F.I.T.T WSR/Senna F3 Challenge

• Thread starter Pete05
  • 535 comments
I didn't have the best run through turn 4, could have squeezed another couple mph out of the end of the back straight. I would expect yours to be fast as you're better with transmissions, I fear that may be a defining feature on the cars
Aero settings are going to play a large role in this challenge as well too much and you loose speed not enough and you loose speed.
The power band on this car is so narrow that it actually limits the top speed of this car by a large amount. Another 800 RPM of useable power and it would net another 30-50 km/h on this track.

Aero settings are going to play a large role in this challenge as well too much and you loose speed not enough and you loose speed.
The power band on this car is so narrow that it actually limits the top speed of this car by a large amount. Another 800 RPM of useable power and it would net another 30-50 km/h on this track.
I chose cornering speed over straight line speed as I feel you spend more time in corners than you do on the straights and with it being a kind of slow car that's where the gains would be found. It could do with a sixth gear to allow for shorter gearing, I like a 5 speed but the engine does bog down dramatically in places

I chose cornering speed over straight line speed as I feel you spend more time in corners than you do on the straights and with it being a kind of slow car that's where the gains would be found. It could do with a sixth gear to allow for shorter gearing, I like a 5 speed but the engine does bog down dramatically in places
I went with cornering ability over top speed for my setup too. Hopefully it shows when the testers get their hands on it.

Otaliema is right, the transmission settings can make or break how this car reaches its top speed.

1:24.967

Could have been a bit cleaner in a lot of places but you get the idea 👍

I am at almost the exact same lap time, but my car is a bit looser than yours. I can hear the front tires squeal a little in your replay where mine is closer to rear breaking free first. Should be interesting to see how the settings differ. I actually tamed down the front a bit last night. With the DS3 it was very aggressive on turn in and difficult to drive smoothly. I played with smoothing the entry for the DS3, but now need to check the wheel and see if I killed exit on that device.

21118667370_d8d0a67030_c.jpg

PP: 559
HP: 172
WEIGHT: 455kg
WEIGHT DIST: 46:54
TIRE(S): Racing: Hard

GT Auto:
Oil Change - Yes
Rigidity Improvement - No

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // Brakes: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 40 / 40
SPRINGS - 15.50 / 21.00
COMP - 3 / 4
EXT - 4 / 3
ARB - 3 / 3
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.05 / 0.10
BRAKES - 3 / 4

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
TOP SPEED TO - 124
1ST - 3.300
2ND - 2.050
3RD - 1.470
4TH - 1.135
5TH - 0.935
FINAL - 3.000

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 8
ACCEL - 12
DECEL - 16

CLUTCH TYPE: Standard
CARBON SHAFT: Standard

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - N/A
POWER LIMITER - 100%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Standard
CARBON HOOD - Standard
WINDOW WEIGHT - Standard

BALLAST - 0
DOWNFORCE - 700 / 900

NOTE: I went lower on the downforce than most, might not be able to go flat out through turn 5, but a quick lift and jumping right back on the throttle should do you fine. Most corners require very little braking or just a really quick lift of the throttle. I can run low 1:25s and still think there is 2 tenths to be had if every corner is right. Good luck.

Last edited:
chose to have little wing on my car, I will be wrong? I thought; the circuit is not locked. speed e'medium to high:odd:
@Bowtie-muscle i tuned the car entirely with minimum wing settings added just enough to let you take T5 flat out. Has made for an interesting tuning challenge doing that.
I am at almost the exact same lap time, but my car is a bit looser than yours. I can hear the front tires squeal a little in your replay where mine is closer to rear breaking free first. Should be interesting to see how the settings differ. I actually tamed down the front a bit last night. With the DS3 it was very aggressive on turn in and difficult to drive smoothly. I played with smoothing the entry for the DS3, but now need to check the wheel and see if I killed exit on that device.
Ohh boy. Alright folks it's a fight for second place this time. 👍

