Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Otaliema

Otaliema

I should have put AI initiated contact allowed, you make a clean pass then they hit you at the next turn your clear. Now if you force yourself inside at a turn too late for anyone to have done anything your DQ'ed

Here is my second run accidentally cut a corner in the first pix win I didn't notice till I watched the replay.

2. dddsprayshop

dddsprayshop

So my run is a DQ? I guess it is...I was so close.

Otaliema likes this.
  3. Otaliema

Otaliema

I'll call it good a real driver would have moved. They left it open and tried to close it too late. For by th issue to come into the turn at the same time as them. You out brakes the NSX it jumped in to try and close the door to late

dddsprayshop and shaunm80 like this.
  4. dddsprayshop

dddsprayshop

Wow, thanks. Nice tune btw.

I just had a lineup with an Lotus elise, eeehm, that lotus was fast, i had a 3seconds gap at the finish and came in 2nd. All laps around 1:05.xxx and then a lotus that is 3 seconds faster..
    Laptimes and finishboard just 0.4 seconds slower overall time than my run with the NSX's
    beware of G.Chapman in his Lotus Elise 111R.
    shot0076.png shot0077.png

shaunm80 likes this.
  5. Otaliema

Otaliema

No problem and thanks.
    Adjust the ARB's up one each if you have a fast line up will cut a few tents off your laps. But I think the Lotus may be a bit much for the Clio at 380

dddsprayshop likes this.
  6. dddsprayshop

dddsprayshop

ARB? you mean the LSD values? Sorry don't know what ARB means. i guess something with Acceleration and Brake?
    I'm gonna sleep, i'm tired.

Otaliema likes this.
  7. Otaliema

Otaliema

ARB=anti roll bars

dddsprayshop likes this.
  8. Otaliema

Otaliema

For the record @TurnLeft gets credit on the coward pedal line :tup: he used it way back in February with McClairan COTM.
    Mr. Left if you would like some fun and a challenge take that Clio out see if you can win. Note per information from @dddsprayshop you can not beat the Elise.

TurnLeft likes this.
  9. Hotspace 5150

Hotspace 5150

Took your suggestion of this car.. Tuned This Car... Won the New Intermediate Level Non-Race Car Challenge... The credits and the prize car are mine! Just brilliant tune. It won with no problems... Thinking about re-painting it. Thank you.. Cheers, TC.

Otaliema likes this.
  10. dddsprayshop

dddsprayshop

Aaah yes.:idea: but i need at least a second per lap, a tenth will not do.
    Anyway, off to work.

Otaliema likes this.
  11. LordJCS

LordJCS

It just so happens i have a Clio V6 tuned to that level. Based off of my 400pp version. I'll have to do a shootout between yours and mine. A challenge within a challenge so to speak, @Otaliema

12. shaunm80

shaunm80

Lexus IS F Racing Concept ‘08 (Drift Setup)

598PP
    702 BHP
    1350kgs
    Weight Distribution 52:48

Comfort Hard Tyres

Change Oil (After transmission has been setup)

FC Suspension
    F/R
    40/45
    16.85/15.20
    5/6
    4/5
    3/4
    0.0/1.6
    -0.15/0.30

Racing Brake Kit
    1/8

FC Transmission
    Set final gear to 5.000
    Set max speed to 124mph
    1st 2.591
    2nd 2.015
    3rd 1.588
    4th 1.295
    5th 1.097
    6th 0.964
    Set final gear to 4.300
    (Adjust final gear if you need more speed for drifting)

FC LSD
    5/50/5

Set power limiter to 100.0%
    High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
    F/R
    350/475

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

Special Stage Route 5 Clubman.jpg
    Special Stage Route 5 Clubman_1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.
  13. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Hey @Otaliema your Renault Clio V6 24V '00 for the A-spec Beginners' Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Cape Ring Inside, is very good at 380pp and I just won and using only ABS 1 and everything else off. I think the front camber is set to high for a G27 wheel but I just have to get use to it and my race time was 3:42.xxx :tup:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2015
    Otaliema, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  14. TurnLeft

