Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
just tried the Tomahawk GTS at the 24min. Le Mans and got a comfortable win :)

IMG_20150628_081514.jpg

@shaunm80 your tunes for the SRT VGT are really really great.
have also tryede @chrisspeed281 tune and must say that he has impress me thats works realy fine stabel without TC so maybe Ther is another tuner hidden away in him
Thank you. Glad you enjoyed my VGT setups. Have you tried them on any of the A spec career races yet? I can imagine they should be stable for those races.

The Danish Rabbit Have taken 1st Place at Daytona Road Course
lap time Now 1:11.694
Taken over the lead at Daytona Road Course: time 0:59.325 :).
Taken over the lead at Willow Spring International Raceway: time 1:11.284 :).

I am done with these TTs now and I am going to try out some of @shaunm80 new tunes and that Danish rabbit pie was very nice.

Hey guys
It's been a while since I posted on here due to me moving recently and trying to find a job and stuff.

I have decided that I am gonna try and learn to tune cars myself before gt7 comes out (eventually) but this is turning out a lot more frustrating than I had ever imagined and I would appreciate your guy's help. If you guys would be willing to try my tunes and tell me what I'm doing wrong and what to try to make it better, I would be forever grateful

Hey guys
It's been a while since I posted on here due to me moving recently and trying to find a job and stuff.

I have decided that I am gonna try and learn to tune cars myself before gt7 comes out (eventually) but this is turning out a lot more frustrating than I had ever imagined and I would appreciate your guy's help. If you guys would be willing to try my tunes and tell me what I'm doing wrong and what to try to make it better, I would be forever grateful
Always glad to help new tuners. Welcome back to the game. I hope the move went well and nothing broken.
A tip is tune a car you haven't driven before that has a good tune for it already in another garage. Drive yours save the best lap. Put the other tune on the car and drive save best lap and compare them in the data logger. Look at the ride hight g load and drive wheel speed to see how the other tune (that is hopefully faster) is working compared to yours. Hami's guide is the best if I paint my self into a corner I reach for it to find a window to jump out of :lol:

Always glad to help new tuners. Welcome back to the game. I hope the move went well and nothing broken.
A tip is tune a car you haven't driven before that has a good tune for it already in another garage. Drive yours save the best lap. Put the other tune on the car and drive save best lap and compare them in the data logger. Look at the ride hight g load and drive wheel speed to see how the other tune (that is hopefully faster) is working compared to yours. Hami's guide is the best if I paint my self into a corner I reach for it to find a window to jump out of :lol:
Well I searched the web for a bit but was only able to find 1 tune for this car (Ford Taurus SHO)

I went in expecting it to be a few seconds faster but I found the opposite. My tune got a 1:22.054 on midfield but the best I could pull off in the other tune was 1:25.212.
My conclusion is that either my tune is actually pretty good, or this other tune is just really bad, but I got it off the gt6 directory so I don't think that's it

Edit: took one of Shaun's cars with a similar power, weight, FF N/A out on the same track and my Taurus was still 1.6 seconds faster. Starting to think my tune is actually of good quality.

I used Shaun's 147 GTA at 450
Also here is the link to the Taurus tune I used
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/get-funky-garage.297260/page-2#post-9350008

Last edited:
Back