Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
even better than a 3D version, you could afford to have fast broadband internet installed for playing GT6 online :)
That's the problem Shaun; Even if I could afford the outrageous prices we get charged for access to the web here in Australia, we still use the copper phone lines for our Broadband. We are very, very slowly getting a new network rolled out but, until then, in certain areas it's a 6 month wait for access to the overloaded infrastructure :banghead:

As for the 3D version of the Nurb, nothing on this planet called Earth could possibly compare to it

Ferrari 599 '06

550PP
555 BHP
1300kgs
Weight Dist 49:51

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
80/85
13.15/15.00
5/6
4/6
2/5
2.0/1.0
-0.06/0.00

Racing Braking Kit
8/7

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.500
set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.216
2nd 2.470
3rd 1.944
4th 1.584
5th 1.336
6th 1.160
Set final gear to 3.200

FC LSD
10/12/8
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 86.2%

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast
Set 36kgs to position -50

Tested on A Spec willow springs. It is a little tight on the front but take it easy and drive this car sensibly and it will give you the win very easily. Alternatively, if you don't get on with this setup, I have been told that if you take the 600PP SS version, detune to 550PP and use the original settings, that tune is capable of 1.18s and a easy win too. Basicly, you have 2 options at 550PP with the same car to suit your driving style.

Engaging stunt car mode
View attachment 174649
View attachment 174650
I do love this tune shaun...its tight and safe:) it wins gold very easily and on certain parts of the track its it feels slightly better... ie going into the corners but i'm finding it a little bit stiff on the front end when trying to hold it on the corner so its taking me a little to wide for position to exit the corner,
But i have only have done 2 races so far 10 laps with it..gold both times and best lap time so far is 1.20.389 which still good but for me i like her a bit looser:) its still a wicked tune though and i think i might be pushing her a bit to hard...so i'm going to try a more calm approach thx mate

Ferrari 599 '06

550PP
555 BHP
1300kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
80/85
13.15/15.00
5/6
4/6
2/5
2.0/1.0
-0.06/0.00

Racing Braking Kit
8/7

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.500
set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.216
2nd 2.470
3rd 1.944
4th 1.584
5th 1.336
6th 1.160
Set final gear to 3.200

FC LSD
10/12/8
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast

Tested on A Spec willow springs. It is a little tight on the front but take it easy and drive this car sensibly and it will give you the win very easily. Alternatively, if you don't get on with this setup, I have been told that if you take the 600PP SS version, detune to 550PP and use the original settings, that tune is capable of 1.18s and a easy win too. Basicly, you have 2 options at 550PP with the same car to suit your driving style.

Engaging stunt car mode
View attachment 174649
View attachment 174650
Wicked pics:

Last edited:
I do love this tune shaun...its tight and safe:) it wins gold very easily and on certain parts of the track its it feels slightly better... ie going into the corners but i'm finding it a little bit stiff on the front end when trying to hold it on the corner so its taking me a little to wide for position to exit the corner,
But i have only have done 2 races so far 10 laps with it..gold both times and best lap time so far is 1.20.389 which still good but for me i like her a bit looser:) its still a wicked tune though and i think i might be pushing her a bit to hard...so i'm going to try a more calm approach thx mate
I found the original tune too lose for my liking. I tried to keep the looseness in the rear of the car but it wasn't really playing ball with me on that. I went for the tune which was the most consistent lap after lap. Unfortunately, that gave the car the tighter line on nearly all corners but I found I could push the car harder during the long corners without having the control the rear of the car with the throttle. I may have another go later to make it looser in the rear than it is now.

I found the original tune too lose for my liking. I tried to keep the looseness in the rear of the car but it wasn't really playing ball with me on that. I went for the tune which was the most consistent lap after lap. Unfortunately, that gave the car the tighter line on nearly all corners but I found I could push the car harder during the long corners without having the control the rear of the car with the throttle. I may have another go later to make it looser in the rear than it is now.
Mate if it works for you dont change it:) its a really good tune and i like it:)its my bad i think i'm trying to drive it like the other set up and pushing it to hard, going to try again now i think im hitting the tight corners to hard and with the other set up i could get away with it:) youre right it is better on the long ones:)
sorry for the double posting it keeps playing up when im typing:(

I'm internet poor & if it wasn't for my iPhone is be stuck in the 1990's.
As for the Lexus, I like a challenge at the Nurb. If I had a dollar for every lap I've run there, I could buy the 3D version, but you all a Lexus & we could play follow the leader.
Sorry your internet sucks pete:( hope you can get it sorted:)

Well done for getting silver though...it must of been nerve wrecking...i know..how are they getting gold and under 9mins:( thanks for the advice i will give it go...good luck with it:)

Thanks. Funnily enough i did yesterday after i had a few beers and a vodka after watching the football matches and i was really concentrating on the track as i knew i had some alcohol in my system haha sober this morning and i keep going off the track!!

I think gold is going to be too stressful. There is no room for error on such a time consuming lap. I would not mind too much if it was the short version of the ring but this one takes the 🤬 when you get disqualified. I will give it a few more goes. But i think i will settle for the silver.

Good luck to you too.

Thanks. Funnily enough i did yesterday after i had a few beers and a vodka after watching the football matches and i was really concentrating on the track as i knew i had some alcohol in my system haha sober this morning and i keep going off the track!!

I think gold is going to be too stressful. There is no room for error on such a time consuming lap. I would not mind too much if it was the short version of the ring but this one takes the 🤬 when you get disqualified. I will give it a few more goes. But i think i will settle for the silver.

Good luck to you too.
I often find that I am faster on tracks when I aren't concentrating over hard at driving the car. If i drive like I don't care, I get into a rhythm and my times get faster without trying. I am finding this on the final senna race. If i didnt fluff up the middle section of the track, I would be able to do a 1.08 easily but I always spin up the rears up the hill before the sharp right hander and end up in the grass. Just gotta nail that section and I reckon I can get gold but my patients wears thin after 30mins of disqualifications. :)

Wicked pics:

I like to mix my pictures up a bit sometimes. Whilst its nice to have scenery and passing other cars, the funny pictures with cars flying through the air are often fun to post.
Mate if it works for you dont change it:) its a really good tune and i like it:)its my bad i think i'm trying to drive it like the other set up and pushing it to hard, going to try again now i think im hitting the tight corners to hard and with the other set up i could get away with it:) youre right it is better on the long ones:)
sorry for the double posting it keeps playing up when im typing:(
Yes, this tune is designed for A spec at willow for the win rather than an all rounder (like the Ferrari 430 and Lexus). It certainly knows which way it needs to be driven so you may need to adapt your driving style slightly to get the most out of this car. I got a 1.20.001 out of this car in the actual race. There is a 1.18 or 1.19 in there somewhere though in the right hands.

I often find that I am faster on tracks when I aren't concentrating over hard at driving the car. If i drive like I don't care, I get into a rhythm and my times get faster without trying. I am finding this on the final senna race. If i didnt fluff up the middle section of the track, I would be able to do a 1.08 easily but I always spin up the rears up the hill before the sharp right hander and end up in the grass. Just gotta nail that section and I reckon I can get gold but my patients wears thin after 30mins of disqualifications. :)

I like to mix my pictures up a bit sometimes. Whilst its nice to have scenery and passing other cars, the funny pictures with cars flying through the air are often fun to post.

