expensive cars you wish you hadn't bought...damn it

  • Thread starter Thread starter pisquano
  • 235 comments
  • 27,063 views
Messages
72
yesterday I bought carelessly a Castrol Tom's Supra, 900,000 credits, thinking it would be a thunderbolt and my new "top car" and I didn't have any cars of that league yet

little did I know that the car is not that fast at all, is almost non-tunable and I am left with having spent an enormous amount of credits for nothing:yuck:

also: the car cannot be painted or sold:grumpy::grumpy:

I admit is my own fault, but can anyone tell me what this car is good for?
I have several cars in my garage that outspeed it, and costed me a fraction!
 
The Schwimwagen for that seasonal event... *sigh*
 
yesterday I bought carelessly a Castrol Tom's Supra, 900,000 credits, thinking it would be a thunderbolt and my new "top car" and I didn't have any cars of that league yet

little did I know that the car is not that fast at all, is almost non-tunable and I am left with having spent an enormous amount of credits for nothing:yuck:

also: the car cannot be painted or sold:grumpy::grumpy:

And it also happens to be a prize car in the B-Spec Extreme races :sly:

For me it will have to be the Viper Oreca #51. Almost 2 million and turns out to be a very mediocre car. I use it for grinding from time to time, but it makes the ovals seem even more boring because it's such a bland car.

Neither very fast, nor pretty. I wonder why people keep raving about it on this forum.
 
yesterday I bought carelessly a Castrol Tom's Supra, 900,000 credits, thinking it would be a thunderbolt and my new "top car" and I didn't have any cars of that league yet

little did I know that the car is not that fast at all, is almost non-tunable and I am left with having spent an enormous amount of credits for nothing:yuck:

also: the car cannot be painted or sold:grumpy::grumpy:

I admit is my own fault, but can anyone tell me what this car is good for?
I have several cars in my garage that outspeed it, and costed me a fraction!

i won one of those in a event. HAHHAHAHAHAH
 
Sorry but Castrol Tom's Super is a top gun. Amazingly fast for the horsepower it has and really great tuned as you buy it. You can hardly move the tail even tc 0! It's a grip monster!
 
And it also happens to be a prize car in the B-Spec Extreme races :sly:

For me it will have to be the Viper Oreca #51. Almost 2 million and turns out to be a very mediocre car. I use it for grinding from time to time, but it makes the ovals seem even more boring because it's such a bland car.

Neither very fast, nor pretty. I wonder why people keep raving about it on this forum.

seems to be a similar type of car to my supra... why are they SO expensive then?
2 millions??

also why am I not allowed to sell it it's beyond me...
GIVE ME MY CREDITS BACK PD!!!:ouch::ouch:
 
Sorry but Castrol Tom's Super is a top gun. Amazingly fast for the horsepower it has and really great tuned as you buy it. You can hardly move the tail even tc 0! It's a grip monster!

sorry but I have to disagree on that one...:crazy:
my Lambo Diablo smokes it anyday
 
In single player offline mode, the JGTC/SuperGT cars like the TOM's Supra have little value. The SuperGT race in Extreme Series is really the only race where you will compete with similar cars. As you say, it is underpowered to compete with true race cars, and overpowered for races with all but the most exterme tuned street cars.

There are several online groups here at GTP that race these cars however and when there is a whole field of JGTC/SuperGT cars, it makes for quite fun racing.
 
Ferrari F2007 12500000 cr and can't be used anywhere
 
The Schwimwagen for that seasonal event... *sigh*

Ah yes... That was a cruel joke from the PD guys. You even had to max it out for $$$ to be competitive.
 
Escudo..
It reaches 300km/h very quick but then there is nothing more you can get out of it..

i loved this car so much :(
 
I purchased the Furai only to find it can be won in B-Spec... oops not tuned it yet but it seems alot slower than i was expecting
 
A combo of stuff that totals, probably, 5 million. :(

Also the shwimmwagon is AWESOME!!!!!!!! its not a waste!!!
neither is the kubelwagon!
For the shwimm all you have to do is buy the thingy and put up the speed.
 
Same, bought the Alfa TZ2 not realizing it was a price... oh well, it's a joy to drive :)
 
I purchased the Furai only to find it can be won in B-Spec... oops not tuned it yet but it seems alot slower than i was expecting

Really? I think it's a really fast car. Fast enough to win the Like the Wind with. Which means it actually competes with LMP and Group C cars. It hardly gets faster than that.
 
Escudo..
It reaches 300km/h very quick but then there is nothing more you can get out of it..

i loved this car so much :(

Stupid question as I dont have the car, but have you tried fiddling with the gear ratios to get more out of it?
 
all you have to do is buy the thingy and put up the speed.

This is great advice, people. I have no idea what it means, but it works with *every single* car in the game. :dopey:
 
Really? I think it's a really fast car. Fast enough to win the Like the Wind with. Which means it actually competes with LMP and Group C cars. It hardly gets faster than that.

Is that tuned though? I tried like the wind, seemed really slow... i had just been using the FGT though!
 
Sorry but Castrol Tom's Super is a top gun. Amazingly fast for the horsepower it has and really great tuned as you buy it. You can hardly move the tail even tc 0! It's a grip monster!

👍👍👍👍
 
ABT Audi TT. I only bought it for the seasonal event and there was nothing wrong with it, but I ended up buying the Alfa 155 on top of it because that's what in my heart I really wanted. So just a mill down the pan, I'm not butt hurt over it though.
 
Is that tuned though? I tried like the wind, seemed really slow... i had just been using the FGT though!

No ****, of course it's not going to be as fast as a formula car or group C/LMP
 
Stupid question as I dont have the car, but have you tried fiddling with the gear ratios to get more out of it?

I tried EVERYTHING as far as i know 👎
No chance.. i can get it up to 310-312 but thats about it.

Thats why this thing i more or less always last in "Like the Wind" or similar events. It has no chance because of top speed.
 
yesterday I bought carelessly a Castrol Tom's Supra, 900,000 credits, thinking it would be a thunderbolt and my new "top car" and I didn't have any cars of that league yet

little did I know that the car is not that fast at all, is almost non-tunable and I am left with having spent an enormous amount of credits for nothing:yuck:

also: the car cannot be painted or sold:grumpy::grumpy:

I admit is my own fault, but can anyone tell me what this car is good for?
I have several cars in my garage that outspeed it, and costed me a fraction!


It’s not something I’d do, but I’ve read that people back up their GT5 game file save on an USB stick or secondary user account, buy the car, try it, and it they don’t like it delete and reload the back up.
 
The Audi r10 tdi lmp. I grinded for hours for that car and it's not a patch on the peugot 908 hdi fap. I wasn't expecting it to be as fast, but just don't really like the feeling of it, plus I don't like the steering wheel...

Pretty small thing to complain about, but that's life... I love the Castrol Tom's Supra btw.
 
Sorry but Castrol Tom's Super is a top gun. Amazingly fast for the horsepower it has and really great tuned as you buy it. You can hardly move the tail even tc 0! It's a grip monster!

Agreed i have both the standard and premium version one of my favorite cars (especially to people who have played the earlier gt's will remember this car)
 
When I played gt 1 or 2 don't remember really, was before somewhere 1995~ it was my favorite car. In tight tracks you can do marvels with it!
 
When I was just starting to play the game, I regret getting the XJ220 in the UCD as I could've done better for the price at that time.

But these days, I don't regret any car I get because I collect them :)
 
Back