Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
My wife is due next Wednesday, but the doctor thinks she may need to have labor induced today because of a few high blood pressure readings. Oooooh the suspense is killing me!! I'm on the way to the hospital in a few. After today, yoy may not see me on the bottom of your FL for a while...totally worth it. Wish us luck

Congratulations!! I wish you and your better half all the best!!

how about this Wedding Rings ?

Wedding Rings.jpg

Well... it turned out that the rings were of the wrong design. My better half had ordered another design all together, so we got in touch with the jeweler and they took care of the problem alot quicker than i thought. new rings are delivered express to us at no extra charge. No carbon fibre for me tho, but i'll still be rockin Tungsten Carbide but with rose wood inlay instead. Looks even better.

On a sidenote however..

Thought i should show you the hammer i got.

View attachment 451070

it weighs in at 42grams/ 1,48oz. Not a small piece by any stretch of the imagination.
That is a very nice piece of jewelry. Knot work looks a little ruff, is that just the picture?
Either way 👍 Be mindful of when you ask for his help, might get a shocking results. :P

My wife is due next Wednesday, but the doctor thinks she may need to have labor induced today because of a few high blood pressure readings. Oooooh the suspense is killing me!! I'm on the way to the hospital in a few. After today, yoy may not see me on the bottom of your FL for a while...totally worth it. Wish us luck
Dude congratz. just my opinion, unless your wife or kids life is at steak don't let them induce, you don't want the kid gooy in the middle. High BP at the end of term is not un heard of, out of control high is bad but only ten to twentty points is normal. Anticipation will do that.
I still remember the first day/night home with my boy. We put him in the crib, sat down on the couch looked at each other and said, what do we do with it? and why did they let us go home with him?!?!?

nearly finish now just need to paint it .
Looking good Soren. One day maybe I will have a man cave and be able to afford a setup like that. :)

Best of luck. I am sure everything will be fine and high blood pressure is not that unexpected to be honest. Enjoy the times when the baby is sleeping, thats when you can get your GT6 time in, i mean sleep and relax and do nothing at all.

@LordJCS, your wedding ring sounds very nice. Mine is a silver ring with gold band in the centre. Nothing too fancy but something that doesn't show the scratches that much either which is perfect for my work profession.

That is a very nice piece of jewelry. Knot work looks a little ruff, is that just the picture?
Either way 👍 Be mindful of when you ask for his help, might get a shocking results. :P

Dude congratz. just my opinion, unless your wife or kids life is at steak don't let them induce, you don't want the kid gooy in the middle. High BP at the end of term is not un heard of, out of control high is bad but only ten to twentty points is normal. Anticipation will do that.
I still remember the first day/night home with my boy. We put him in the crib, sat down on the couch looked at each other and said, what do we do with it? and why did they let us go home with him?!?!?

No, you're right. It's a bit rough, but that's why decided to get it.

But when you see it from a distance, it really pops.

And besides, who am i to judge. It's a childhood friend who made this for me.

DSC_0293.JPG

Last edited:
Looking good Soren. One day maybe I will have a man cave and be able to afford a setup like that. :)

Best of luck. I am sure everything will be fine and high blood pressure is not that unexpected to be honest. Enjoy the times when the baby is sleeping, thats when you can get your GT6 time in, i mean sleep and relax and do nothing at all.

@LordJCS, your wedding ring sounds very nice. Mine is a silver ring with gold band in the centre. Nothing too fancy but something that doesn't show the scratches that much either which is perfect for my work profession.

Tungsten Carbide is pretty much scratch proof. Although it's quite brittle. You can break it with ease due to the hardness of the material. And in my profession it serves as a safety feature as the ring won't bend and squeeze my finger. It's more likely to shatter and fall off instead of hurting my finger..

Last edited:
I use your Subaru BRZ S '12 (450PP SH) for the Beginners' Level Non Racing Car Challenge for a very nice drive and a good win, and it handles very good :cheers:.

I use your Lotus Esprit V8 '02 (500PP SH) for the Intermediate Level Non Racing Car Challenge for a nice drive and a good win, and it handles so well going in an out of the corners :cheers:.

I use your Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo (699PP RH) Expert Level Racing Car Challenge, and it was a challenge but it got the job done and won, this car handles so well using a wheel :cheers:.

A Spec Seasonal Events (Updated 24/9/15)

P1010570.JPG

Exciting times folks! we have new seasonal events to challenge our driving prowess yet again. Well, maybe not challenge.. but still, fun shall be had by all I am sure! As per usual, if you use a tune from my garage to get gold, don't be shy about it. Let me know which it was and for what event and I shall add it to the list below. I look forward to seeing what you guys and girls find. :)

