Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Hi Chris and Pete..this race is very hard..Chris well done for getting gold:) ....i've tried the minolta which normally does really well on this circuit...but could only get 3rd twice both laps 3.30....i'm using Praiano's tune and i think the 109 update has effected this car...it looks like they havent been edited since 109..i will have to ask him or it is PD that have done something to this race..because even my 787B that was wicked on SPA is effected and only got 3rd with this:(

I bought the Pescarolo C60 and i think i have the same problem with this one too...they are jumping all over the place when braking...Do you or Pete know of any up to date tune for these cars..cheers guys:)
Sorry guys. I wish I could help with the right advice but I'm still locked in 1.07 land :(
Maybe using tactics will work. Think about running with a little more downforce front & rear to help with stability under braking & that should help through the Porsche Curves towards the end of the lap. The downside of this approach is straightline speed of which you need plenty. Staying in the aerodynamic 'tow' & paying special attention to the gearing is critical to success should you choose this method. Stay with the leaders & attack on the last lap between the Indianapolis section and the run upto the Porsche Curves.

Good luck fellas :)

Sorry guys. I wish I could help with the right advice but I'm still locked in 1.07 land :(
Maybe using tactics will work. Think about running with a little more downforce front & rear to help with stability under braking & that should help through the Porsche Curves towards the end of the lap. The downside of this approach is straightline speed of which you need plenty. Staying in the aerodynamic 'tow' & paying special attention to the gearing is critical to success should you choose this method. Stay with the leaders & attack on the last lap between the Indianapolis section and the run upto the Porsche Curves.

Why 1.07, Pete? :confused:

Thanks Pete i'll give little more Downforce and try the 40 brake assist that Chris mentioned:) cheers

No internet connection here except for my mobile & that would be way too expensive.
I had a friend that let me do the previous updates on his WiFi but things have changed there so I'm out of luck.
That's too bad indeed. :irked:

Gold At last on La Sarthe:)) i did it with the Pescarolo C60...3.25 and 3.25...yipee:) i used F10 R10 brake settings and it really did control it..So this tune of Praiano's isn't effected by 109..:) i'm going to try the others with this brake setting:)

Gold At last on La Sarthe:)) i did it with the Pescarolo C60...3.25 and 3.25...yipee:) i used F10 R10 brake settings and it really did control it..So this tune of Praiano's isn't effected by 109..:) i'm going to try the others with this brake setting:)
Well done mate. 3:25 isn't hanging about at Le Mans so you've done well there. Did you make any aero adjustments or just the brake change?

Well done mate. 3:25 isn't hanging about at Le Mans so you've done well there. Did you make any aero adjustments or just the brake change?

Just the brakes Pete...it kept the car nice and straight on heavy braking but i still had to pump the brakes about 3 times to slow down from 242mph ready for the corners after the long straights and changed Abs to 2 like Chris did:)

Hi Chris and Pete..this race is very hard..Chris well done for getting gold:) ....i've tried the minolta which normally does really well on this circuit...but could only get 3rd twice both laps 3.30....i'm using Praiano's tune and i think the 109 update has effected this car...it looks like they havent been edited since 109..i will have to ask him or it is PD that have done something to this race..because even my 787B that was wicked on SPA is effected and only got 3rd with this:(

I bought the Pescarolo C60 and i think i have the same problem with this one too...they are jumping all over the place when braking...Do you or Pete know of any up to date tune for these cars..cheers guys:)
I agree with you 100 % . I had 15 Tries with 3 wins so far. It helps a little to set ABS 2 and Active Steering to low but you have to drive like a Tsunami is right behind you :). I use Praianos Setting for the Pescarolo aswell and i have no Idea of update Tunes. If i find something out i will let you know :) The Problem is you have to drive more than 30 seconds faster as the First. And that is realy hard

