Exeter GT Tuning (Updated with new seasonal setups)

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 15,760 comments
Two of the easiest cars to get gold in this event are the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 (650PP SS) and the Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12 (650PP SS). They are really easy to drive and make passing opponents very easy.

Wicked...I have them but haven't tried them on there yet:cheers:

The quickest grinding event for credits/min is the 500PP SH event. I am just cruising around in a '69 Z28 picking up 140,000k every 3.2 mins. This is a better ratio than 9 mins on Tokyo. Twin Motegi isn't the most exciting race but I need to earn as many credits as I can whilst I have the Internet at home. When I move, I may be offline for a few days which will be a little boring. At least ill have blu rays to watch and cars to tune up :)

LOL...Not really....i got the Fiat 500 1965...but i was born in 66...lol
Same here. Not born in 66 but born in 1980.. In GT5, they use to have that cool French Turbo Beast. I got that car every year. Not a bad present really. They seemed to have done away with that one though.

20140823_121900-1.jpg

Shaun i know it's your Birthday 👍...but i need your help mate with my transmission settings on the BTR...I 've used your settings as in pic above which the top speed is fine on the smaller straights...but on Nordschiefe where you have the really long straight i'm red lining much to early and its only reaching say 160mph... i was using it set at default settings and changing top speed to 193mph and it was ok...but i would rather use your transmission settings from now on....so when you say change final gear to suit track...what do i change the final gear too...say for this track for example..its set at 3.630 at the moment.. do i go up a little or down with it....sorry this is the first time i've done this:dunce:

Cheers mate

View attachment 210177

Shaun i know it's your Birthday 👍...but i need your help mate with my transmission settings on the BTR...I 've used your settings as in pic above which the top speed is fine on the smaller straights...but on Nordschiefe where you have the really long straight i'm red lining much to early and its only reaching say 160mph... i was using it set at default settings and changing top speed to 193mph and it was ok...but i would rather use your transmission settings from now on....so when you say change final gear to suit track...what do i change the final gear too...say for this track for example..its set at 3.630 at the moment.. do i go up a little or down with it....sorry this is the first time i've done this:dunce:

Cheers mate
To reach a higher top speed, slide the final gear to the left. to reduce the top speed, slide the final gear to the right. For Nordschiefe, you need to go to the left until you are happy with the top speed. try 2.900 for starters and work you way from there.

To reach a higher top speed, slide the final gear to the left. to reduce the top speed, slide the final gear to the right. For Nordschiefe, you need to go to the left until you are happy with the top speed. try 2.900 for starters and work you way from there.

For a track like Nurb you want a balanced gearing ratio.. Too heavy on the top speed(longer gears) the car has a tendency to be loose in the slower corners, whilst a shorter gearing reduces top speed, but alot smoother in the slower corners.

But as you said.. Find a point where the speed is and work from there until you find "the sweet spot", where speed and acceleration are the most equal.

It basically comes down to "trial and error", but once you understand how it works it gets alot easier to find said "sweet spot"

:cheers:

For a track like Nurb you want a balanced gearing ratio.. Too heavy on the top speed(longer gears) the car has a tendency to be loose in the slower corners, whilst a shorter gearing reduces top speed, but alot smoother in the slower corners.

But as you said.. Find a point where the speed is and work from there until you find "the sweet spot", where speed and acceleration are the most equal.

It basically comes down to "trial and error", but once you understand how it works it gets alot easier to find said "sweet spot"

:cheers:

Cheers Guys much appreciated 👍👍

If you have the 200% login bonus, the best ratio I've found is the Red Bull X2014 Standard Championship - Trial Mountain. 248,000 for 3 minutes work. Choose racing softs and turn on SRF.
RedBull is okay for grinding but the sound of those engines for hours a time give me a headache... If I'm going to grind out credits, Id rather do something I find semi-fun :) I have used RedBull before but at least I have 5 cars I enjoy driving at 500PP SH range. Makes the game seem less samey-samey.

RedBull is okay for grinding but the sound of those engines for hours a time give me a headache... If I'm going to grind out credits, Id rather do something I find semi-fun :) I have used RedBull before but at least I have 5 cars I enjoy driving at 500PP SH range. Makes the game seem less samey-samey.

For that event i've been cycling two cars.. First one is your BTR tune and the second one is the NSX Type R '02 that i used in our first meet online @ Suzuka.

Well I am up to 7.9 million credits now. I want to be a lot higher by the time I move to Bournemouth so I have credits to buy 2 nice expensive cars with enough credits left over to buy other cars to tune. Hopefully I can find a few hours in the week along with new seasonals to boost my credits up.

My free Birthday car today was a Honda Civic 1500 3door CX '79. Hmm. Not much I can do with that is there.
Happy Birthday Shaun :cheers:

I can't think of any other 1979 cars of the top of my head so options are seriously limited mate.
You could always treat the Civic to a retro-tech birthday and imagine what it'd go like with modern Type R mechanicals :D If I had to drive one, that's what I'd do 👍 :)
Oh, don't forget to send it to the paint booth either. That burnt orange look is visual torture :crazy:

Are you guys @shaunm80 @LordJCS and @chrisspeed281 up for a race online :cheers:
Its F1 qualifying at 12.10 GMT so ill be watching that. Im off out with my wife for a bike ride to the pub in Exeter after that so I won't be around for online racing. Also, I keep getting disconnected from the server every 10 mins now so its not very stable for me to do online racing. I lost 70k of credits due to being signed out 15 seconds before the race ended. Enjoy any racing you guys do though.

Happy Birthday Shaun :cheers:

I can't think of any other 1979 cars of the top of my head so options are seriously limited mate.
You could always treat the Civic to a retro-tech birthday and imagine what it'd go like with modern Type R mechanicals :D If I had to drive one, that's what I'd do 👍 :)
Oh, don't forget to send it to the paint booth either. That burnt orange look is visual torture :crazy:
I suppose I could turn it into a 350PP pocket rocket to add to that collection of cars. A new coat of paint is definitely required though to make it look good enough to drive.

Well I am up to 7.9 million credits now. I want to be a lot higher by the time I move to Bournemouth so I have credits to buy 2 nice expensive cars with enough credits left over to buy other cars to tune. Hopefully I can find a few hours in the week along with new seasonals to boost my credits up.

That's Cool....it does take a while to build them up doesn't it....especially for you...when you have buy a lot of cars to tune....and its much appreciated mate:) did they say how long your internet would take to set up.

My new cars which I purchased a few days ago for tuning are;

Chrysler Crossfire '04
Shelby GT350 '65
Toyota Celica GT-FOUR (ST205) '98
Spoon CRZ
Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12

Not forgetting the request from JCS to turn the IS F CCS-R '11 into a sports hard 500PP car.

That should keep me busy :)

Last edited:
Back