Exeter GT Tuning

• Thread starter shaunm80
  • 935 comments
Volkswagen ID.R '19 873PP

Racing Hard Tyres

A car that handles well but as you can't alter the power delivery settings you'll find that this car needs some throttle control at times. A fun car though.

VW ID.R '19 872PP-1.jpg

VW ID.R '19 872PP-2.jpg

VW ID.R '19 872PP-3.jpg

When I have the playstation back on I will publish the other tunes I had ready to go. Just need to check aero parts for the S14 (new silvia) tune and the engine swapped BMW 3.0 CSL.

Nissan Silvia K's Type S '94 600PP

Sports Medium Tyres
Wide Body Kit
Wing Type A
Sized up wheels.

A car that is based off the 550PP version but has slightly more power and feels nicer in the high speed stuff. Not a massive BHP car but feels nice to drive.

Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 600PP-1.jpg

Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 600PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 300
Set ratios as per image
Set FG. (can be adjusted)

Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 600PP-3.jpg

Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 600PP-4.jpg

Winning Race Times

Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 WinShot.jpg

Nissan Silvia K's Type S '94 550PP

Sports Hard Tyres
Wide Body Kit
Wing Type A
Sized up wheels.

A nice handling 550PP car. Not the best in class but okay in this range. This car really comes alive at 600PP. A nice option though. Not one for the Silvia races as it doesn't quite have the pace, Use the 600PP version for those races.

Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 550PP-1.jpg

Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 550PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 270
Set ratios as per image
Set FG as per image (can be adjusted)

Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 550PP-3.jpg

Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 550PP-4.jpg

Last edited:
BMW 3.0 CSL '73 700PP (Engine Swap Tune)

Sports Soft Tyres

A easy to drive, fast and fun BMW engine swap tune. Give yourself additional braking time as this car carries so much speed at the end of the straights. Enjoy!

BMW 3.0 CSL '73 700PP-1.jpg

BMW 3.0 CSL '73 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 260
Set ratios as per image
Set FG as per image

BMW 3.0 CSL '73 700PP-3.jpg

BMW 3.0 CSL '73 700PP-4.jpg

The winning race time

BMW 3.0 CSL '73 ES WinShot.jpg

Last edited:
Porsche Cayman GT4 '16 650PP

Tested on the Porsche cup, super balanced car, a treat! I may add a little bit of DGL on acceleration to be able to accelerate faster out of corners 👍

BMW 3.0 CSL '73 700PP (Engine Swap Tune)

Tested on the nordschleife, good handling, however be careful when accelerating hard at the end of 2nd and 3rd gear because the rear tends to oversteer.
I think this piece can be further improved.
Nice work all the same for a car of this power, fitted with soft sports tires and no rear aero.

Last edited:
Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66 600PP

Sports Hard Tyres

This car is yet another example of PD not doing justice for a great old car. It was not great in stock form but now it is safe, drivable and fast on SH tyres. It will slide in the rear but clever throttle control should keep it all in check. A fun car all around and now feels a bit more like it should.

Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66 600PP-1.jpg

Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66 600PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 320
Set gear ratios as per image
Set FG as per track.

Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66 600PP-3.jpg

Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66 600PP-4.jpg

The winning race I tested it on. I had a few offs in the last lap but this car has so much potential when you keep it on the black stuff.

Ford GT40 Mark 1 '66 WinShot.jpg

McLaren F1 '94 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A car that needed a little bit of teasing to get to this stage. It occasionally feels like it needs to be a little stiffer in the rear but to do this would hurt the front end turn in so I left it in this stage and it works well. Very easy to drive, safe at speed and as long as you don't overdo the breaking zones, you'll hit those apexes perfectly. Enjoy this one folks.

McLaren F1 '94 700PP-1.jpg

McLaren F1 '94 700PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set FG as image. Can be adjusted for other tracks if required.

McLaren F1 '94 700PP-3.jpg

McLaren F1 '94 700PP-4.jpg

Still awaiting addition races to really test this one out but I took it to the european tracks and it dominates cars that are a lot newer than this.

McLaren F1 '94 WinShot.jpg

Just a couple of tunes that I managed to get ready this afternoon. Going to work on a couple more tomorrow and see what else I can finalise. These cars are oldies but great cars to drive.