I had a similar feel before I dulled the car a little, a nearly identical version ran a 24.5 but it was a complete monster, if you got one clean lap in ten you were doing well. The front end definitely lights up first but it doesn't seem to lose much in terms of grip and its always after the apex, not the best for tyre life but luckily not an issue we have to contend with. I don't think a safe car is going to win this one but there is going to be a fine line between fast and impossible

Well, here goes nothing :scared:

Suspension (F/R)
Ride height 40mm/40mm
Spring rate 16.37/20.91
Dampers (comp) 4/4
Dampers (ext) 4/4
Anti roll bars 3/3
Camber 1.0/0.5
Toe -0.50/0.50
Brake bias 5/5
Transmission
Set to default
Adjust final drive ratio to 5.000
Set Max. Speed to 200kmh/124mph
1st 2.100
2nd 1.509
3rd 1.146
4th 0.931
5th 0.782
Set final drive to 3.850
Diff settings
Initial 7
Accel 35
Decel 15
Aero (F/R) 800/980

Ok, first of all. Yes, the setup has a large degree of default settings to it but I've adjusted what I'm comfortable adjusting. I had a play into unknown territory but either didn't like the change, couldn't notice any discernible difference or managed to drive around the changes I'd just made. Therefore I've arrived here.
I don't think it'll win any votes for the DC component but it's super fast. My personal best is 1:23:733
with sector times of 16.9, 11.6, 13.4, 19.7 & 21.8. On another lap I managed to register a 21.6 in the final sector.
To my fellow testers, drive it nice or it'll despatch you to places not planned :scared: :nervous:

Suspension (F/R)
Ride height 40mm/40mm
Spring rate 16.37/20.91
Dampers (comp) 4/4
Dampers (ext) 4/4
Anti roll bars 3/3
Camber 1.0/0.5
Toe -0.50/0.50
Brake bias 5/5
Transmission
Set to default
Adjust final drive ratio to 5.000
Set Max. Speed to 200kmh/124mph
1st 2.100
2nd 1.509
3rd 1.146
4th 0.931
5th 0.782
Set final drive to 3.850
Diff settings
Initial 7
Accel 35
Decel 15
Aero (F/R) 800/980

Ok, first of all. Yes, the setup has a large degree of default settings to it but I've adjusted what I'm comfortable adjusting. I had a play into unknown territory but either didn't like the change, couldn't notice any discernible difference or managed to drive around the changes I'd just made. Therefore I've arrived here.
I don't think it'll win any votes for the DC component but it's super fast. My personal best is 1:23:733
with sector times of 16.9, 11.6, 13.4, 19.7 & 21.8. On another lap I managed to register a 21.6 in the final sector.
To my fellow testers, drive it nice or it'll despatch you to places not planned :scared: :nervous:

Who would have thought with minimum changes the end result.

Who would have thought with minimum changes the end result.
I spent a lot of time on getting the individual gear ratios where I wanted them. That's the one area in tuning I have confidence to back my own abilities. I did a little trimming of the rear wing to get a bit more rotation/reduce the front end push in the high speed corners. Anything else was absolute sheer luck backed up by a reduction in lap time & improved feel.

I spent a lot of time on getting the individual gear ratios where I wanted them. That's the one area in tuning I have confidence to back my own abilities. I did a little trimming of the rear wing to get a bit more rotation/reduce the front end push in the high speed corners. Anything else was absolute sheer luck backed up by a reduction in lap time & improved feel.

The quickest of my preliminary test so far.

If you look at my suspension settings in comparison, I also did not venture too far from stock. Did remove camber and lowered toe, but springs and shocks close to stock. As I said once before, trans and LSD along with downforce will be the difference with this car in my opinion. Likely the trans will be the biggest. Good luck, 1:25.3 was my best, so you are way out in front. Lets see how testing goes, as @Motor City Hami seems to be fast and focused, @Otaliema and @DolHaus are always competitive. Should be interesting, but watch out for @xande1959 , something tells me his will be fast also. I'm just hoping testers like mine and it stays close to the top, mid pack and I'm thrilled.

