Bronze Dragon Tuning; Closed indefinitely.

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 441 comments
United States
mid west USA
Otaliema
Welcome to Bronze Dragon tuning. Here you will find a variety of cars from old classics to modern hyper cars. All cars are tuned with one goal, be as fast they can be and still be stable. Only one exception and that's the TT tunes, they are set up for shear speed. They are not stable they are not driver friendly but they are fast.

About me; I'm a stay at home dad that spends his days playing with two toddlers One kindergartner and one preschooler *My how time flies* and watching cartoons :) I play early mornings and late evenings on occasion. So my garage will be slow to populate with cars. I also participate in every FITT challenge that comes along so most of my tunes will be FITT tunes for a while.
Feedback is always welcome.

Transmission tuning guide
I spent a over a year writing and refining this guide to help understand the quirks of the GT6 transmission system and how to take advantage of it for you goals, from hard fast accelerating gears to steady smooth high speed gearing, you will find out how to build them to the best they can be.

I am a very active F.I.T.T. tuner competing in all GT6 challenges that have been ran, and I have hosted a couple so far and will host more in the future. You can visit the FITT Archives here.
All my FITT tunes will be marked as such here in the tune list.

Seasonal TT tunes will be marked as TT, all orders will be as marked.

I have pretty well learned the wheel now. As a note, being a long time user of a DSx controllers I understand that using a wheel based tune on a DS2/3 can be difficult. As such all my tunes will be tested with a DS3 prior to posting. if any special settings need to be changed a new tune will posted and marked DS.

DS; Wheel tuned cars that need special changes for a DS3 to keep them user friendly.

FITT; Tuned in accordance with the rules for the challenge they where tuned for. They may or may not be good for racing.

FITTU; Unused cars from FITT challenges. Good cars just didn't make the cut for the challenge.

TT; Hot lap tuned for one track. Will not have the best results in a race or another track most of the time.

Race; Stable or safe, all around set up will work at most tracks with just the adjustment of the Final gear for speed. You wont set many track records but you also shouldn't find your self crashing with out some help.

Endurance; Tunes made to conserve tires and fuel as much as possible and still win the race

Online; These are someplace between Hot Lap and Race are tuned on X Medium tires. Any special settings adjustments for Race soft tires will be listed in the comments of the tune and may require a second tune page for the car. The reason for medium tire tuning is too allow you to change tires based on the room rules. Hard tires will be a tad loose, Soft tires will be a tad tight but will always work.

Any tune with a W x% after it was tuned for wet conditions. The x% represents the the wetness level of the track it was tune at should work +/- 25% with no real issues.

Jordan has made a wonderful tuning data base, so all tunes for Bronze Dragon will be stored here using the tuning data base. You can visit my tunes page to see all my current tunes. Being a proper garage I will list all of them below broken down by PP than alphabetically by manufacture and car.

I will do a custom tune or requests, so if you want to see a car tuned up, just ask, if I can afford it I will tune it up to the requested PP for the requested tires. Just put the request in the thread. If you want a custom tune for a car PM me, I will work with you in private till it's the way you want it.

will list all my currently shared tracks here, click the link, sign into PSN and you can save the track directly to your game and it will auto download when you next play the game

Master List
SSR-11 GT1 layout vrs 1.5.1
Shotaliema test Track ver 2.11
Vancouver Raceway Fictional track
Rome GT 2 & 3 Daytime layout
The Complex Sttring Author syntex123
Special Stage Route 11 GT 3 layout Author fubbles888
Dragon training Blind Turns
Exter GT Shotaliema Circuit Author morans1980(@shaunm80)
Pikes peak 10 km of the real toll way leading to the summit. I came up 800 m short of the parking lot -_-
SSR-11 GT1
Bronze Dragon
F-15A nuf said 👍
3,2,1 Launch Jump track

Current projects

Aero kit testing effects on top speed and acceleration of a street car from 400 PP to 700 PP *I wont say no to help if you want to go do mindless driving on Indy or SSR-X*
Project sidelined due to time constraints.

Re-writing the Transmission Tuning guide. In final editing revision right now. All done

Current project cars

NSX Type S
Honda S2000
McClairen MP4-12C see below car of the month got me to finish it.