Last edited:
Pete you are so right. The Pescarolo is the best Car for Sarthe so far. It's build for that Track. First i was dissapointed of the 2nd Place but more runs showed me the quality of that Car
Definitely... this is the car for this seasonal:) have you had any luck with any others Chris?? I've given up on the 787B....its just to unstable for this one:(

Edit...i've just read your last post we must of posted it the same time...lol
ok cheers:)

I know its mad 30secs is really hard to make up when you only have 2 laps and i think this is our problem..you have to push to hard and thats why i'm coming off the track so much when braking hard....i'm going to try and take a more chilled approach:)

Last edited:
Many of these tunes seem to gear toward DS3 users. I wonder can we use the same tunes for 900 degree wheels users? Is there a general way to convert a DS3 tune to a tune that works good for wheel??

Many of these tunes seem to gear toward DS3 users. I wonder can we use the same tunes for 900 degree wheels users? Is there a general way to convert a DS3 tune to a tune that works good for wheel??
I never used a wheel so i dont' know how to make a setup for a wheel. One time i used a setup from a wheel user an it was to much oversteering for the DS3

I got Gold with this Car at the new A-Spec Event at Sarthe le Mans :) The first Try shows me that the Car was very unstable at hard braking so i changed the braking Sensitivity at the LSD to 40 and ABS to 2. It was better now but you still need to brake careful. This Event is real challenge but 400.000 for 2 Laps is not bad :)

Edit : All other Cars i tried (Audi R8 Race Car '01 or Bentley Speed 8) are unstable at braking. I guess this is something special from PD to make it a little harder to win. You need minimum Lap Time 3.25 min

Edit : Not enough ! 3.23 and 2nd 3.21 with a Pescarolo was not good enough to win. This Event is to hard to get a Creditmaker :(

Chris are you using Praiano's tune for the Bentley because if your problem was the braking...the F10 R10 is working lovely...i just wished it was a bit faster... the tune is wicked with this brake setting:) it feels the best so far for handling:)

Chris are you using Praiano's tune for the Bentley because if your problem was the braking...the F10 R10 is working lovely...i just wished it was a bit faster... the tune is wicked with this brake setting:) it feels the best so far for handling:)
Yes it's Praiano's tune at the Bentley. It would be the best Car for sure but the speed at straight is not enough. Like the Toyota TS030 :)

Yes it's Praiano's tune at the Bentley. It would be the best Car for sure but the speed at straight is not enough. Like the Toyota TS030 :)
I know it would be:( i've just given up with it after 8 attempts best i got was 2nd but 14sec off the mark:(
just tried the sauber merc...same thing...2nd 8secs off the mark...this is so frustrating...they made this one just a tad to hard:(

I'm sitting at 2:nd after running a slightly detuned 787b Stealth( 650pp modified praiano tune). I got inspired by a certain " runner of pink cars" and decided to see what i could manage on Le mans..

Gonna have to bring out one of my "big boy" cars and have a go.

I'll be back with a progress report later during the day.

:cheers: guys!

I know it would be:( i've just given up with it after 8 attempts best i got was 2nd but 14sec off the mark:(
just tried the sauber merc...same thing...2nd 8secs off the mark...this is so frustrating...they made this one just a tad to hard:(
The Pescarolo comes with low rpm Turbo at Praiano's Tune, right ? Pete's post gives me a Idea. I installed the High RPM Turbo and give Ballastweight 70 kg ,the Limiter to 85.6 and Final Gear to 2890. Result : The Car is faster now at the Straight :)

I think a Gaming Setup like this could make us faster. The Problem is my Wife would submit Divorce if i design the Livingroom like this :)

Gaming setup.jpg

I think a Gaming Setup like this could make us faster. The Problem is my Wife would submit Divorce if i design the Livingroom like this :)

View attachment 191989
That looks mad :drool: But the wheel is on the wrong side :D

As for my internet issue, it's a pain when I think about the Senna content & new tracks but I don't miss the bugs.
Don't try & change the wheels after you've painted your brake calipers. It'll freeze your console.

Back