Last edited:
If you look at my suspension settings in comparison, I also did not venture too far from stock. Did remove camber and lowered toe, but springs and shocks close to stock. As I said once before, trans and LSD along with reinforce will be the difference with this car in my opinion. Likely the trans will be the biggest. Good luck, 1:25.3 was my best, so you are way out in front. Lets see how testing goes, as @Motor City Hami seems to be fast and focused, @Otaliema and @DolHaus are always competitive. Should be interesting, but watch out for @xande1959 , something tells me his will be fast also. I'm just hoping testers like mine and it stays close to the top, mid pack and I'm thrilled.
I did notice the similarities in some areas. With the engine having such a narrow powerband, I knew the spread of gear ratios would play a large part in how the car generated & carries it's pace around the track. As for downforce, I came to the conclusion that with 9 corners, T2 being the only one requiring lower than 3rd gear, a setting towards the higher end of the range would pay off in corner speed versus a penalty at the end of the straights. Downforce also helps in braking areas; not that a lot of that is going on here. I had a play with the LSD but reverted back to default as I only really wanted some help with traction out of T2. The changes I made were negligible at T2 but came with a penalty in behavior elsewhere. Patience with the throttle at T2 won that argument.
I'm really hoping all 11 tunes are within a second of each other & will be very surprised if I can't get a 24 out any of them.

This car responds very well to small changes. I think because you do not need to max out settings to make it work. So tunes that are more down the middle should be expected. This will truly come down to the combination of settings used which is a little bit more art than science.

Right now I am torn between a couple of very different setups because aero has been effective, springs effective, damper effective, toe effective and sway bars effective. Sadly, camber is stil predictably unpredictable and useless. This car has been so much fun because most of the setting produce a change. Love this car.

This car responds very well to small changes. I think because you do not need to max out settings to make it work. So tunes that are more down the middle should be expected. This will truly come down to the combination of settings used which is a little bit more art than science.

Right now I am torn between a couple of very different setups because aero has been effective, springs effective, damper effective, toe effective and sway bars effective. Sadly, camber is stil predictably unpredictable and useless. This car has been so much fun because most of the setting produce a change. Love this car.
This is a fun one I wish i had more time to spend on it.
I took my car out on a DS3 and wow, twitchy twitchy.....Changes required or DS3 users would get no place with my car.
Stay tuned, I'm chewing on an idea I hope has some popularity to it ;)
As a DS3 user that uses the D-pad, I haven't got a clue what my car will be like with a wheel. Hopefully nothing requiring any more than a 1/4 turn at T2 & a lot less everywhere else.
Really glad you guys are having fun with it 👍 :cheers:

Stay tuned, I'm chewing on an idea I hope has some popularity to it ;)
As a DS3 user that uses the D-pad, I haven't got a clue what my car will be like with a wheel. Hopefully nothing requiring any more than a 1/4 turn at T2 & a lot less everywhere else.
Really glad you guys are having fun with it 👍 :cheers:
well my experience with this car, is that a DS3 set up will understeer on a wheel and wheel set up will oversteer on a DS3. I think the tunes that will do the best will be the ones that are neutral on a wheel and slightly oversteery on a DS3.

@Motor City Hami I agree completely this car is great. The more I drive it, the more I'm loving it. You make a change and you get a change on the track and it doesn't have to be min/max to have a real difference on the car.

I wish all of the cars in the game were more like that. Make a change and feel it immediately on the track.
Maybe in GT7 :lol: I think they took extra time with the Aryton Cars to make sure they were very good. I haven't tried tuning a FGT yet but the RB Jr car is very similar in that small changes make a difference.

Tinking done with the car had a mid 1:24 lap going when I ditched it in the last turn cause I wantted to try for a 1:23. Gonna let it sit and try it on a DS3 make sure it's not twitch city again.

Back