Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Badger66

Badger66

@shaunm80 It's good to see you are starting to add links on page 1 to your tunes....:bowdown: I bet that is going to take some time...well done though...:tup:

:cheers:

2. Otaliema

Otaliema

@shaunm80 i wish you the best with adding links only 300 or so tunes O_o.
    I would keep a Raw BB Code copy locally on your computer with note pad or MS Word etc that way if things go awol on you again you can just replace the entire post and solve the problem(s)

Badger66 and shaunm80 like this.
  3. frenzal

frenzal

The Pescarolo was probably my favourite there, it did a great job in those ones at Tokyo a little while back there. But seeing as I very rarely drive now other thans easonals it is hard to have a real feel for anything in the game now. But I loved what you did with the WRX-STI '02 for the Impreza/lancer seasonal there, a lovely little beastie to drive. As is, it also cleaned up the expert rain master event.

Badger66, Otaliema and shaunm80 like this.
  4. shaunm80

shaunm80

I decided that I would start to link my garage together once again but I am doing it in stages. I started with FITT tunes and the ones from page 1. Slowly but surely, this garage will become linked once again. It is a long term project I have going on.

As a graduate of computing, I know what BB code is but what is the best way to copy out all the BB code from GTplanet when I am done? I assume it is a simple copy and paste job?

Oh yes, I really enjoy tuning Subaru cars. They have a certain personality about them which when tuned right, can be a perfect car for multiple events. If you like what I did with the seasonal, I have some FITT competition Subaru and Mitsubishi tunes in my garage which I think you will get on with like a house on fire. They were excellent in the dry races and received great reviews.

Badger66 likes this.
  5. shaunm80

shaunm80

The Exeter GT Tuning Top 10 Tunes Project

P1060218.JPG

Why a Giraffe image you are thinking? Well, a simple answer to this. It could be a tall list :)

Following a side project I have decided to do, I posed a question to my thread contributors regarding their top 10 tunes from my garage. The original post is here. If you have the time or inclination, feel free to fill it in and post your personal top ten tunes. :)

Recommendations from thread contributors
    Badger66
    Chrisspeed281
    cbarbosa
    ALB123

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  6. LordJCS

LordJCS

What you're asking of is somewhat a bit of a "tall" order. (yes, pun was indeed intended)

From my own perspective there are far too many gems in this treasure chest to only pick out 10 of them for a top 10 list.

I had a quick look yesterday to jog my memory and quiclkly came to the conclusion that i simply couldn't pick.

I sure hope you understand, besides. It's your own fault for creating this many stellar tunes.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  7. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Hey @shaunm80 it is going to be dam hard for me to pick my top ten, I have used so many of yours cars for the seasonal events and testing. I do not know which of the top ten cars to pick, so I might give this a miss Shaun sorry because I have far top many to choose from.

Badger66, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  8. shaunm80

shaunm80

I can only take these comments as compliments so I thank you guys. Part of the reason I keep tuning is to have a break from uni work, and also because I have great thread contributors who make this place a cool and happy place which I try and keep up to date.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  9. LordJCS

LordJCS

This talk about tunes has got my fingers itching for a good 'ol GT6 throwdown. I might set up a room in a while and hope there are someone feeling the same way and wanna join in on some online racing.

10. shaunm80

shaunm80

I would love that but unfortunately I have to make a start on my first uni assignment this afternoon so I won't be able to join. Have fun though whoever is able to partake in the fun :)

11. LordJCS

LordJCS

Real life stuff comes first.

I wish you the best of luck with your assignment.

12. shaunm80

shaunm80

I can't afford to have lots of work to re-sit at the end of next year so this year is about me jumping into uni stuff ASAP and doing well so I can enjoy my summer break next year. :)

Badger66, TripleApex and Otaliema like this.
  13. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Sorry Can´t right now , are working on my racing seat to make it fix to my setup

14. shaunm80

shaunm80

Did your racing suit and helmet arrive too? You might as well get the full race setup really :)

15. Otaliema

Otaliema

Yeah that is the best way.
    Just edit, more options, click the wrench icon top right to go to the text editor to show all the BB code.

Badger66, chrisspeed281 and shaunm80 like this.
  16. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

First test where the seat shall be

Attached Files:

• 028.jpg
      028.jpg
      File size:
      123.1 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      128.5 KB
      Views:
  17. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

I would like to have that also, but the better half says NO hehehhe

Badger66, shaunm80 and Otaliema like this.
  18. shaunm80

shaunm80

Swit Swoo. Very nice setup. Your other half doesn't mind that in the kitchen then?

19. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

We have a open kitchen to the livingroom sowhen I´m hungry after carrot cake then I shall not go to far

20. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Laptime around Mid-Field with A Madza RX500 ´70 a @shaunm80 tune

Attached Files:

• 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      103.8 KB
      Views:
  21. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Ok , here my favorite tunes ( was hard to choose between so many good tunes ) :)

1: Mini Cooper S'11 (470 SH) P11 + 304
    2: Ferrari 458 Italia '09 (566 SS) P228 + 6828
    3: Audi R8 5.2 FSI '09 (550 SH) P315 + 9445
    4: BMW Z8 '01 (500 SS) P113 + 3383
    5: Aston Martin DB9 '03 (500 SS) P7 + 183
    6: Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX (550 SS) P282 + 8451
    7: KTM X-BOW Street '12 (550 SS) P39 + 1151
    8: Audi R8 LMS Ultra '12 (596 RH) P32 + 940
    9: Lotus Elise 111R '04 (500 SS) P128 + 3812
    10: Chevrolet Camaro Z28 (500 SH) P8 + 226

22. shaunm80

shaunm80

Nice choices. I see the FITT Mini is a common theme already. Also the Chevy Camaro Z28. KTM also mentioned twice now. Interesting. :)

Badger66, Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.
  23. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

The Mini is my long time favorit , i use it with 450 PP , nothing else to change and the Ferrari 458 FITT tune works also perfect , i use it with lower weight and 550 PP but the Suspension setting is just great

TripleApex and shaunm80 like this.
  24. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

My HKS Controller is on the way :) i ordered it on E-Bay (thanks @hall90 for the hint) .. it comes from USA so it can take a while

Badger66, TripleApex, hall90 and 4 others like this.
  25. Ale67

Ale67

Today I arrived HKS Controller but with a problem.......

2015-09-23 12.16.12.jpg

I return to Amazon.... :(:guilty::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Badger66, shaunm80 and Otaliema like this.
  26. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

This should not happen , i hope my Controller come in one piece :nervous:

27. Otaliema

Otaliema

That is a QC fail....

28. shaunm80

shaunm80

Not good at all. 0 Stars for that review.

29. Otaliema

Otaliema

I would say it will depend on how the seller handles the situation. Do they take it back, and deliver a new one no cost or do they make you pay for shipping again, or do they give you a hassle about it stating how do we know that's the controller we shipped you..

30. LordJCS

LordJCS

Well... it turned out that the rings were of the wrong design. My better half had ordered another design all together, so we got in touch with the jeweler and they took care of the problem alot quicker than i thought. new rings are delivered express to us at no extra charge. No carbon fibre for me tho, but i'll still be rockin Tungsten Carbide but with rose wood inlay instead. Looks even better.

On a sidenote however..

Thought i should show you the hammer i got.

DSC_0289.JPG

it weighs in at 42grams/ 1,48oz. Not a small piece by any stretch of the imagination.

Badger66, Ale67, shaunm80 and 2 others like this.