Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
the lovely picture for me

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 23
Shaun,
I won the lowest powered Tomahawk this afternoon and then I used it at the "24 mins of SPA". The car was way faster than all the other LMPs and I was leading by 1:20 when I glanced at my fuel gauge on lap 6 and OMG, I was almost out of gas and just around the corner from the Start/Finish line. I stopped, reversed and tried to reverse into the pits but couldn't negotiate the corner in reverse. I then reversed down the straight and into the pit lane which somehow subtracted a lap from my scoring?? Yikes! I got gas and tires, which I did not need and then found out I was a lap behind instead of almost a lap ahead. I was turning consistent 1:55's in the dark and the rain BTW, on Race Soft tires. I went like hell and had to lap the whole field again and then got ahead of a few cars before the last lap was finished. Not enough time remaining to win but if I had another 5 minutes, I could have done it.

My point is, this car is not as hard to drive as the X model but still faster than the other LMPs. I think however that it could benefit from a tune. Are you up for it??

Cheers, Pete

EDIT: Sorry guys, I backtracked in this thread and found all the tunes. I have spent the last 8 days out on the wild west coast in my kayak cleaning up Tsunami debris from Japan and other countries. Totally out of touch with everyone with no cellular service even. We picked up a whole barge load of crap. Even got some beautiful mag wheels all mounted with good rubber. Too bad they won't fit on my Golf!?!

Anyway,that has put me out of the loop here. Thanks to Shaun and Chris for the work you put in here.
Cheers, Pete

Last edited:
Shaun,
I won the lowest powered Tomahawk this afternoon and then I used it at the "24 mins of SPA". The car was way faster than all the other LMPs and I was leading by 1:20 when I glanced at my fuel gauge on lap 6 and OMG, I was almost out of gas and just around the corner from the Start/Finish line. I stopped, reversed and tried to reverse into the pits but couldn't negotiate the corner in reverse. I then reversed down the straight and into the pit lane which somehow subtracted a lap from my scoring?? Yikes! I got gas and tires, which I did not need and then found out I was a lap behind instead of almost a lap ahead. I was turning consistent 1:55's in the dark and the rain BTW, on Race Soft tires. I went like hell and had to lap the whole field again and then got ahead of a few cars before the last lap was finished. Not enough time remaining to win but if I had another 5 minutes, I could have done it.

My point is, this car is not as hard to drive as the X model but still faster than the other LMPs. I think however that it could benefit from a tune. Are you up for it??

Cheers, Pete
They are all tuned already, check a few pages back and you will find what your looking for :)
(Page 307 and page 308)

Last edited:
Honda CR-X SiR '90

450PP
254 BHP
970kgs
Weight Distribution 53:47

Sports Hard Tyres

NO oil change
Custom Rear Wing

F-G-M
Height -5
Width -15
Rims - Inch Up: 2

FC Suspension
F/R
115/120
6.55/4.40
5/5
4/6
3/4
0.8/0.6
-0.08/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to Default)
Set final gear to 5.00
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 3.079
2nd 2.392
3rd 1.919
4th 1.579
5th 1.337
6th 1.180
Set final gear to 3.440

FC LSD
10/12/16
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Isometric Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tuning
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Downforce - Set to 15

Ballast - Set 103kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

A ricer through and through. I am going to be honest, I don't really understand where the term Ricer comes from but I know one when I see one and this fits the bill. :)

View attachment 396638
View attachment 396639
View attachment 396640

The term Ricer means that it comes from Japan, where, even the smallest vacant lot in any town will have a rice paddy in it supplying rice for all that sushi, Ha HA. Seriously, they grow a lot of rice there.
Cheers, Pete

SRT Tomahawk X Vision Gran Turismo

958PP
2586 BHP
775kg
Weight Distribution 47:53

Racing Soft Tyres (No really, you need them!!)

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
74/78
21.95/26.75
5/5
4/7
2/4
2.8/1.8
-0.06/0.06

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 6.000
Set max speed to 311mph
1st 3.763
2nd 2.898
3rd 1.930
4th 1.409
5th 1.106
6th 0.897
7th 0.752
Set final gear to 4.885
(Adjust final gear to suit track.. Like you need all this speed anyway)

FC LSD
F/R
10/14
12/18
10/12

Set power limiter to 100.0% unless you need to reduce to reach regs for a career race.

