Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. shaunm80

shaunm80

You and me both.. What a mother this track/event combo is. :) I love the track lay out but the car is a tad over powered for it...

Carrot cake has been consumed. ;)

@LordJCS is the DK of my thread. Drives, creates and destroys the FL board in GT6.

2. F1SCOTSMAN

F1SCOTSMAN

Any tunes for the race yet tried 2 cars and failed everytime ive tried best place 12th

3. shaunm80

shaunm80

I haven't completed the race as yet. I am waiting to see what other tunes others use before I choose my weapon of choice. I would imagine any of the fastest 600PP racing cars should be able to win. Toyota TS030 or the Zytek should be a good tune for a win. Perhaps even a VGT car?

TripleE63, chrisspeed281 and Pete05 like this.
  4. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Because your name will be on. :lol::lol::lol:

5. coryclifford

coryclifford

They have to be American cars. So use the 2J on RH tire. Pit once. Add a few extra liters of fuel. My tune from the Seasonal at Willow works quite well, but be sure to put the final drive gear at 2.500

TripleE63, Otaliema and chrisspeed281 like this.
  6. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

I have done the America Race Car Seasonal with the fastes Toaster ( 2J ) and got Gold :) Racing hard Tyres and a pitstop after 4 laps , second pitstop after 7 Laps .

CameraZOOM-20151217151438040.jpg

7. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

But MY dear friend I don´t have gold yet :lol::lol::lol::lol::cheers:

8. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I thought it was a airconditioner (2J) :lol:.

9. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

well done my friend:tup::gtpflag:

TripleE63, Pete05 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  10. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

YES finaly gold at Circuoto de la Sierra time 5:09.923 and with some brakes errors under way

11. coryclifford

coryclifford

I can make it half way. I never liked Sierra. I feel like I have to learn it all over again, as if I knew it before. Back when Mdtaurus would host races there I always sat Sierra out. I kind of like the fan car though, makes me move my arms faster than I ever had to.

TripleE63, Pete05 and Soren Jacquet like this.
  12. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I kinda like La Sierra except for the jumps. To me they ruin what is otherwise a pleasant drive through the country.

13. LordJCS

LordJCS

Finally I figured out where the tune for the ER34 D1GP Blitz 07 came from. It's one of my earliest drift tunes. Found some notes that I had written down regarding some of the setup.

With some tweaks on it I was able to slam in a 5.5k run with it on the latest drift trial.

Not sure if I'll be able to recreate the tranny setting considering all the tweaks and alterations over the time I've had the car. Gonna try and rebuild one from scratch this weekend, just to see if I can recreate it,or even improve it.

Who knows.. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  14. Otaliema

Otaliema

Did that in GT5 not doing that again in 6.

@chrisspeed281 seriously 1.0857 billion credits earned....
    @Pete05 in with you even with net I don't log enough race time to mass up credits. I have 80k km driven but less than 100 million earned.

chrisspeed281, TripleE63 and Pete05 like this.
  15. F1SCOTSMAN

F1SCOTSMAN

Well done the race first run second earned 3.4 million second race won by. 001 got the trophy but no cash and thirs race won by 59.6 seconds earned 1.4 Million whats that about

chrisspeed281 likes this.
  16. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I'll have to check my stats when I get home & post them for a good laugh.

17. shaunm80

shaunm80

Well, two of these events are not going to have a gold trophy image on my GT6 game. There is no chance that I can get through the RB race and the American Car race has one too many invisible walls that keep spinning me if I drive too close to the outside of the track. I did however gold the drift event so I am happy enough with that. Time to get back to Drive Club and keep levelling up on that game I think. :)

18. shaunm80

shaunm80

Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Fan Car

958PP
    1193 BHP
    570kgs
    Weight Distribution 48:52

Racing Hard Tyres

NO Oil Change

FC Suspension

F/R
    50/50
    18.20/18.40
    6/7
    6/7
    5/6
    3.5/4.0
    -0.10/0.10

Racing Brake Kit
    5/6

FC Transmission
    (Reset to default)
    Set final gear to 5.000
    Set max speed to 249mph
    1st 5.975
    2nd 3.597
    3rd 2.559
    4th 1.919
    5th 1.523
    6th 1.245
    7th 1.045
    Set final gear to 3.880
    (Adjust final gear to suit track)

FC LSD
    6/8/8

Set power limiter to 100.0%
    All power parts standard

Downforce
    F/R
    1000/1875
    Ballast - Set 25kgs to Position -50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only.

Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg
    Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit.jpg

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
    hall90, Otaliema, Bass Addict and 3 others like this.
  19. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Very well done my friend :cheers: , i'm not sure i can get gold there . i tried it so many times but can't drive longer than 1 min. before i get disqualified

20. shaunm80

shaunm80

If anyone can get the tune above to beat the gold time on the new seasonal event, let me know and I will add it to the list. I struggle with this car/track combo so I doubt I will personally achieve this.

I managed to get 2 minutes into this race but I was well behind the alien @Soren Jacquet's blue line and felt slow in comparison to him.

21. F1SCOTSMAN

F1SCOTSMAN

How do u add other peoples ghost. I did the Rb fan car ran a 5.37 then same setup on the 2011 prototype and did a 5.27 with my fanatec csr with the pad cant get past second corner

22. shaunm80

shaunm80

Add people as friends and anyone on your FL who has successfully completed a time trial race will show up as a blue line.

Otaliema, hall90, TripleE63 and 3 others like this.
  23. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

I´ll try this tune for the fan car out I´ll let you now how it did on the track

24. shaunm80

shaunm80

Thanks. You have already achieved gold in a stock car so I am sure you will be a good tester for this tune.

Pete05, Otaliema, TripleE63 and 2 others like this.
  25. LordJCS

LordJCS

I for one will not be taking on the redbull challenge. Had it been on a different track then maybe, but as it is now, no way.

Gonna focus on some more drift tunes when I get home from work.

As for the American 10lap free-for-all I went with a chappy 2j. Got the job done with relative ease.

26. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Circuit de la Sierra is my fav tracks , love it because you cant relax anytime have to be 100% focuson the track and the corners

27. F1SCOTSMAN

F1SCOTSMAN

Its a good track being new to the game its alot to remember every corner when they come a few times ive drove in the wrong direction around the corner and 1 time first time round the full track I hit the pit wall because I took the track for granted going on about 1.30 to try again so I can try out the setup posted aswell and compae it to mine then ill post my findings

28. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

This tune dor the Fan Car it gooood , lap time 5:11.427 . The first right turn 7 gear full throttle and the next left hand turn 7 gear full throttle then the left / right and turn 5 gear and full throttle and the next left hand turn 6 gear full throttle ,,, and there is more in this car . did a few mistakes on the track. but its reaaly good for this track

29. F1SCOTSMAN

F1SCOTSMAN

For me your tune to mine difference is 3 seconds better. Time with your tume 5.34xx my tune 5.37xx still say the x2011 prototype is a better car. My issue is with the gears and my wheel doesnt feel like it did last night.

30. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

But im stock the fan car is faster and better . try to reduce the downforce rear to 1700