Yes, this tune is designed for A spec at willow for the win rather than an all rounder (like the Ferrari 430 and Lexus). It certainly knows which way it needs to be driven so you may need to adapt your driving style slightly to get the most out of this car. I got a 1.20.001 out of this car in the actual race. There is a 1.18 or 1.19 in there somewhere though in the right hands.
I know 118 or 119 is in this new set up too, in the right hands, i have now tried 7 races...got gold on all but couldnt beat my best of 1.20.197(with this set up)which i got in race 2.
So i went back to your first tune which is the looser version of your car and first race hit 1.19.073 ...my best so far is 1.18.343:) so looks like for me i will be sticking to your 1st tune;) i really did want this new tune to beat my best time but i couldnt pull it off...i worked out in the end that i was losing my time on the 2 big corners..not the small ones which i thought at first..i found i just couldnt drift enough around them smoothly like the old tune...i do really appreciate the new tune and its been fun trying to lower the time:)thx
They are both race winners with different driving styles:)

Last edited:

Good luck to you too.

Thx but i think im going to settle for bronze...i cant be bothered...its to frustrating when you come off:( and they say you cant drive any better when you had a drink...lol
good luck to you too if you decide to keep going for gold:)

I know 118 or 119 is in this new set up too, in the right hands, i have now tried 7 races...got gold on all but couldnt beat my best of 1.20.197(with this set up)which i got in race 2.
So i went back to your first tune which is the looser version of your car and first race hit 1.19.073 ...my best so far is 1.18.343:) so looks like for me i will be sticking to your 1st tune;) i really did want this new tune to beat my best time but i couldnt pull it off...i worked out in the end that i was losing my time on the 2 big corners..not the small ones which i thought at first..i found i just couldnt drift enough around them smoothly like the old tune...i do really appreciate the new tune and its been fun trying to lower the time:)thx
They are both race winners with different driving styles:)
I have made some slight amendments to the F599 at 550PP. It isn't as tight as it was and in free mode, I was running 1.18.5s with my skill. Maybe its because the car is set up for my style on this circuit but you may be able to get similar times now.

I have made some slight amendments to the F599 at 550PP. It isn't as tight as it was and in free mode, I was running 1.18.5s with my skill. Maybe its because the car is set up for my style on this circuit but you may be able to get similar times now.
Ok thx i will give a go.:) .well done thats a better time for you...thats taken off 1.5 secs:) cheers for letting me know

Ferrari 599 '06

550PP
555 BHP
1300kgs

Sports Soft Tyres

Change Oil

FC Sus
F/R
90/95
13.00/15.00
5/6
4/7
2/5
2.0/1.0
-0.06/0.10

Racing Braking Kit
8/7

FC Trans
Set final gear to 5.500
set max speed to 137mph
1st 3.216
2nd 2.470
3rd 1.944
4th 1.584
5th 1.336
6th 1.160
Set final gear to 3.200

FC LSD
10/12/6
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction
Ballast

Edit: I have fine tuned this car a little more. In free mode, I had this car running 1.18.5s - 1.19.5s consistently. Its still a little tight but this stops the rear end from sliding out from underneath you on the long corners which cost me time if I used the detuned 600PP version.

Engaging stunt car mode
View attachment 174649
View attachment 174650
No worries found it..lol:)

Ok i sold the Lexus CCS-R already so no temptation. I have a Lexus IS F Touring Car in my Garage witch works much better. PD can keep the Painting because i own 212 Paintings already

PHOTO_20140623_144813.jpg

Ok i sold the Lexus CCS-R already so no temptation. I have a Lexus IS F Touring Car in my Garage witch works much better. PD can keep the Painting because i own 212 Paintings already

View attachment 175329
Are the 250 mil credits earned legit or was it a bit of 1.01? If its the former, then you've been very busy. Ive earned 90mil credits and god knows how long I've spent on this game!

Are the 250 mil credits earned legit or was it a bit of 1.01? If its the former, then you've been very busy. Ive earned 90mil credits and god knows how long I've spent on this game!
Absolut legit. I run 1700+ Races and won 1600+ of them. When my Wife go to Work the TV belongs to me. She want me to do the Housework but i'm injured, right ?