Tested on the Porsche cup, super balanced car, a treat! I may add a little bit of DGL on acceleration to be able to accelerate faster out of corners 👍

Tested on the nordschleife, good handling, however be careful when accelerating hard at the end of 2nd and 3rd gear because the rear tends to oversteer.
I think this piece can be further improved.
Nice work all the same for a car of this power, fitted with soft sports tires and no rear aero.
The engine swapped BMW is a tricky car. The amount of power this car has is awesome and you almost need to slow power delivery down to get manageable turn in. Racing hard tyres would make this car much easier to cope with but it doesn't really fit those races in my opinion. much more fun for the sports car races I feel.

@shaunm80 good to see you active again!!! Might want to consider tuning a Japanese legend car pretty soon ;) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/racemax-gt-super-lap-event-at-tsukuba-—-200-prize-purse.413235/

Dodge Viper SRT10 Couple '06 650PP
Really nice, keeps a good pace. Got killed in my 3rd lap, it seems like they have reverted the weather map to its former self. All these changes make it a real challenge to get consistent results, oh well.

F7142675-33DD-4C3F-B5A7-B56FB422D5A2.jpeg

For the new booklet that requires older cars at 580pp, I found the Ferrari GTO 84 a glorious drive. Just decrease ecu power and leave all other settings as is. Really awesome on all the tracks they make you drive.

McLaren F1 '94 700PP

Sports Soft Tyres

A car that needed a little bit of teasing to get to this stage. It occasionally feels like it needs to be a little stiffer in the rear but to do this would hurt the front end turn in so I left it in this stage and it works well. Very easy to drive, safe at speed and as long as you don't overdo the breaking zones, you'll hit those apexes perfectly. Enjoy this one folks.

View attachment 1200786
View attachment 1200787

Transmission
Set TS to 360
Set FG as image. Can be adjusted for other tracks if required.

View attachment 1200788
View attachment 1200789

Still awaiting addition races to really test this one out but I took it to the european tracks and it dominates cars that are a lot newer than this.

View attachment 1200790
whoa, love this tune! With a little tweaking I've been using it at Le Mans 30 minute race on FM6 and short shifting for a single stop race and blasting the competition. I've also used it in a few of the WTC 700 races and it's extremely competitive there too. FM6 here too.

Thank you for the brilliant tune.

@shaunm80 good to see you active again!!! Might want to consider tuning a Japanese legend car pretty soon ;) https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/racemax-gt-super-lap-event-at-tsukuba-—-200-prize-purse.413235/
It's been a busy few weeks at work. I am off this week but as i messaged you about, I have some work stuff to do but I shall have a look at the link and see if there is anything I can do.
Really nice, keeps a good pace. Got killed in my 3rd lap, it seems like they have reverted the weather map to its former self. All these changes make it a real challenge to get consistent results, oh well.

A nice car indeed. Great win. I haven't driven this race in quite some time but if they have tinkered with the weather as much as they have the PP settings, I expect things have changed a lot in the last few updates.
whoa, love this tune! With a little tweaking I've been using it at Le Mans 30 minute race on FM6 and short shifting for a single stop race and blasting the competition. I've also used it in a few of the WTC 700 races and it's extremely competitive there too. FM6 here too.

Thank you for the brilliant tune.
Thank you for trying out this tune. It is a very expensive car to buy but I am glad you found my work to be useful. As I said, it was a car that needed a fair bit of love but the results of hours of tinkering made it very fun to drive. One stopping on Le Mans is impressive though for fuel management. I always drive AT so short shifting isn't an option for me unfortunately.

For all you folks, I have had a productive couple of days already and finished off 6 new tunes. Going to continue to work on some more this week and will put out some fresh tunes in a few days. If you have the new cars from the latest update then your all set. :)

McLaren F1 '94 700PP

Hi Shaun, I also had the opportunity to test the Mclaren F1 and I wanted to give you my feelings:
Due to lack of time, I first tested it in the hypercar race with its soft sports tires and I had trouble keeping up with the leading peloton because it was rather tricky to drive with Lopez's Aston Martin Vulcan. 😡

Today, looking for new adventures in Le Mans and having read Sartori's commentary, I said to myself: why not test this very expensive F1 again? 🤔
I equip it with hard racing tires and just reduce the power thanks to the ecu and on the way...