Exter GT tuning
Ford

Ford RS200 500 Rally

Honda
Honda HCS '03 540 PP Race

Subaru

Subabru BRZ S '12450 PP Race

Comfort Tires unless listed otherwise in the tune

Honda
Honda S500 '63

Lotus
Elise '11 Race

Renault
Renault Clio V6 24V '00

Mazda
Roadster '07 Race

Mini
Mini Cooper 1.3i '98 FITT

Mitsubishi
3000GT SR (J) '95 Race Online

Volkswagen
Volkswagen Schiwmmwagen Typ 166 '42 Race

Toyota
Toyota MR2 1600 G '86 FITT

Ford
Ford Focus ST '06 FITT

Honda
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 450 TT The sane one (safe)
Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04 450 TT The crazy one (not safe)

Lotus
Elise Type 72 '01 FITT
Elise 111R '04 Race

Mini
Mini Cooper S '11 FITT

Shelby
Shelby Series One Surper Charged '03 TT

Tommy Kaira
Tommy Kaira ZZ-S '00 Race 400-581 PP

Volkswagen
Sicrocco R '10 Race

Sports Tires unless listed otherwise in the tune
Audi
Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car 15th Anniversary '86 TT
Audi Quattro S1 Rally Car '86 TT

BMW
BMW M3 GTR '03 FITT Overall 1st place car
M4 coupé Race

Ferrari
Dino 246 GT '76 Race

Ford
GT40 Mark I '66 Race/Seasonal

Honda
NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car TT/Race
NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car Race

Light Car Company
Rocket '07 Race
Rocket '07 Wet 100%

Lotus
Elise 111R '04 TT

Mazda
Roadster Touring car FITT
Roadster Touring Car Race (FITT update)

Mitsubishi
Lancer Evolution IX GSR Touring car '05 FITT

Re Amemiya
Re Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06

RUF
RUF 3400S '00 FITT

Shelby
Series One Supercharged TT
Series One Super Charged '03 Race

Subaru
BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 FITT
BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 Race
Impreza Sedan WRX STI '10 Rally*TT seasonal*
Subaru Sedan WRX WTI '10 Race 500
Impreza WRX STI '07 TT
Impreza Coupe WRX typeR Version VI '99 TT
Impreza Sedan STi '10 FITT
Impreza GT300 Base Model Seasonal W 70%
Impreza WRX STI spec C '09 500 PP TT semi-stable
Impreza Spec C '09 500PP TT Unstable and faster

Suzuki
Refined GSX-R/4 '01 TT
Neutral Balanced Base tune GSX-R/4 '01 TT
GSX-R/4 TT
GSX/R-4 TT Big williow Winged

Toyota
FT-86 concept '09 FITT
RSC Rally Car TT Harder drive
RSC Rally Car TT Easier drive
RSC Rally Car Race Wet

Sports Tires unless listed otherwise in the tune

Aryton Senna
F3 WSR 1983 Aryton Senna FITT
F3 WSR 1983 Aryton Senna Updated tune Tester feedback updates.

Apline
Apline VGT Race Mode Race

Chevrolet
Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 FITT Entry, 2nd in lap time
Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 Rebuilt FITT Tune based on driver feedback.

Ferrari
F40 '92 Race

Ford
Mustang Shelby GT500 '13 FITT
GT '05 Race

Lotus
Elise '11 Race

RUF
CTR2 '96 FITT

Subaru
Impreza Rally Car Prototype '01 FITT

Suzuki
GSX-R/4 '01 TT (old)
Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01TT (current)

Racing Tires unless listed otherwise in the tune

Chapparal
2J '70 TT
2J '70 Race

Ford
GT '05 FITT 1st place car

Ford (AU)
Ford Falcon XR8 2000 FITT entry

Jaguar
XKR-S '11 FITT

Lamborghini
Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 Race

Nissian
Zytek Z11SH Greaves Motorsport '13 600 PP Race

Subaru
VIZIV GT VGT Race

Tommykaira
ZZII '00 TT

Racing Tires unless listed otherwise in the tune

McClaren
McClaren MP4-12C '10 Endurance

Pagani
Huayra '13 FITT 2nd Place overall tune

Racing Soft Tires unless listed otherwise in the tune

Mazda
LM55 Vision Gran Turismo RH seasonal

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say, that my GT6 disk has died, and with the PS3 acting up, my wife and I have decided to upgrade to the PS4, so with that. I will not be replacing my game, so I bid you all fair well. May find that missing hundredth of a second on that lap!!!!

Last edited:
All results below where for game vers 1.08 retesting is in progress, it is known that the Stingray is slower than before due to changes in the way FR operate.

Aero Kit testing.
I did some testing with aero kits I am still in the process of testing the various effects but here is what I have thus far.
Using a Corvette Stingray '14 633 PP 896 hp 1260 kg 49:51 weight distribution we tested the affects of top speed on the car the various aero kits available for the car, All test done at SSR-X Manual transmission ABS 1 only aid active.