Absolut legit. I run 1700+ Races and won 1600+ of them. When my Wife go to Work the TV belongs to me. She want me to do the Housework but i'm injured, right ?
Respect to you! I don't blame you, you should be relaxing and recovering from injury definitely! I am burning up willow springs at the moment in a selection of 550PP cars to grind some credits. I spent the last of mine a few days ago on the TS030. Nice car but not sure its worth 2 million credits right now. Hopefully a seasonal race will enable it to earn some back.

No worries found it..lol:)
599 '06
At last shaun 1.19.766...yippee..with your new set up in the race on willow:) It feels alot better on those big corners..well done.. a nice re-tune:) And i reckon i could do a little better..cheers again...:):)

599 '06
At last shaun 1.19.766...yippee..with your new set up in the race on willow:) It feels alot better on those big corners..well done.. a nice re-tune:) And i reckon i could do a little better..cheers again...:):)
1.19 is good. At least you can have 2 setups for this car now, the looser one which you enjoy and the tighter version if needed. Good to have a choice.

Respect to you! I don't blame you, you should be relaxing and recovering from injury definitely! I am burning up willow springs at the moment in a selection of 550PP cars to grind some credits. I spent the last of mine a few days ago on the TS030. Nice car but not sure its worth 2 million credits right now. Hopefully a seasonal race will enable it to earn some back.
My favorit Creditmakers are 10 laps Silverstone for Racecars and 10 Laps Ascari for Stockcars

BMW Z4 GT3 '11

650PP
741 BHP
1190kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Racing Hard Tyres

Change Oil

FC Suspension

F/R
65/70
19.75/22.25
7/8
6/7
3/4
2.5/3.5
-0.20/0.20

Racing Brake Kit
8/9

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.370
2nd 2.624
3rd 2.086
4th 1.713
5th 1.444
6th 1.254
Set final gear to 3.160

FC LSD
10/12/22

Set power limiter to 89.5%
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
F/R
400/800

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1.

View attachment 173993
View attachment 173995

@shaunm80

Good sir,

Just a small question:

On the tune update, the PP of my Z4 is at 657 with High RPM Turbo and 776BHP with 89.5% limited

an you please check if its correct, so I can be sure the mistake is mine...

TY! 👍

Chat soon. :)

My favorit Creditmakers are 10 laps Silverstone for Racecars and 10 Laps Ascari for Stockcars
Out of interest, what race car do you use for the Silverstone 10 lap race?
@shaunm80

Good sir,

Just a small question:

On the tune update, the PP of my Z4 is at 657 with High RPM Turbo and 776BHP with 89.5% limited

an you please check if its correct, so I can be sure the mistake is mine...

TY! 👍

Chat soon. :)
I will check in a bit. I'll have to turn on the PS3 in a little while and come back to you.
Edit: I have checked and what I have wrote down is correct. Not sure how much Engine Tuning Stage 3 may add but have you got that selected accidentally? If so, that may explain some of the extra HP? You may have to detune the engine further to reach the PP range. Either that of install Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit and change PP accordingly to keep the engine limiter as close to 100% as possible.

Has anyone else had this problem matching the PP to the Z4 GT3 with my setup?

Last edited:
1.19 is good. At least you can have 2 setups for this car now, the looser one which you enjoy and the tighter version if needed. Good to have a choice.
2 very good set ups...:) they will be good to have for different tracks if needed:) cheers for your wicked tunes shaun:)

I will check in a bit. I'll have to turn on the PS3 in a little while and come back to you.
Edit: I have checked and what I have wrote down is correct. Not sure how much Engine Tuning Stage 3 may add but have you got that selected accidentally? If so, that may explain some of the extra HP? You may have to detune the engine further to reach the PP range. Either that of install Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit and change PP accordingly to keep the engine limiter as close to 100% as possible.

The Mazda Furai 08 with 650 PP and Race Medium tyres

TY! 👍

Just did a small test, bought a new Z4 (mine has almost 1000km) and even with a new one the values don´t match...
For 650PP its 84.2% with High RPM at 732BHP or 100% Mid RPM at 669BHP

Maybe milleage is afecting tuning more now...

@shaunm80 - Just test info

Back