Exhaust scrape

• Thread starter theOracle
  • 9 comments
i dont know if im just hearing things, but im pretty sure i can hear the exhause scrape the ground when in max lean with certain bikes. I can hear it best with the zephyr and vmax. has anyone else heard this?

I’d say that the sound is meant to represent the pegs touching down. Shame it’s so benign, as running out of clearance (grinding pegs, cases, exhausts etc) has an enormous affect on how one rides in the flesh.

Samberto
I’d say that the sound is meant to represent the pegs touching down. Shame it’s so benign, as running out of clearance (grinding pegs, cases, exhausts etc) has an enormous affect on how one rides in the flesh.

Straight out of lean of angle. Ever trap your foot under the shifter ? :scared:

Lightfighter
Straight out of lean of angle. Ever trap your foot under the shifter ? :scared:

Nope, thats one reason you put the balls of your feet on the pegs... Get into the habbit of putting your heels on them (with your toes stuch out) and you run the risk of smashing your toes into the ground.

Besides, you look like a duck riding with your feet all stuck out in the breeze.

If you are dragging hard parts of a modern sportbike, that means one of 2 things.

1. You are on the edge of traction.. you care cornering very very hard, and your sticky tires are about to let loose.. It takes some extreme lean angles to touch the pegs on modern sportbikes.

2. You have bad form and you are leaning the bike far more than neccicary.

Spectre600
Nope, thats one reason you put the balls of your feet on the pegs... Get into the habbit of putting your heels on them (with your toes stuch out) and you run the risk of smashing your toes into the ground.

Besides, you look like a duck riding with your feet all stuck out in the breeze.

If you are dragging hard parts of a modern sportbike, that means one of 2 things.

1. You are on the edge of traction.. you care cornering very very hard, and your sticky tires are about to let loose.. It takes some extreme lean angles to touch the pegs on modern sportbikes.

2. You have bad form and you are leaning the bike far more than neccicary.

You assumed far too much. I've read alot of your posts and you seem to know what your talking about... but dont get carried away with this one.
Youre one of two theory is wrong in this case... Neither is the answer. The last time I stuck a foot was on a 1976 RD400. I ran out of clearence on an increasing radius. I ride with my feet balanced with the peg under the center of my foot. Not everyone is a cafe racer. I wouldnt have been expecting it if I got caught under it. It's a 30 year old bike and far from modern. Those bikes are far faster to run out of chassis than tire.

To look like a duck would mean heels on the pegs and would be difficult to keep them there as your knees would be out as well as a hard angle with your ankles bent up. THe older bikes put your feet ahead of you, not under you.

I'm not trying to be an ass, I just dont agree with the picture your painting for these folks.

Samberto
no kidding usaly results in a charicter building experance:scared:

Back