No aero kits
465 km/h 4:02.581

Flat floor
406 km/h 4:34.204

Front Aero type A
460 km/h 4:04.565

Generic Wing
460 km/h 4:03.250

Custom wing Large D,D,F configuration -15 high -41 wide
460 km/h 4:03.734

Custom Wing small H,H,F Configuration -17 high -42 wide
460 km/h 4:03.973

Front Aero with Custom wing small from above
460 km/h 4:03.577

Flat floor, Front Aero Custom wing small
406 km/h 4:34.350

From what we are seeing it seems that the aero kits front or back reduce Top speed by about 1% no matter what even in combo. The flat floor reduces top speed by about 13%
It also seems the effects do not stack, the larger of the two takes precedence for the speed reduction.
We will be testing the affects of the kits on a non top speed driven tracks to see if the reduction in speed is made up for in turning ability on the car. We will also be testing the affects of drag these parts cause. This will take time as each lap has to be saved and examined in the data logger.

New tests being developed with the assistance of @Thorin Cain Car one will be the roadsters that have been posted for the current seasonals.

Last edited:
Good luck on your solo mission 👍

I will update the link in my garage to here.

Any thought on joining in the latest challenge, seems many of the usual suspects are either busy with the FITT BTCC or have missed it. Always trying to get ahead of you but not by your absence.:lol:

Good luck on your solo mission 👍

I will update the link in my garage to here.

Any thought on joining in the latest challenge, seems many of the usual suspects are either busy with the FITT BTCC or have missed it. Always trying to get ahead of you but not by your absence.:lol:
I will join it, I wont miss one unless RL gets in the way. I need constantly changin goals to keep my interest in a game and FITT gives that. :)

Nice Transmission Guide 👍

I've given it a quick read and it looks very comprehensive. I like the working examples you've included too, it should make it easier to understanding what is required when setting up the transmissions.

I'm looking forward to getting to work with this later, I feel it's going to be a huge help in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to do this guide. I'm sure it'll be a big help to a lot of people. :cheers:

0eR6YxlwH8FD3G3Rs_0.jpg

Rocket '07 Nice little 520 tuned on SH tires that drives like it's got SS on it. have it enjoy the grip and the drive the tune is pretty stable to 600+ PP so feel free tto up the power just reset the gears to the same slide location's.

tommykiarazzii001-jpg.271307

ZZII '00 Seasonal TT tune.
Brake a tad early, give it moderate power till you hit the apex then give it the beans!!!! hang on to your hat it's getting to just a bit shy of 300 km/h on the front straight.

Last edited:
@Otaliema

1st Test Session of TK ZZII Suzuka Seasonal:
  • Fastest - 1:58:570
Impressions:
  • Good top speed
  • A bit of understeer (only on fast corners)
  • Even with early braking, for me and my driving style, the brakes are kind of weak, i'm loosing time in key sections of the track.
It's relative easy to drive, but the high LSD may cause some understeer in exiting corner acceleration...

👍 Hope LordJCS can do better... :)

@Otaliema

1st Test Session of TK ZZII Suzuka Seasonal:
  • Fastest - 1:58:570
Impressions:
  • Good top speed
  • A bit of understeer (only on fast corners)
  • Even with early braking, for me and my driving style, the brakes are kind of weak, i'm loosing time in key sections of the track.
It's relative easy to drive, but the high LSD may cause some understeer in exiting corner acceleration...

👍 Hope LordJCS can do better... :)
Thank you sir, I'll look at the braking see if I can bring the distance down. What sections where you losing time due to the brakes?

of course that's the two spots :lol: I am no good in the spoon I can never get the line right, and I have trouble with the rhythm in the S's ugg but I'll figure it out! :cheers: Thank you sir.
Better head back to @shaunm80 garage before he starts to wonder :lol:
Yes. please come back... my garage awaits your many many reviews for the new A Spec seasonal races which have just been released. :)

of course that's the two spots :lol: I am no good in the spoon I can never get the line right, and I have trouble with the rhythm in the S's ugg but I'll figure it out! :cheers: Thank you sir.

The spoon I managed to get it kind of, a combination of throotle and steering... The "S" are complicated, it needs a good combination of braking/throttle to keep the car on the inside line...