Ballast - Set 26kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only (Thats right, TCS 1... It is amazing)

A few notes about this car. It is DS3 compatible, it is extraordinarily fast and to make the most of this car, press R1 to turn off active aero down long straights. Remember to let go though when you come to a corner. It will not turn as well without the aero doing its dancing thing.

View attachment 397247
View attachment 397249
View attachment 397248

This car is insane! Especially on the nurburgring. It was definitely one of the hardest races I have completed. It accelerates so fast its hard to keep it on the track. I took it out to route X and without drafting got it to 437mph with some tweeks to the tune. Good tune though. Thanks again for your hard work.

A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 2/7/15)

The Crew™_20150701230221.jpg

By now you should all know the drill. If you find a car in this garage which can achieve gold in any of the below events, don't be shy about it and let me know what you've stumbled across. :) The more obscure, the better.

Beginners' Level Super Car Festival (550PP SH)
Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro '09 (550PP SH)
BMW M3 GTR '03 (550PP SS) - With SH Tyres
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (549PP SH)
Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (550PP SM) - With SH Tyres
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec II (R32) '94 (540pp SH)
Toyota Supra RZ '97 (550PP SH) - Change final gear.

Intermediate Level Dirt Challenge (600PP DT)
Mitsubishi Conceept XR-PHEV Evolution Vision Gran Turismo (600PP RH) - With Dirt tyres added
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Rally Tune - Snow/Dirt Tyres) (550PP DT)

Expert Level GT All Stars (600PP RH)
Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12 (600PP RH) - General Track Tune
Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line (600PP RH)
Mazda Furai ‘08 (650PP RH) - Reduced to 600PP
Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (600PP RH)

Last edited:
A Spec Seasonal Races (Updated 2/7/15)

View attachment 402177

By now you should all know the drill. If you find a car in this garage which can achieve gold in any of the below events, don't be shy about it and let me know what you've stumbled across. :) The more obscure, the better.

Beginners' Level Super Car Festival (550PP SH)
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (549PP SH)

Intermediate Level Dirt Challenge (600PP DT)
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (Rally Tune - Snow/Dirt Tyres) (550PP DT)

Expert Level GT All Stars (600PP RH)
Jaguar XJ13 Chrome Line (600PP RH)
550 pp bmw m3 GTR
600 PPAudi Quattro pikes peak
600PP gt all stars Toyota ts030

Well, at least I received two new cars today that I didn't own before. The rally car has gone straight into stockyard but I shall be giving the GT By Citroen Concept car a tune at some point :)

Now for a rant..

I don't think it is just me but the whole 500 cars in your main garage thing is really starting to bug me now. I mean really. limit the whole garage to 2000 cars like they did in GT5, or let me see what cars I own in the dealership by linking stockyard to the dealership too. I am starting to get a little confused with what cars I own and which I have put in a virtual black hole somewhere in PD land.

Rant over.. :)

Well, at least I received two new cars today that I didn't own before. The rally car has gone straight into stockyard but I shall be giving the GT By Citroen Concept car a tune at some point :)

Now for a rant..

I don't think it is just me but the whole 500 cars in your main garage thing is really starting to bug me now. I mean really. limit the whole garage to 2000 cars like they did in GT5, or let me see what cars I own in the dealership by linking stockyard to the dealership too. I am starting to get a little confused with what cars I own and which I have put in a virtual black hole somewhere in PD land.

Rant over.. :)
It was a good rant Shaun, your not the only one to get confused with what cars I own and the stockyard should be for cattle only and not for cars, and a garage limit should be at 2000 cars.

I use your Mitsubishi Conceept XR-PHEV Evolution Vision Gran Turismo for the Intermediate Level Dirt Challenge (600PP DT) and won by 13 seconds. I think this car is my new rally car to use now and thanks to you. :cheers:

Hey there folks.

July Car of the Month has begun. As usual, I will be shamelessly plugging it in my garage as I have a couple of my tunes submitted to this thread. :)

Here are the treats that await you should you have the time to check the thread out and perhaps even test/review some of the tunes submitted.

Link here

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71

cudaimg1-jpg.215239

Plymouth AAR Cuda 340 Six Barrel '70

willow-springs-international-raceway_-big-willow_2-jpg.396642

Back