Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
You was fast in all Races and forget Nürburg because a Ferrari without Aids is not to handle for you and me. The Audi with 4WD was much easier to handle :)

You're right I sure did pick the wrong car with no aids on...lol...it was so funny trying to keep it on the track....next time i will be in the R8 too:)

The light

The lights take an eternity to go out...

A shame we didn't get to take the firebreathing racecars out for a spin though.. We'll do that the next time i guess..

They really do take a long time...but in the end i got the hang of it too....all i did was hold down accelerator and brake at the same time...and wait until start comes up then release brake...it seemed to work that way:)

Yes next time the other FITT car and both Corvette tunes.......and then the Race cars....i would like to try Shaun's mini again though...but need to look at my Controller and brake settings for it as i wasn't turning properly:tup:

So thanks for some Wicked racing i really did enjoy it:cheers:

You're right I sure did pick the wrong car with no aids on...lol...it was so funny trying to keep it on the track....next time i will be in the R8 too:)

They really do take a long time...but in the end i got the hang of it too....all i did was hold down accelerator and brake at the same time...and wait until start comes up then release brake...it seemed to work that way:)

Yes next time the other FITT car and both Corvette tunes.......and then the Race cars....i would like to try Shaun's mini again though...but need to look at my Controller and brake settings for it as i wasn't turning properly:tup:

So thanks for some Wicked racing i really did enjoy it:cheers:

I'm glad you enjoyed it..

Toyota GT86 '12 (Drift Seasonal Setup)
Read bottom of this post before applying changes to your car.

491PP
335 BHP
1101 kgs
Weight Dist 50:50

Comfort Hard Tyres

Change Oil
Aero Kit Type A only

All other aero parts standard
I fitted Rays 57Gainer wheels on my from the standard size section
Painted with Millennium Jade Paint from a Nissan.

FC Sus

F/R
100/105
5.00/4.50
6/6
5/7
2/5
0.0/0.0
-0.08/0.26

Racing Brake Kit
2/8

FC Trans
Set final gear to 4.800
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 4.280
2nd 3.020
3rd 2.259
4th 1.770
5th 1.446
6th 1.223
Set final gear to 4.900

FC LSD
45/50/12
Twin Plate Clutch Kit
Carbon Prop Shaft

Set power limiter 100.0%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

all other engine parts standard

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Ballast - Set 71kgs to Position 50

I achieved on my first attempt, once I set this up, a score of 7983. This tune is capable of more than this if you want to spend the time to perfect each section.

Notes for tune:
1. Add Aero Kit Type A
2. Change wheels (if desired)
3. Add power upgrades and apply power limiter
4. Weight Reduction and add ballast
5. Check PP and it should need the oil Changing. If your PP is out of range do not change oil and adjust power limiter to reach PP.
6. Set gear box once all power upgrade and engine work has been completed.

gt86seasonal-jpg.159782

Worked like a charm! Highly recommend this tune!

Here's a baseline to work with..

No oil change.

Lexus ISF CCS-R '11

500pp
347hp
1218kg
53/47

Sports soft tires.

Inch up 2 wheels

FC susp.

Rideheight: 80 90
Springrate;: 21,45 19,10
Damper C: 6 5
Damper E: 5 6
AR bars: 1 3
Camber: 0,0 0,0
Toe: -0,08 0,04

Brake ballance: 7 6

FC Trans: Set final gear to 5000
Set top speed to 200km/h- 125mph

1st 2663
2nd 2103
3rd 1729
4th 1461
5th 1236
6th 1066
7th 0935

Final gear: 2840

FC LSD

Initial torque: 5

Accel: 6

Brake:5

Downforce: stock @150 rear.

Weight reduction: stage 3

Power limiter 77,9

All power parts stock.

Tuned with all aids off except ABS which is set to 1.

It runs pretty good at Mt Panorama.

If you make any improvements let me know.

Last edited:
Fitt Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge
Hot Hatch Series

Tuned on the guidelines here

Mini Cooper S '11

470PP
274 BHP
1030kgs
Weight Distribution 55:45

Inch Up: 1 Wheels
Sports Hard Tyres

NO OIL Change

FC Suspension

F/R
115/115
5.50/4.50
4/5
4/6
3/5
0.0/0.0
-0.02/0.02

Racing Brake Kit
8/7

FC Transmission
Set final gear to 5.000
Set max speed to 112mph
1st 2.691
2nd 2.101
3rd 1.677
4th 1.392
5th 1.187
6th 1.032
Set final gear to 3.700

FC LSD
14/18/10
Triple Plate Clutch

Set power limiter to 95.3%
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Computer
Semi Racing Exhaust
Intake Tuning
Mid RPM Range Turbo Kit

Weight Reduction Stage 3
Ballast - 61kgs to Position 50

Tuned with TCS 1 and ABS 1 only. (tested with ABS 1 only and it works fine)

I don't think this will be the fastest car in class but it feels planted and is easy to drive around Brands Hatch.