Better head back to @shaunm80 garage before he starts to wonder :lol:

:lol:

Siblings! Big and Little brothers. Big brother is a fast dancer, but a little sand or bop on the nose and he is gonna be all dramatic, Little brother is a squat fighter that will take one on the chin and keep on going, and is not shy about showing off his speed.

Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 450 PP
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07 500 PP
I took Little brother out in the new Seasonal A-Spec events. The win is just waaaaay to easy in the 450pp Cape Ring Beginner race. So much so, I didn't have the patience to wait and see how far back my compatriot G.Munroe finished in his NSX Type S '99, I'm not even sure it would have made the time limit.:lol:

The Apricot Hill 500pp Intermediate event was a different story. Still on Sports Hards, I found my way through most of the field relatively easily :cool: over the first 2 1/2- 3 laps and started to hunt down those two "Pesky Wabbits." P. Gasparini in his 430 Scuderia and P.Saari in the Gallardo. Lap four saw me pass the Scuderia into the final chicane and get a bit of a tow from the Gallardo onto the final straight and made a pass into turn 1 which was made easy in this car. After pulling away a little through the next few turns, I glanced back to see this raging bull on steroids chasing me down the hill. Yup, you guessed it, driver error!...No, not from the Wabbit for once, it was my fault.:embarrassed: Stupid me missed the braking point and overshot the hairpin, allowing him back into the lead with less than half a lap to go,:banghead:

So up the hill I chase the big yellow rabbit and manage to make the same pass, underneath him into the chicane, as I had in the previous lap on the Scuderia. Poor Mr,Saari must have had a minor stroke or something seeing this little stock looking Roadster nip under his car, he seemed to get lost somewhere in that little flip-flop and was miles back when I looked back on the final straight. I could see him closing in the rear-view but it wasn't going to be quick enough! 1st place 220,000 Credits and a funky new paint for me:D

Enough about the racing, back to the car. I find it has a very nice balance and rotates really well. It gave me enough confidence to push it hard into some of the corners and know the rear would be where I wanted it to be when I got back on the loud pedal (Button;)). And if I pushed to hard in to the corner (which does happen quite often.:lol:)the car was really forgiving and would find it's way again pretty quickly.

Overall I'd say this is a superb little car to drive, a lot of fun and very stable at the same time. Just what you want from one of Japan's finest exports.

Great job @Otaliema. 👍 This is the very first car of your's I've driven (Don't be like that, I was getting to it.:embarrassed:), I'm sure it will not be the last. :cheers:

Well closed or not people will come in if you don't lock the doors, but I understand, and I really sympathize with your situation. I thought of something that might help.

These are Vic Firth Insolation Headphones, I bought a pair to use in the studio, found they were great to take out the headphone bleed into the mic. They have 22db’s of noise reduction from the exterior world while listening to Brahms Symphony No.7 in D minor. Get the picture, kids are playing while while putting out 3500watts of power and 126 db’s of volume, you’ve passed thresh-hold of fatherhood resistance, put them on, play a song, and all becomes magic, really, pure Christmas Magic.

vic firth.jpg

Once you've rested and digested all that holiday food, ( I'm not worried about you gaining weight since you'll be running around plenty with those turbo charged angels of your), give me a call if you need help for your aero tests, would be happy to participate. Have a Merry Christmas and in case you need a baby sitter, you know the number,
846-746-2216
THO-RIN-CAIN
or use this link @Thorin Cain
600x470-Christmas-Tree-Nature1024-226431.jpg

Well closed or not people will come in if you don't lock the doors, but I understand, and I really sympathize with your situation. I thought of something that might help.

These are Vic Firth Insolation Headphones, I bought a pair to use in the studio, found they were great to take out the headphone bleed into the mic. They have 22db’s of noise reduction from the exterior world while listening to Brahms Symphony No.7 in D minor. Get the picture, kids are playing while while putting out 3500watts of power and 126 db’s of volume, you’ve passed thresh-hold of fatherhood resistance, put them on, play a song, and all becomes magic, really, pure Christmas Magic.

View attachment 279858

Once you've rested and digested all that holiday food, ( I'm not worried about you gaining weight since you'll be running around plenty with those turbo charged angels of your), give me a call if you need help for your aero tests, would be happy to participate. Have a Merry Christmas and in case you need a baby sitter, you know the number,
846-746-2216
THO-RIN-CAIN
or use this link @Thorin Cain
View attachment 279860
Agh man knew I forgot to install something :lol:
Thank you thouse look some headphones would love a set :)
Thank you sir have a safe fun and memorable holidays yourself.
I'll give you call when the aero testing gets underway

Back