Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
The only aid I use is ABS1. I use a DS3 & I can control the throttle with no drama but trying to get fine brake control is almost impossible so a little help is what I need. Other than that, it's all in the thumbs đź‘Ťđź‘Ť :D

Nice one đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

I think for now i'm going to take one step at a time and turn off all aids but leave on ABS1 and TC1...and see how i get on with that...its still a big improvement on lap times for me...Cheers mate:)

Last night we used this Mini and the tune was locked....but can we change the brake setting on this when it is locked...cheers
If it was any other tune. I would say yes, but FITT tunes are locked due to tune restrictions. Also, it is the one set of cars which are all identical and feel good to drive. It'll be down to the driver to get the most out of it.

I use abs 1 and TCS 1 with general tunes and abs 1 only with FITT tunes as I have to tune at that level in order to make the at competitive. That's why it's easy to drive with abs 1 only. My r8 chrome line is the same too. That is really good on abs 1 only.

Keep going with abs 1 and TCS 1 for all tunes and you'll pick up loads of speed and feel a lot more confident when aids are locked out :)

Chris if you dont mind me asking what aids did you have on last night with the mini was it just TC 1 and Abs 1 and what controller setting....thanks mate.:cheers:
I used ABS 1 (like ever) and TC 2. Contoller setting was sensitive 0. Best Lap with the Mini at Brands Hatch was a 1:41.6.. from JCS if i remember correctly :cheers:

Shaun,
I can't remember if I went sub 1:40 with the Mini or not. I know it was close.

Edit: I can't even remember who was the fastest with it.

My doctor prescribed a tablet for me that helps with the memory & something else but I forget what that was :D

Yesterday i practice with the Acura NSX FITT tune at NĂĽrburg GP. ABS always at 1

SRF off and TC 1: 2:14...
SRF off and TC 4: 2:12...
SRF on and TC 2: 2:09...

Shaun,
I can't remember if I went sub 1:40 with the Mini or not. I know it was close.

Edit: I can't even remember who was the fastest with it.

My doctor prescribed a tablet for me that helps with the memory & something else but I forget what that was :D
You got a 1.38.542 with it, Bowtie 1.39.7xx, backnforth 1.39.2xx all times were around this but I think you may have recorded the fastest lap with my car.

Yesterday i practice with the Acura NSX FITT tune at NĂĽrburg GP. ABS always at 1

SRF off and TC 1: 2:14...
SRF off and TC 4: 2:12...
SRF on and TC 2: 2:09...
Of course, SRF on will help this tune but unfortunately FITT rules do not allow it. I would say that the time you achieved with TCS 1 is more realistic for this tune. Don't get me wrong, Im not slating SRF. It does have its uses on some seasonals where PD make them impossible for DS3 users but it does alter the FITT tune handling characteristics. Think of it this way. The FITT NSX is designed to be loose and driven on the edge. It is very controllable but requires full concentration to get the best lap time out of it. SRF removes this as it makes the car too safe and removes the inherent speed within the car.

Like with Badger, the more you get use to reduced aids, the quicker you get overall in the game. If you can master MT (which I can't) then you can gain even more time but this will take a little longer. I know this from personal experience. AT transmission is still my biggest loss of speed but I am finding it difficult to change over to MT.

The FITT rules for the NSX required the tune to be set up for:

Special Stage Route 5

Twin Ring Motegi East

ABS 1 only with Grip level set to real.

The tune will feel a lot more intuitive on these tracks if you want to see what sort of time you can post on them.

My shift at work this morning was cancelled so I am using the time wisely. Spending a few hours tuning up the cars in my development list and packing up DVDs and things ready for my move to Bournemouth. If anyone is about this PM, I will be up for a few online races again.

My shift at work this morning was cancelled so I am using the time wisely. Spending a few hours tuning up the cars in my development list and packing up DVDs and things ready for my move to Bournemouth. If anyone is about this PM, I will be up for a few online races again.

What time are we talking about here? I might be able to join you for some quick races if the time is right..

Today and Tomorrow afternoon we can't go Online. I think there's a Update coming :bowdown:

Sounds good to me.. Are you gonna do the hosting this time around?
Can do, My net connection only starts playing up about 5pm GMT time when everyone else starts logging on in the area. I have fairly fast broadband speed most of the time. Search for Friends rooms and it'll be there at about 1400 hours. I do have a man coming to give a quote for removals at about 3.30 or 4pm today but that gives us an hour and half for a few races.

"Polyphony Digital has announced two periods of online maintenance for the GT6 online services this week, which will be unavailable for approximately two hours starting at the following times:

• August 19, 2014 at 12:00 GMT/UTC
  • August 20, 2014 at 12:00 GMT/UTC"

As soon as maintenance is completed, ill set up the room :) If we don't have an update to download that is. It should be okay for today.

If you make a race report we will wait long enough before start the next one. My God i'm confused today :dunce:
Okie doke. Got it now :) You will also be pleased to know that the last two cars I am tuning need no driving aids other than ABS 1 to get a solid lap out of them. Some more cars for you to practice with so we can convince you that aids are bad. (driving aids i mean... incase you wondered)

Okie doke. Got it now :) You will also be pleased to know that the last two cars I am tuning need no driving aids other than ABS 1 to get a solid lap out of them. Some more cars for you to practice with so we can convince you that aids are bad. (driving aids i mean... incase you wondered)

Now you've got my fullest attention.. Tunes without aids... How very intriguing..:dopey:

Back