Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by shaunm80, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

I will also be there as tester my friend.

2. shaunm80

shaunm80

Much appreciated. :) Thank you.

3. shaunm80

shaunm80

On other news. My placement has now finished which means I have a chance for a break and recharge of my batteries. I have a nice relaxing and exciting afternoon of seeing Star Wars at the cinema which looks awesome.

I have also been shopping through the dealerships once again and found 10 new cars to tune up and have three cars which are being worked on. Not sure when they will be ready but I have a few surprise cars in there which I hope you all will enjoy. :)

4. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

Your RUF FITT event sounds super tempting Shaun so I'll have an eagle eye on the Tuner thread & I'm licking my lips at the thought :)

On another note, when at @chrisspeed281 posted his stats the other day, I said I'd post my own stats when I had the chance so here goes:

447 cars
    5584 races
    5247 wins
    $2,982,370 current credits
    $259,777,310 credits earned
    $20,979,350 cost of tuning
    136,749.4 km total mileage
    854.8 hours total driving
    11,343.2 km longest run in the KTM X-BOW R
    149 wins for the same car
    485km/h Top Speed in the Corvette ZR1 race car
    44 Nissans as a favorite brand and
    26,594.8 km on the Nurburgring 24hr configuration as my favorite track :D

For those of you that noticed my recent questions about what to spend my $50,000,000 fortune on & the Ferrari 250GTO, yes I bought it (and it's gorgeous 330P4 sibling) and, no, I'm not impressed with the sound file that comes with the car :banghead:
    I'm seriously thinking of writing a letter to The Godfather so as to make him aware of the crime of audio blasphemy committed against one of Ferrari's most beautiful creations.
    If we read about Kaz waking up with a head in the bed, we'll know why :mischievous:

5. coryclifford

coryclifford

I wish I could give away some money. I have earned a total of about 920,000,000.

Otaliema, shaunm80, TripleE63 and 2 others like this.
  6. shaunm80

shaunm80

Its official, my garage is now completely linked so all the tunes can be accessed with one click. It took a long time to get it linked but so far so good. I can only hope that this time, my garage doesn't have the same issues as the previous one. :)

7. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

Hopefully they don't let GT6 complete die :indiff:

8. shaunm80

shaunm80

I am sure that you will be upgrading to a PS4 and the next evolution of GT though. I hope so anyway!

Otaliema and TripleE63 like this.
  9. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

of course i will do that :)

Otaliema, TripleE63 and shaunm80 like this.
  10. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

Hey Shaun, what about you if GT Sports comes out next year will you be staying on GT6 or going to PS4.

11. shaunm80

shaunm80

I will definitely be getting GT Sports and if there are tuning options, I will probably spend most of my time on that game but it depends on the game features. I will stick with gt6 for seasonal events and maybe taking part in fitt until gt7 proper comes out.

12. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I will be doing the same as you, and as you said it depends on the game features. I like the fitt competition and I hope we do a few more fits before GT sports comes out.

13. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Here is a little video from Sierra

14. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I can not hear anything, but nice control of the Redbull :cheers:.

TripleE63 and Soren Jacquet like this.
  15. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

I now the sound is not the best. but ther is a little sound but could be louder hehe

TripleE63 and chrisspeed281 like this.
  16. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

I can hear the sound now, because stupid me forgot to turn the volume up.

17. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

hehehehe

TripleE63, chrisspeed281 and hall90 like this.
  18. Otaliema

Otaliema

That's a sign you need sleep or caffine one of the two or both.

19. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

:lol:, I hate this time of year because I am running around trying to get presents for everyone for Christmas. Thank God Christmas only comes around once a year.

Otaliema, TripleE63, shaunm80 and 2 others like this.
  20. svenhjs666

svenhjs666

Wow a lot to catch up,wasn't active for a while over here and in game. :eek:
    Just noticed some interesting tunes i'm gonna try.

ps:stumbled over a small detail when looking for a gold tune for the SS5 drift seasonal

link

this was one of the cars/tunes i've tried to reach gold,but i kept failling.
    @shaunm80 can you change the suspension set up into transmission set up once,you've used twice suspension setup.
    in the post above for the same car you did the same ;)

21. shaunm80

shaunm80

I have amended my typo error now. :) Thanks for letting me know. @LordJCS has created a tune for this car which is a higher scoring drift car and may be what you need to gold this event using this particular car. Give it a go and see how it handles for you.

Looking forward to seeing what you make of my new set of tunes. Loads more going to be going on at some point too, 13 cars sitting in my garage at the moment that are waiting to be improved. :)

Otaliema, Pete05, TripleE63 and 2 others like this.
  22. svenhjs666

svenhjs666

i'm not gonna go back to the SS5 again,done with that.:censored:
    But still looking for a gold tune for the Suzuka drift trial,i'm gonna give it a shot over there ;)
    thanks for letting me know.:cheers:

23. shaunm80

shaunm80

I have 6 tunes already noted for that seasonal trial in the seasonal post I make. My favourites are the Ferrari 599 and the Nissan GT-R. Awesome cars. :)

24. svenhjs666

svenhjs666

i'll have a look on them,when i first looked over the thread i've spotted this one.
    But i couldn't set up your transmission when leaving it as you mention,can you take a look into it again ?
    Ony when i set up final gear to 5.000 before setting the max speed i could set up the gearing you've mentioned (or close to it at least)
    did not make an oil change.

25. shaunm80

shaunm80

Try this technique to set up the transmission.
    Set up the race car version first, then copy and paste the tuning sheet to sheet B.
    Reset to default and leave the transmission as default at 4.100.

It should work then hopefully.

26. chrisspeed281

chrisspeed281

very good lap my friend :bowdown:, i'm impressed how you can control this beast , no way for me to master this car with my DS3

27. shaunm80

shaunm80

I would have DQ'd by 0.30 seconds into that video with my driving skills (or lack off). Supreme handling ability and you take those corners seriously fast! crikey o reilly @Soren Jacquet, you are one scarily good driver with this car!

28. Soren Jacquet

Soren Jacquet

Wauw just beat my own time at Sierra Old Time 4:56.691 New time 4:56.160 but it´s with only 0.531 sec

Otaliema, TripleE63 and shaunm80 like this.
  29. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

You're not the only one Chris. These things weren't built for users of a DS3 & require smooth steering inputs only a steering wheel can achieve.

30. coryclifford

coryclifford

Except 6th fastest is a DS3 user. It just takes about a day :crazy: for your brain to adjust then it's not so bad. Until you get back in a normal car. :lol:

I did all the RB events with a DS3.

Now, having a wheel, you'd be surprised how fast you gotta move your arms. It's a whole new and different skill set. One that I'm still learning. I eventually got a 5:20 at Sierra but that was fine for me. Soren can have that win because I do not like Sierra at all.

Good job Soren. :tup: