Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
BMW M3 GTR '03

500PP
334 BHP
1105kgs
Weight Distribution 49:51

Sports Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
70/75
6.00/9.25
5/4
4/5
2/4
0.6/0.4
-0.04/0.04

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Suspension
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 4.500
Set max speed to 124mph
1st 3.293
2nd 2.700
3rd 2.041
4th 1.624
5th 1.376
6th 1.225
Set final gear to 2.900
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
12/14/10
Triple Plate Clutch
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter to 89.4%

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

View attachment 444580
View attachment 444579
View attachment 444578

Hey @shaunm80 I just got Gold on the TT Apricot Hill Seasonal with this Cracking Tune..👍 I got a 1:33.450..that's only 1 second off my best with the Series one...:)

In the right hands it might be as quick as the Series One...👍

As tune but changed Brakes to F3 R4 and CS Tires.

Final Gear 3.450

Cheers Mate

20150912_010055-1.jpg

:gtpflag:

Arrrrrrgh Just did a lap time On Ascari 2:10.910 but the time become RED went of in the last corner and was in front of @chrisspeed281 . Now I need a Smoke, a cup of coffe and a carrotcake

I know it's so annoying it has happened to my i few times on these seasonal...it's good to take a break then come back at it....good luck and enjoy your Coffee and carrot cake...i wish i had carrot cake :grumpy: HA ha

I have done lots of laps with the Series One and i like it, i really do...but the M3 GTR '03 feels better and sounds better and is more enjoyable...Really good tune Shaun...👍

:cheers:

Edit and i really want to beat my best time with it...:)

@Badger66 You're right...The Aventador is a handful on this track. I don't know if you were having the same problem as me, which was under-steering through sharp corners because I as coming in with too much speed. Or even when I turned in okay I would still slide right off the track. I've always thought Ascari was a challenging track - very technical, but also fast! However, since I started driving exclusively in cockpit view (used to drive with the default front bumper camera view), I'm having big problems figuring out the turn in points on this track in my Aventador. It's just going to take some getting used to. Also, I just assumed @shaunm80 had a 600PP Aventador tune - he has done so many other supercars...I was shocked to learn that he hasn't done one yet.

But, I see that shaun has now given us a re-worked Murcielago SV tune! I've got a second SV sitting in my Garage just waiting to be setup properly. That tune will be going on the SV tonight!! :D

I don't even attempt the drifting seasonal events. I can't drift at all. Of course, I end up drifting on the race track all the time when I'm not trying to. :lol: I just watched that drifting video that @LordJCS posted. OMG! How the heck do people hold those drifts so perfectly? I don't think I could hold my wheel to slide a drift like that in a million years. :eek: :lol:

@Badger66 You're right...The Aventador is a handful on this track. I don't know if you were having the same problem as me, which was under-steering through sharp corners because I as coming in with too much speed. Or even when I turned in okay I would still slide right off the track. I've always thought Ascari was a challenging track - very technical, but also fast! However, since I started driving exclusively in cockpit view (used to drive with the default front bumper camera view), I'm having big problems figuring out the turn in points on this track in my Aventador. It's just going to take some getting used to. Also, I just assumed @shaunm80 had a 600PP Aventador tune - he has done so many other supercars...I was shocked to learn that he hasn't done one yet.

But, I see that shaun has now given us a re-worked Murcielago SV tune! I've got a second SV sitting in my Garage just waiting to be setup properly. That tune will be going on the SV tonight!! :D

I don't even attempt the drifting seasonal events. I can't drift at all. Of course, I end up drifting on the race track all the time when I'm not trying to. :lol: I just watched that drifting video that @LordJCS posted. OMG! How the heck do people hold those drifts so perfectly? I don't think I could hold my wheel to slide a drift like that in a million years. :eek: :lol:

@ALB123

Are you using Praiano's tune ,I did manage to get gold with it in the end after so many mishaps like yours and i made a few changes to it...for example i changed Torque-Distribution Centre to 40:60 and changed to Racing brakes to F2 R3 instead of his Standard setting of F8 R10 and final gear to 4.200.

Also i had to use TC 3, Active Steering Strong, ABS 1, All other aids off.

With these settings car did behave much better on here..also i found i had to be very light on my steering on the corners...almost feathering it around..i personally don't like this track like some do..so glad when i got gold...:lol:

I was having problems seeing the corners on this track and it is so easy to misjudge them...And the car being so low even in cockpit view which you use they are hard to see.
All i could do ,was to take my time approaching the corners and brake well early and then just power out of it..but it was enough to get gold.
Also go slightly wide on the corner and keep off the curbs.

i would give Shauns new Lambo tune a go first and see if it feels any different for you..i will give it a go tomorrow.👍

Good luck

:cheers:

Last edited:
Well... Here's something quite interesting for ya'll..

Shaun's latest batch of Beemer tunes had a pure gem amongst them. The M3 CSL. No alterations of the tune other than CS tires instead of SH landed me a time .050 faster than with the Shelby Series One.

My hat goes off to you, @shaunm80 :bowdown:.. An absolute riot of a tune. I was hoping for the M3 GTR to be the gem but no. The CSL got the job done.

So. 1:30.923 is my new time, which landed me on 490th place. A top 500 tune yet again Shaun.

I'm sure there is room for improvement if i fiddle around with the gearing, but why fix something that ain't broken, am i right?

Back