Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
PD are probably going to give GT7 a sub division name when it is released. Gran Turismo 7. Cone World

I haven't attempted GTA since I got bronze.. Too many other things going on. or should be going on... Motivation for Uni work is here as I am doing it but I wish I had more of it. It got lost in the post somewhere I think.
my problem is i have to much time and i realy go crazy beause i don't understand why i can't cut off this 0:132 :banghead: my rehab is confirmed now :bowdown: and that makes my stay away from the PS3 :) btw my wife goes out to meet a girlfriend because she don't understand why i got so angry about this Event

my problem is i have to much time and i realy go crazy beause i don't understand why i can't cut off this 0:132 :banghead: my rehab is confirmed now :bowdown: and that makes my stay away from the PS3 :) btw my wife goes out to meet a girlfriend because she don't understand why i got so angry about this Event
I can tell you from chasing lines, your loosing a couple tenths at Eau Rouge. You HAVE to take it flat out clip the curbs and miss the cones. even though I was behind you by a couple tenths after Turn 1 I would catch upto you on Kemmel and was on your name plate going through Les combes. *this was yesterday btw dunno if you have improved that section or not today*

I can tell you from chasing lines, your loosing a couple tenths at Eau Rouge. You HAVE to take it flat out clip the curbs and miss the cones. even though I was behind you by a couple tenths after Turn 1 I would catch upto you on Kemmel and was on your name plate going through Les combes. *this was yesterday btw dunno if you have improved that section or not today*
you are right and i know i lose to much time there . i see it at the blue lines but only God knows how many attampts i have done to nail eau rouge

you are right and i know i lose to much time there . i see it at the blue lines but only God knows how many attampts i have done to nail eau rouge
You're on a DS3 right?
Lift a momentarily between turns 3 & 4 this loads the front tires enough to get you through, you wont be as fast as a wheel user but this should help your time just enough to get you through Eau Rouge in 6th gear and exit at 265+ you just have to trust the car to hang on at the top you crest the hill. When i did it on my DS3 to get the car at 11pm sunday night I was getting through at 260 at exit, I wasn't clipping Turn 4 right so I had to let off a little for Turn 5. On my wheel it's easy as cake to blast Eau Rouge flat out, greater steering angle. No TC engaged in the turns by default.

You're on a DS3 right?
Lift a momentarily between turns 3 & 4 this loads the front tires enough to get you through, you wont be as fast as a wheel user but this should help your time just enough to get you through Eau Rouge in 6th gear and exit at 265+ you just have to trust the car to hang on at the top you crest the hill. When i did it on my DS3 to get the car at 11pm sunday night I was getting through at 260 at exit, I wasn't clipping Turn 4 right so I had to let off a little for Turn 5. On my wheel it's easy as cake to blast Eau Rouge flat out, greater steering angle. No TC engaged in the turns by default.
Yep , PD have made i difference between DS3 and wheels at this event and i don't know what we have to expect at the last Event

i've been trying to tune that car but 700PP is so far out of my comfort zone i'm having problems with it. Don't hold your breath for it form us. Check Priano's garage he normally has the LMP cars tuned.
Have you still got any tunning notes for that car so I can have them and PM me with the notes, and then I could get the Minolta Toyota 88C-V '89 out of the stockyard and play with this car to get it right. The thing with Praiano tunes they don't suit my driving style but with @shaunm80 tunes do work and I very hardly touch his tunes or change them for the seasonal races, and If I have to start from scratch with this car well I be happy doing that.

Have you still got any tunning notes for that car so I can have them and PM me with the notes, and then I could get the Minolta Toyota 88C-V '89 out of the stockyard and play with this car to get it right. The thing with Praiano tunes they don't suit my driving style but with @shaunm80 tunes do work and I very hardly touch his tunes or change them for the seasonal races, and If I have to start from scratch with this car well I be happy doing that.
I seldom write my notes down. I'll pull the car up later and send you what I have on it. I will tell you right now it doesn't like to turn at speed, and even with long gears it still spins up the rear tires in low gears but with. 0.88 PtWR that is expected.
it's still in early stages of tuning one of my methods with aero dependent cars is set it to min and tune as much mechanical grip as I get then increase downforce till its stable and responsive so that you get the most speed as you can from the car.

Yep , PD have made i difference between DS3 and wheels at this event and i don't know what we have to expect at the last Event

The last event is going to be with the newly developed Nismo GT-R LM... And knowing that the car is FWD i have a sneaky suspicion it's gonna be an understeer fest like the one we had with the "popcorn popper" we know as the Chaparral 2x.

