Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Yo will not be seeing my name on the friends leaderboard for the TT at the Sierra track.
You and me both.. What a mother this track/event combo is. :) I love the track lay out but the car is a tad over powered for it...

damn that fan car did 5;31.700 with out any settings just took the car stock
Carrot cake has been consumed. ;)

@LordJCS i got 4200 Points with this Tune 👍 with my trusted Z4 i got only 3200 Points. you have done a good job with this tune
@LordJCS is the DK of my thread. Drives, creates and destroys the FL board in GT6.

Christmas Seasonal Events (Updated 17/12/15)

View attachment 493064

The big pay out events are now here. I should have lots of drift cars available to gold the Suzuka event and hopefully a couple of american racing cars that can win gold too. Hopefully you can find as many as possible and let me know which ones they are. :) Thank you as always ladies and gents.

American Racing and Non-Racing Car Expert Challenge (620PP RS or less)

Red Bull Fan Car Single Lap Time Trial (979PP RH)

Suzuka Circuit 2014 Special Drift Trial
BMW M4 Coupe (Drift Setup)
Mazda BP Falken RX7 '03 (580PP CH) (@LordJCS tune)
Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R (FD) '01 (Drift Setup)
Nissan GTR Black edition '12 (Drift Seasonal Setup)
Toyota FT-86II concept '11 (Drift Setup)

Any tunes for the race yet tried 2 cars and failed everytime ive tried best place 12th

Any tunes for the race yet tried 2 cars and failed everytime ive tried best place 12th
I haven't completed the race as yet. I am waiting to see what other tunes others use before I choose my weapon of choice. I would imagine any of the fastest 600PP racing cars should be able to win. Toyota TS030 or the Zytek should be a good tune for a win. Perhaps even a VGT car?

I have done the America Race Car Seasonal with the fastes Toaster ( 2J ) and got Gold :) Racing hard Tyres and a pitstop after 4 laps , second pitstop after 7 Laps .

CameraZOOM-20151217151438040.jpg

I can make it half way. I never liked Sierra. I feel like I have to learn it all over again, as if I knew it before. Back when Mdtaurus would host races there I always sat Sierra out. I kind of like the fan car though, makes me move my arms faster than I ever had to.
I kinda like La Sierra except for the jumps. To me they ruin what is otherwise a pleasant drive through the country.

Finally I figured out where the tune for the ER34 D1GP Blitz 07 came from. It's one of my earliest drift tunes. Found some notes that I had written down regarding some of the setup.

With some tweaks on it I was able to slam in a 5.5k run with it on the latest drift trial.

Not sure if I'll be able to recreate the tranny setting considering all the tweaks and alterations over the time I've had the car. Gonna try and rebuild one from scratch this weekend, just to see if I can recreate it,or even improve it.

Who knows.. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Last edited:
Well done the race first run second earned 3.4 million second race won by. 001 got the trophy but no cash and thirs race won by 59.6 seconds earned 1.4 Million whats that about

Well, two of these events are not going to have a gold trophy image on my GT6 game. There is no chance that I can get through the RB race and the American Car race has one too many invisible walls that keep spinning me if I drive too close to the outside of the track. I did however gold the drift event so I am happy enough with that. Time to get back to Drive Club and keep levelling up on that game I think. :)

Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Fan Car

958PP
1193 BHP
570kgs
Weight Distribution 48:52

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
50/50
18.20/18.40
6/7
6/7
5/6
3.5/4.0
-0.10/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
5/6

FC Transmission
(Reset to default)
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 249mph
1st 5.975
2nd 3.597
3rd 2.559
4th 1.919
5th 1.523
6th 1.245
7th 1.045
Set final gear to 3.880
(Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
6/8/8

Set power limiter to 100.0%
All power parts standard

Downforce
F/R
1000/1875
Ballast - Set 25kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone can get the tune above to beat the gold time on the new seasonal event, let me know and I will add it to the list. I struggle with this car/track combo so I doubt I will personally achieve this.

I managed to get 2 minutes into this race but I was well behind the alien @Soren Jacquet's blue line and felt slow in comparison to him.
I´ll try this tune for the fan car out I´ll let you now how it did on the track

If anyone can get the tune above to beat the gold time on the new seasonal event, let me know and I will add it to the list. I struggle with this car/track combo so I doubt I will personally achieve this.

I managed to get 2 minutes into this race but I was well behind the alien @Soren Jacquet's blue line and felt slow in comparison to him.

I for one will not be taking on the redbull challenge. Had it been on a different track then maybe, but as it is now, no way.

Gonna focus on some more drift tunes when I get home from work.

As for the American 10lap free-for-all I went with a chappy 2j. Got the job done with relative ease.

Circuit de la Sierra is my fav tracks , love it because you cant relax anytime have to be 100% focuson the track and the corners
Its a good track being new to the game its alot to remember every corner when they come a few times ive drove in the wrong direction around the corner and 1 time first time round the full track I hit the pit wall because I took the track for granted going on about 1.30 to try again so I can try out the setup posted aswell and compae it to mine then ill post my findings

This tune dor the Fan Car it gooood , lap time 5:11.427 . The first right turn 7 gear full throttle and the next left hand turn 7 gear full throttle then the left / right and turn 5 gear and full throttle and the next left hand turn 6 gear full throttle ,,, and there is more in this car . did a few mistakes on the track. but its reaaly good for this track

Back