5/4
4/5
2/4
0.0/0.0
-0.02/0.00

Standard Brakes
6/5

Six Speed Gear Box

FC LSD
16/24/10
Twin Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 90.6%
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 92kgs to Position 50

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

A former FITT entry modified for the new 400PP SH seasonal. Very easy win.

mito09fitt-jpg.140150

Add another winning car tune! this car battled the ai cars & got the gold & the points. thank you cheers tc.

Mini Clubman Vision Gran Turismo

529PP
388 BHP
1080kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
14.60/13.40
5/4
4/7
2/5
1.4/1.8
-0.10/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
6/7

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.843
2nd 2.195
3rd 1.761
4th 1.455
5th 1.235
6th 1.091
Set final gear to 3.150

FC LSD
F/R
8/12
12/16
8/12

Power limiter set at 100.0%
All power part standard

Downforce
F/R
150/300
Ballast - Set 30kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

This tune is easy to drive and easy to drive at the limit. A good compromise between good rotation on tight corners and being able to hold a racing line at speed. Some understeer can be found at times but nothing a bit of throttle management can't solve very easily. As always, any feedback is always appreciated and most importantly, enjoy :)

View attachment 317753
View attachment 317754
View attachment 317752

just used this car to get the credits, the gold, the paint chip using your tune.. had to reduce the power to 79.0% to make the limit for the new seasonal race (Intermediate level Race car challenge). the setup worked spectacularly... hills were not a problem with this car. thank you. cheers tc

There is a new FITT competition that has just been started. Will any of my thread contributors be entering or testing for this event? I have a feeling that should some of your decide to enter, you would be quite good at this one. FF hatchback cars around Monaco. If you do not want to tune for it, I, among many, would be extremely grateful for testers. I look forward to seeing who joins this one.

Oh, in case any of you are wondering what car I am going to be tuning, don't think about it too much .it should be fairly obvious :) British cars all the way for the hot hatch version.

There is a new FITT competition that has just been started. Will any of my thread contributors be entering or testing for this event? I have a feeling that should some of your decide to enter, you would be quite good at this one. FF hatchback cars around Monaco. If you do not want to tune for it, I, among many, would be extremely grateful for testers. I look forward to seeing who joins this one.

Oh, in case any of you are wondering what car I am going to be tuning, don't think about it too much .it should be fairly obvious :) British cars all the way for the hot hatch version.
Why not ? i think the BRZ tune is tested enough :)

2664 is my points for drifting using your brilliant tune for this car. thank you. are you still in school now or are you working some place ? either way hope all is cool & groovy on your side of the planet. cheers tc.
1343 is my drift score for this car using your awesome tune. thank you for your time on the tunes that you post here. they have been a big help on the races. thank you cheers. tc
Add another winning car tune! this car battled the ai cars & got the gold & the points. thank you cheers tc.
just used this car to get the credits, the gold, the paint chip using your tune.. had to reduce the power to 79.0% to make the limit for the new seasonal race (Intermediate level Race car challenge). the setup worked spectacularly... hills were not a problem with this car. thank you. cheers tc
1:24:113 is good enough for the silver using another of your brilliant tunes for this car. which was one of my favorite cars from GT5 ! Thank you posting this. cheers tc
Great selection of tunes. They are my reliable ones which I would use for seasonal events too. Keep going with the drift cars. My tip for the new drift events it to set the drift before you hit the yellow flag and you will find that you will double points compared to starting the drift at the yellow flags. You will get gold very easily just initiating a drift prior to the flags.

The ZZII can be pushed really hard before it will fail on you, if it ever does.. Have confidence that the tyres will cope with the corners and most importantly, listen to the car when it is steering, you will know when you can push more if if you have to let of the gas to get a better line through a corner. Gold is definitely on with the ZZII.

VGT cars are so easy to win racing car events with.. they make it almost effortless in fact :) Great VGT car too. Everyone loves a Mini.

My course is going well. I am getting the work done. My course at Uni lasts for 48 weeks a year so its not like normal uni courses. It is a lot of hard work but well worth the effort. :)

@shaunm80 you should come visit me you would feel right at home has been raining for the last two days and is expected to continue for the next three days :lol: :cheers:
@Hotspace 5150 nice drifting sir, keep at deep forest you can get gold in it.
I think ill pass on the rainy weather if I'm honest, we have enough of that over here in England and I prefer mild to hot weather conditions. Its why I live on the south coast of England now. As @DolHaus can vouch for, we have much more sunshine down in the south than where I use to live on the east coast of England.

I'm so mad . Under practice at Tokyo R246 I came under 1:57 and now it alle went wrong when I went to time trial arrrgh :banghead:
I am sure you will break that barrier before you know it. Any chance you could be talked into testing for FITT. It will mean testing all the cars for an equal number of laps and posting some comments and DC but you seem to have a knack of getting the most of a car and would be very quick indeed.

Great selection of tunes. They are my reliable ones which I would use for seasonal events too. Keep going with the drift cars. My tip for the new drift events it to set the drift before you hit the yellow flag and you will find that you will double points compared to starting the drift at the yellow flags. You will get gold very easily just initiating a drift prior to the flags.

The ZZII can be pushed really hard before it will fail on you, if it ever does.. Have confidence that the tyres will cope with the corners and most importantly, listen to the car when it is steering, you will know when you can push more if if you have to let of the gas to get a better line through a corner. Gold is definitely on with the ZZII.

VGT cars are so easy to win racing car events with.. they make it almost effortless in fact :) Great VGT car too. Everyone loves a Mini.

My course is going well. I am getting the work done. My course at Uni lasts for 48 weeks a year so its not like normal uni courses. It is a lot of hard work but well worth the effort. :)

I think ill pass on the rainy weather if I'm honest, we have enough of that over here in England and I prefer mild to hot weather conditions. Its why I live on the south coast of England now. As @DolHaus can vouch for, we have much more sunshine down in the south than where I use to live on the east coast of England.

I am sure you will break that barrier before you know it. Any chance you could be talked into testing for FITT. It will mean testing all the cars for an equal number of laps and posting some comments and DC but you seem to have a knack of getting the most of a car and would be very quick indeed.
I hope a get the barrier later :lol:
can always be talked into it especialy if theres is CAKE heheheh

what shakk I say it´s fun to drive stable intil it´s push hard in the corners then it´s wag with it´s tail but har quick back on the right way .... LOVE IT ... it´s have a little understeering but can be controled with thottle control .
The trick is to push it hard enough to bring the tail out but not quite wagging on exit.
You will find another tenth or more if you bring it that way.
@chrisspeed281 this tune is unlike any other tune @shaunm80 and I the more data we can get the better we can make the next one

Corrected auto incorrect errors

Last edited:
The trick is to push it hard enough to bring the tail out but not quite wagging on exit.
You will find another tenth or more if you bring it that way.
@chrisspeed281 thus tune is unwise for @shaunm80 and I the more data we can get the better we can make the next one
have tryede to go sideways with it but it´s don´t give a fast lap time but with a little tail out then it´s give a good time and a good speed through the right/left hand chicane there is time to get there

Back