That's just my thoughts tho, so don't quote me on it..

The last event is going to be with the newly developed Nismo GT-R LM... And knowing that the car is FWD i have a sneaky suspicion it's gonna be an understeer fest like the one we had with the "popcorn popper" we know as the Chaparral 2x.

That's just my thoughts tho, so don't quote me on it..
so many suspect what track will be used and i think it's Le Mans but i'm not sure

Even though i didn't need too, i went for another go at the torture test at Spa. There is no way this event is fair to us using a DS3 controller. This event favours those with a wheel in so many ways it's not even funny..

Anywho.. I managed to shave off about 6 tenths off of my previous time.

My new time: 2:12.096

Ohh.. On the 700pp race car seasonal i did something i said i'd never do again.. Yup, you guessed it.. I went for the "popcorn popper" detuned to 700pp and blew the helmets off of the opposition. Funny how things work out, eh?

Have a great weekend!

I was at Monaco with the 2 Fitt Minis today and only 50 sec. slower than Hamilton :) so what can i say ? i was faster with both tunes from Otaliema but the most pleasure to drive was with the old Mini from Shaun . i can recomment both Minis for the next Sunday Cup Event :lol: i did 3 lap with every tune (clear Laps , always restart if i touched the Wall and this happen many times ) TC1 , ABS 1 everything else off . the Pics shows the best Lap

Shauns Cooper S'11
Shaun new.jpg

Otaliema Cooper S'11
Otal new.jpg

Shauns Mini 1.3
Shaun old.jpg

Otaliemas Mini 1.3
Otal old.jpg

I was at Monaco with the 2 Fitt Minis today and only 50 sec. slower than Hamilton :) so what can i say ? i was faster with both tunes from Otaliema but the most pleasure to drive was with the old Mini from Shaun . i can recomment both Minis for the next Sunday Cup Event :lol: i did 3 lap with every tune (clear Laps , always restart if i touched the Wall and this happen many times ) TC1 , ABS 1 everything else off . the Pics shows the best Lap

Shauns Cooper S'11
View attachment 372190

Otaliema Cooper S'11
View attachment 372189

Shauns Mini 1.3
View attachment 372191

Otaliemas Mini 1.3
View attachment 372192
No TC on then is much funnier...... hehe

Shauns Cooper S'11
View attachment 372190

Otaliema Cooper S'11
View attachment 372189

Shauns Mini 1.3
View attachment 372191

Otaliemas Mini 1.3
View attachment 372192
Thank you for the test. Glad you enjoyed them. Especially my mini go kart. That old mini is fun, a little slower than the others but can't beat a good drive in an adult go kart. Go Hamilton for tomorrow. Excellent pole position lap he did.

Hey @shaunm80 and @Otaliema , how about a FITT Special LMP1 at Le Mans ? You would have a good tester because i will do many many Laps there to practice for the last Academy Event
If you have an idea for a FITT comp. you should put it in the FITT thread. See if it has any takers I know FITT comps are sorted for the next two months but there is a break after that point currently. The only problem with lmp cars is the cost. Could be off putting to some testers, and possibly tuners. I do like your idea though. I don't think there has been a FITT lmp event as yet.

Shauns Cooper S'11
View attachment 372190

Otaliema Cooper S'11
View attachment 372189

Shauns Mini 1.3
View attachment 372191

Otaliemas Mini 1.3
View attachment 372192
Thank you for the testing my. Sounds like they did what I built them to do go fast, not be nice :lol:
I'm gonna have to take @shaunm80 cars out for a pleasurable drive around Monaco.
Speaking of great drive take krenkme's Life Step Van for a spin man what a car, err van, wait go kart, no it's a van, no no it's a go kart in desgise as a van that's it.

If you have an idea for a FITT comp. you should put it in the FITT thread. See if it has any takers I know FITT comps are sorted for the next two months but there is a break after that point currently. The only problem with lmp cars is the cost. Could be off putting to some testers, and possibly tuners. I do like your idea though. I don't think there has been a FITT lmp event as yet.
the problem is i'm not sure i want to be a part of FITT , this is only for the real Tuners . i don't agree with some regulations so i will leave it like it is. my post was more a joke :)

the problem is i'm not sure i want to be a part of FITT , this is only for the real Tuners . i don't agree with some regulations so i will leave it like it is. my post was more a joke :)
You could always be a tester don't have to tune. And there is no rule that says you have to be a serious tuner to par take in the events.
If your referring to the no TC rule that's to level the tuning field, it's strongly encouraged to test with out it but you can test with it as long as you use it on all the cars.

Edit added missed word in sentnce

Last edited:
Back