View attachment 140149

Last night we used this Mini and the tune was locked....but can we change the brake setting on this when it is locked...cheers

Ok Guys i've been practicing with your FITT mini on Brands Hatch Shaun ...so I turned off active steering...active stability management and skid recovery force and I got a time of 1.43.893 is that any good compared to what you got last night I can't remember:cheers:

By the way Shaun it is a lovely tune:bowdown:

Edit...1.43.056

Last edited:
Ok Guys i've been practicing with your FITT mini on Brands Hatch Shaun ...so I turned off active steering...active stability management and skid recovery force and I got a time of 1.43.893 is that any good compared to what you got last night I can't remember:cheers:

By the way Shaun it is a lovely tune:bowdown:
Hey Badger,
Do you use MT or AT? I can't remember what times I was doing when this was created for the FITT challenge but I do remember it needed to be gear-changed at 6,000rpm to get the best out of her.
Great handling car though.

Hey Badger,
Do you use MT or AT? I can't remember what times I was doing when this was created for the FITT challenge but I do remember it needed to be gear-changed at 6,000rpm to get the best out of her.
Great handling car though.

Auto transmission mate and set to what Shaun set it too which is 3.700....for the final gear
I find it hard enough with taking off the all the aids which i'm starting to get use too with this car at least...lol i really cant be bothered to use manaul gear shift...even though it would probably make me a better driver and get faster lap times....but i'm to old to change...lol
I normally drive with all the aids on...but after last night with the big boys i just couldn't keep up with the aids on....so i decided today to practice without them and manage to get about 10 secs off my lap time on Brands.... cheers Pete:cheers:

By the way yes it does handle very well 👍

Auto transmission mate and set to what Shaun set it too which is 3.700....for the final gear
I find it hard enough with taking off the all the aids which i'm starting to get use too with this car at least...lol i really cant be bothered to use manaul gear shift...even though it would probably make me a better driver and get faster lap times....but i'm to old to change...lol
I normally drive with all the aids on...but after last night with the big boys i just couldn't keep up with the aids on....so i decided today to practice without them and manage to get about 10 secs off my lap time on Brands.... cheers Pete:cheers:

By the way yes it does handle very well 👍
The best thing PD could do for Auto drivers in GT7, is allowing you to set the upchange point for the gearbox. Some cars have no interest in revving all the way to the redline.
It would be a simple thing to add to the settings menu & make your experience a whole lot more enjoyable.
AT should work like in the real world at least.
I'm glad to hear you're working on driving without what I call the 'fun police'. The fact you've found 10 seconds in a 100 second laptime is reason enough to keep going.
My advice: pick you're favorite track and a car with low PP and circulate.
When you're comfortable, gradually work your way up the PP ranking.

Good luck mate :cheers:

The best thing PD could do for Auto drivers in GT7, is allowing you to set the upchange point for the gearbox. Some cars have no interest in revving all the way to the redline.
It would be a simple thing to add to the settings menu & make your experience a whole lot more enjoyable.
AT should work like in the real world at least.
I'm glad to hear you're working on driving without what I call the 'fun police'. The fact you've found 10 seconds in a 100 second laptime is reason enough to keep going.
My advice: pick you're favorite track and a car with low PP and circulate.
When you're comfortable, gradually work your way up the PP ranking.

Good luck mate :cheers:

That would be a good idea Pete..on the gearbox for GT7 And to make even more real have a kick down with the AT...that would be fun....we should all do a vote for it on the forum you never know if there's enough people involved they might look into it... 👍

And thanks for the advice on driving with no aids...the fun Police..thats funny:) its just like starting all over again and finding the right balance....i will give that a try...but on some tracks and seasonals i think i still might have to use a couple of aids...thanks Pete:cheers:

By the way do you use any of the aids?

That would be a good idea Pete..on the gearbox for GT7 And to make even more real have a kick down with the AT...that would be fun....we should all do a vote for it on the forum you never know if there's enough people involved they might look into it... 👍

And thanks for the advice on driving with no aids...the fun Police..thats funny:) its just like starting all over again and finding the right balance....i will give that a try...but on some tracks and seasonals i think i still might have to use a couple of aids...thanks Pete:cheers:

By the way do you use any of the aids?
The only aid I use is ABS1. I use a DS3 & I can control the throttle with no drama but trying to get fine brake control is almost impossible so a little help is what I need. Other than that, it's all in the thumbs 👍👍 :D

Back