Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01 (Drift Setup)

500PP
331 BHP
1080kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Comfort Hard Tyres
Change Oil
Inch Up: 1 Wheels

FC Suspension
F/R
95/100
6.40/7.10
7/3
5/7
2/3
1.2/1.6
-0.15/0.30

Racing Brake Kit
1/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.864
2nd 2.244
3rd 1.785
4th 1.474
5th 1.255
6th 1.098
Set final gear to 4.430

FC LSD
5/50/5
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 93.0%
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit
All other power parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 50kgs to Position 20

Tuned with ABS 1 only.

A gold tune for the RX-7 Drift seasonal event. Very easy to get sideways and even easier to control once it is. Enjoy. :)

View attachment 444510
View attachment 444508
View attachment 444509

This tune got me 4986 pts to get the gold, the credits, the prize car and the paint chips. It took two attempts to get it just right. How are you doing ? Did you have a good summer ? Or were you like me just working and trying to a social life between work shifts ? Hope all is good with you. Thank you. Cheers TC.

Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12 (Drift Setup)

520PP
369 BHP
1150kgs
Weight Distribution 53:47

Change Oil
Comfort Hard Tyres

FC Suspension
F/R
60/65
14.40/13.70
6/4
4/6
2/3
1.8/2.4
-0.16/0.32

Racing Brake Kit
1/8

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
set max speed to 118mph
1st 3.146
2nd 2.319
3rd 1.872
4th 1.569
5th 1.326
6th 1.140
Set final gear to 4.740

FC LSD
5/45/5

Power limiter set at 97.8%
High RPM Range Turbo Kit

Downforce
300/525

Tuned with ABS 1.

A gold tune for the London GT 300 drift seasonal event. Not the greatest drift car I have made but it scored me 3000 points very easily so its good enough to be published. :)

View attachment 444507
View attachment 444506

As I send this note to you.. as I write this my online ranking is 9387Th. It took few tries to get the score of 2456 and the transmission settings did not work for the last gear setup. But I did the prize car, paint and the credits. thanks again cheers TC.

@hall90 and @Badger66 Well, you inspired me to use the Aventador (I had @Ridox2JZGTE Replica tune on mine, minus some weight to get me right at 600PP). I was just awful with the car. I finally got Gold, barely, after about 15 attempts. I just kept sliding off the track. Terrible driving. I'm still getting used to cockpit view and on this mostly flat track I have trouble with turn-in points in cockpit view right now.. BUT! I did get Gold, which is the important thing. I'll have to give @shaunm80's tune a try as well. The Aventador is one wild car! :D

BMW M4 M Performance Edition

500PP
345BHP
1250kgs
Weight Distribution 51:49

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change
Aero Kit Type A

FC Suspension
100/105
6.50/8.55
5/5
4/4
2/4
0.8/0.4
-0.03/-0.01

Racing Brakes
5/6

FC Transmission
(install all power upgrades first and reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 124mph/199kph
1st - 2.982
2nd - 2.585
3rd - 1.938
4th - 1.576
5th - 1.323
6th - 1.161
7th - 1.047
Set final gear to 3.160
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
12/14/10
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 81.3%

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 18kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 444572
View attachment 444573
View attachment 444571
The BMW M4 M Performance Edition both tunes you mention Aero Kit Type A which is not available on the car.

@hall90 and @Badger66 Well, you inspired me to use the Aventador (I had @Ridox2JZGTE Replica tune on mine, minus some weight to get me right at 600PP). I was just awful with the car. I finally got Gold, barely, after about 15 attempts. I just kept sliding off the track. Terrible driving. I'm still getting used to cockpit view and on this mostly flat track I have trouble with turn-in points in cockpit view right now.. BUT! I did get Gold, which is the important thing. I'll have to give @shaunm80's tune a try as well. The Aventador is one wild car! :D

Hey @ALB123 Well done on getting Gold on this i found it hard...But i don't get on with this track...:lol:

I did look for a tune for this car in this garage but @shaunm80 only has a Drift tune for it...So i used Praiano's tune...here's the Link...Good luck

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...bull-x2014-junior.291084/page-59#post-9355676

:cheers:

hello Shaun, I want to ask about how to tweak your settings if I use RS tries as I found the cars to turn too early at corners and heat the RS tyres easily. I also found them the car to be on 2 wheels when I hit the kerb ( I.e Nissan Juke at recent Goodwood event)

hello Shaun, I want to ask about how to tweak your settings if I use RS tries as I found the cars to turn too early at corners and heat the RS tyres easily. I also found them the car to be on 2 wheels when I hit the kerb ( I.e Nissan Juke at recent Goodwood event)
In general you would want to adjust the spring rates first, making them stiffer to slow the load imparted to the tires. Second you would want to adjust the toe settings, bringing it closer to 0.00 on the end that needs work. Dampers adjust only if you need to control weight transfer in corners with new toe and spring settings. Last would be camber, adding front camber causes understeer, adding rear camber causes oversteer, note both will cost you grip and time.

Now at 113th with a score of 5,334 points.
Very nicly done sir.

Last edited:
In general you would want to adjust the spring rates first, making them stiffer to slow the load imparted to the tires. Second you would want to adjust the toe settings, bringing it closer to 0.00 on the end that needs work. Dampers adjust only if you need to control weight transfer in corners with new toe and spring settings. Last would be camber, adding front camber causes understeer, adding rear camber causes oversteer, note both will cost you grip and time.

Very nicly done sir.

Thank you. I had a blast filling the narrow streets of London with both tire smoke and lovely rotary howling..

I did not know that and thanks for telling me 👍. I am struggling at this at the moment and I need more practise to catch @chrisspeed281 .

I am in the same boat as they say :)...i am now getting faster sections now but need to put it all together..then my time will improve...👍

Good Luck...👍

This tune got me 4986 pts to get the gold, the credits, the prize car and the paint chips. It took two attempts to get it just right. How are you doing ? Did you have a good summer ? Or were you like me just working and trying to a social life between work shifts ? Hope all is good with you. Thank you. Cheers TC.

As I send this note to you.. as I write this my online ranking is 9387Th. It took few tries to get the score of 2456 and the transmission settings did not work for the last gear setup. But I did the prize car, paint and the credits. thanks again cheers TC.
No worries at all. These tunes were designed to achieve gold and thats what they do. :)

The BMW M4 M Performance Edition both tunes you mention Aero Kit Type A which is not available on the car.

I have amended this car to sort this out. Thanks for letting me know. :)

What Otaliema says is right. Make the springs stiffer and adjust toe settings so they are closer to 0.00 and that should help alleviate some of the issues. Once you have that, adjust dampers if you need to. That is where I would start. :)

Back