Beginners' Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (450PP SH)
BMW 507 '57 (400PP CS)
BMW 2002 Turbo '73 (400PP SH)
Honda NSX Type R '02 (Seasonal Setup 5/6/14)
Lancia Stratos 15th Anniversary Edition '73 (450PP SH)
Lotus Elise 111R '04 (500PP SS) - With SH tyres and detuned to PP limit
Madza RX-7 Type RZ (FD.J)´95 (450PP SH)
Mazda RX-8 Type S '03 (450PP SH)
Merdeceds-benz 300 SL Coupe ´54 (450PP SH)
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '02 (450PP SH)
Opel Speedster ´00 (450PP SH)
Peugeot 307CC Premium AVN '04 (450PP SH)
Subaru BRZ S '12 (450PP SH)
Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 (450PP SH)
Toyota Supra 3.0 GT Turbo A '88 (450PP SH)

Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (500PP SH)
Aston Martin Vanquish ´04 (500PP SH)
BMW M3 CSL '03 (500PP SH)
BMW M3 GTR '03 (500PP SH)
BMW M4 Coupe (500PP SH)
BMW M4 Performance Edition (500PP SH)
BMW Z4 M Coupe '08 (500PP SH)
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '04 (500PP SH)
Honda NSX Type R '02 (Seasonal Setup 5/6/14)
Honda NSX Type S Zero ‘99 (500PP SH)
Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 (500PP SH)
Lancia Stratos 15th Anniversary Edition '73 (450PP SH)
Lotus Esprit V8 '02 (500PP SH)
Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) '02 (450PP SH)
Plymouth Superbird ´70 (500PP SH)
RUF BTR '86 (500PP SM) - Reduced to meet regs
Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 (500PP SH)

Expert Level Racing Car Challenge (700PP RH)
Audi R8 Race Car '01 (700PP RH)
Mazda 787B Stealth Model (696PP RH)
Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo (710PP RH)
Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd '05 (700PP RH)
Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo (699PP RH)

Last edited:
I used your Supra 3.0 GT Turbo A '88 (450pp) in the beginners. Easy win

I used your Lambo Muira P400 (500pp) in the Intermediate. Easy win

Still working on the Expert which I think may take awhile. I think I have been playing too much Project Cars
Try the Stealth Model Audi R10 tune. That should work a treat. :)

Edit: This car might need an alien to get gold on this event. I just tried it and it is quite tricky. The competition do not make errors and are super quick. The Peugeot VGT car is definitely quick enough as long as you stay on the track :)

Last edited:
I use your Subaru BRZ S '12 (450PP SH) for the Beginners' Level Non Racing Car Challenge for a very nice drive and a good win, and it handles very good :cheers:.

I use your Lotus Esprit V8 '02 (500PP SH) for the Intermediate Level Non Racing Car Challenge for a nice drive and a good win, and it handles so well going in an out of the corners :cheers:.

I use your Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo (699PP RH) Expert Level Racing Car Challenge, and it was a challenge but it got the job done and won, this car handles so well using a wheel :cheers:.
Thanks for the car list. I have added these to the actual seasonal post now. I will be doing this events shortly and try and find a different set of cars to add to the list. :)

Beginners' Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (450PP SH)
- Mazda RX-8 Type S '03 (450PP SH)

Intermediate Level Non-Racing Car Challenge (500PP SH)
- Honda NSX Type S Zero ‘99 (500PP SH)

Expert Level Racing Car Challenge (700PP RH) (Not done yet, but i will try it later with) :
- Audi R8 Race Car '01 (700PP RH)
- Mazda LM55 Vision Gran Turismo (710PP RH) @700PP

The Exeter GT Tuning Top 10 Tunes Project

1. Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (615PP RH) P29 +853
  2. Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 (550PP SS) P27 +796
  3. Ferrari 599 '06 (Drift Setup) P28 +829
  4. Ferrari 330 P4 '67 (600PP RH) P165 +4931
  5. Audi TT Coupe 1.8T quattro '00 (400pp CS) P1 +11
  6. Lotus Elise '11 450pp (SH-SS Full Aero Package) P1 +14
  7. Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (500PP SS) P119 +3564
  8. McLaren MP4-12C '10 GT3 Version (600PP RH) P135 +4031
  9. Subaru BRZ S '12 (450PP SH) P251 +7501 - Shotaliema Tune
  10. FITT Pagani Huayra God of Winds Challenge - Special Mention
👍 Despite the absence, could not pass to answer to this special request... ;)

Cheers all!

1. Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 (615PP RH) P29 +853
  2. Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 '67 (550PP SS) P27 +796
  3. Ferrari 599 '06 (Drift Setup) P28 +829
  4. Ferrari 330 P4 '67 (600PP RH) P165 +4931
  5. Audi TT Coupe 1.8T quattro '00 (400pp CS) P1 +11
  6. Lotus Elise '11 450pp (SH-SS Full Aero Package) P1 +14
  7. Shelby Series One Super Charged '03 (500PP SS) P119 +3564
  8. McLaren MP4-12C '10 GT3 Version (600PP RH) P135 +4031
  9. Subaru BRZ S '12 (450PP SH) P251 +7501 - Shotaliema Tune
  10. FITT Pagani Huayra God of Winds Challenge - Special Mention
👍 Despite the absence, could not pass to answer to this special request... ;)

Cheers all!
Excellent :) Even a drift car found its way in there! I am pleased to see the McLaren GT3 version too. That was one of my favourite GT3 conversions (along with the FITT entry). Thanks for taking part.

Back