Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

what shall I do, have done the events have driven online races and even driven quick races online so now what

Otaliema, shaunm80 and fordracer like this.
  2. shaunm80

shaunm80

Drive some laps at Nurburgring GP/F track ready for testing :)

Otaliema, Soren Jacquet and fordracer like this.
  3. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

it testing for M-power

Otaliema likes this.
  4. shaunm80

shaunm80

Yep. Will begin tomorrow if all goes to plan :)

Otaliema, Soren Jacquet and fordracer like this.
  5. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Uhhhhhh nice, looking forward to that, love the track that we shall use and like those BMW´s

Otaliema and fordracer like this.
  6. shaunm80

shaunm80

There are a lot of them to like. :) You are in for a treat.

Otaliema, fordracer and Soren Jacquet like this.
  7. Otaliema

Otaliema

Use the Shotaliema BRZ it will give you some good practice in car that is forgiving on track that is not.

chrisspeed281 likes this.
  8. steefpeef

steefpeef

Hi Soren, i am sorry to read that your disc/laser is gone, and i am happy to read that the download worked.

Do you notice any difference?
    Is the system more quiet?
    Is it faster?

Now that the dvd/blue-ray access has stopped you must have noticed a difference,

thnx and grts Steef

chrisspeed281, fordracer and Otaliema like this.
  9. shaunm80

shaunm80

@Soren Jacquet - You should find that you have plenty of cars to keep you occupied in GT6 now. All the tunes for testing are now published and testing has officially begun. :) Enjoy!

fordracer, Soren Jacquet and Otaliema like this.
  10. steve nfs

steve nfs

Hi, Shaun. I try a HSV to get gold at the Apricot but too difficult. May get it if I try 1000 time ! Do you have a highest PP for this HSV tune? Just wanted GT500 car to get gold :lol:. The 600pp of your tune couldn't handle it :indiff::lol:. Just need a more lighter steer respond at the front.

20150621_062252.jpg

11. shaunm80

shaunm80

1.11.034 is very good still. Crikey!! Erm. No idea how high this PP goes. Will have a look later on for you.

steve nfs and Otaliema like this.
  12. steve nfs

steve nfs

Thks very much. Nowdays I think the cambers can be use for fine tuning... I just worry my transmission isn't right. :lol:

Otaliema likes this.
  13. Otaliema

Otaliema

Iirc the HSV has a tight peaky power band.
    Set the trans up as follows
    Final gear 0.800 from longest(smallest number)
    Set top speed one click slower then desired speed 320 km/h in general.
    Set gears
    1st longest (Far left)
    2nd longest
    5th shortest (far right)
    3rd move left till 4th & 5th are level.
    6th adjust till equal to 3rd
    Final far left.
    This should keep the RPM low in the tight turns to keep the tail in check and in power for the rest of the track and give you the the top end to win.

shaunm80 and steve nfs like this.
  14. steve nfs

steve nfs

Thks for guidance. I will post the experience of driving this car for gold. Hope to snatch the gold easily with this gearing. :cheers:

Otaliema likes this.
  15. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

are loading faster now and it´s now very very quiet , but the cars still handles the same way have to say it . and didn´t loose any cars og credits . so I´m happy with it

chrisspeed281, Otaliema and steefpeef like this.
  16. shaunm80

shaunm80

@biffa3

I have just checked on some of the TT's the time difference between us. On the Madrid 500PP one, I was a 1.30.671 and you achieved a 1.31.729.

On the 700PP at apricot hill, you were 0.700 faster than me. It also appears you are not a drift fan so I can't compare myself against you in that department. :)

I would say we are pretty evenly matched on time trials in all fairness.

Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.
  17. biffa3

biffa3

Trust me, it's all about the tune on the car. Did I use the 905 at Apricot?, it had a tune on it that I didn't label and can't remember where it came from. Will try out your tune for the Miura at Madrid to see if I can catch you up.

Never really fancied drifting, was garbage at it in GT5 so never tried in GT6.

Otaliema, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  18. shaunm80

shaunm80

I didn't check which car you used on Apricot. I didn't particularly enjoy that track, those massive cars with those corners in the dark.. Not my cup of tea if I'm being honest, I checked back over the other seasonals and you were a lot quicker than me on some of the events, granted, I did a grab gold and run on them but I don't think I could have caught you up on the earlier ones.

My muira tune is very quick around that track. It managed to go down to a 1.27 with someone else at the wheel I believe, so it has a lot of potential.

19. LordJCS

LordJCS

Decided it was time to let the "popcorn popper" stretch it's legs. Won the 700pp seasonal at -tokyo R246 with ease .

Nice to not have to worry about wheel spin for once. hehe

20. steve nfs

steve nfs

At last, achieve it.:lol: Actually it's not the gearing problem to achieve gold with the HSV. The main solutions is this: 20150622_225151.jpg 20150622_224620.jpg

21. shaunm80

shaunm80

Very good. Well done. I don't have the 15th Anniversary edition but it does look very cool. Add all power parts and reduce LSD was it?

Otaliema likes this.
  22. steve nfs

steve nfs

Yes, the difference of the Anniversary with the normal HSV is a little bit torque. Same result actually. Very low LSD and the 'almost perfect' downforce for this track makes me almost faint. :banghead: . Don't dare to try next time :crazy:.:lol:

Otaliema, Soren Jacquet and shaunm80 like this.
  23. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

have just driven a couple of BMW´s in the FITT . Fun fun fun . nice care and tunes so far...
    My rewiew will come when O´m finish with them all

24. shaunm80

shaunm80

Cool. You know to post it in the FITT thread using the template created by otaliema right? :) I am looking forward to your thoughts on all the tunes.

25. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Jeeeeep my friend

chrisspeed281, Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.
  26. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Hey @shaunm80 I now have all of my 324 cars in my garage and they are all your tunes, and instead of having all your tunes on paper and in my draw, I have now got them all in my files on my computer to find them easy. :)

27. shaunm80

shaunm80

Thats good to hear :) All my tunes are stored digitally on this site. I don't actually have any backups of them so here is to hoping that I don't have a catastrophic loss of data any time soon. That would be awfully annoying if it did happen. Once I have finished off all my uni work for this year, I will be working on new tunes for the garage. I know its been neglected a little of late with new tunes but I do plan on remedying that in the coming months.

28. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Have you got a record on how many tunes have you done all up

29. shaunm80

shaunm80

Nope, nothing like that. I know its upwards of 220 individual cars, some with multiple tunes applied to each. I have backups of my GT6 save though so should something happen, I at least have my save data to fall back on.

30. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Thursday is the interesting date , new TT and Drift Events and a update is coming so let's see what we get

Otaliema and hall90 like this.