TurnLeft

Actually the "coward pedal " phrase comes from the signature of our good buddy @DolHaus :lol:. I took your Clio out last night after doing a 12 hour shift, I was running in the 1:41.xxx and 1:42.XXX, I tried it with 4 different groups of competitors and won all 4, I guess my groups were a bit slow, even had one with 3 NSX in it and that was the easiest one :odd:. The first two races were fun then it started to dwindle out, could be fun using this in a rally type race online, one make race just with the Clio :tup:. I have very little time left for playing these days, I'm racing tomorrow and I haven't even had time to check my fuel consumption for the race :eek:, just hope I'll put enough gas to make it to the finish line :lol:. After August I should get a bit more free time to visit all of you (PS: I'll get to that document on transmission at some point ) :cheers:

DolHaus, LordJCS, Otaliema and 2 others like this.
  15. shaunm80

shaunm80

This credit for "The coward pedal" is being shared out a lot. :) Great to see credit given where credit is due.

I am yet to try this Clio. Darn uni assignment is taking to nearly all my time right now.

Otaliema, chrisspeed281 and TurnLeft like this.
  16. Otaliema

Otaliema

eww good luck guess high better to finish a place back then not finish at all yeah?

TurnLeft likes this.
  17. burner94

burner94

About the Pescarolo for the Expert seasonal.
    I found out that zero camber and front ARB to 4 make the car a bit more stable when going fast. Also, the oil change isn't recommended -- you can have more HP for the same PP without one (well not really, but you can set a higher power limiter, and IMO that's a better thing especially since the C60 Hybride-Judd makes its peak power at high RPMs, it's gonna be better to cut it off as less as possible... "as less as possible", is that even a sentence? Whatever, you got me :p ). However, I can't get better place than 2nd with it... Also, have you tried tuning the LM55 VGT for this event? I guess it has some potential... just that I can't set up its diff's properly and I always end up with an understeery thingy.

Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.
  18. shaunm80

shaunm80

Ah yes. Camber. my bug bear at times. It either works great, or it sucks.. If you find a tune with camber isn't doing it for you, take it off completely and that will usually make it better straight away. It is the same with my Audi R10 Stealth Model. I put camber on it but then found it from others that it worked better without.. Who knew..

As for the Lexus LM55, Try the tune below. It may work, it may not. It was not tuned specifically for this event but it should be fairly universal for tracks.

Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo (710PP RH) P169 +5057

chrisspeed281 and Otaliema like this.
  19. Otaliema

Otaliema

I believe it should read "as little as possible". *Note that too peaky of a power band will result in sharp shifting with wheel spin, so having a flatten power band will help with stability and over all power to ground output of the car and thus acceleration and there fore speed.

chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  20. burner94

burner94

Yeah that should be it, grammar wise :p
    Soooo you mean that an oil change and a more strict limiter are gonna do better on the Pescarolo on Tokyo? Could try... But Mazda first xD

chrisspeed281, Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.
  21. Otaliema

Otaliema

Despite what a lot of people feel a flatten power band with higher torque equals longer at full power with more torque which means more acceleration, more acceleration equals more speed. you can also set up gears longer so you shift less have less harsh shifts to reduce the chance of wheel spin.

burner94 likes this.
  22. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

danm Gt6 disc it wont load now I tryede everything cleaning everyting laser and the disc nothing works.
    So now I bought IT at playstation store now i hope I still got all my car and creits

Ps Yes still have all my cars and credits

chrisspeed281 likes this.
  23. Otaliema

Otaliema

That sucks dude at least you still had everything

chrisspeed281 and Soren Jacquet like this.
  24. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

yes that it nice :cheers:

chrisspeed281 and Otaliema like this.
  25. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Hey @shaunm80 I use your Scion FR-S '12 for the A-spec Beginners' Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Cape Ring Inside, and it handles very good with no problems with this car at all, and the best lap I did was just over 58 seconds :tup:.

26. shaunm80

shaunm80

I shall add that car to the list. Thats a very quick lap time. :)

27. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Thanks, but the credit goes to you for an enjoyable drive :).

28. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Otaliema likes this.
  29. shaunm80

shaunm80

Why are the Ferrari's so far back? They look great and they should have the legs on some of those cars around them.

Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.
  30. Burned_Rubber

Burned_Rubber

This car is a lot of fun to slide around Cape Ring at 450pp with TC 0. Just remove all power parts, set limiter to 50%, and use 5kg ballast at position 0. 1:03's with CS tires (I already had them on when the first race started. Maybe from a previous event?). 1:00.xx with SH tires with much time to be had. I'm thinking .58's are pretty easily possible

Otaliema, fordracer and shaunm80 like this.