Good to me, it drives very fast (even in FM6), it is very balanced and very stable with a very honorable consumption (possible to do 4 laps) and sows the competition very quickly. 😁
End of the 3rd lap, it started to rain, back to the pits to change the tires and refuel except that in the euphoria, I had forgotten to buy the intermediates and the rain Tyres! 😱
On the last lap my lead melted like snow in the sun, but the track also dried up.
I switch to FM1, and regain a comfortable lead by hitting a peak at 325km/h!

My new crush after your Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) Touring Car. 😍
Anyway, I'm going back tomorrow! 👍

Last edited:

Thank you for trying out this tune. It is a very expensive car to buy but I am glad you found my work to be useful. As I said, it was a car that needed a fair bit of love but the results of hours of tinkering made it very fun to drive. One stopping on Le Mans is impressive though for fuel management. I always drive AT so short shifting isn't an option for me unfortunately.

The pleasure is all mine, thank you for the amazing work you do. I think because you drive AT, your tunes can often be extra stable when using MT - I'm not sure, but feels that way.

I should have also pointed out that I had to fiddle a bit with the ECU because I'd already installed all the engine parts. I also tried the tune with aero (front, side and spoiler) and without and feel its just that little more sticky with aero - and gives me a couple extra PP to add more power back in too. My performance numbers are pretty similar to yours either way and I'm not sure if any of this has any effect on the fuel consumption - I assumed that the MT with short shifting had the most impact there.

I was actually a little worried that I wouldn't be able to match your tune with the extra engine parts, but at least for this car, it doesn't seem to matter and lowering power is relatively proportional. Is that something you've observed and would be safe to say for all cars?

Here's my super modest tweak to your setup incase you're curious how it looks with the extra parts.

IMG_4101.PNG

IMG_4100.PNG

Last edited:
Dear Mr. shaunm80!
I ask you to help with setting up the suspension and differential of the Porsche RSR gr.3 BoPP.
Planned routes: Barcelona, Spa, Lehman, Nordschleife, and Fuji.
I want the car to be stable and at the same time fast.
I will be immensely grateful.

Dear Mr. shaunm80!
I ask you to help with setting up the suspension and differential of the Porsche RSR gr.3 BoPP.
Planned routes: Barcelona, Spa, Lehman, Nordschleife, and Fuji.
I want the car to be stable and at the same time fast.
I will be immensely grateful.
I already have a 730PP version of this car made up in the garage. Just a quick question though, if it is a BOP race, do they allow tuning? I thought they made everyone run the same settings. Feel free to try out the porsche tune though and see how it goes for you.

I already have a 730PP version of this car made up in the garage. Just a quick question though, if it is a BOP race, do they allow tuning? I thought they made everyone run the same settings. Feel free to try out the porsche tune though and see how it goes for you.
The BOP race prohibits changing engine and gearbox settings. The settings of the lobby of the championship in which I am driving allow you to adjust the suspension, differential and downforce. Therefore, I ask you as a professional to help with setting up the above parameters))

Thanks for the link, I'll try your melody tonight.

Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22 500PP

Sports Hard Tyres
Widebody Kit
Wide wheels sized up.

A fun low powered Mazda. Really nice handling and as you can see, can beat faster cars due to superior handling. A nice addition to the game.

Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22 500pp-1.jpg

Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22 500pp-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 260
Set Final gear as per track

Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22 500pp-3.jpg

Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22 500pp-4.jpg

Winning times from the clubman race.

Mazda Roadster NR-A (ND) '22 500pp WinShot.jpg

Maserati Merak SS '80 500PP

Sports Hard Tyres

Car left in stock form. It's full glory of 80s nostalgia suede colourings and all. Its not a looker but it goes like the bees knees.

Maserati Merak SS '80 500PP-1.jpg

Maserati Merak SS '80 500PP-2.jpg

Transmission
Set TS to 260
Set FG as per image

Maserati Merak SS '80 500PP-3.jpg

Maserati Merak SS '80 500PP-4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back